Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mayhem

I so hesitate to post this.

It is a look into that little bit of a dark soul that I possess.

I don't care for romantic movies, am not much for animation (though I love that you do Gemme) and for drama, I prefer British films.

That said (in my defense) I love offbeat, kind of crazy but very clever, well-written and humorous films. Must be a very good action or horror film.

I do not like the routine slasher films at all and will never see one. Women are always the victims and it is too much like real life for me.

Mayhem is not a zombie movie. The employees at this firm do become infected with a virus that causes them to give full rein to all of their id impulses.

It lasts 8-hours until the antidote kicks in.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #3142
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

It was adorable fluff, like cotton candy.

DC puts up with me and my love of animated films. Also, Our boy, Loki, enjoys animated movies as well.
My BFF'S three little grandson's love animated movies of all types. My son's did too, as well as myself. Whenever she's babysitting her grandson's, she puts on movies or TV shows just for them. Their favorite TV animated cartoon show is Paw Patrol . .... which is just adorable!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #3143
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Wind River (Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen). I was really wowed by this movie. Beautiful cinematography of the vast, snowy landscape of Wyoming. There were a lot of emotional moments that I truly didn't expect. I love Jeremy Renner as an actor; there were a few other standouts as well.

Warning: some scenes include violence and sexual violence.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #3144
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Wind River (Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth Olsen). I was really wowed by this movie. Beautiful cinematography of the vast, snowy landscape of Wyoming. There were a lot of emotional moments that I truly didn't expect. I love Jeremy Renner as an actor; there were a few other standouts as well.

I am glad to read this. The trailer looked like it was an excellent movie. I also appreciate the violence alerts.

Thank you!

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

Old 11-13-2017, 05:13 AM   #3145
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post

I so hesitate to post this.

It is a look into that little bit of a dark soul that I possess.

I don't care for romantic movies, am not much for animation (though I love that you do Gemme) and for drama, I prefer British films.

That said (in my defense) I love offbeat, kind of crazy but very clever, well-written and humorous films. Must be a very good action or horror film.

I do not like the routine slasher films at all and will never see one. Women are always the victims and it is too much like real life for me.

Mayhem is not a zombie movie. The employees at this firm do become infected with a virus that causes them to give full rein to all of their id impulses.

It lasts 8-hours until the antidote kicks in.

This sounds like something I might like (except the weird eye thing). It also reminds me of The Belko Experiment. Not exactly, but it's a movie about a building of coworkers who resort to the most basic of instincts: survival. Yours looks a bit more humorous though.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #3146
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Atomic Blonde

I that think they should make more movies like this. Turn James Bond into a Jane Bond.

I am pretty sure that the purists would freak but Charlize Theron (be still my heart ) is pretty amazing! She is a terrific actress in all of her films.

I know the hand-to-hand combat scenes are choreographed but oh, that woman can move and look so hot at the same time!

Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it 77% but I would give it an 88%. She is not in every scene.

~Washington Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2017, 12:36 PM   #3147
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Wind River

I watched this today. It is a pretty powerful movie.

Did you know that missing persons statistics are compiled for every other demographic in this country, none exist for Native American women?

No one knows how many are missing or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Wind River (Jeremy Renner, Elizabeth
Olsen). I was really wowed by this movie. Beautiful cinematography of the vast, snowy landscape of Wyoming. There were a lot of emotional moments that I truly didn't expect. I love Jeremy Renner as an actor; there were a few other standouts as well.

~Washington Post

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #3148
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Wind River

~Washington Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #3149
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Between now and Sunday, over the holiday weekend, I plan to see: The Man Who Invented Christmas, The Post, and Molly's Game. Possibly another Tom Hanks movie, I hope

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #3150
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Between now and Sunday, over the holiday weekend, I plan to see: The Man Who Invented Christmas, The Post, and Molly's Game. Possibly another Tom Hanks movie, I hope
Those all look like good movies Miss Katz

I posted a trailer for a documentary called California Typewriters, boy it looks interesting!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #3151
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i finally got my Firestick working! (love geek mode)

i watched The Cheyenne Social Club with Shirley Jones, Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart.

How had i never seen this?

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 06:02 PM   #3152
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Beach Rats

This is a very good film.

It is the film debut of Harris Dickinson, who plays a kid from Brooklyn struggling with his sexuality.

You would never know he was actually from east London.

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 11:53 PM   #3153
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Paddington 2 & Daddy's home 2

Hi everyone
Firstly Paddington, what can I say about this movie. I think it's even better than the first one, and there's not many sequels you can that about.
This is a gem of a film, absolutely loved it.
And one for sure to get on dvd if you are not into going to the cinema.
I found myself smiling about bits of this film later in the week.
A must see.

Now for Daddy's Home 2
I liked this film, fun and silly as you would expect. It does its job in entertaining the audience.

For me Paddington is by far the best film out of these two.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 01:02 AM   #3154
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Thor & Justice League tonight...

Thor - had more humorous elements like they took a page from Guardians script. I mean, devil’s anus, seriously. I’d love to see the outtake reel from that scene.

Justice League - some really lovely cinematography, but too many disconnected pieces and lack of development to make it wholly entertaining. Thank goodness this one was free or I’d feel as though I’d wasted money.

I love going to see these type of movies with my daughter, because we totally geek out over the same things. 😊 🤓
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 02:26 AM   #3155
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

Grumpy Old Men

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 10:17 AM   #3156
EnchantedNightDweller

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she
Relationship Status:
Being single is a good thing and I like it.

Thanked 2,462 Times in 803 Posts
EnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST ReputationEnchantedNightDweller Has the BEST Reputation

EnchantedNightDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnchantedNightDweller For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 10:25 AM   #3157
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedNightDweller View Post
I seen this was on TMC last night but I by passed it and went straight to The Family Stone..............
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2017, 03:14 PM   #3158
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Loving Vincent.

OMG this movie. OMG!

It’s different and amazing! i am a huge lover of all things Van Gogh....What a labor of love this must have been to create! .

"Loving Vincent.”........

The story is well known - a matter of history. Vincent painted the portrait of Joseph Roulin, Postmaster of Arles. The film tells us the story of Vincent's life and last months before his death on 29 July, 1890 (aged 37) from a self-inflicted gun-shot wound, via the device of the postmaster's son being sent on a mission to deliver a letter from Vincent to his brother, which has been returned.

Technically the film "Loving Vincent" is a wonder of animation. One hundred artists in two countries, (Poland and Greece) working in Vincent's own style contributed full colour paintings for "the present" and black and white paintings for "the past" as the story is being told by the people who knew Vincent.

The film is made up of 853 'shots', and each one began with a first frame of a full painting on canvas board. As the animation photography was done in 12 frames per second, the first painting, would then be photographed, then painted over, with each gradual change to certain details or all of it, until the last frame of the shot. (This is in place of the use of animation cels, which could not be applied in this style of work.) At the end of the 'shot' the film-makers were left with an oil-painting on canvas board, of the last frame. So at the end of filming 853 paintings remained, and 200 are being auctioned off, and many have already sold, (as can be seen from the films own website) although at the time of writing the film has not yet premiered in the USA. The size of the works was usually 67cm by 49cm. Bear in mind that for one hour of film, 43,200 paintings were required, and you will begin to see the extraordinary ambition of this project. Additionally 90 design paintings were created in the planning stages during the year before shooting started. The purpose of these was to define the style in which the artists would all re-create Vincent's style of painting and make it move, live and breathe. 65,000 painted frames in oils were made for the whole film. The story moves along briskly and is full of wonderful characters (the people in Vincent's life). The dialogue of the characters is full of expression, as are the faces, and the characters have been created to really "live" for us. This was done by casting well known and excellent actors in the main roles, and filming them in live-action, then using those 'normal' cinematic images for a basis of the key paintings for each 'shot'. As the film went on, I recognized (from other films) certain of the painted faces of the real actors, who are also giving voice to the painted characters on the soundtrack. This type of animation has never been done before, and as it took seven years to make the film, it might never be done again. The ingenious planning of how to actually do it is brilliant and has been a great success.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 01:28 AM   #3159
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

Prison a corean movie i swear violent and nice ^^
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:07 AM   #3160
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I forgot we.saw Daddy's Home 2. It.was funny. It.was also our first time going to a movie together.

Tonight we are going to see Justice League. I couldn't be more excited about that if I tried.

Tags
film, movie