Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 05:38 PM   #1
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation
Default Baby talk--Maybe talk?

Where do you ladies and butches stand on baby talk, among adults?
If it's a lover, I don't mind a dab now and then, but my friends, never!
Add your favorites, or least favorites.

Here are some of mine:

For actual babies only:

Horsie
Doggy
Piggy
Duckie
Go bye bye
Are you toisty? (thirsty)
Get your baba or binkie)
Did you go wiwi, doo doo, doodie, poo poo, poopie, or potty?
Want sketti for din-din?
Want some wawa?
Did you get a boo boo? An owie?
Want some num nums to eat?

And for lovers (of some duration)

Bye bye
Beddy-bye
Jammies
Titties
Baby Doll
Sweetie Pie
Cupcake
Cookie
Baby
Kiss it and make it better

For fellow butches:

Yeah, try it.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #2
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Me sad . I thot this wuz gonna be a baby talk thread! Great title, btw!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #3
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

I think for me, I don't generally use baby talk with actual babies. I had multiple speech impediments as a small child (stuttered and lisped), and I feel like hearing adults use correct speech is really important for children's language skills, and verbal development.

That said, I use baby talk with my puppies all the time, and I'm kind of surprised by it. I never thought I'd be that kind of puppy mom, but here I am.

As for baby talk with a lover, I guess that is something that has varied depending on who I am with. I don't generally like being spoken to like I'm a child, so it would have to be pretty specific circumstances for me to be ok with it aimed at me. I don't think I've ever used baby talk with to a butch lover. I call people sweetie pretty often, but I don't consider that baby talk.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Homoe doesn't do baby talk period!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
Ummmm….not really. As far as babies, there are a few words-here and there- that I might use. I use jammies on a regular basis but not with that annoying tone that baby talk can have sometimes.

As for pets, yeah, I can be guilty of that from time to time but mostly it's saying adult things in a higher pitch than normal, such as, "What are you DOING with that, baby?" with the emphasis on the doing so it's my tone that's baby like than my actual words.

I do identify as a girl and I do participate in D/g and there is the occasional sprinkling of baby-ish talk, or more accurately, baby-ish language but I don't do age play (although I have a little...it's complicated). I do have pet names for lovers and some of them fall in your list but it's situational and personal to that person, not generally.

I don't say wawa to anyone...child, animal or adult....as is with most of the words and phrases in your first list. However, some of the words and phrases are something that has been in my family for a long time. I have adult members of my family that speak in adult speech and tones and still call spaghetti...sketti. Or psketti. I can't visualize it as baby talk because I hear my 6 ft 9 inch 400 lb uncle say it in his baritone in my head. Sometimes it was followed by a 'fuggetaboutit' if he asked if we were having it and we weren't.

For the record, I do love a nice onesie but that's a different story altogether.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 08:19 PM   #6
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

baby talk makes me gag ! pet peeve:the expression "samy" for a sandwich I quiver w/ disgust thinking of someone saying it .
Old 09-16-2018, 08:57 PM   #7
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Pet names yes or when picking on each other but no baby talk, thats freaking creepy!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2018, 09:36 PM   #8
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I respected my children’s intelligence too much to talk baby talk to them. I wanted them to know the correct word and have a good vocabulary. If they were sick then yes, I’d coddle a bit.

My dogs I baby talk more than I care to admit. Not that I don’t respect their intelligence. I’ve just come to realize it makes them happy. Now that I have an empty nest, they’re as close to a baby as I’ve got.

In relationships... to each their own. It’s not a big thing for me personally but...I respect individual choice in most things.

(My uncle has been referring to me as a “bleeding heart liberal” since i was 13)
Old 09-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #9
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
If it's a lover, I don't mind a dab now and then, but my friends, never!
Add your favorites, or least favorites.

Here are some of mine:

For actual babies only:

Horsie
Doggy
Piggy
Duckie
Go bye bye
Are you toisty? (thirsty)
Get your baba or binkie)
Did you go wiwi, doo doo, doodie, poo poo, poopie, or potty?
Want sketti for din-din?
Want some wawa?
Did you get a boo boo? An owie?
Want some num nums to eat?

And for lovers (of some duration)

Bye bye
Beddy-bye
Jammies
Titties
Baby Doll
Sweetie Pie
Cupcake
Cookie
Baby
Kiss it and make it better

For fellow butches:

Yeah, try it.
Context matters, definitely. I mean, terms of endearment come with how strongly you feel for someone you like, right? Maybe, sometimes pet names or sweet-talk add depth and communicate how you feel in terms of clarity.... I think it's okay, until it's not okay (context). Right???

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #10
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Pets only. And if you and your gf do that, please please only in private.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:19 PM   #11
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina03 View Post
I think for me, I don't generally use baby talk with actual babies. I had multiple speech impediments as a small child (stuttered and lisped), and I feel like hearing adults use correct speech is really important for children's language skills, and verbal development.

That said, I use baby talk with my puppies all the time, and I'm kind of surprised by it. I never thought I'd be that kind of puppy mom, but here I am.

As for baby talk with a lover, I guess that is something that has varied depending on who I am with. I don't generally like being spoken to like I'm a child, so it would have to be pretty specific circumstances for me to be ok with it aimed at me. I don't think I've ever used baby talk with to a butch lover. I call people sweetie pretty often, but I don't consider that baby talk.

Cats are different. I call one Kitty Pants and the other Uniball.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Baby talk. Hmm. I wouldn’t say that I participate in baby talk with my girlfriend, but we do have some pretty childish moments together in private and in front of people whom we know wouldn’t judge us...ha. (As I do with my closest friends.) I’ve realized that, for me, it is imperative that any potential partner has the capability to access their inner child...and does so somewhat frequently.

A long time ago, I had a boss whose wife would come into the drug store and speak to him in baby talk. I don’t believe I ever heard her speak to him in any other tone of voice. You could tell he loved it. They were both pharmacists. It was pretty awkward for those of us within earshot, but hey....to each their own.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #13
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation
Default Martina and Nina03 are in my head.

Please: If you feel compelled to speak baby talk to your adult partner in public I will likely say something YOU might interpret as “assertive.” I use that term loosely. There’s a time and place for such antics and Would I speak to my butch in baby talk in private? Very highly unlikely. Now, my cats are a whole different ball of wax. We will break into the goo-goo and ga-ga at any given moment. They also get serenaded by my raspy, southern drawl vernacular. They have yet to pack up and move out.