Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 09-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #41
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vintage Candy

That's true Gemme.

About 20 minutes from where I live now, there is an awesome gift shop, called Charlie Brown Farms, that is wall to wall with old retro/vintage memorabilia, and everytime I go there I go nuts. They have almost all the candy from when I was little, and as far back as the 50s and older.

My favorites are the Mary Janes, which I haven't seen for sale anywhere else outside of Halloween time. But they have them here, in the cutest packaging, which I saved.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #42
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2016, 09:18 PM   #43
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Knott's Berry Farm

I had to make a post on Knott's Berry Farm. I've been a few times this month, and hadn't been since I was a small child. As an adult, I've been able to fully appreciate what a unique gem of a place it is for lovers of rustic, vintage and old-fashioned. I was in heaven there.

The other day, when I was there with my brother, we were reading a plaque about Knott's claiming to be the first theme park in America, which I never knew. I'm not pleased with all the big modern crazy roller coasters they are cluttering the park with, but I am so in love with all the adorable quaint shops and historical exhibits, and the Native & western theme, that they have preserved since the 40s I guess.

My favorite things are the Victorian signage everywhere, the beautifully crafted items sold by local vendors, the authentic collections of antique items on display, the 1950s & earlier toys in the shops and the ghost town theme that I will miss with the removal of Frontier Land at Disneyland. To me, this is how they stand apart from Disney, which is practically down the street from Knott's. Oh and I love Boysenberry too, especially on Funnel Cake!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2016, 10:08 PM   #44
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post

I had to make a post on Knott's Berry Farm. I've been a few times this month, and hadn't been since I was a small child. As an adult, I've been able to fully appreciate what a unique gem of a place it is for lovers of rustic, vintage and old-fashioned. I was in heaven there.

The other day, when I was there with my brother, we were reading a plaque about Knott's claiming to be the first theme park in America, which I never knew. I'm not pleased with all the big modern crazy roller coasters they are cluttering the park with, but I am so in love with all the adorable quaint shops and historical exhibits, and the Native & western theme, that they have preserved since the 40s I guess.

My favorite things are the Victorian signage everywhere, the beautifully crafted items sold by local vendors, the authentic collections of antique items on display, the 1950s & earlier toys in the shops and the ghost town theme that I will miss with the removal of Frontier Land at Disneyland. To me, this is how they stand apart from Disney, which is practically down the street from Knott's. Oh and I love Boysenberry too, especially on Funnel Cake!

I used to love Knotts. When I first moved to California in 1972, they had no fence around it and I don't think an admission fee because I used to go with my 2 girls in strollers, mom and grandmother all of the time. We would just go for a few hours to walk around and maybe lunch in the chicken dinner restaurant.

Then, they built a big fence around it, charged for admission (though still much cheaper than D-land).

I remember when Disneyland was inexpensive enough for all of us to go for the day, too, a couple of times a year and we would buy a book of tickets for rides. (E-ticket anyone?).

*Sigh*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #45
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Yes, unlike Disneyland, you can still get into Knott's for under $100. But man ... they get you with the $18 parking which still goes onto the grass. One of the perks of growing up in So Cal was always being close to all these fun places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I used to love Knotts. When I first moved to California in 1972, they had no fence around it and I don't think an admission fee because I used to go with my 2 girls in strollers, mom and grandmother all of the time. We would just go for a few hours to walk around and maybe lunch in the chicken dinner restaurant.

Then, they built a big fence around it, charged for admission (though still much cheaper than D-land).

I remember when Disneyland was inexpensive enough for all of us to go for the day, too, a couple of times a year and we would buy a book of tickets for rides. (E-ticket anyone?).

*Sigh*

The Following User Says Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #46
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Cooking: Terms and What They Mean - Old Movie (1949)

I can get lost watching these forever.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:41 AM   #47
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2017, 02:47 AM   #48
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

A JEWELLED THREE-COLOUR GOLD-MOUNTED GUILLOCHÉ ENAMEL AND MOTHER-OF-PEARL FAN
MARKED FABERGÉ, WITH THE WORKMASTER'S MARK OF MICHAEL PERCHIN, ST PETERSBURG, 1899-1903, SCRATCHED INVENTORY NUMBER 5365
Price realised
GBP 74,500
USD 120,690

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #49
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Old Time Radio

Old Time Radio & Mystery Theater . Fun to listen while working.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2017, 09:09 PM   #50
pumpndude

How Do You Identify?:
Good Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

pumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputationpumpndude Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Good Thread

Everything is so expensive now
junk food and fast food places, way to expensive....
new vehicles, come on , that much, crazy....

how do parents with a lot of kids afford to feed them?...

Love 70's and 80's RocknRoll
I'm old fashioned on the way I treat women....
:
I miss the payday bar....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pumpndude For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:24 PM   #51
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Recipes!

I love everything wood, and this is very similar to my recipe box given to me by someone very dear to me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #52
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book

This adorable 1950s cookbook was also passed down to me, although in mint condition. One of my favorite pages and a rule I live by:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #53
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I have some similar to these, I love them. I like cherries in the kitchen, and I found them at an antique store.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 03:00 AM   #54
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

they had the best vanilla malts.........
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 05:52 AM   #55
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

they had the best vanilla malts.........
We used to stop at them while traveling. The folks would always buy 5 marshmallow pecan logs - 1 for them and 1 for each of their children.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #56
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

It broke my heart when they stopped using real sugar in the Boysenberry preserves. I found out on FakeFoodWatch.com, it is worse than that:

"Killing Cordelia Knott's Homespun Preserves

But as of 2013, Knott's superb products are no more. Killed by industrial food mega-corporations, hungry to cheapen and undercut great American products for greater profitability.

Big Food corporate fake-food giant Con Agra bought-out Knott's food products and operations in 1995, pledging to foster the high-quality and good reputation of Knott's Berry Farm foods that had pleased generations of Americans.

In 2008, though, Con Agra closed Knott's artisan jelly-making plant here in my hometown, and sold Knott's food brands to Ohio-based food giant J.M. Smuckers Co., industrial food corporate owner of Pillsbury, Hungry Jack, Dunkin' Donuts, Jif peanut butter, Crisco shortening, and hundreds of other processed food brands.

In early 2013, Smuckers announced that Knott's-labeled preserves, jams, and jellies had been discontinued (except for token offerings at the Buena Park theme park). That all Knott's jams, jellies, preserves and related products would bear the name of Smuckers... a move that seems logical, considering that the high-quality ingredients and artisan-attention Cordelia Knott lavished on her pure, homespun fare had long since been compromised in favor of fake food sweeteners, additives, and processes.

Today, the ingredients listed for Smuckers Boysenberry Preserves, after boysenberries, are:
High fructose corn syrup
Corn syrup
Fruit pectin
Citric acid

Great Aunts Gertrude and Clara would be appalled. At their Sunday supper table, they would never have stooped to serve these inferior tasting, processed-food substitutes for Cordelia Knott's fresh, crisp iconic American creations."

http://www.fakefoodwatch.com/2013/04...of-iconic.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #57
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

I hate to hear this, especially now that it seems home preserving is back to being a big trend now. Thank you for sharing Anya! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
It broke my heart when they stopped using real sugar in the Boysenberry preserves. I found out on FakeFoodWatch.com, it is worse than that:

"Killing Cordelia Knott's Homespun Preserves

But as of 2013, Knott's superb products are no more. Killed by industrial food mega-corporations, hungry to cheapen and undercut great American products for greater profitability.

Big Food corporate fake-food giant Con Agra bought-out Knott's food products and operations in 1995, pledging to foster the high-quality and good reputation of Knott's Berry Farm foods that had pleased generations of Americans.

In 2008, though, Con Agra closed Knott's artisan jelly-making plant here in my hometown, and sold Knott's food brands to Ohio-based food giant J.M. Smuckers Co., industrial food corporate owner of Pillsbury, Hungry Jack, Dunkin' Donuts, Jif peanut butter, Crisco shortening, and hundreds of other processed food brands.

In early 2013, Smuckers announced that Knott's-labeled preserves, jams, and jellies had been discontinued (except for token offerings at the Buena Park theme park). That all Knott's jams, jellies, preserves and related products would bear the name of Smuckers... a move that seems logical, considering that the high-quality ingredients and artisan-attention Cordelia Knott lavished on her pure, homespun fare had long since been compromised in favor of fake food sweeteners, additives, and processes.

Today, the ingredients listed for Smuckers Boysenberry Preserves, after boysenberries, are:
High fructose corn syrup
Corn syrup
Fruit pectin
Citric acid

Great Aunts Gertrude and Clara would be appalled. At their Sunday supper table, they would never have stooped to serve these inferior tasting, processed-food substitutes for Cordelia Knott's fresh, crisp iconic American creations."

http://www.fakefoodwatch.com/2013/04...of-iconic.html

Old 04-20-2017, 01:23 PM   #58
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Oh these are sooo cute! I would have grabbed them too. I have always loved the retro cherry motif. Thank you for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post

I have some similar to these, I love them. I like cherries in the kitchen, and I found them at an antique store.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:46 PM   #59
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bruce's Candy Kitchen

This is a wonderful place to get old fashioned, home made candy. It's a local Oregon business that I believe is family owned, for many years. They are very community minded, generous to a fault, and you'll always get the tastiest confections, at Bruce's Candy Kitchen. I love their salt water taffy. So tasty, melt in your mouth flavors. They have two locations on the Oregon coast: Seaside and Cannon Beach.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #60
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Adorable, I really love places like this, thank you for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

This is a wonderful place to get old fashioned, home made candy. It's a local Oregon business that I believe is family owned, for many years. They are very community minded, generous to a fault, and you'll always get the tastiest confections, at Bruce's Candy Kitchen. I love their salt water taffy. So tasty, melt in your mouth flavors. They have two locations on the Oregon coast: Seaside and Cannon Beach.

Tags
bygone, old fashioned, old-fashioned, retro, vintage