Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 12-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

Its a bit chilly here in the Pacific North West!

19 degrees when i left for work this morn! Brrrrrrrr!

Got my gloves and scarf out and the ice scraper!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #22
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

So far we only have had a temp drop to 55* from 77* and no rain yet.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:09 PM   #23
Daktari

Severe gale-force winds, driving rain and plummeting temperatures here. There's been localised flooding in our area and the Promenade shut off to traffic. There's flood warnings all over the country still.

A couple of folks dead due to the winds over-night.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #24
Princess

How Do You Identify?:
princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her.
Relationship Status:
One singular sensation!

Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,009 Posts
Princess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST ReputationPrincess Has the BEST Reputation

There is crazy weather all over the place it seems! Here in kansas it is just super cold, we had a little snow fall last night but they say we are going to get about 3 inches this weekend.

I hope all of you are staying somewhat warm and incredibly safe out there!
She was bored. She loved, had capacity to love, for love, to give and accept love. Only she tried twice and failed twice to find somebody not just strong enough to deserve it, earn it, match it, but even brave enough to accept it.”

~William Faulkner, The Town
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Princess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #25
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

The lines at Kroger were already down the aisles at noon. Despite the crowds, people were in good cheer. It doesn't do any good to grump out.

They're still calling for a major ice storm, but I've not seen anything yet, except cold.

I'd bet everyone in path of this storm cannot wait for Cle-on to Leave-on.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #26
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

23 and spitting a little sleet here right now. I am hoping Red gets to get out early to head home. Luckily our power lines are buried so unless there is a major probably at a transformer we usually make it through with power.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Snow yesterday and - temperatures. But, we keep on truckin!! Never felt such cold weather in my life. I even went outside in a Tank top and flip flops to *really* feel it. I'm a San Diego girl, so this is all new to me. I think that's the last time I'll try that experiment!

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #28
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

All the pink is the winter Rain to Ice storm that is over Dallas and Oklahoma headed Eastward. It's getting down to the mid 20's tonight, teens Friday night, and high Friday during the day of 29*. Stay off the roads because they will be full of Ice, folks. MY parking lot outside is already frozen over from the rainfall. and it's sleeting out. Stay warm folks!! This stuff will be here for several days.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #29
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a very nice weather day for Christmas
Old 12-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #30
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
Today was a very nice weather day for Christmas
Tex,things were nice for the day hear too,just the lows are gonna hurt,merry Christmas to you.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #31
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hopefully, our Michigan folks are okay. I read that almost 150,000 homes were without power on Christmas, with the weather down to single digits. Northern New England was still dealing with the effects of that ice storm too.

Warm thoughts to all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #32
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

Usually Omaha gets a lot of extreme weather during a year, but so far all of the storms have gone around us. Don't mistake my observation for a complaint, I think it's great. Just has me wondering, where did our weather go? Why don't we have any snow on the day after Christmas? Where were our straight-line winds and tornado spottings? Where were the reports of algae in lakes?
Old 01-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #33
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Default It's time for the northerner's to check in !!

Calling all peeps in the winter storm's path!! Are y'all alright??? I hope you are staying warm and off the roads.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:02 PM   #34
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Right on time, TruTexan.

BFPlaneteers, please check in if and when you
are able. I realize some are without power.

I want to know how you BFP folk are doing too.

I am sending best wishes your way.
Take care.
Big Hugs!
Brock
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #35
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Eight inches of hideous white crap fell on NYC. They closed schools and major highways. I had to go out in the biting wind and shovel. Everyone knows what a frail, fragile flower I am, but I had plenty of energy because I had gotten word that my current musical obsession, Mary Gauthier, was going to make it here from Nashville to play her sold out show. Buoyed by the news, I actually did a happy dance while shoveling.

Nope. They cancelled her flights even though no crap had fallen out of the sky since early this AM. The show has been rescheduled for March. I am NOT happy now.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #36
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

We just finished up a 2-3 day storm. It wasn't too bad, but wicked cold. About 15 inches of snow, and about 72 hours of temps between -5 and 3 degrees. Code blue is 25/7 here, meaning churches and such are open for homeless folks to come in for sleep/warming. A very good new policy in my community. But it could be much worse. No ice storms or heavy winds that take power out. My guy has been here throughout and has taken on shoveling, since I'm working (from home) and can take so much cold, but he runs much more warm than I do. I've been keeping soups and stews boiling on the stove.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2014, 08:16 PM   #37
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanks for checking in with us here at the planet. Keep us informed, we appreciate everyone that checks in. Thanks and stay warm and eat more soups.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #38
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

It's 10 degrees here in NJ right now, temps dropping to -1 later tonight. I went out today to set up some more shelters for the feral cat colony that has adopted me, and to make sure they had food. I'm very concerned about them in this weather and I just hope they'll use the shelters.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #39
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Thursday night's storm could have been worse but it did dump a bunch of snow in RI. At least, where I am. The wind was really bad so the drifts were super high. Nothing like having to fight your way out of your own door. lol

Last night was colder, in the negatives. I think it said between -4 and -14. The wind gusts are still super frigid and I believe that our shelters and churches are also open. There are wind chill alerts all over.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #40
Daktari

So glad for a little respite today from the worst of the weather systems here in my little corner of the north west, although the gales are meant to be back with us tomorrow.

The seafront in my home town yesterday. No properties were flooded.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: