Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation
Question What have you done for yourself today?

Some of us get a little wrapped up some times in the daily grind (work, home, work, home...rinse and repeat), and doing for others more than we do for ourselves.

So, what have you done for yourself today?
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

This morning, I took a few moments before work to look up strengthening exercises for kayaking. It has long been a goal of mine to learn to kayak, and the summer is not getting any younger.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

What a wonderful idea for a thread. I too get caught up in the day in and day out sameness of my day. Sleep,work,take care of Mimi... rinse repeat... ugh!
For this moment I am doing nothing... well does drinking coffee constitute doing nothing?

Have a great day!

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Some of us get a little wrapped up some times in the daily grind (work, home, work, home...rinse and repeat), and doing for others more than we do for ourselves.

So, what have you done for yourself today?

Love "rinse and repeat" !

I brushed my teeth.
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up GREAT Thread Idea, Ms. Hollylane!

subscribing!
Going to go have a Starbucks VENTI Tazo Chai Latte iced later when I go to do errands!!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Replaced my old cell phone, with a new Lucid smart phone. Probably smarter than me actually but we will see. The old one was a good one though. Had it 3 yrs and it never failed me. I never had it cleaned and never had a minutes trouble out of it...um until I dropped it 3 times on the hardwood floor this weekend. So wish me luck with my new toy it will be a learning experience I'm sure.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Today I spent time with the fur kids playing ball before it got to hot to be out,then I gave them a bath and dryed them real good...then Itook me a long cool shower and a nap with my clean fur kids on the bed.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

swam for 2 hrs non stop .. now kicking back to some santana ~~
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
JistMe
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Handsome
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male One's
Relationship Status:
Hopeless Romantic Seeks Filthy Whore

JistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST ReputationJistMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default gesso

I took myself to the store, and instead of spending every extra cent of my paycheck on fun stuff for the baby, and things for other people, I saved out twenty just for me... and bought myself gesso, and some other things that I have been needing for a long time but doing without. I felt guilty all the way through the cash register, but my artwork will thank me.
JistMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JistMe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #10
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Love this thread idea

I'm another who tends to do a lot for others and leave myself off the list...

Today, I ate fish (which was fried...not the healthiest way, but a start), because I'm trying to eat more of it.

I also bought myself a really lovely soft green mid-calf length dress with floral detailing up one leg. All of my clothes are now far too big and shapeless....it's nice to get myself something pretty that fits!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #11
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

I took about a 30 minute nap this afternoon and it was refreshing.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #12
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

I so stole the last in the fridge and so ate it all for myself lol.....
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I decided to skip tonights queer femme cabaret, "Femmetasia." Instead, I chose to stay home, relax, unwind, and go to bed early. after I decided to stay home, I found out there's a second show tomorrow evening. score!

~Wade Davis

Last edited by cara; 07-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #14
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

I bought 4 new bras and 3 new panties.. I don't like spending money on them, but they were on clearance, and I needed some!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I did my laundry and bought groceries ... does that count?
Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I cooked myself dinner - right now I am enjoying a glass of milk and a can of no beans chili with vidalia onion.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #17
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

I took a break.
I stood up for myself (against a previous coworker) .
I stood my ground.
I was assertive and behaved like the leader I am. (Assertive took me years to learn)
I walked away with confidence and self worth.
I took another break...
I treated myself to a small bowl of ice cream.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 AM   #18
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Sat on the back porch at my Dad's place (actually, laid back on one of those newfangled recliner style lawn chairs) and just took in the beautiful bug-free weather on a starry night with no thought of lengthy "to do" list intruding on relaxation... paradise!

Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #19
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_Fl View Post
I did my laundry and bought groceries ... does that count?
Hell yeah, it counts...I scrubbed my house and did laundry. Took a shower and am now hangin' on the Planet.

It counts!
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #20
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

I bought a hand mixer... I know, I know... living on the edge... I have been telling myself for a while now that I would get one...
So today I bought something for myself...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post: