Notices

Old 12-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #21
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Last week I was at the grosery store and this young couple was in the check out line,both looked like they hadnt had a meal in a while,the fue things they bought wouldnt last long.Ya know we all have had times we were short of cash and done with less..anyway they paid for the thigs they bought and left..I felt for them big time.As I was going to my car I noticed them siting in there car eating what they bought,looked like they were liveing in it as well..u know we all should put the buggy back in the place its suposed to go,so made a round about trip to do that wich took me past there car..I had a 50 in my pocket and was headed to the pool hall for the night..well its a woinderful thing to walk past someones car and find a 50 laying on the pavement next to it..I knocked on the window ..hey man u droped this,u must have its next to your car,it shure isnt mine.I didnt give them time to say much..I gave it to them and walked away.people would say im nuts to do this but I could help and I did..it did more for me than u will know to help.
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I say this ALL the time. But there are times where one can feel and understand the frustration.

Right on! lol ... It's the simple gestures in life that really make a difference.

Ever try to do something nice for someone and all you get is a nasty or negative response back? It's happened to me many times, and it makes me want to feel that it isn't even worth the effort to try and be nice to people.

I think it's all about response. If people were just a little more receptive in a positive way ... the negativity wouldn't be so contagious.
I've had this happen too. Some people just aren't receptive, no matter the gesture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Perhaps they were embarrassed.....I know that there is a certain amount of pride involved when asking for help. I hate having to ask for help myself. H~A~T~E I~T.

So if You offer help to someone who doesn't know You, perhaps it's the pride speaking, and not their heart at all.

It's worth the effort, NYJ, I know You know this......because someday, You're gonna try that one more time, and be welcomed with tears of thankfulness.

It depends upon what's being offered/taken and where it is, I think. People in the South seem to look down upon gestures that would be deemed 'charity' but are more open at giving and receiving gestures that would be considered 'good manners'. Up here, I've found that there's nowhere near the stigma associated with shopping at Goodwill, going to the food bank, etc. However, the level of common courtesy ebbs and flows more up here. There are a lot of transplants up here and that's where most of the juice in my kindness meter comes from. So, they are more tolerant up here but less nice.

*shrug*

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #23
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

It's interesting in that once you do a few nice things for perfect strangers you find out that it usually takes very little to help a person out.

I live on a fix income, but I've been known to loan people money, buy them things they truly need, scrounge through my cupboards and freezer to provide for others, etc. If I have more than they do, I'm very open to sharing.

I truly believe what goes around comes around, it sometimes takes a while, but it always happens

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #24
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
<snip> People in the South seem to look down upon gestures that would be deemed 'charity' but are more open at giving and receiving gestures that would be considered 'good manners'.
*shrug*

What are you basing this on?
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
What are you basing this on?

More than 20 years in Florida plus most of my first 11 years in Mississippi.

Of course, I was only speaking from my ME space and my own personal experiences.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:45 AM   #26
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

It depends upon what's being offered/taken and where it is, I think. People in the South seem to look down upon gestures that would be deemed 'charity' but are more open at giving and receiving gestures that would be considered 'good manners'.

*shrug*
This applies to just about anywhere. Pride.
So I guess one would have to disguise what would be considered charity as a good, common gesture just to get by... lol. (I kind of think of them as one and the same at times).

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:53 PM   #27
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
This applies to just about anywhere. Pride.
So I guess one would have to disguise what would be considered charity as a good, common gesture just to get by... lol. (I kind of think of them as one and the same at times).
Very true.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #28
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I know I HATE it when I feel like someone feels sorry for me. H.A.T.E. I.T. And this last year, it has been rough financially.....and I have had to swallow my pride a few times. It's been a good lesson for me to be on the receiving end of people's kindness. And makes me so thankful for the "things" which I DO have, and for the people and love in my life. That makes me pretty wealthy, truth be told.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #29
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Jews have the "fake it till you make it" rule where you just give and receive. You don't have to like the giving or receiving. You just do it because it is a mitzvah. Not a good deed or ma'asim tovim but a commandment. So it is the intention to do right and following up with action that makes the difference. I like this because it allows me to follow a rule rather than make judgement calls or expect something back. Where I have the hardest time is looking past myself and being right. If I can do that and follow the rule it is amazing how the outcome of a situation can change.

So why can't common sense and good will be more common? Because it is hard! If I could love, accept and cut myself some more slack it becomes easier.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #30
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Yup, just seems like common sense has gone out the window! I'm mainly referring to the lunch lady who dared to give a free meal to a hungry student and was fired for it! R E A L L Y ????????? The school district's response was that there are "programs" that help those in need! Give me a break!!!!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #31
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Last week I was at the grosery store and this young couple was in the check out line,both looked like they hadnt had a meal in a while,the fue things they bought wouldnt last long.Ya know we all have had times we were short of cash and done with less..anyway they paid for the thigs they bought and left..I felt for them big time.As I was going to my car I noticed them siting in there car eating what they bought,looked like they were liveing in it as well..u know we all should put the buggy back in the place its suposed to go,so made a round about trip to do that wich took me past there car..I had a 50 in my pocket and was headed to the pool hall for the night..well its a woinderful thing to walk past someones car and find a 50 laying on the pavement next to it..I knocked on the window ..hey man u droped this,u must have its next to your car,it shure isnt mine.I didnt give them time to say much..I gave it to them and walked away.people would say im nuts to do this but I could help and I did..it did more for me than u will know to help.
Rockin

You are definitely NOT nuts.... that was awesome.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2015, 08:00 PM   #32
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Yup, just seems like common sense has gone out the window! I'm mainly referring to the lunch lady who dared to give a free meal to a hungry student and was fired for it! R E A L L Y ????????? The school district's response was that there are "programs" that help those in need! Give me a break!!!!

Not much makes me angry but, when I saw this, I was pissed.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #33
Uli

How Do You Identify?:
fat girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married!

Tournaments Won: 1

Uli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST ReputationUli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shystonefem View Post
Not much makes me angry but, when I saw this, I was pissed.
In case it helps either of you feel better, I read yesterday that the school district offered her job back to her. I'm not sure if she accepted or not.
Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Uli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2017, 08:32 AM   #34
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

****** B U M P ******

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #35
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Rockin
Old 09-09-2018, 12:33 PM   #36
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I agree, helping someone out in need is SO satisfying!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: