Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 11-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #241
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I was in Napa last year at this time. I did some Christmas shopping. It isn't a tiny town now, I agree. I don't think the fires caught in the town though. They did in Santa Rosa, though, which while not picturesque, was a favorite place to go. The Russian River brewery, especially. I haven't even looked it up. I am grateful that Forestville and Guerneville were spared. And Sebastepol.
Jeff told our family that one of his properties took an major beating by the fires...he has two vineyards; one of them is up in the hills near the Santa Rosa area? Yes, it's been a long time since I've been down there... but during the 60s, early 70s his dad, my dad's youngest brother, we'd go visit them when it was just a sleepy community in the mountains. I hope your favorite places were spared too, Martina! It's beautiful down there!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 10:14 AM   #242
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I've travelled just about anywhere on this planet: Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, New Zealand, parts of Africa, Middle East, but honestly , nothing i've seen and enjoyed makes me want to move from Canada.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #243
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Right at this very moment, my slice of heaven is a shower of autumn leaves.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #244
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Right at this very moment, my slice of heaven is a shower of autumn leaves.
That's so sweet! I imagine that living in the desert of southern California didn't give you much of a chance to see fall foliage. I'm so happy that you're on the road, traveling with your spouse Kasey!

_____ ______
Old 11-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #245
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

I love the countryside in these isles I was born in, particularly areas of rolling hills where you're never sure what might be around that corner or over that next ridge. I love the changing of the seasons, and am sad that snow is now so rare here, as I loved the contrast between the countryside draped with snow and how it looked in other seasons, sun-pillars peeking between cumulous on a stormy summer day, or a light spring breeze swishing through new foliage as lambs gambol in the fields.

I know that many, if not most other parts of the world have their own beauty and are doubtless loved by their inhabitatnts, too, but I have seen little of the rest of the world. I find the land of my birth beautiful enough that I would be content even if I never left its shores ever again. Truly, I feel deity smiled upon this land, even if many of its inhabitants don't seem to appreciate it (and even if I am often deeply frustrated by the activities of some of my fellow citizens). May you all find where you live so beautiful.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #246
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My slice of heaven is. Being at work, being assigned a project that is challenging. Tinkering around, and trouble shooting it. Until I get it running again. It’s a gratifying feeling to know that if it’s broken. I can fix it.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2017, 08:46 PM   #247
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

On a really warm summer day.....floating on my back in the pool, watching clouds float through the sky, and basking in the sunshine.....that's my slice of heaven

_____ ______
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #248
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

at night. On a cool summer/fall night. A bon fire, complete silence, and the stars. I wouldn't even mind if someone was there sharing it with me, as long as they can appreciate the nature too
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #249
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

ultimately..back home on Maui
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #250
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
ultimately..back home on Maui
"Ultimately", take me with you, kittygirl. I've never been there but I figure that with you as a local guide, I'd absolutely love it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #251
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Slice of Heaven

My little ranch. I have lived here 13 years and I love every moment here. I have so many memories of family parties, bike rides, working the land, mowing, and time spent with the wildlife that live here with me on this land.

I only want to live here for as long as possible.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #252
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Here, where I live in the woods is NW Pennsylvania. During the summer there is a lot of hub-bub as this area is known for the forestry, camping, canoeing, fishing, hunting and so on for the mostly city dwellers we call "mupheres" as they come when the weather breaks. Its not really bothersome as they bring life and busyness with them, thinking they need all the comforts and running about to get them. Us locals tend to stay put on weekends or use the back roads!

The forest is really thick here, and in my heart there are no trees as beautiful as what we have around here in Cook Forest. Though all places are unique, this one has captured me even having been raised a city girl! In all that is good here, the natural life around me in the plants and trees, wildflowers, wild animals, seeing a momma turkey and her chicks, all six of them.....only to see them 3 weeks later all still alive and peeping at momma who crossed the road wanting them to follow. Then there was the 4 baby raccoons who lost their momma and hung around here for a few weeks then moved on. When I pass the cemetery just past the church is a stretch of road that I often see foxes running across to the other side, lately its been baby foxes. I am convinced they have found caves or something to burrow in during the winters here. Baby deer with their spots on their coats and running fast to keep up with mom or dad. Bunnies, groundhogs, owls and the bears scampering about breaking tree limbs or rummaging thru garbage cans. The wildflowers add to the beauty of it all with the colors and scents they send out. I feel closer to the sky here, the heavens as i refer to. The blue is so blue and those clouds seem so close, so beautiful. the night sky is unaffected by any light as it is pitch black at night here which makes for a beautiful view when looking skyward and all those stars so bright! When the moon is at half or more the lands light up enough that you can see where you are walking. My kitchen has 4 windows, one of them is wide and when the moon is full it lights up my whole kitchen!

If I have to pick a downfall, or a negative for me being here.....it is the extreme limit of encounters with other lesbians. That part surely is lonely!

But there is so much beyond that, and I can't say I would change any of this. My slice of heaven! It is cozy, I have everything I need and some of what I want. My place is clean, and well taken care of. I had an addition to the kitchen built this past winter/early spring along with siding, gutters, soffit and fascia around the whole house. I think my favorite part is the stream on my property just beside my house that runs heavy until July, then trickles and gets heavy again in October thru to the end of June. When I open my bedroom window on that same side of the house its like I am sleeping right there by the stream. It lulls me to sleep. Even in the winter, I will open my window for a bit... the rushing sound is soothing, and the air is cold....when I crawl under the covers and get warm.....I am out so fast sleeping soundly.

Winters here are brutally beautiful. Even the fall prior to winter is such a delight to see. Once the cold hits, and the snow falls......its breathtakingly beautiful. To see the snow lay on the tree branches, or the ice clinging to them making them all glisten. A winter wonderland when born overnight is such a spiritual sight to wake up to. The snow on the ground where the only life moving about is wild and leaving tracks to be seen. There is something good to be said for the virgin snow fall even while it is still falling, in big flakes that you can actually track to its landing spot! The crunch of the snow, and that strong desire to touch it, make a snow ball....or to just move the snow with your hand from a porch railing feeling the icy coldness on my warm skin.

I hope you all have a slice of heaven that is yours, even if just in heart ...mind....and spirit!
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #253
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default North Padre Island, Texas

Old 12-03-2019, 12:41 AM   #254
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Crater Lake National Park

It's so dark at night that the night skies are lit by zillions of stars... it's breath-takingly beautiful. The air is crisply fragrant from forest pines and when it snows, it snows deeply. Sometimes the roads that lead to Crater Lake are closed due to heavy snow conditions, during winter months.

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2019, 04:52 AM   #255
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Heaven

My father use to call our home "Gods back yard". The beauty and serenity of my birthplace Newfoundland Canada is all the heaven I could ever need. Fresh clean air, humidity is rare, surrounded by the Atlantic ocean , fresh seafood abound. Mountains, forests, ocean, rivers and peace and quiet is all one could ask for.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #256
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

The Blue Hour is always on my "Slice of Heaven" list. I love it when I've been driving home and while crossing the river, on one of many bridges we have in town, it always mesmerizes me, how the Blue Hour envelopes the city skyline and how the lights begin to meld into the last drops of the day.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2020, 11:52 PM   #257
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default joy~

crackling fire ..
coffee ..
quilt on my lap ...
while watching kittens play & play
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:55 PM   #258
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Sometimes, my little slice of heaven is right here at home. There's no city light pollution. You can see the stars and the moon, with clarity of vision. I love it on chilly evenings, too, because in the fields nearby, big flocks of geese often drift by to graze upon the fields of grass. Hundreds upon hundreds of them. And when they take off into the sky, singing like only geese can do, it brings peace to my mind. It makes me think of peaceful things like Mary Oliver's beautiful poem: Wild Geese.

Wild Geese

You do not have to be good.

You do not have to walk on your knees for an hundred miles through the desert repenting.

You only have to let the animal of your body love what it loves.

Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you about mine.

Meanwhile, the world goes on.

Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain are moving across the landscapes, over the prairies and the deep trees, the mountains and rivers.

Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clear blue air, are heading home again.

Whoever you are, no matter how lonely, the world offers itself to your imagination, calls to you like wild geese, harsh and exciting, over and over, announcing your place in things.

by Mary Oliver

In, Dreamwork
(Atlanta Monthly Press, 1986).

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #259
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Sometimes I find myself creating a tiny slice of heaven when I create art projects for myself or to share with those who are near and dear to my heart.

That is my peaceful place, creating art.

I found this tonight and I've always been inspired by Paul Foreman's Mind Mapping art. I think I will do this, make a mind map for a few people I know here at home. And, of course, make one for me too.

_____ ______
Old 10-29-2020, 07:44 AM   #260
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Hustle and Bustle of city sidewalks.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote