mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Can those that have purchased postcards at stores, please tell me where you got them?

Being in OK, I had a hard time locating a store, so I went to a tourist info center a few miles from where I live.
i've found some really cool postcards at bookstores. yes, the huge conglomerate ones. barnes and noble usually has a decent selection. they may not necessarily be "about" the area you're in, but i've gotten some cool marilyn monroe, david bowie, and just rockin' photo postcards. also, while you're at the bookstore, look around in the travel area. lots of stores carry postcard "books", some specific to your state.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 08:40 PM   #222
scootebaby
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
yes dear
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,737 Times in 1,777 Posts
scootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputationscootebaby Has the BEST Reputation

i came home and found a postcard from the Alamo!

now i am only 1 behind Jo WOOT! WOOT!
scootebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scootebaby For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #223
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
we got a card from morningstar , it had a recipe on it!

and 2 from Nina (one each)
mine did not have a crustacean on it

Mine. is. food. LMAO!
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #224
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I mailed postcards this morning (Friday morning) from Sedona!

Enjoy!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #225
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootebaby View Post
i came home and found a postcard from the Alamo!
Which, I grant you, is very cool....but not quite as cool as the one little man sent me. *smug grin*
Old 07-09-2011, 06:18 AM   #226
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
In formal settings...Miss
Relationship Status:
Wrapped up with a Shiny Red Bow

Rivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST Reputation

I would love to join this, am I too late? I collect cards and postcards too. I'll pm JustJo. Also, there is a website called PostSecrets which is good, it's kind of an appropriated postcard thing, just in case anyone is interested in taking a look.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #227
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

it is possible the theme of my cards to corkey is: Food in the unexpected...dunno why it turned out that way, still...it. is. art. ...I try and send something with a clearer comment to ami...not sure that made sense, but I (kind of) know what it means...and hope she does as well...

I am worried that jo and scooty didn't get their cards...I find, with them, I am looking for and sending cards which I hope will make scooty laugh, and which I hope speak (somewhat) to Jo's heart...

thus far all the cards I've sent are ones which I have had in my collection...I may have to start venturing out for more since, while I have over 1,000 post cards, they are not leaving the house...I do have a good number I can send out left, still if I feel my to-do and/or worry-list starts to get light, I am glad to have one. more. thing. to add to it...

yeah, I'm just nuts...what more can I say (insert self-deprecating question mark, or bold point period, here)

happy weekend and all
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #228
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivkeh View Post

I would love to join this, am I too late? I collect cards and postcards too. I'll pm JustJo. Also, there is a website called PostSecrets which is good, it's kind of an appropriated postcard thing, just in case anyone is interested in taking a look.
And we'd love to have you...especially seeing as you're in Australia. Just make a note that I love wallabies, k?

*making mental note to check postcard postage to Down Under*
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #229
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
And we'd love to have you...especially seeing as you're in Australia. Just make a note that I love wallabies, k?

i'm guessing around .75. that's what it runs to send postcards to canada, anyway.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #230
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Can those that have purchased postcards at stores, please tell me where you got them?

Being in OK, I had a hard time locating a store, so I went to a tourist info center a few miles from where I live.
I found mine at a small grocery store near my office. I live in a small town and was not having an easy time finding any then I remembered having seen some there. I honestly I thought I may have to venture to the airport-lol.

Big change from being in Florida in May. You could close your eyes, swing a bat and knock over a dozen postcard racks, regardless of where you were

Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #231
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Picked up some while traveling this week. I may be able to get through the rest of the list. I like the idea of doing themes...maybe that will be the next batch I send around by end of summer.

I've lost count of how many I've received. I'll be starting the scrap book this weekend.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #232
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation

Please be advised- postcard postage to Canada and Mexico is 80 cents. All other countries is 98 cents.

This week I received cards from LaneyDoll, little man, Fancy and amiyesiam & Corkey.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 07:28 PM   #233
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Alright Postcard Lovers...T & I sent out 25 cards today. I do not believe we missed anyone and hit someone up twice (Scoote if you don't get them this time, I hate to break it to you but your postman hates you) This time we also made sure that everyone received a different one. Not all are San Antonio related, some we thought were just fun!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Sunday and made it a lazy one We sure did!!!

Can't wait to get home and check our mailbox!!!
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #234
wimsiclegirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, babygirl,
Relationship Status:
Completely smitten...

wimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputationwimsiclegirl Has the BEST Reputation

Postcards bought in LA this weekend....sending them out tomorrow....YAY!!

Love this game...

Wimsi
Old 07-11-2011, 02:42 AM   #235
Rivkeh

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
In formal settings...Miss
Relationship Status:
Wrapped up with a Shiny Red Bow

Rivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST ReputationRivkeh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post

ok....wallabies, sure thing
Old 07-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #236
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Love this!

Scoote got her own card from little man....and then, yesterday when we got home from our overnight "take Rooster to the airport then go have adults only day at Disney" trip last night, we had more!

Two from Nina....mine was lovely (hugs) and Scoote's made me laugh...and then a beautiful one from "Diva's Road Trip"

This is so much more fun than bills in the mailbox!

Still crossing my fingers that you all get your Bahamas cards....the official Bahamas website said postcards can take 2 weeks...so we haven't given up hope yet.

Got Rivkeh's address, so I'll PM it out to all of you later today, and get a hardcopy of the full list in the mail to Rivkeh
Old 07-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #237
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I would like to play... if it isn't too late that is...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #238
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

Never too late to join....
Sunshyne & I still have a trip to Mount Rushmore planned for nxt weekend.
We are loving sending them about as much as receiving them.

We get back home in a few hrs....can't wait check mail
Old 07-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #239
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

It's odd the places you find postcards...
I went out to a movie Saturday evening, and there were these cards on the counter about the movie. I remarked to my companion that they would make good postcards. I flipped the card over, and sure enough, it WAS a postcard. So, I stuffed several in my purse...here comes another batch!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #240
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Bahama cards in my mailbox today....yay!!!

Also, 3 cards from the Smokey Mtns and I just loved them

Lastly a Diva card from Sedona and she's not coming home, lol

Ya'll put a BIG smile on my face, thanks

Not sure when I'll be able to send another round, but I promise I will

Have 3 cards to send out to our last 3 added addys, just have to get to post office

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: