Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #6321
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I got my package today, too! Honestly, I'm a little overwhelmed. I will have to meditate on these objects and hope for some inspiration to come by.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #6322
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I got my package today, too! Honestly, I'm a little overwhelmed. I will have to meditate on these objects and hope for some inspiration to come by.
You are reading my mind, lol. I have been sick with an upper respiratory infection and so I worked on them all day today. Then I was writing up my process, and my first paragraph was:

"When I first received everything and laid it all out, I felt super nervous. I remember I had that same feeling when Amiyesiam did this project way back! It is scary not to be in control and easy to feel overwhelmed! There are new textures and objects that I am not used to working with, so I think, “Should I have signed up for this!”

Rest assured: It gets better and ends up actually being a ton of fun!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #6323
purepisces

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Just a girl in love with the world

Thanked 1,607 Times in 491 Posts
purepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputationpurepisces Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
You are reading my mind, lol. I have been sick with an upper respiratory infection and so I worked on them all day today. Then I was writing up my process, and my first paragraph was:

"When I first received everything and laid it all out, I felt super nervous. I remember I had that same feeling when Amiyesiam did this project way back! It is scary not to be in control and easy to feel overwhelmed! There are new textures and objects that I am not used to working with, so I think, “Should I have signed up for this!”

Oh, I'm so jealous! I still think about Amiyesiam's project as one of my all time favorites. I'm sure that Gemme's supplies are equally intriguing. It's so interesting to see how everyone uses the same supplies in such different ways.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:08 AM   #6324
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Quote:

You all should have seen the floor of my living room when I was putting it all together.

Madness!!!

You both have good ideas here. What I did with ami's project was to lay everything out in front of me and to group like things together, whatever my version of 'like' was....color, 'type' of supply, stuff I already use/am familiar with versus the non-familiar, etc.

That brought it down from a smorgasbord buffet to plate sized portions, so to speak, and I was able to see more clearly what items I would be using versus what I would not.

Remember, you don't have to use everything. Only 25% of each of your pieces need to be from these supplies. More is fine, of course, but not less. You can do any sized pieces as long as it's no larger than 5x7. If you choose to use one of the papers as the background, that's a big portion of the piece already.

The important thing is not to overthink things and to try to look at things in new ways. You have some items that you only have one of and, if you make identical pieces, that would be hard to do so you have to think about how to replicate that piece. You could make copies of it with a printer/scanner or use the first item as a template for the other pieces and color it in the same. Some items I sent out were not designed to make it into the final pieces but to be used as tools to help you with techniques and to give you ideas. Some things will wind up on the cutting floor and that's okay. Not everything will work and that's okay.

I want you to think but no so much that your brain hurts. Go with whatever attracts you and have fun. This is an awesome group of participants and I know this is going to be crazy creative in the end.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #6325
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Good to see you Purepisces!

Totally Halloween Jen!

I am going to work soon. I have 7 zip lock bags and Gemmes bag of goodies. I am going to divide stuff up how I think/want them to go together and put stuff in the 7 bags. This is step one. Step two comes later. Maybe step two will be assign each bag a name!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #6326
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Bumping this list for us all

Quote:

1. Gemme
2. Breathless
3. Soft*Silver
4. nycfem / Jennifer
5. Cara
6. Lyte
7. amiyesiam
8. GeorgiaMa'am

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2017, 08:10 PM   #6327
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

All up to date!

Quote:
Hi, one of my pieces is going to be a necklace. If you would want the necklace please put a "thanks" on this post. If you would prefer not to receive the necklace, then simply DO NOT put a "thanks" on this post.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #6328
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I have some ideas in mind- still waiting for the package to arrive, hopefully tomorrow! I just want to get started I'm too excited!!
Old 05-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #6329
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
I have some ideas in mind- still waiting for the package to arrive, hopefully tomorrow! I just want to get started I'm too excited!!
You should have them very soon. I can track it to make sure it's not stuck at customs.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 08:00 PM   #6330
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Just got a package today! Wow...this is a smorgasbord of crafty bits! Iol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #6331
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I say... surprise me.

Quote:
Hello, pardon my multiple posts. I just would like to designate as best I can given the variety of themes I'm doing for this project. Please feel free to put "thanks" on every topic I list that you would be open to receiving. For this post it is Halloween sooooo:

One of my pieces is going to be Halloween themed. If you would be open to receiving this piece please put a "thanks" on this post. If you would prefer not to receive this piece, then simply DO NOT put a "thanks" on this post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #6332
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I did too... had to hide the package immediately! My cats did the same thing... ooooo'ed and awwww'ed all over the bits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
I received my package today! I had to quickly hide it tho, for the grand child was here and she was ooooo and aawwwwing over the stuff just like I was...and I didnt want to share! LOL

I am going to go thru it tonight!
Old 05-23-2017, 12:06 AM   #6333
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

It sounds like you all are having a great time with this, wishing I had had the bandwidth to participate in this because it sounds fun.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 02:56 PM   #6334
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I just received my twinchies project.. and wow.. I think this is my favourite thus far.. so much colour and creativity from everyone!! I love it .. and think this is going to end up framed in my art room!! Thank you everyone!
Gemme, still havent receive the envelope, would you mind tracking it please, I can handle receiving it last minute but I would need to plan for it: ie actually take a much needed night off work. Just trying to balance with moving at the same time. So please let me know.. thanks!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #6335
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I just received my twinchies project.. and wow.. I think this is my favourite thus far.. so much colour and creativity from everyone!! I love it .. and think this is going to end up framed in my art room!! Thank you everyone!
Gemme, still havent receive the envelope, would you mind tracking it please, I can handle receiving it last minute but I would need to plan for it: ie actually take a much needed night off work. Just trying to balance with moving at the same time. So please let me know.. thanks!
I can only track it to the Canadian border. Once it crosses over, I lose it. This is what I found.

"Your item was processed through a facility in CANADA on May 18, 2017 at 9:42 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. "

It sounds like it's on your side, so that's as far as I can track but it should be soon now!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #6336
Wiccanfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Wiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I apologize for not seeing the message in time to send my address for the craft project. I was really looking forward to it but I came down with pneumonia and I was not in any condition to be online or even out of bed. Now that I have gone through a round of antibiotics I am finally starting to feel a little more like myself. I feel awful for missing out though and I have to admit my feelings are hurt that everyone thought the worst of me It was not intentional at all.
Wiccanfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wiccanfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #6337
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiccanfemme View Post
I apologize for not seeing the message in time to send my address for the craft project. I was really looking forward to it but I came down with pneumonia and I was not in any condition to be online or even out of bed. Now that I have gone through a round of antibiotics I am finally starting to feel a little more like myself. I feel awful for missing out though and I have to admit my feelings are hurt that everyone thought the worst of me It was not intentional at all.
I understand feeling sick and not being up to par. Unfortunately, after years of doing these projects, we had to come up with a set of rules to keep things moving smoothly and to be as fair as possible. Everyone that signs up is held to the same time frames and standards.

Per the rules posted, you will be able to participate in future projects, but not until November. I do hope that you'll sign up again. I'd love to see what you come up with.

I'm glad you are feeling better now.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #6338
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation
Default 3 down 4 to go

I spent the afternoon crafting and now have three of the seven projects complete. Yahoo! An added challenge was the fact I can't find any of my adhesive tape or glue except glue stick. When I'm next out and about, I'll stop at a craft store and pick some better adhesive stuff up.

❤️ & 🎨

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #6339
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I ventured to Hobby Lobby today... not my usual stomping grounds... looking for ideas. Fair warning y'all I have never decoupaged in my life! Hmm! Iol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I spent the afternoon crafting and now have three of the seven projects complete. Yahoo! An added challenge was the fact I can't find any of my adhesive tape or glue except glue stick. When I'm next out and about, I'll stop at a craft store and pick some better adhesive stuff up.

❤️ & 🎨
Old 05-28-2017, 08:18 AM   #6340
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I got notice that the package was delivered on the 26th so I hope you're happily crafting now.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types