How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Louisiana man whose 6-year-old son was fatally shot as he was fleeing marshals had no gun in his car.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2424300

This is horrible! This child is dead now because of the stupidity of grown men, father included.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2015, 07:06 AM   #42
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Police Union Threatens Quentin Tarantino With 'Surprise'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/police-union-quentin-tarantino-surprise_563bfddde4b0411d3070793c

Jim Pasco, executive director of the largest U.S. police union, offered the creepy statement Thursday to The Hollywood Reporter, vowing to get back at the "Pulp Fiction" director for comments decrying police brutality at a rally last month.

Cops are enraged because of what Tarantino said at a rally in Manhattan in October. "I'm a human being with a conscience," he told the crowd. "And if you believe there's murder going on then you need to rise up and stand up against it. I'm here to say I'm on the side of the murdered."

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2015, 12:02 PM   #43
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Louisiana man whose 6-year-old son was fatally shot as he was fleeing marshals had no gun in his car.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2424300

This is horrible! This child is dead now because of the stupidity of grown men, father included.
KATC Investigates: Several lawsuits pending against Marksville officers accused in death of 6-year-old

http://www.katc.com/story/30460349/katc-investigates-several-lawsuits-pending-against-officers-accused-in-shooting-death-of-6-year-old

Old 11-08-2015, 11:03 AM   #44
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

WATCH: Arizona cops assault unarmed man for pulling out his phone during profiling stop

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/watch-arizona-cops-assault-unarmed-man-for-pulling-out-his-phone-during-profiling-stop/

As Arthur Velazquez was riding his bike down the street, police claimed that he ‘fit the description’ because he was wearing a hoodie and on a bike, so they stopped him.

While he was detained, he simply pulled out his phone and called his sister out of concern that something bad was about to happen.

Police claim that they feared for their lives when Velazquez told them that he was calling his sister, so they had no other choice but the escalate the situation to violence and beat an innocent man.

“You have additional people coming to the scene, and you are in fear,” Detective Steve Berry, with the Mesa Police Department said in regards to this innocent man using the phone. “Who might be armed, and showing up to assist.”

Old 11-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #45
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Overlooking police misconduct doesn’t start with Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, life-long Wash. cop is now a murder suspect

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-police-misconduct-lt-joe-gliniewicz-article-1.2429641?cid=bitly

Now, after a lifetime in law enforcement, Aguirre who was arrested for sexually assaulting a woman in his home, could actually be a serial killer. When Aguirre was forced to submit his DNA in the 2014 rape case, it immediately became a match for a 1986 cold case murder of a sex worker in nearby Spokane.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:16 PM   #46
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

This is kind of a beside the point post. The term "serial killer" would not be appropriate in this case unless they find that he has killed more than this one woman he is accused of murdering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Overlooking police misconduct doesn’t start with Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, life-long Wash. cop is now a murder suspect

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-police-misconduct-lt-joe-gliniewicz-article-1.2429641?cid=bitly

Now, after a lifetime in law enforcement, Aguirre who was arrested for sexually assaulting a woman in his home, could actually be a serial killer. When Aguirre was forced to submit his DNA in the 2014 rape case, it immediately became a match for a 1986 cold case murder of a sex worker in nearby Spokane.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #47
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
This is kind of a beside the point post. The term "serial killer" would not be appropriate in this case unless they find that he has killed more than this one woman he is accused of murdering.
Ya, I thought that was a bit odd to use that term. But then I clicked on the link "could actually be a serial killer" in the article and read how "Investigators also revealed they were looking back at similar unsolved homicides in Spokane to see if there is a connection to Aguirre. They plan to test evidence collected from the scenes to see if it implicates him.

Police have investigated whether a series of murders between 1986 and 1987 are connected...
The cases of Mary Ann Turner, 30, and Kathleen D. DeHart, 37, remain unsolved, according to a story from the Spokesman-Review newspaper. Turner, a prostitute, was found strangled next to a garage in 1986. DeHart, a topless dancer, was strangled in the basement of an apartment in 1987.

Spokane Detective Kip Hollenbeck determined Aguirre was stationed at the base from January 1984 to early 1988, court documents said."

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy

Still the article could have simply said he was being investigated for other homicides.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #48
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Oh okay, thanks Miss Tick. That makes much more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
Ya, I thought that was a bit odd to use that term. But then I clicked on the link "could actually be a serial killer" in the article and read how "Investigators also revealed they were looking back at similar unsolved homicides in Spokane to see if there is a connection to Aguirre. They plan to test evidence collected from the scenes to see if it implicates him.

Police have investigated whether a series of murders between 1986 and 1987 are connected...
The cases of Mary Ann Turner, 30, and Kathleen D. DeHart, 37, remain unsolved, according to a story from the Spokesman-Review newspaper. Turner, a prostitute, was found strangled next to a garage in 1986. DeHart, a topless dancer, was strangled in the basement of an apartment in 1987.

Spokane Detective Kip Hollenbeck determined Aguirre was stationed at the base from January 1984 to early 1988, court documents said."

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/l...#storylink=cpy

Still the article could have simply said he was being investigated for other homicides.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2015, 02:54 PM   #49
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Officer Nouman Raja fired from Palm Beach Gardens Police Department after Corey Jones shot, killed

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-n-palm-beach-county/palm-beach-gardens/officer-nouman-raja-fired-from-palm-beach-gardens-police-department-after-corey-jones-shot-killed

Old 11-13-2015, 05:16 AM   #50
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Cop Who Killed Tamir Rice May Not be Charged

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...call-squad-car

It is horrific enough that these officers just opened fire immediately on this child, but I find it particularly appalling that they left a 12-year-old boy bleeding and dying on the ground without administering first aid.

There is an interesting study that was published in 2014, The Essence of Innocence: Consequences of Dehumanizing Black Children, that examines the differences between dehumanization and prejudice.

"prejudice may prompt one to devalue a job candidate
from a disliked group (e.g., Dovidio & Gaertner, 2000), prejudice
would not predict endorsement of genocide or extreme violence
toward that individual or group (Staub, 1989, 1990, 2000). Dehumanization,
on the other hand, would. Consequently, although
prejudice toward Black children might result in negative academic
evaluations and social exclusion (Farkas, 2003; Lareau & Horvat,
1999; Skiba, Trachok, Chung, Baker, & Hughes, 2012), dehumanization
of Black children might conflict with perceptions of children
as needing protection. In other words, children may be
afforded fewer basic protections in contexts where they are dehumanized,
making them vulnerable to harsh treatment usually reserved
for adults."

I found the study extremely disturbing. Seriously disturbing. But it certainly explains a lot.

http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/rel...p-a0035663.pdf

However, if you find it too much, here is a somewhat whitewashed and much shorter explanation of the study.

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/11/stud...hite_children/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #51
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Public Defender Jeff Adachi said the encounter was “reminiscent of Rodney King,” and excessive force was clearly used by the two deputies.
“From what you can see on the video, he’s turning the corner and they’re able to subdue him. They clearly had him on the ground. He didn’t pose any threat at that point, and they are clearly using excessive force and trying to seriously hurt him when he was on the ground and subdued.I don’t see any reason why he couldn’t be handcuffed and taken into custody. The blows, after they took him to the ground, were excessive by any measure, any standard. It’s shocking to see,” said Adachi.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/remi...eating-of-man/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2015, 07:40 AM   #52
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Minneapolis protests erupt after police shoot black man allegedly in handcuffs

http://www.startribune.com/police-officer-shoots-north-minneapolis-assault-suspect-during-physical-struggle/349730171/

A man suspected of assault was shot on a north Minneapolis street by a police officer early Sunday while allegedly hindering emergency responders from aiding his victim.

The shooting ignited a chaotic scene of shouting and taunting bystanders who believed the man was handcuffed before police opened fire.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #53
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

As important as this thread is, and it is very important, I feel physically sick when I log on and see that yet another person has been killed. This time, "supposedly shot in the head execution style", and possible in handcuffs! WTF! I have a whole rant inside of me regarding this, but I will save you all the read, because I am much to pissed to type it out!

Do you know> From Jan 1 2015 to Nov 16th that 1038 people have been killed by the police in the US?

Do you wonder why we don't hear about all of them?

Oh and just to be fair, here is the official list of officer deaths for 2015. As you can see not all are duty related.
Line of Duty Deaths: 109

9/11 related illness: 5
Accidental: 2
Aircraft accident: 1
Assault: 3
Automobile accident: 27
Duty related illness: 2
Fall: 1
Gunfire: 33
Gunfire (Accidental): 2
Heart attack: 17
Motorcycle accident: 3
Struck by vehicle: 5
Vehicle pursuit: 4
Vehicular assault: 4
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #54
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Hundreds protest as Chicago releases video of cop shooting teen 16 times

http://www.abc10.com/story/news/2015/11/24/chicago-cop-charged-shooting-black-teen-16-times/76303768/

Hundreds of protesters chanting "16 shots" wove their way through downtown streets Tuesday night after the city released a dramatic video showing a white police officer firing a fatal barrage of 16 bullets at a black teenager.

#Laquan McDonald

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2015, 08:32 PM   #55
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Hundreds protest as Chicago releases video of cop shooting teen 16 times

http://www.abc10.com/story/news/2015/11/24/chicago-cop-charged-shooting-black-teen-16-times/76303768/

Hundreds of protesters chanting "16 shots" wove their way through downtown streets Tuesday night after the city released a dramatic video showing a white police officer firing a fatal barrage of 16 bullets at a black teenager.

#Laquan McDonald
It's my understanding that this happened over a year ago. I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about it at that time. I did see the video this morning which stopped just as the first shot was fired. So that is all I saw and needed to see of it. I don't see where there was a need for a first shot let alone 16 shots. The young man wasn't even close to him, nor was he behaving in a threatening manner IMO. I don't know where all of the trigger happy police have come from, or are we just hearing more about these things due to social media?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2015, 09:02 PM   #56
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
It's my understanding that this happened over a year ago. I don't recall seeing or hearing anything about it at that time. I did see the video this morning which stopped just as the first shot was fired. So that is all I saw and needed to see of it. I don't see where there was a need for a first shot let alone 16 shots. The young man wasn't even close to him, nor was he behaving in a threatening manner IMO. I don't know where all of the trigger happy police have come from, or are we just hearing more about these things due to social media?
I believe this is an ongoing issue and we are hearing about it because of the use of video cameras and social media, as well as people speaking out about it in spite of fear of retribution.

Old 12-06-2015, 04:53 PM   #57
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Department Of Justice To Investigate Chicago Police: Report

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/doj-investigation-chicago-police_5664a222e4b08e945fefdddf?ncid=tweetlnkushpm g00000067

The Department of Justice will open an investigation into potential civil rights violations by the Chicago Police Department, The Washington Post first reported Sunday.

Full details of the probe are expected to be announced later this week.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2015, 07:53 AM   #58
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Default This screams guilt all over the place

Head of Chicago's Independent Police Review Authority Resigns

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Head-of-Chicagos-Independent-Police-Review-Authority-Resigns-360742831.html?cid=sm_tw&hootPostID=33b54ac543c192 bd10623fa9ed8b4dfb

With an impending investigation of the Chicago Police Department by the U.S. Department of Justice, the head of the Independent Police Review Authority Scott Ando resigned Sunday evening, effective immediately.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2015, 01:01 PM   #59
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

King: As Chicago pledges more transparency, video of cop killing unarmed teen Cedrick Chatman in 2013 still not released

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-chicago-hasn-released-2013-video-killing-teen-article-1.2461458?cid=bitly

Thirty-five months ago, the Chicago police shot and killed unarmed 17-year-old Cedrick Chatman on a sunny afternoon.

As many as five different cameras filmed his death.

At the time, Lorenzo Davis, a black man who was a retired captain for the Chicago Police Department, was heading up the review board which investigated police shootings. His investigation determined that the shooting of Cedrick Chatman was unjustified and that the officer who shot and killed Chatman should be indicted. As revered as he was, Lorenzo Davis was fired for refusing to change his findings.

To this day, the city has refused to release the video of Cedrick's murder and no charges have been filed against the officer who shot and killed him. This makes the ridiculous 400-day wait to press charges against the officer who killed McDonald look short.

The officer who fatally shot Chatman said that while Cedrick was running from police, he turned around and pointed what looked like a gun at him. The thing is, Cedrick was unarmed.

Not only that, but three people who've actually seen the videos all say that in addition to Cedrick Chatman being unarmed, he did not turn around and point anything at police. Those three people who've seen the video, retired Chicago Police Captain Lorenzo Davis, an unnamed investigator hired by the city to determine if charges should be filed, and the attorney for the Chatman family, all tell the exact same story.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #60
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Ex-Oklahoma City cop Daniel Holtzclaw cries after jury convicts him of rape

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/us/oklahoma-daniel-holtzclaw-verdict/index.html

For about six months, Daniel Holtzclaw preyed on women in one of Oklahoma's poorest neighborhoods, exploiting his police badge to intimidate them into keeping quiet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post: