Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 PM   #261
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Don't ignore your gut feeling/red flags thinking love will conquer all and make everything okay/better. It needs to be good from the beginning.

Actions may speak louder than words, but words still mean something.

Stand your ground. Don't let anyone intimidate/guilt you into staying. They do not own you, and you don't owe anything to anyone.

Walk away from alcohol/drug use. You can't save them. They have to want to save themselves.

Do what makes you happy. Chase your dreams. In the right relationship, you can have it all. A relationship should not entail sacrifice (unless you're sacrificing sleep for late-night sex! )
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2017, 03:13 AM   #262
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

That you cannot deny who YOU are, and if you do, and you are unhappy, you cannot blame the other person.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2017, 05:41 AM   #263
Brisa

How Do You Identify?:
Female

Brisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST Reputation
Default Brisa

Don't believe everything that you are told.
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brisa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2017, 05:54 AM   #264
AmazonDC

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
DC

Thanked 1,485 Times in 430 Posts
AmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST ReputationAmazonDC Has the BEST Reputation

To guide with a steady hand and an open heart
AmazonDC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AmazonDC For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #265
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

To let go when people chose to leave.

It took a lot this time, but I accepted sometimes people don't feel the same as I do. All because I feel like I miss someone, doesn't mean they do. I needed to accept I'm not gonna die of sadness because someone else can get past things I can't.

There are more people in this world to be stuck on someone, when there's people out there who will be interested in you and hang on your every word when they care. When I finally realized this, I started letting new people in.

Allow yourself to enjoy when people are around, but when they go stop trying to show them anything, its okay to let them leave and move your effort to other people.

After all the pain and suffering after they leave, it really is just a matter of time before the new prince/princess charming shows up. Fix your make up girls, it's just a break up.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:43 AM   #266
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,370 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

don't jump to conclusions
respect his opinions, even if you disagree passionately
listen more then talk
laugh more then cry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 02:30 PM   #267
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

This is beautiful dee. And so true. We as individuals are responsible for making decisions that make us healthy and happy based on who we naturally are and what we really want. With relationships especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
That you cannot deny who YOU are, and if you do, and you are unhappy, you cannot blame the other person.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #268
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

To let go of the what went wrongs & focus on the what was rights, it's an important tool when moving forward & healing from the broken heart, when you only focus on the negatives it suffocates you...To trust in my gut instinct a little more & to not let a partner define my happiness because ultimately my happiness comes from me & me alone... I have that control nobody else...
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #269
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
This is beautiful dee. And so true. We as individuals are responsible for making decisions that make us healthy and happy based on who we naturally are and what we really want. With relationships especially.
thanks gototsea

i have to be me at this point....

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 08:21 PM   #270
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

To be extremely careful of who you enter a relationship with. Use much intellect along with emotions. Pause yourself and ask if this is really the right relationship for you. Looks can be deceptive.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 12:18 AM   #271
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Sort of inline with the above post.

Not to abandon true deep love and commitment to sizzling hot lust and blazing scenes.

In short order, the sizzling and blaze will burn out.

All that remained were cold embers and memories. Oh, and years of tears.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #272
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirenManda View Post
To let go when people chose to leave.

It took a lot this time, but I accepted sometimes people don't feel the same as I do. All because I feel like I miss someone, doesn't mean they do. I needed to accept I'm not gonna die of sadness because someone else can get past things I can't.

There are more people in this world to be stuck on someone, when there's people out there who will be interested in you and hang on your every word when they care. When I finally realized this, I started letting new people in.

Allow yourself to enjoy when people are around, but when they go stop trying to show them anything, its okay to let them leave and move your effort to other people.

After all the pain and suffering after they leave, it really is just a matter of time before the new prince/princess charming shows up. Fix your make up girls, it's just a break up.
So true, if someone wants to leave let them!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #273
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Sort of inline with the above post.

Not to abandon true deep love and commitment to sizzling hot lust and blazing scenes.

In short order, the sizzling and blaze will burn out.

All that remained were cold embers and memories. Oh, and years of tears.
I agree with this...in my twenties "hot" was what counted..but now ..there are more important things--of course you want both always but it's not wise to reject change--because change will always be with us and it's good and we shouldn't be afraid of it and learn to take advantage of it--life is a challenge and this is what keeps it interesting!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #274
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

That the deep friendship in the relationship should come before anything else

That romance is not about grand gestures or words for me. It's about small, little acts of care that are natural. It's about stepping up for me when I can't but not in a "masculine hero" way, more like a "scrubbing bae's puke from around the toilet" way. <<< *that's* romance to me. I mean, that means someone sincerely loves me.

That I find passion in humour, movement, and creative conversations.

That loyalty is more important to me than fidelity

That I'm no longer looking for the passion-romance-chemistry triad. What I want is maturity, skills, compatibility, self acceptance, self responsibility and wit. *fans self*
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 12:15 AM   #275
Lifesymphony

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme; Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Getting back my groove

Lifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST Reputation

Learning to wait at least 24hrs before reacting when I'm upset. No matter how hard it is to keep quiet.

Learning the difference between assertive and abusive.

Learning to rediscover the raw vulnerable side of myself in the arms of another.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #276
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Don't Do It Again!!!

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #277
MaddieRobbie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Free

MaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST ReputationMaddieRobbie Has the BEST Reputation
Default What I Learned...

Oh, I learned so much from so many...(haha)

I learned:

People can change - but only if they want to.
Monogamy can be beautiful...and overrated.
Washing butch cock is important.
Don't aim a champagne bottle at anything breakable.
Sex doesn't need love...but it does need like.
Trust. I either do or I don't.
How to let things go.
Fuck the rules.
Don't fuck the boss.
Big brains are sexy.
Kissing matters.
How people treat others tells you who they really are.
Strength isn't always muscle.
I'm better suited as an aunt, not a mother.
Keep the cowboy boots on.
Even non-smokers like it when I smoke cigars.
Don't hide who I am.
MaddieRobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MaddieRobbie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 02:13 PM   #278
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

My potential/future relationships are negotiable.

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:10 PM   #279
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thumbs up

"don't get out over your skis"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #280
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

I learned not to settle if they don't have this this about them..
Must love animals ,seafood , windy spring days , ocean air , watching sports , carnivals, European foods , music , artsy stuff.