Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Saw "Horrible Bosses" a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was hysterical. I mean, it's a no-brainer low-brow popcorn movie.

Going to see Captain America tomorrow with my housemate.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #162
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahRene View Post
Alright, I'll go first. I watched Milk this afternoon and wondered why I waited this long to watch it. Great movie, very moving. We owe him a huge debt of gratitude for what he did for SF/The Castro and queers everywhere.

I have a copy of Milk I've never watched and think I will sit down with it this weekend. Lately, Ive been checking a lot of PBS things from the library and watching everything from Mary Pickford to JFK's presidency. I love biography/A&E/American Masters and likeminded productions.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #163
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gran Torino.

I purchased this movie today on a whim (it was also on sale).. normally, I do not purchase a movie until I have watched it and feel I will want to watch it again. I have read about the storyline.. so it seems interesting enough. I more than likely watch it tomorrow and will stop back and let everyone know what I think.

I scrolled back a bit and tried to see if anyone else has seen it and posted their thoughts. I did not find anything (although it is late, and I could have that eyes glazed over insomnia look).

Has anyone else seen it? your thoughts? Thank you in advance.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #164
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I have watched Gran Turino. I liked it a lot. I watched it for two reasons. First, I like Clint Eastwood as a director and actor. Second, this movie was filmed in Michigan. Some have thought the storyline is indicative of Detroit, and it's really not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTulane View Post
I purchased this movie today on a whim (it was also on sale).. normally, I do not purchase a movie until I have watched it and feel I will want to watch it again. I have read about the storyline.. so it seems interesting enough. I more than likely watch it tomorrow and will stop back and let everyone know what I think.

I scrolled back a bit and tried to see if anyone else has seen it and posted their thoughts. I did not find anything (although it is late, and I could have that eyes glazed over insomnia look).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #165
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

I have also watched it and really enjoyed it. But I am a huge Clint Eastwood fan, post gunslinger phase. I also found it an interesting aside that it was filmed in Michigan, as I live here.

Quote:

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #166
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Default "It's expensive being gay."

I watched "I Love You, Phillip Morris" last night. Loved it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #167
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I wasn't crazy about the new Harry Potter. It fell short.

I recently watched Rabbit Hole with Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart and while it was sad and hard to watch it was also very good.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #168
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:

Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I watched "I Love You, Phillip Morris" last night. Loved it.
Just got this from Netflix...looking forward to it.

~Washington Irving
Old 07-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #169
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

I initially resisted watching it because from the trailers it seemed racist. But I was coaxed into it and told it wasn't really anti-Hmong. It being a Clint Eastwood product, I found the race issue treated with due sensitivity. Like most of his movies (even the westerns) it was really a love story -- love of humankind. I liked it. I own it now too, though I don't watch it unless I can pay full attention. There are always new subtle nuances that I didn't pick up before, it's always deeper and more interesting every time.

(dont know how to quote right half the time)

I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I'mOneToo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 06:05 PM   #170
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My Life in Ruins...goood fun. Have ice cream in the freezer.

The Lovely Bones--unnerving movie
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #171
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:

JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gran Torino.

Thank you Jake, Eli, and One. I agree with your recommendations. I just finished watching it and I, too liked it very much. I am also glad I own it now as well. Odd that it should happen I end up buying it on a whim without seeing it first and it turning out that I enjoyed it.

I believe what I enjoyed about it the most (probably odd as well) the bits of humor here and there. Especially when he spits his chew and the old woman on the porch across the way spits her's as well.

Well done Clint, well done.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #172
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

THOR
need i say more
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #173
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #174
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:

I just watched I Love You Phillip Morris, it had it's moments but overall I was underwhelmed. I have never been a fan of Jim Carey, this was no exception.

~Washington Irving
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #175
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticOceansFL View Post
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2
We saw this in 3D today and really enjoyed it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #176
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:

I just purchased these movies.. all were in the bargain movie bin (which I love) except the Harry Potters.

Shawshank Redemption (no movie collection should be without this).

Presumed Innocent (an old Harrison Ford movie based on a novel by Scott Turow)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

(I have read all of the books and own them.. so I decided I would get the movies as well.. as I believe there are a couple I have not seen yet)

Diary of A Mad Black Woman (hysterically funny)
Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #177
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahRene View Post
I just watched I Love You Phillip Morris, it had it's moments but overall I was underwhelmed. I have never been a fan of Jim Carey, this was no exception.
I really wanted to love this film. But I did not.

I'm also not a Jim Carrey fan though I *treble-heart* Ewan McGregor.
I thought the story/writing would be enough for me to get over my dislike of Jim Carrey. But no........There were comical moments, but overall it felt like a chore to watch it through to the end.

I have 'Mao's Last Dancer' at home from netflix; at some point in the next 2-months I hope to have time to watch it.

I also saw HP Deathly Hallows Pt 2, and loved it.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #178
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

The X Files Movie... that's whats on right now.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM   #179
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:

I agree, it did become a chore. Bad stereotypes and camp. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I really wanted to love this film. But I did not.

I'm also not a Jim Carrey fan though I *treble-heart* Ewan McGregor.
I thought the story/writing would be enough for me to get over my dislike of Jim Carrey. But no........There were comical moments, but overall it felt like a chore to watch it through to the end.

I have 'Mao's Last Dancer' at home from netflix; at some point in the next 2-months I hope to have time to watch it.

I also saw HP Deathly Hallows Pt 2, and loved it.

~Washington Irving
Old 07-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #180
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Cowboys and Aliens... wasn't really predictable like I thought it would be, and kinda had you right from the beginning all the way to the end... great!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie