Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 05-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #961
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

YAY! for Dapper!!!

May 29, I will undergo a colonoscopy with a procedure being done for the bleeding as well as an endoscopy and a "stretching" of the esophagus to follow the colonoscopy! So, I am getting a "two for one".
My fiancee' will be here to go with, and being an RN is a HUGE relief for me to have her there.....
Old 05-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #962
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
YAY! for Dapper!!!

May 29, I will undergo a colonoscopy with a procedure being done for the bleeding as well as an endoscopy and a "stretching" of the esophagus to follow the colonoscopy! So, I am getting a "two for one".
My fiancee' will be here to go with, and being an RN is a HUGE relief for me to have her there.....
Clay, my Friend, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for great results from your procedures. I know it will help to have your own personal nurse(wink)--glad she will be there with you. Keep us posted on how you are. Jeano
Old 05-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #963
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

Will be keeping You in my thoughts and prayers Clay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
YAY! for Dapper!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #964
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

Thank You for this Spirit Dancer.
It is exactly what i did when Ethan had Cancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post

As a caregiver I want to post and to enlighten those who've never dealt with Cancer or any other long term chronic illness.
Your caregiver is the one who, gets every imaginable throwback, the happy days, sad days, angry days,
the I don't want to go on days and the days.
The days with good news, bad news and no news.
If there is a change we are there, we clean and cook,
we bathe and care for our loved ones.
Out of love, we are there.
We allow them to shed tears even when we hide our own,
we laugh, we share and in the most heart breaking cases
we watch them cross over.

We are tired, worn out sleep deprived but we march on.
They depend on us, for we are their Nurses, their Pharmacy, their Cooks, their Transporters and their advocate,
we get things done when they cannot. They trust us and confide in us
and we stay strong for them, giving them encouragement even on the darkest days.
Not every Cancer patient has multiple caregivers,
so when people think that caregiver is short, or curt, flighty, in a hurry.
Give some consideration they might be on day three, with only six hours of sleep, in 72 hours and multitasking to no end just to make sure their loved ones get the care they so richly deserve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #965
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

I have spent the last hour reading this thread, wishing i would have found it sooner. I have not experienced Cancer first hand,. but have been the Caregiver of Ethan when He was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer. It was a huge scare for Him, and for me.. and our daughter.
i had to be the strength and the glue that held us all together.
He had a complete radical Hysterectomy and they caught it soon enough so He did not need Radiation nor Chemo. He is doing good now.

I found out a few months back about my step dad having Bladder Cancer and it has spread to his lymph nodes. He tried doing Chemo twice and his white blood cells diminished too badly both times, so they refuse to do more. He had a router rooter type procedure done where they went thru his urethra up to his prostrate and cleaned him out so he could urinate better.. but .. there is nothing else they can do for him
My mom is having such a hard time with all this. He is the first and only man my mom was ever in love with.
It hurts me to see her deal with this.. and me being all the way in GA and her being in Cali.
i am waiting for the call or the text or FB message to let me know when i(we) have to plan a trip there.

I want to wish all who have/had cancer.... and all of their/us caregivers hope and happiness and love.
my prayers and support are with you.
Sorry for the ramblings..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 AM   #966
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Talking Happy Anniversary to ME :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Andrew,
After a tough couple of months, and DustyBoy Kitty passing through on May 1st, I realized how time flies
I celebrated 6 years of being cancer free on May 15. Endometrial cancer diagnosis shook my world and it felt like the air was sucked out of the universe. After radical total hysterectomy, and 16 lymph nodes removed, i did well UNTIL...I got a massive infection that almost killed me.

I live every day to the fullest, and love like there is no tomorrow..Thanks for all the love and positive energy.

Tommi
Update.
I am now 9 years cancer free.

I have learned and lived and loved alot. I highly recommend it. THAT annual appointment at 7AM with my Oncologist is looming, I can't sleep, so..this is a healthy place to hang out.

Think I'll go make some hot chocolate and cinnamon toast.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #967
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Update.
I am now 9 years cancer free.

I have learned and lived and loved alot. I highly recommend it. THAT annual appointment at 7AM with my Oncologist is looming, I can't sleep, so..this is a healthy place to hang out.

Think I'll go make some hot chocolate and cinnamon toast.
Thinking of you Bud and hoping all is well. Jeano
Old 05-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #968
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile Rockin and rollin and boppin anda strollin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangjeano View Post
Thinking of you Bud and hoping all is well. Jeano
Thanks Jeano,

I made my follow-up appointment for May 14, 2014, my 10 year Anniversary

All went well, always glad to see them under these circumstances. Exams, tests and "results will be in the mail". I took several days off work for R & R Now, back to living life to it's fullest. Where is that bull named Fumanchu
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #969
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Thanks Jeano,

All went well, always glad to see them under these circumstances. Exams, tests and "results will be in the mail". I took several days off work for R & R Now, back to living life to it's fullest. Where is that bull named Fumanchu
Yay! About time you came back to report in, Tommi! Damn, just make us all wait (a day)!

Congrats!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #970
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yay! About time you came back to report in, Tommi! Damn, just make us all wait (a day)!

Congrats!

Hey you...Thanks for the concern, and ...the smile at your post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #971
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

A beautiful friend passed away last night from ovarian cancer. She fought so incredibly hard all the way and willed herself to stay alive to see her oldest daughter graduate from college and her youngest son from high school...both on the same day.

The world is a little less bright today but the angels have another sister to dance with. I love you T and I miss you already.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #972
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

So sorry to hear about your friend Novelafemme.
I honor that fight and the respect she earns as she journey's through this life to another.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #973
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

*hugss* my condolences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
A beautiful friend passed away last night from ovarian cancer. She fought so incredibly hard all the way and willed herself to stay alive to see her oldest daughter graduate from college and her youngest son from high school...both on the same day.

The world is a little less bright today but the angels have another sister to dance with. I love you T and I miss you already.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #974
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

struggling a bit today.

Its been 18 months since the last chemo. I am coming into the 2-3 yr time frame that mets most likely happen at. A friend at work was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months before me and she had a seizure at work last Monday and she has brain mets and was told 6 months. My staging and grade was higher than her's. SOOO I go this Friday for blood work (which was off last time a couple months ago and there was activity mid cervical on an xray) and I have been having some concerns, like headaches, energy, night sweats, small lump on neck. I hope its just canceritis and I am only scaring myself. I want this fear to go away. I don't like having fear over something I have NO control over. I think I need a hot bath and meditation.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #975
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

I will be breast cancer free (depends on who you go by the oncologist/the surgeon who removed the tumor/ the radiologist) But I go by the date I received the news Dec 7 2010. My next scan will be in two weeks. I start getting a little anxiety by the last week before the scan. My health has been great. I have turned my life around inside & out. I believe in the power of positive thinking. My caregiver was my ex gf who did the best she could for me. I was a terrible VERY terrible patient for her. I won my battle with cancer but lost her. It was a terrible time in my life before during & after. We didn't have a shot in hell. I used to blame the end of our relationship on the cancer but even though I do believe it played a part in it. I was the reason for it ending. I was angry bitter and selfish. I only hope she is now happy and knows I did appreciate her helping me through one of the toughest times in my life and know she will always carry a piece of my heart with her. All caregivers are truly angels in disguise.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #976
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_U_taunt View Post
struggling a bit today.

Its been 18 months since the last chemo. I am coming into the 2-3 yr time frame that mets most likely happen at. A friend at work was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months before me and she had a seizure at work last Monday and she has brain mets and was told 6 months. My staging and grade was higher than her's. SOOO I go this Friday for blood work (which was off last time a couple months ago and there was activity mid cervical on an xray) and I have been having some concerns, like headaches, energy, night sweats, small lump on neck. I hope its just canceritis and I am only scaring myself. I want this fear to go away. I don't like having fear over something I have NO control over. I think I need a hot bath and meditation.
Oh, gosh, Deb. I'm so sorry. I would be worried too. But, YES, it IS just canceritis! Keep your head up and keep the faith!

(I know, easier said than done). :-(

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #977
wahya
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
im good

wahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputationwahya Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb_U_taunt View Post
struggling a bit today.

yes think positive! I know how you feel. and find support. I had but one person who supported me. it was not enough. I finally joined a support group and I am glad I did. FINALLY people that know what it was like physically & emotionally. Even after the battle. People don't realize there are no fireworks going off inside of you just because the battle is over. inside it has just begun. If you need to talk I am here.
wahya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wahya For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #978
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahya View Post
I will be breast cancer free (depends on who you go by the oncologist/the surgeon who removed the tumor/ the radiologist) But I go by the date I received the news Dec 7 2010. My next scan will be in two weeks. I start getting a little anxiety by the last week before the scan. My health has been great. I have turned my life around inside & out. I believe in the power of positive thinking. My caregiver was my ex gf who did the best she could for me. I was a terrible VERY terrible patient for her. I won my battle with cancer but lost her. It was a terrible time in my life before during & after. We didn't have a shot in hell. I used to blame the end of our relationship on the cancer but even though I do believe it played a part in it. I was the reason for it ending. I was angry bitter and selfish. I only hope she is now happy and knows I did appreciate her helping me through one of the toughest times in my life and know she will always carry a piece of my heart with her. All caregivers are truly angels in disguise.
Wow! It sounds like you are describing my cancer experience. We have a lot in common. I applaud your honesty about your part in the process. I agree about positive thinking. Sounds like you have done a loit of good internal work---congratulations on continuing good health. Jeano
Old 06-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #979
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,685 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I had my two procedures on the 29th. Things went well with both. My lovely fiancee' was with me for the week....she really took excellent care of me, too! I am truly blessed!

Awaiting results of two biopsies taken...Am remaining positive!

Thank you to each one of you here...who offer your kind words, warm hugs, and support. This means the world to me. I miss all of you, think of you often....

Warm hugs and much love to you all....
Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #980
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Cool The tests. The wait. The results. The re-test. The wait..and the beat goes on.

Quote:
Thanks Jeano,

The dreaded phone call came on Friday.

"We need you to come back for a follow-up as the Pap results showed some atypical cells. Doc wants to do a Colposcopy"

A what?? I can come in tomorrow, I mean Monday"

"The first appointment we have available is on the 19th at 7:00AM, and in case he needs to do a biopsy it will be done at that time." ...
What is a colposcopy anyway? ......as I am Googling it...Endometrial cancer, follow-ups for atypical cells, a magnifying light, acetic acid...oy vey*

as the Nurse is saying ....These things are just routine, and negative 9 times out of 10, just a little burning, and uncomfortable cramps possibly for a day or two and..... as my mind wandered off to the beach.

Who the hell can call this routine after 9 years of negative pap smears /post total radical hysterectomy with 16 lymph nodes donated to science***I thought it was "my prostate" surgery in the first place.

I hate waiting. So, to wile away the team, so I gessoed a huge canvas...
Hmmm. either a peaceful landscape or a rolling stormy seascape 3 X 4 feet

Last edited by Tommi; 06-02-2013 at 06:39 PM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: