Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #61
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Out of charcoal and since i deep cleaned the stove today, it was decided i would make hamburgers in the IP.

My honey was skeptical about steamed burgers but wasn't up to cooking anything anyway so didn't have a choice.

Seasoned only with pepper. individually wrapped each burger in foil and pressure cooked on high for 10 minutes. Added a slice of Colby cheese as soon as they were done.

Juicy and tasty. Will have again. Going to add pre-cooked bits of bacon in the ground beef next time.

Anyone else tried burgers? What did you put in yours?
Sounds delish! We haven't tried burgers but I bet dee will now.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #62
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel C. View Post
Sounds delish! We haven't tried burgers but I bet dee will now.
she SURE will!!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #63
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Made Orange Chicken tonight and served over brown rice. Turned out very good.

https://sweetandsavorymeals.com/inst...range-chicken/

Next time we will cut the sugar and brown sugar by half, add more garlic, and some red pepper flakes. Also need to have a bok choy side.

Love my instant pot.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 06:15 AM   #64
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I ordered an IP from Amazon a couple days ago. The one I wanted was priced the same or higher at other places. It’s time to replace my crock pot so I got one. Will use it for eggs, soups, ribs, chicken dishes, burgers, collards. So much.

Thanks to everyone who posted—you made this an easy decision for me.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #65
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Also,

Kohls has them on sale at times for 89.99 and they always have coupons.. i got one for someone in my fam for 79.99 -free shipping
I got the IP Ultra 6 qt for $87.99 at Amazon and it’s the same at KOHLs today when using the “USAVEMORE” 20% off code.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #66
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

stuffed peppers cooked in minutes tonight thanks to InstantPot!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 07:20 PM   #67
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I got the IP Ultra 6 qt for $87.99 at Amazon and it’s the same at KOHLs today when using the “USAVEMORE” 20% off code.
Have you used it yet????
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #68
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Have you used it yet????
I did the water test and nothing else.

I’ve been watching videos on my model much of the day and am so glad I did. I’ve never had a pressure cooker and had no idea what was a silicone ring, a pressure valve, slow release .... and the videos on youtube have been so helpful.

My first dish will probably be ribs over the holidays, but I may fix something before then.

Have found some good Keto Instant Pot recipes here and am looking forward to trying out some.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 07:54 PM   #69
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
I did the water test and nothing else.

I’ve been watching videos on my model much of the day and am so glad I did. I’ve never had a pressure cooker and had no idea what was a silicone ring, a pressure valve, slow release .... and the videos on youtube have been so helpful.

My first dish will probably be ribs over the holidays, but I may fix something before then.

Have found some good Keto Instant Pot recipes here and am looking forward to trying out some.
Yes! I found youtube to be my savior while figuring it out.

I did find that I liked my ribs more in the slow cooker mode. I like them to melt off the bone. They were cooked with the pressure cook mode but i cooked them longer in slow cook to get them super tender.

Maybe try some hard boiled eggs first? what’s the worst that can happen.? And its so easy.

I use the 5-5-5 method!

https://www.onehappyhousewife.com/in...d-boiled-eggs/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 05:58 AM   #70
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Yes! I found youtube to be my savior while figuring it out.

I did find that I liked my ribs more in the slow cooker mode. I like them to melt off the bone. They were cooked with the pressure cook mode but i cooked them longer in slow cook to get them super tender.

Maybe try some hard boiled eggs first? what’s the worst that can happen.? And its so easy.

I use the 5-5-5 method!

https://www.onehappyhousewife.com/in...d-boiled-eggs/

I’m feeling more confident about this and am going to start cooking in it today. I think I’m going to make the Keto Chicken Adobo tonight with a chicken breast. One youtube reviewer said some people had problems with the sauté feature on the model I purchased and I want to test that today.

Will probably cook up some eggs, too. And maybe some apple butter if I can come up with a good recipe without a lot of sugar.

I also want to test the sterilizer setting (I read somewhere that all IPs can sterilize with or without the “setting”). I make my own body butters and it will be nice to sterilize and reuse the containers, if possible.

Excited about the slow cook feature for my cannabutter and for cooking meats. The temperature is contolable and my last crock pot just had basic heat settings.

Thanks for the tips on the ribs and slow cooking, dee. Glad you started this thread and others joined!

I think this is a good purchase for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 08:20 AM   #71
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
I’m feeling more confident about this and am going to start cooking in it today. I think I’m going to make the Keto Chicken Adobo tonight with a chicken breast. One youtube reviewer said some people had problems with the sauté feature on the model I purchased and I want to test that today.

Will probably cook up some eggs, too. And maybe some apple butter if I can come up with a good recipe without a lot of sugar.

I also want to test the sterilizer setting (I read somewhere that all IPs can sterilize with or without the “setting”). I make my own body butters and it will be nice to sterilize and reuse the containers, if possible.

Excited about the slow cook feature for my cannabutter and for cooking meats. The temperature is contolable and my last crock pot just had basic heat settings.

Thanks for the tips on the ribs and slow cooking, dee. Glad you started this thread and others joined!

I think this is a good purchase for me.

