Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I totally get how you feel.....now....I don't smoke anymore, so it irritates me now when people are smoking in public spaces. I was just telling a close femme friend recently, that I'm probably going to be an very cranky ex-smoker. I don't like it either and I wish I had corrected my coping behaviors sooner.

Smoking will kill you. Cigarettes are NOT your "friend."

<<<<<<<~~ Likes it that I don't smoke cigarettes anymore
Likes that you specified cigarettes.... .
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2017, 07:57 PM   #702
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

When I go shopping and I want a specific item & name brand, I won't buy anything else if they don't have it! I'll never substituent , I've learned it's never the same and I'd end up disappointed!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2017, 12:51 AM   #703
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

When a TV network airs a season or two (or more) of a really great show then cancels it.
Examples: Off the Map, Army Wives, The Bridge, and some others I can picture but can't think to name.
Am worried that's happened to Code Black.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2017, 05:36 AM   #704
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

when people offer unsolicited advice.

There are times when we ask for suggestions, but why do some people feel a need to offer their advice, aka "give direction" when no one is asking for it?

i find this completely irritating and exhausting. i don’t want to have to battle someone about what they think i should be doing, when i didn’t ask for them to fix something that isn’t broken.

The point of the conversation gets lost because the person is really only interested in advising.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2017, 06:49 AM   #705
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
When a TV network airs a season or two (or more) of a really great show then cancels it.
Examples: Off the Map, Army Wives, The Bridge, and some others I can picture but can't think to name.

I've been wondering about Code Black as well.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2017, 08:54 AM   #706
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
I remember when the bastards took a highly rated show with Gena Davis as a female president off! No warning, no reason given, it was just GONE!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #707
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

SooOoOOoooo, I just got home from picking up my new eye glasses. I like them a lot. But whatever happened to being able to see after you get your new glasses??? LMAO (or not), as my taxi driver took me home, I wore them and could only see the trees purrfectly. Big street signs, I could see. Regular street signs, yanno-- the name of the street posted at street corners, I could not see them. I was like..... *wtf!?!?!*

Apparently it takes two weeks for my eyes to get accustomed to the new lens prescription, but still (!), what the heck?!?!?!!

<<<<<~~ still "blind" for a couple of weeks yet, I guess

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 11-11-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: auto spell typo errors ..... arrrgh!!!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #708
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I hate hate hate it when anyone else sings John & Yoko's Happy Christmas War Is Over!
Old 11-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #709
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
When I go shopping and I want a specific item & name brand, I won't buy anything else if they don't have it! I'll never substituent , I've learned it's never the same and I'd end up disappointed!
I am this way as well. I am pretty loyal to certain brands and items and the few times that I have purchased another brand I have been greatly disappointed. Now, I just stick to what I like and know works best for me which saves time, energy and disappointment in the long run so I can focus my energy on other more pressing matters.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #710
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

The office kitchen. I'm peeving all over the place .
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2017, 12:36 PM   #711
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

That whenever a new hire (office manager, coach, etc etc) comes in and makes changes right off the bat! They don't even let their feet get wet before they are changing this and that! I swear sometimes I think their egos overrule their brains!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #712
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

people at work throwing the recyclables in the trash when there are three recycle bins right next to the trash!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #713
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Getting a soiled menu at a restaurant!

If they can't keep the menus clean, are they keeping the other parts clean.....
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 01:00 PM   #714
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
The office kitchen. I'm peeving all over the place .
Yes!

Greasy fingerprints on top of the paper towel roll.

Leaving a half sheet of paper towel on the roll without replacing it.

Leaving 2 tablespoons of coffee in the pot first thing in the morning so that the next person to arrive has to make the next pot.

We also keep a scoop by the ice bucket to avoid people reaching their hands into the bucket for ice. Just last week I walked in to see a coworker using the scoop AND her unwashed hands to get ice out of the bucket at the same time. Eww. I don’t use the ice because I’ve long suspected such.

The list goes on...
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 01:31 PM   #715
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

When people spell my name with an "a' instead of a "i".........
Old 12-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #716
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
Yes!

Greasy fingerprints on top of the paper towel roll.

Leaving a half sheet of paper towel on the roll without replacing it.

Leaving 2 tablespoons of coffee in the pot first thing in the morning so that the next person to arrive has to make the next pot.

We also keep a scoop by the ice bucket to avoid people reaching their hands into the bucket for ice. Just last week I walked in to see a coworker using the scoop AND her unwashed hands to get ice out of the bucket at the same time. Eww. I don’t use the ice because I’ve long suspected such.

The list goes on...
Hang a sign w/ instructions on HOW TO BE CLEAN then a picture of a PIG lol
Old 12-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #717
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
H O M O E

Where is the 'a' supposed to be?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:20 PM   #718
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sorry but I was surprised that it's spelled that way too. Look at it like this; you are unique! People get my legal name screwed up all the time, too.

As for myself, in relation to dee's crumbs, we have a smoker's receptacle on the sidewalk. I can't COUNT the number of times I will find cigarette butts on the ground, less than 5 feet away from it. They must have been in some difficulty in order to not be able to walk those 5 feet over.

Must be bad lungs because of all that smoking.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #719
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
Hang a sign w/ instructions on HOW TO BE CLEAN then a picture of a PIG lol
People that are piggies either don't care or would not recognize themselves as such, picture or no picture.

It is a no-win.

Re: the ice. I used to bring my own bag of ice to work. I would put the bag inside another bag, put my name on it and tie it in a bow first and then use a twist tie.

Yes, I am just that OCD (in case you hadn't figured that out by now).

Every damn day, people would open it up and take ice anyway.

They would leave the bag open with the twist tie on the freezer shelf. At least I was warned.

Oh, I used to work in a place that had a cute little sign over the sink that said: "Your mother does not work here, please clean up after yourself and do your dishes".

By the end of the day, the sink would be full of dirty dishes.

The staff? RN's and licensed clinical social workers, both females and males (no stereotypes intended).

We could never catch the culprits.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2017, 02:45 PM   #720
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femmewench View Post
H O M O E

Where is the 'a' supposed to be?
C A N D I C E.............
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
pet peeve