Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 11-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #21
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Lynn, here is a helpful chart of birthstones from different schools of thought.

http://www.jewelrymall.com/birthstones.html

I keep a piece of peridot in my wallet. It's said that it will keep money close to you. I also carry rose quartz on me to give to people.

Careful with the jet. It is an absorber of negativity. You can get other people's unhappiness. I don't let folks handle my jet for that reason. They don't need my grief!

Ryan! I do wash most of my rocks--just not the halite. I don't think that a polished stone has an edge (hee) over a natural stone. I use them alike! So sad about that stone from your grandfather, but I guess someone else needed it more! P.S. I hear Gemme keeps rocks in her bra in case you still want to lick rocks.

Gryph, darlin', welcome! Come in and share whatever you feel moved to share. I am all ears.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #22
Gryph

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful girl

Gryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST ReputationGryph Has the BEST Reputation

Yep, Arwen. I passed on a beautiful piece of Green Jasper that I found to a gal that I knew through some of the sweats I was in, in MN. I found the stone on Harriet Island at a Women of Nations gathering.

"The three things that bring the most balance into my life, Will, Intent and Purpose. With out these there is no honor." - Storm Cloud Woman
Gryph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #23
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Since Ryan asked about cleaning stones, I thought I'd post my short article on this.

CHARGING AND CLEANSING STONES
Some you can clean in salt water and some will DISSOLVE in water! Not even salt water, just water! Selenite is one and Halite is another that do not like water. There are plenty of other cleansing methods though. The following four are *not* ones I have made up all by myself. They are ways that I have tried myself though.

Methods of Cleansing a Crystal
1. Sunlight: Place the tired or full crystal in a place where it can receive a full dose of sun for a few hours. If it still "feels" bad, then leave it there for a full three days thus allowing it to soak in the lunar and solar energies.

2. Moonlight: Place the crystal where it can receive the light of the full
moon for a night.

3. Smudging: Pass the crystal through the smoke of burning herbs. Some
popular herb combinations are A) sage, sweetgrass and cedar; B) frankincense and myrrh; C) sage alone. Again, go with your intuition.

4. Earth: Bury the crystal in the earth. Sometimes, when the crystal is
through with you, burying it in the earth is a way of releasing it.(NOTE: Mark where you buried it or you will be like me and that winter squirrel digging up holes everywhere trying to find that last darn rock!)

Methods of Charging a Crystal

Once your crystal is clean, then you may want to charge it for a specific purpose. You can also just allow the crystal to be and enjoy it as it is. It is up to you.

1. Holding the crystal in your power hand, ground and center yourself. Once you are settled, begin to pull energy up from the earth. Feel it pour into your body. Consciously channel this energy into your stone while thinking of your purpose. It is important to remain focused on your intent. For instance, if working a justice spell, you don't want to think about cleaning the cat's teeth. *smile*

2. Smudging the crystal while focusing on the smoke imbuing the crystal with energy for your work.
You can see that the whole point here is focusing yourself. Do remember that a crystal is no more than a tool just like your athame, bolline, wand, robe, etc. You do not need props to work magic. Personally I prefer props because I am a bit lazy at times and it helps me get into that right frame of mind.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #24
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

Ryan! I do wash most of my rocks--just not the halite. I don't think that a polished stone has an edge (hee) over a natural stone. I use them alike! So sad about that stone from your grandfather, but I guess someone else needed it more! P.S. I hear Gemme keeps rocks in her bra in case you still want to lick rocks.

Woman!!!

I do NOT keep rocks in my bra. They're in my britches.

I like rocks, though I have NO idea what is what and what the whats are good for. I don't know names, unless they have a neat little information card with them, except for arrow heads. Those are easy for me to remember.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM   #25
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you very much, Arwen! I'll give the sun/moon thingie a try. :smile:

OK, now wait, :shocked: Gemme has rocks in her bra?!? And now she says britches too!? I found no rocks in either location. I demand a do-over!!!!

One does not need to lick rocks, so to speak. If you wet a rock it looks more like it would look polished. I choose to lick them. Yes, I would agree. Strange child turns into strange adult. :big grin:

Thanks again!

(my smilies don't wanna work. lol.)
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #26
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootboi View Post
I'm usually not one to believe in hocus pocus stuff but without question the Sedona area has a very strong metaphysical presence. You would have to be dead not to feel it while visting.
This is so true. Those mountains are speaking to EVERYONE who comes near... I wish more people were listening.

I left an offering on Bell Rock and asked for help finding my love. A week later Gryph walked into my life.

Quote:
I agree with your mama about the color being important. I know next to nothing about Ruby people. I think maybe they are the children of Indigos? bit? Do you know?
Never heard of them before. This is all I could find. http://www.theangelchanneler.com/RubyChildren.html

Quote:
What about you? Ever find the perfect rock only to realize you were supposed to give it to someone else?
For me, this happens with anything, not just stones. I used to always give away jewelry after I'd worn it a while, and I've had all kinds of things including stones need to be passed on to others. It's kind of haphazard with me... I just do it when I hear loudly enough that it's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I don't feel much affinity for my birthstone, which is peridot. I do have some pieces, but it's purely an aesthetic connection. I have wondered if there is really anything to the "Hallmark" birthstone lists.
I love, love love peridot! Much more than my stone, which is aquamarine---and I've also often wondered about those lists. The green stones call me, peridot, emerald, malachite.

Of course, tourmaline, amethyst, and azurite all call me as well... and Peacock Copper! Love that!!
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile spirit or sky

i love turquoise
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #28
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I am a fan of stones. I am also a foster parent to, well whatever wanders in apparently. Clear/Cloudy quartz are the most transient in my house. I have some pieces I use for healing work that I would not, in good conscience, give to someone else, that would just be plain cruel.

I have a fondness of plain old black river stones. Many of the Medicine Wheels that I have built are made of black river stones. I also like to use them to keep and hold space. I have a wonderful assortment of stones and gems, many of which I regret to say I do not remember the names of. One of my favorites is apophyllite. It is a great generator and will help me if I need to give another stone a quick tune up. It has also benefited me by clearing my healing stones, especially if the work I have done has been particularly heavy.

I too love peridot and it resonates much more to me than aquamarine. We must both be March babies bit. Are you a Pisces? I am a cusper so some day I am soooo Aries and other days I am Pisces. I am much easier to deal with in Pisces.

What are some of the stones others use in healing work, personal or otherwise?
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #29
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit View Post
I love, love love peridot! Much more than my stone, which is aquamarine---and I've also often wondered about those lists. The green stones call me, peridot, emerald, malachite.

Of course, tourmaline, amethyst, and azurite all call me as well... and Peacock Copper! Love that!!
There are a number of gemstones and semi-precious stones that I feel connected and drawn to and they are usually NOT my birthstone, the emerald. In fact, most of the genuine emeralds I see look fake to me. Maybe it's because they are fabricated but that shade of green just does not look normal.

I love, love, love sapphires. I have other stones that I lean toward but the dark, deep sapphires, they call me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

A favorite stone of mine is the aventurine. I have ...somewhere... a piece of blue aventurine with a small window of quartz.

I need to get to a fish store so I can stock up on raw rose quartz. It's one of the cheapest places I've found it.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #31
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
I too love peridot and it resonates much more to me than aquamarine. We must both be March babies bit. Are you a Pisces? I am a cusper so some day I am soooo Aries and other days I am Pisces. I am much easier to deal with in Pisces.
{{{{{{{{{{{Foxy}}}}}}}}}} Oh so good to talk with you again! yes, darlin, March 12--totally a dreamer and a Water Priestess.

Come to think of it, the color this post is in will look much closer to peridot than teal on my screen--I must REALLY love that stone, lol....
Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

<<<<<BIT>>>> Mar 12... oohhh so were you born in a "three" year too??? That would explain some of your empathic abilities.

I am glad we are both here to chat away...

So, Miss Water Priestess do you also make and use moon water?? Arwen are there some stones you think would go better with magical water than others?

Gotta go, I have a mountain of work and fire dragons breathing down my neck. Which is kinda nice cause my office is pretty cold... but the sulpher smell is worse than a
Old 11-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #33
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Hello FoxyShaman.

To your question about magical waters, I think any--well nearly--stone can be used. There are ones that would dissolve and there are others that would poison so I would be cautious about which ones I used.

Personally I like to do healing waters in the appropriately colored bottle as well. It's been another lifetime since I've made healing waters or hung herbs or made tinctures. I think it's time to get back to that part of myself.

I used to make a decent catnip tincture. Would deal with a headache or menstrual cramps in a heartbeat but boy did it taste bad! LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #34
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Quote:

I am glad we are both here to chat away...

So, Miss Water Priestess do you also make and use moon water??
I'm glad too! The more, the merrier!

Moon water... do you mean charging water under the full moon? Normally what I charge under the moon is me... although it's been a long while since I was able to do so effectively, because it's been a while since I was able to empty all the way out. I guess I've always held stress and pain in my body--not just mine, everyone's--and without being able to drain it all away, I can't take in as much moon energy as I used to. Gonna have to fix that.

I think one reason I love Wichita is that I live within the influence of two big rivers, plus numerous canals and small creeks. The abundance of the water here soothes my soul.

The water I use in healing work is deep underground and may be a metaphor for energy--I tend to see it as water and energy both at once.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #35
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Arwen, I know some stones cannot be immersed in water. But I don't always remember which ones. What are the ones you would recommend not to use in water because of that? Please refresh this old foxes memory

Yes Bit I do mean making moon charged water. I make both full and new moon. For healing work where I take something out I ask my patients to drink full moon water. I see the rays of the moons light filling the places. New Moon water I ask the patient to drink if we have returned something. The new moon being a time of potential.

Sorry to hear that you hold other's stuff in your body. That is sad and very taxing. I do that sometimes, but I think your empathic abilities run different than mine. You seem to be more physiologically challenged by your healing abilities than I am. I feel for you. I have had to change things over the years to help me to not take on other's pain and suffering. As an example I would very often suffer sore wrists and other oddiites in my arms when working with a patient. I started to wear bracelets, and have made different ones over the years. I find that they act as a barrier between the ick coming out and what ick stays on me. I currently have a thick carnelian one and a bone and antler one. They seem to work very well for me. My wrists have not been bothered once since I started to use them.

<insert sigh> thanks for the mini vacation, going back to work now...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #36
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Bracelets... how come I never thought of that?

Truly, Foxy, I am so mentally geared in this and it's gotta be that I lived for SO LONG with people who were either uncomfortable with or downright hostile to my being Pagan. I have trouble just making the simplest gestures! and I don't use tools much anymore either... it's all mind work for me and I suspect I might be coming on time to break out of that restriction.

Maybe I need to wear a stone that's really absorbent, let it accumulate everything and then cleanse it.... hm...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #37
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Arwen, I know some stones cannot be immersed in water. But I don't always remember which ones. What are the ones you would recommend not to use in water because of that? Please refresh this old foxes memory
Selenite and Halite are the two I can think of off hand that will dissolve or so I remember. There is also one that has arsenic or is arsenic...I simply can not remember which! Sorry.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:28 PM   #38
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,734 Times in 1,250 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yes Bit I do mean making moon charged water. I make both full and new moon. For healing work where I take something out I ask my patients to drink full moon water. I see the rays of the moons light filling the places. New Moon water I ask the patient to drink if we have returned something. The new moon being a time of potential.

I started to wear bracelets, and have made different ones over the years. I find that they act as a barrier between the ick coming out and what ick stays on me. I currently have a thick carnelian one and a bone and antler one. They seem to work very well for me. My wrists have not been bothered once since I started to use them.

<insert sigh> thanks for the mini vacation, going back to work now...
Hi Foxyshaman, Awren and Bit,
I love the moon water idea, I do the same with rain water from a Thunderstorm when there is lightning involved, saving it in jars for times when more energy is needed.

I practice Medical Qi Gong and Acupuncture and we have Taoist visualizations for "pulling down the Moon" to increase yin, calm emotions, connect with the divine feminine. We channel the moon when giving treatments as well. Adding Moon water is a wonderful idea, for making yin tonic herb formulas with as well, thanks. I like that.

I use obsidian when I need to block energy. I have been known to tape it to me even, lol back of my neck, solar plexus, over my heart to block......stuff. Red silk works great as well. A silk slip can take on a whole new purpose energetically. I agree with the use of bracelets to keep patients energy from traveling up your arms. Protection is one of the first things we learn.........

Great convo, I'll be back Pashi

OH some of my favorite stones? Snowflake Obsidian, Hercimer Diamonds, Moonstones, Rubys.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #39
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:

Thanks Arwen for the info. Good thing to know about Selenite. I like it, fortunately I have never used it in moon water. Tender Mercies.

Bit, how tragic that you lived with such ignorance around you. I have had that and will never tolerate it again. And to be stymed in your expression of your spirit!! They needed hey?? I like tools, however not everyone is the same. Oh and I like sometimes they come in handy for ignorant people.

Passionaria thanks for droppin in!!! Excellent info. I admit I know almost Zero about Medical Qi Gong, so what is that? And how do you practice and how long do you have to train? I love the idea of thunderstorm water, it makes my foxy hair stand on excited end...

Snowflake Obsidian has been one of my favorites for a long time. I put stones in my bra, and then I forget them and then I take my bra off and they go across the room!! One of my favs is Chrsycolla. I like lots of gems and lots of stones too. Oh and really like amber, any amber, any color..love all of it.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:43 AM   #40
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, have to join this one as well. I love my stone!! While I tend to work more predominantly with herbs I do also keep a good selection of stones as well. I have actually found that getting out my stones and letting the kids play with them is a wonderful way of clearing the chaos from my home. They ground the kids without me even letting on that this was my intention with giving them the stones in the first place.

Tags
gemstones, healing, metaphysical, spiritual, stones