I love adobo so please let me know how it comes out!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #72
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Son has ordered InstaPot for J so I'm shopping for accessories. That adobo looks great. I've never made the red, just the white and that was a long time ago.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #73
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Son has ordered InstaPot for J so I'm shopping for accessories. That adobo looks great. I've never made the red, just the white and that was a long time ago.
Dee loves her egg rack.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #74
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

I made breast of chicken (bone in) with dried herbs and lemon.

It was overdone (operator error) but very tasty. I’d rather have food overdone than underdone, so I was able to work with this.

The sauté feature is great. I used it to quickly brown the chicken then used it again at the end to reduce the spiced broth. Very good and everything worked well.

Here is a link to a 500 Keto Instant Pot Recipe Book I got at Amazon for less than a dollar (Kindle app version). I don’t recommend it for anything other than getting ideas and inspiration. I looked at their recipe for spare ribs and didn’t like their method of having the ribs sit in the water while cooking. There aren’t any photos and the electronic book isn’t layed out well. But there are lots of ideas, food combinations, and some recipes that will work for me.

So, I’m keeping the recipe book and the IP.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #75
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I made soup in the instant pot....

I winged it from a recipe I saw on youtube.

I cut up 3 stalks of celery, twice as much carrots, a red pepper (which I wish I had skipped; it fell apart in the process) and a zucchini (ditto for that)

I added a large can of diced tomatoes with the juice and an entire carton of chicken broth. Added six turkey sausage links (hot) and let it cook for 20 minutes on steam. Should have done 30 for the meat.

Added a can of white beans and a can of kidney beans as well as some fresh spinach and fresh chopped parsley.

Topped with yummy fresh parmesan and voila!
Old 12-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #76
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Last night I made soup in the instant pot....

I winged it from a recipe I saw on youtube.

I cut up 3 stalks of celery, twice as much carrots, a red pepper (which I wish I had skipped; it fell apart in the process) and a zucchini (ditto for that)

I added a large can of diced tomatoes with the juice and an entire carton of chicken broth. Added six turkey sausage links (hot) and let it cook for 20 minutes on steam. Should have done 30 for the meat.

Added a can of white beans and a can of kidney beans as well as some fresh spinach and fresh chopped parsley.

Topped with yummy fresh parmesan and voila!
Totes forgot; added about a cup of cooked macaroni to the cooked soup. I was afraid it would get starchy if I did it with the soup.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:54 PM   #77
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Made kielbasa, cabbage, and red potatoes. Used this recipe: https://www.theferventmama.com/pressure-cooker-boiled-cabbage-and-sausage/

Recipe doesn't include red potatoes. Cut up five smallish red potatoes and added them at the same time as the cabbage and seasoning.

Used veggie broth because that is what we had and didn't add the 2 cups water. Would have been way too much liquid.

Also only added about an 1/8 tsp of cayenne and doubled the onion powder and garlic powder.

Added two minutes to the cooking time because of the potatoes but i am not certain that was necessary.

Yummmmmyyyy!!!!

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2018, 06:58 PM   #78
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Made kielbasa, cabbage, and red potatoes. Used this recipe: https://www.theferventmama.com/pressure-cooker-boiled-cabbage-and-sausage/

Recipe doesn't include red potatoes. Cut up five smallish red potatoes and added them at the same time as the cabbage and seasoning.

Used veggie broth because that is what we had and didn't add the 2 cups water. Would have been way too much liquid.

Also only added about an 1/8 tsp of cayenne and doubled the onion powder and garlic powder.

Added two minutes to the cooking time because of the potatoes but i am not certain that was necessary.

Yummmmmyyyy!!!!
Sounds awesome!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #79
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Not a good slow cooker

Seems the IP is not good as a slow cooker. I haven't tried it, but after searching "slow cooker" it in the "Customer questions & answers" section at Amazon, I'm not going to try to slow cook any roasts.

Slow cookers and crock pots emit heat from all sides. The slow cooker feature on pressure cookers only emits heat from the bottom. So you're taking a risk when you try to slow cook a roast in the IP unless it's totally covered in water.

I primarily used my slow cooker to infuse oils/butter and make beans, so the slow cooker on the IP will work for me. But beware if you want to slow cook a roast.

Gonna make chicken soup this weekend in the IP using frozen chicken.

Very happy with this product.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2019, 12:47 PM   #80
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Seems the IP is not good as a slow cooker. I haven't tried it, but after searching "slow cooker" it in the "Customer questions & answers" section at Amazon, I'm not going to try to slow cook any roasts.

Slow cookers and crock pots emit heat from all sides. The slow cooker feature on pressure cookers only emits heat from the bottom. So you're taking a risk when you try to slow cook a roast in the IP unless it's totally covered in water.

I primarily used my slow cooker to infuse oils/butter and make beans, so the slow cooker on the IP will work for me. But beware if you want to slow cook a roast.

Gonna make chicken soup this weekend in the IP using frozen chicken.

Very happy with this product.

Now that you mention frozen chicken...I have found that cooking frozen meat is much better than cooking thawed meat. I wonder what causes that?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: