Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good News!

I just called their host hotel: Delta Armouries in London and booked my reservation.

http://www.deltahotels.com/en/hotels...don-armouries/

I received the festival room rate of 89 dollars (this is a NICE hotel!) per night.

I had also joined (didn't remember that I did this!) and therefore receive FREE wireless access for the nights you stay if you join the Delta Privilege Club prior to booking. I don't know about anyone else, but free wireless is huge for me! So, if interested, you can book for a really great hotel and join the hotel club membership first before you book.

There is no code that you can input directly into the hotel website, so I would just call the hotel directly.

I just asked for the rate for the London Lesbian Film Festival and they have a block of rooms available for the really good rate of 89.00 (tax not included) for a sweet hotel.

This is really good considering I stayed recently at a highway hotel for more than that and this is a historic hotel in the heart of downtown London!

(no, I am not affiliated with this festival!)
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #22
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Damn - I don't think I'll be able to make this. But it does sound like a lot of fun. I'll try to see what I can do.

Hey Salty! How are you doing? I love Port Credit - but it has been a while since I've done anything more than a drive along Lakeshore Road.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #23
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Oh my god, I wish I could go. :magic carpet:
Oh Ms Chancie, I would like it if you could go too.

HSIN - I don't think that Team Sarnia will be staying overnight, unfortunately. I'd be all over that but I KNOW that particular battle is one that I won't be able to win. (However - that totally is a good price on that hotel.)
Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #24
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
Damn - I don't think I'll be able to make this. But it does sound like a lot of fun. I'll try to see what I can do.

Hey Salty! How are you doing? I love Port Credit - but it has been a while since I've done anything more than a drive along Lakeshore Road.
Sure you can make it!

If you bring a carload of people it'll cost less to travel -and- I'll be your bff.

C'mon, I used to drive from Toronto to London -all- the time just to go to a bar for a couple of hours and then go home.

(I forget where you are from though, Wryly. I'm bad like that.)

ETA - oh yeah, Niagara area. Duh. YOU CAN DO IT.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #25
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

Betenoire - I'll see if I can switch what I have planned that day (sporting event in Toronto) but I'm not sure if I will be able to. *sigh*
I don't have a problem with the drive - - I used to do Toronto to Windsor all the time.....when I lived in Toronto. Now I live near the Falls - the drive to London isn't bad at all.
But, like I said, I have something else scheduled already. If I can switch and make it to the festival then perhaps I'll get a hotel.
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM   #26
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryly View Post
Betenoire - I'll see if I can switch what I have planned that day (sporting event in Toronto) but I'm not sure if I will be able to. *sigh*
I don't have a problem with the drive - - I used to do Toronto to Windsor all the time.....when I lived in Toronto. Now I live near the Falls - the drive to London isn't bad at all.
But, like I said, I have something else scheduled already. If I can switch and make it to the festival then perhaps I'll get a hotel.
Hopefully you can make it, then!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, my name is U and I am from Southwestern Ontario.

Were do we unite?
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #28
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Thanks for posting this, HSIN.

So far:

HowSoonIsNow
betenoire (me!)
oneye (my lawfully wedded wedded person)

are going for sure.

And I -think- ABb is also coming with?

I know me and Nick will be there for the Saturday films. I would -like- to go to the dance and to see the drag kings, so I'm just going to go ahead and put my foot down and say we'll be there as well. Because I like to play at being the boss.

Some people are going to put on their dancing shoes!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #29
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
Hi, my name is U and I am from Southwestern Ontario.

Were do we unite?
In Canada. At the headquarters for Team Sarnia (aka - my apartment)
Old 03-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #30
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

I'm considering buying a one way ticket for UofMean!!!

(maybe in our country she could learn to not be so mean!)

harumph!

The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #31
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

harumph!

Seriously! My favourite positive stereotype about Canadians is that we are nice. I like to reinforce that one.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #32
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
In Canada. At the headquarters for Team Sarnia (aka - my apartment)
I don't like to go into bad neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonIsNow View Post

harumph!

One way?

Maybe, eh?

Quote:
Seriously! My favourite positive stereotype about Canadians is that we are nice. I like to reinforce that one.

And YOU do such a nice job reinforcing that one
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #33
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan View Post
I don't like to go into bad neighborhoods.
Sissy.

Quote:
One way?

Maybe, eh?
We'd let you in, too. Canada likes when new people move in!

But when you get here the government will be an asshole and refuse to let you work in your actual profession. We'll make it insanely hard for you to get certified at ____ here, so you will be stuck driving a taxi for the foreseeable future.

(I've never really understood that. I mean, if someone is (for example) a doctor it's easier for them to move to Canada - but then we don't let them BE a doctor once they get here.)

Quote:

And YOU do such a nice job reinforcing that one
Well, you know. I hope that if I talk about how nice we are that people won't notice that I'm not personally nice.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #34
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

London Lesbian Film Fest

Today is the last day for the reduced-price in-advance tickets.

Me and Nick got ours for the Saturday films and the Dance (and drag show) just half an hour ago. I know that Soon also got hers this evening.

ABb is coming with us also, as far as I know.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #35
luciddreamer

How Do You Identify?:
in the middle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
single

luciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant future
Default Guelph,On here

Would love to meet new people ! I live in Guelph,On.... It is between Toronto and Sarnia.. The film festival is just around the corner .
luciddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luciddreamer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #36
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddreamer View Post
Would love to meet new people ! I live in Guelph,On.... It is between Toronto and Sarnia.. The film festival is just around the corner .
You should go to the festival. We love new people.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #37
luciddreamer

How Do You Identify?:
in the middle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
single

luciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant futureluciddreamer has a brilliant future

I did attend the dance in London for the film festival....The DJ is a very good friend of mine.
luciddreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #38
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciddreamer View Post
I did attend the dance in London for the film festival....The DJ is a very good friend of mine.
Oh, lol. I was talking about the festival in London.

How was the one in Guelph?
Old 04-13-2011, 01:32 PM   #39
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Smile This Weekend!

Quote:
London Lesbian Film Fest

Today is the last day for the reduced-price in-advance tickets.

Me and Nick got ours for the Saturday films and the Dance (and drag show) just half an hour ago. I know that Soon also got hers this evening.

ABb is coming with us also, as far as I know.
Come join us!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #40
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Ahey ya.. Ontario dwellers..... i travel al over Ontario just about... would love 2 meet up smtime.. can not get on line while there.... can get yahoo IMs...most the time hope you al r having a great holiday.

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post: