Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie FAQ

Old 03-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

HA! This kinda reminds me of watching the "anal fisting" thread and snickering.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #42
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
So now everyone is making me wonder if I would participate differently on the site, if I were invisible. Is that what we used to call "lurking"? But "lurking" has negative connotations, and I think the invisibility we're talking about here, since condoned, and consensual in that everyone knows the deal, doesn't have any ethical problems associated with "lurking."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I don't care as to who visits my profile, the only one I do care about is my wife. Folks are gonna look folks up to post on their profile page so it automatically shows up, unless one is invisible. It's just an operating feature of the site.
Ehhh I just post and don't worry until I see threads like this, then I may or may not have a moment of paranoia. lol
Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #43
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have the same people that show up on my profile. I really don't care who sees me, stalks my threads, etc. The only one that creeps me out a bit is someone who is seeing someone I dated. She's probably even reading this now. ahahaha I'm not sure why but I seem to fascinate her.

But I know that some people do because they enjoy the same things I'm into. I get rep notes telling me so.

I don't know why I choose to be invisible. Its an option I have and I use it. I don't really care if people know what I'm reading or stalk me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #44
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

I'm invisible right now. Watching all of you......
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #45
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I rather despise the fact that paid members can be invisible. It feels like I am not worthy of protection as an unpaid member. I know I am spied upon. There is a name that NEVER leaves my visitor list. But i also wonder who else watches me silently. It almost feels like how a set of dogs attacks..one from the rear, one in the front.

Yet I remain present. And I do not stop saying anything I want to say. If people want to keep tabs on me, so be it. I just hate that they can use that feature to do so. If I had the means to pay for a membership, i would, so i wouldn't feel shadowed. But not being able to isnt enough to keep me away from a site that otherwise, i feel comfortable in.

I go in the butt and fist threads. Hahaha. I make sure my silent watchers get their monies worth....
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #46
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I have the same people that show up on my profile. I really don't care who sees me, stalks my threads, etc. The only one that creeps me out a bit is someone who is seeing someone I dated. She's probably even reading this now. ahahaha I'm not sure why but I seem to fascinate her.

But I know that some people do because they enjoy the same things I'm into. I get rep notes telling me so.

I don't know why I choose to be invisible. Its an option I have and I use it. I don't really care if people know what I'm reading or stalk me.
i don't care either and i find it amusing that they do as i hardly post anything juicy
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #47
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

I want to speak to your accusations and loaded words, here.

There's some really strong, fierce individuals on this site that 'protect' themselves and each other as needed, daily. If you were treated unfairly or badly in some real situation I and many others would readily come to your defense, despite your conclusion that as a result of a paid-user option, you live in fear of being strategically attacked by a pack of dogs.

This is to say nothing of the real and actual concern that the site administrators give every member on a daily basis. Meaning that your accusations are offensive, given the spirit of the site, and that the owners and the administrators are people I know to care about you and every other member, long after most people would lose interest or tolerance for each of our mini-dramas, our bad days, our exes and their exes, real and imagined, etc.

Those are a couple of things that you might consider, or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I rather despise the fact that paid members can be invisible. It feels like I am not worthy of protection as an unpaid member. I know I am spied upon. There is a name that NEVER leaves my visitor list. But i also wonder who else watches me silently. It almost feels like how a set of dogs attacks..one from the rear, one in the front.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #48
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yet I remain present. And I do not stop saying anything I want to say. If people want to keep tabs on me, so be it. I just hate that they can use that feature to do so. If I had the means to pay for a membership, i would, so i wouldn't feel shadowed. But not being able to isnt enough to keep me away from a site that otherwise, i feel comfortable in.

I go in the butt and fist threads. Hahaha. I make sure my silent watchers get their monies worth....
I have to wonder why you feel so watched, Miss_Tia? And what about someone visiting your page is so threatening to you? I visit a gazillion pages a day (just because I'm nosey like that) and the few times someone has questioned my intent, I simply answer honestly and make a mental note to respect said person's privacy.

I'm not sure if I am still invisible, but for a while I very much appreciated being able to log in here and know not everyone could see which threads I was visiting and where I was on the site. It was a vulnerable time for me. Now I don't feel so sensitive and I don't mind being observed in such a manner.

It is tricky trying to navigate the same space your ex occupies, but it can be done. For me the process has been about learning not to read everything through a "me" lens. And then, of course, being respectful of their right to move forward as they see fit, and vs-vs.

No one here has ever resembled a pack of dogs to me. I'm sorry you feel that way.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #49
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have any problems on here. After reading this thread, and this is the first time I have, I find the conversation interesting. Apparently, I am not that interesting. I don't think anyone follows me around.

Wait... .... I could take that personally and be all ... I...... could be boring...

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #50
vixenagogo

How Do You Identify?:
unabashedly femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
i prefer being proadverb.
Relationship Status:
single.

Thanked 1,260 Times in 381 Posts
vixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputationvixenagogo Has the BEST Reputation
Default every breath you take.

i do think that some people use the *invisible* feature with questionable intent. whether it is "spy" "keep tabs on" or to "silently intimidate" i have no real idea. if someone feels the need to have their travelings stealth...well that's cool. i am not a paid member. so the only way i know that someone is "squatting" on my profile is having a paid member look at my profile and tell me who is a permanent "resident". can i do anything about it? no. just ignore it. it is kind of creepy when they show up as viewing your profile on other sites though.

people are going to be curious and look. it's just how it is. but to discount how it makes someone feel...regardless of the metaphors used to describe those feelings... is not for us to decide right or wrong.
vixenagogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vixenagogo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #51
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Invisi or not... does it really matter? If you have the funds to afford a membership so be it. If I could afford it I would be a paying member, but I can't at this time. Does that mean I can be pissy because someone has something I want? NO!
When I post from my phone I usually end up going to someones profile since my phone is a pos... I don't know how many times I have ended up on Daywalkers page while trying to view the Zombie thread... does that mean I am checking up on someone? Not so much, it means I have usually hit something I shouldn't have and alas I end up on someones profile... I don't think about it and just leave. If it concerns someone so much about who is checking them out then by all means ask... don't assume that they came for ill intent... Please if you are going to stop by my page leave a message... It could make for some interesting reading for those that wander around the profiles trying to learn something about the other people in the community...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #52
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

I think to some of us who do have paid subscriptions and have utilized the invisible option, posts such as Miss_Tia's can read as somewhat accusatory. There are many reasons behind someone wanting to remain anonymous while perusing the forums and I have to trust that relatively few are, by nature, malicious.

When it comes to anything of a hierarchical nature it can be tremendously difficult to defuse a potential "us against them" environment.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 12:17 PM   #53
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

little paranoid darlin??

I am a paid member, but not at a level that allows me to be invisible.

Have you contacted that individual and asked why they 'NEVER leave your visitor list'? Have you reported your concerns about the individual that 'NEVER leaves your visitor list' to the site owners/moderators?

You do realize that your post makes me want to go to your profile page at least once every day and figure out who this 'NEVER leaves your visitor list' might be. Matter of fact, after I hit the reply button I will make a visit to your profile page......shaking my head....
I will not assimilate

Last edited by Toughy; 03-20-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,623 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Maybe I’m missing something. I admit to being a bit odd so things that most people get easily, believe emphatically or see as reality I will probably not understand, think is crap or have a completely different take on. But to me it makes no sense to be concerned or feel unsafe or unprotected when people read what you post or look at your profile on a public forum. I mean this is a public forum and no one forces anyone to post on it. But once you do anybody and their grandmother can read whatever you post here without ever signing in. They can follow you around without you ever knowing they exist and read every single word you ever write, all day and all night, over and over a hundred times if they wish. And you might never know.

People who pay for memberships can do the same with the extra added bonus of not leaving a trail and getting to see your profile and your visitor’s page without showing up on it. Other members can just go to see your profile any time they want although they will leave a calling card so to speak. And everybody can read what you post with the exception of must be a member and logged in sections like the red zone. So anything you post there won’t be read by anyone who isn’t a member. But it doesn’t take a lot of fancy credentials and a background check by the FBI to get a membership. Therefore in reality, with a minimum of effort, anyone who wants to can read anything you post and your profile as well.

What puzzles the shit out of me is if this bothers someone in any meaningful way, why would they choose to post stuff on a public forum? Or fill in a profile page? I mean isn’t that the purpose of posting or putting stuff on your profile page? Isn’t it so that other people can read it? Isn’t this even the outcome that is hoped for? I mean how would it feel if no one ever looked at your profile page? That would suck a bit no? Or if no one ever read your posts? I mean sure, mostly I post for myself, but still I want people to read what I write. And I don’t need them to agree. I don’t even need them to like me or me to like them. Not that I can think of anyone off the top of my head that I don’t like. Truthfully I don’t know too many people on here. But regardless of who it is, I still want them to read what I write. I mean we can’t expect that only the people we like or approve of will be allowed to read our words. Or look at our public profile.

And what could possibly happen that we would need to be protected from people who go to read our profile? Even if they camp out there? It’s not like they can set booby traps for us and the next time we open our profiles our computers will explode or god forbid our keyboards blow up leaving our hands and fingers in shreds. I guess the people who don’t like us can glean information about us from the things we say, the threads we post in, the stuff we chose to read and the people who friend us, but seriously what can they do with this information? Other than make fun of us, talk about us with their friends behind or not so behind our backs, spread gossip and rumours about us and generally take every opportunity to bad mouth us whenever and wherever they can, what can they actually do? And the people who want to do shit like that will do it anyway with or without access to your posts, your profile or information about the threads you read.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

well spoken, Miss Tick!
I have one person who visits my page...every single day...but is a futile visit as what is there to see is limited to contacts and admin/mods!! It bothers me NOT!!! Besides I think that person has a secret crush on me..why else would they need a daily visit..grins...(make it a positive experience!!!)
I totally agree with you...we all know it is a public forum, and we all know what we post is accessible by anyone....so why post if you are worried about being read by anyone else?
It doesn't bother me that the benefits of higher paid memberships have the "invisible" feature. That is one of the perks of the extra membership level. Anyone who chooses has that opportunity. Of course, I am not able to afford a paid one at this time, so I am quite pleased we do have the free one available, and I have never been treated any differently than the paid members are. I am most grateful to Admin. for this perk...CIJS I LOVE the Planet!!!
I also fail to see how it is "stalking" if one chooses to read someone's posts, or maybe goes to visit their page...I go look at profiles or to leave a visitor's message...as I can't always "remember" where they may live, or I may go to click on their statistics page to follow their posts...we have some amazingly talented writers, and some people who are just beautiful with their words.....wit...and knowledge....I don't see the fact I go to read their posts, or subscribe to them, that is "stalking"....I don't think along those lines...I think along lines of "gee I sure do like their posts, or gee I sure do love their wisdom....instead of a negative sense. And I am an open book, so I write from my heart and want others to read it if they enjoy my words. It is flattering to me if they do visit my page, my posts, and leave me user reps..or not.
Anyway, my point is..if I don't want to be seen, then I don't stand in front of a window!...smiles....
Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #56
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

There's a minimum of 5 members (that I can see) that have recently looked at my profile--I don't know them, I think nothing of it--I hardly think they have sinister intentions, maybe they found a post interesting/stupid/amazing/strange, maybe they want my body and want to know if I'm single, maybe they're just curious about other members of the community in other parts of the world--Maybe they wonder how E puts up with me! (My therapist doesn't allow the what-if game so I am really going to town, here!)

Also, I randomly look at profiles and also think nothing of it--I had NO IDEA that it caused some such duress, I guess I didn't think anyone thought of me as important enough to think about, let alone apply some meaning over a peek at their profile--Which could even have been accidental as (the same with what someone else posted, above) if I have a few minutes to kill and I use my phone to read the site, I will likely have viewed a couple of profiles, unintentionally.

*Given this new information, I will try not to antagonize anyone by reading their super-secret profile with my spidery eyes.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #57
UofMfan
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
A very happy Mr. Grumpy Cat

Thanked 18,942 Times in 4,709 Posts
UofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST ReputationUofMfan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
There's a minimum of 5 members (that I can see) that have recently looked at my profile--I don't know them, I think nothing of it--I hardly think they have sinister intentions, maybe they found a post interesting/stupid/amazing/strange, maybe they want my body and want to know if I'm single, maybe they're just curious about other members of the community in other parts of the world--Maybe they wonder how E puts up with me! (My therapist doesn't allow the what-if game so I am really going to town, here!)

Also, I randomly look at profiles and also think nothing of it--I had NO IDEA that it caused some such duress, I guess I didn't think anyone thought of me as important enough to think about, let alone apply some meaning over a peek at their profile--Which could even have been accidental as (the same with what someone else posted, above) if I have a few minutes to kill and I use my phone to read the site, I will likely have viewed a couple of profiles, unintentionally.

*Given this new information, I will try not to antagonize anyone by reading their super-secret profile with my spidery eyes.

I am not going to divulge why sometimes I look a yours. (profile that is)

But on a serious note, if you want privacy, get off the internet. Not YOU apretty, but the general you.
UofMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to UofMfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #58
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Reiterating...there is NO such animal as internet privacy. It does not exist, ever.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #59
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

that list of people on our profile pages COULD be people like me who click a name by accident on a post, or like Kim said trying to post from the (i)phone in tiny itty bitty font. It's easy to end up on SOMEONE's page with NO intent at all.

i don't recognize half the folks on my list either, and if my ex, my exes (sort of) ex and current friend, (both on this site) or the exes new gf (also on this site), the exes new gf's ex (no idea i just threw that in) my ex friend (on this site), my friend again ( still on this site, we reconnected), my long time friend (on this site) or my mother (not on this site) want to look at my *page* so be it. i don't even feel comfy calling it MY page, is a page on a website that i get to use, it's not like i bought the damn page anyway. i have full confidence that the site would take care of business if anyone tried to hurt a hair on our heads. Watching people who try to do internet harm being banned is the best deterrent for the rest of the population here to behave. i think they handle it well and one day i am going to get that ex/new/new ex lover float chart to June.

i know all of these people are here and i love this site so sharing the same space can be weird but hey welcome to the internet.

i am here knowing i have limited privacy and my words can be read by the entire world, if i wanted 100% privacy i would not be online at all. If i were vain enough to think the world wanted to read my words i would still not care if they did or not.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #60
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

clay....

the only thing missing from your profile page is the ability to leave visitor messages (folks can leave a user note) and your contact info (you have chosen not to receive PMs). All your other info is there for all to see.
I will not assimilate

Last edited by Toughy; 03-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post: