cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

If more people would ask, there would be less errors. Eventually, they will learn to ask. Until then, there will be many awkward interactions.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #22
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
If more people would ask, there would be less errors. Eventually, they will learn to ask. Until then, there will be many awkward interactions.

i do ask but i forget!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #23
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

i do ask but i forget!
dee, I forget too. Sometimes it gets embarrassing, so I ask again blaming it on the ol' memory.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #24
ardentfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
~daydreaming~

ardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hey everyone, hope you don't mind my hopping on this thread with a question:

Does anyone know the origin of hy/hym pronouns?

The spelling doesn't have anything to do with "womyn," does it?

I've only seen these terms online, so I was also wondering if anyone uses them irl/how to pronounce them if so.

Thanks!
ardentfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ardentfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2018, 05:38 PM   #25
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentfemme View Post

I've only seen these terms online, so I was also wondering if anyone uses them irl/how to pronounce them if so.

Thanks!
hey ardentfemme. Great question. I will chime in on what they mean to me....hy is pronounced same as "he" as is hys..same as hys...and hyr same as her. I use them spelled that way as I am a woman identified butch, masculine of center. I don't want typical male pronouns to refer to myself. I am female but identify MOC (masculine of center) which is in no way meaning "male" to me.'

For me, it is a female version/spelling of my own identity and pronouns. I also prefer boi meaning boy and pronounced exactly like boy. I have also seen her spelled "hir" I am uncertain as to origin of any of these.....so hope I at least c larified some of it for you...

Have a great weekend....clay
Old 02-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #26
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissGentleman View Post
Does it offend you when someone calls you by your former or an unwanted pronoun?

It doesn't really offend me if I get called "him", but it does seem a bit strange. I'm much more comfortable with "her" and other female pronouns. I still have a bit of trouble remembering that my MTF friend, who started transitioning at the time I met her, is a "she", whereas my other friend who came out as FTM after I'd known him for a bit, is pretty easy to remember.

So to answer my question, how do you react to when someone calls you by a different pronoun than you prefer? Do you acknowledge that sometimes someone can make a mistake, especially in the early days?
I dislike it when the company knows what I prefer and I call them out on it. But I have friends who don't know I prefer certain pronouns, so I can't really get offended at it. But yes people can make mistakes early on, if it continues then it really needs to be addressed.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:51 PM   #27
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, people use Hy/hym/hys pronouns irl.

And, yes, I think the spelling probably is inspired by the y spelling of women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentfemme View Post

Thanks!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #28
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Yes, people use Hy/hym/hys pronouns irl.

And, yes, I think the spelling probably is inspired by the y spelling of women.
Yes they are used in real life but I have never heard of it being used or inspired by the y in women.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: