Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Interested in Steampunk anyone?

Is there anyone else that is interested or more so fascinated by the subculture of Steampunk?
I find that not only the clothing, artistic styles, old innovated with the new, antiques mixed with modern, all of these beautiful crafted and witty minds and manners are combined to create a fascinating culture.
Steampunk has always been first and foremost a literary genre, or least a subgenre of science fiction and fantasy that includes social or technological aspects of the 19th century (the steam) usually with some deconstruction of, reimagining of, or rebellion against parts of it (the punk). Unfortunately, it is a poorly defined subgenre, with plenty of disagreement about what is and is not included.
It has also been explained as this: What is Steampunk by the way?

Well, if you are not familiar with the term, it refers to a genre of fiction where steam power, spring gadgets and modern marvels of the 20th century are thrown back to Victorian aesthetics. Technology in a Neo-Victorian setting. The term has spread on to include not just books, but any real mashing up of technology with more classical style, where Verne-esque and Wellsian science is a reality. Some post-apocalyptic elements rise up on occation, depending on the portrayal.

The definitions across the internet vary quite a bit, but that is the general gist of it. Regardless of what your definition of steampunk, welcome to Steampunk Lab, home of all manner of inventions of a curious sort.
No matter how it is explained, everyone has an opinion on it, and most will argue that theirs is more of the truer statement. I tend to think that all views are exceptional and fascinating... Anyone have an interest? Or photo's to share?

Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

absolutely love it!

There's a growing population of steampunk enthusiasts at DragonCon every year - and vendors have some wonderful items they sell there as well.

I can't craft - so all I can do is oogle.

I do however have a page on my pinterest dedicated to steampunk... not much there right now... but I'm picky.

Tawse's Steampunk Pinterest
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I happen to admit liking the clothing style and steampunk type novels (Cherie Priest being one of my favourites). I actually find it hard to find decent steampunk authors/novels. You can find compilations but whole novels are somewhat more of a challenge. I think for me, as a geek, it ties my love for Victorian era stuff (think Sherlock Holmes) with a taste of modern tech but with a Mousetrap (think the game) feel.

I'm actually contemplating doing a steampunk outfit for the Reunion.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I like the fashion....haven't really been captured by any novels...

I do know that if I owned this dress I'd wear it to Reunion!

Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
absolutely love it!

There's a growing population of steampunk enthusiasts at DragonCon every year - and vendors have some wonderful items they sell there as well.

I can't craft - so all I can do is oogle.

I do however have a page on my pinterest dedicated to steampunk... not much there right now... but I'm picky.

Tawse's Steampunk Pinterest
Awesome Tawse! Absolutely fantastic pinterest page! Being picky is what makes every piece count! Thank you so much for sharing. Now I'm going to oogle, lol. Sometimes Ebay and Amazon has really good art pieces that I stare at also, right now I have been watching Oddities and many of their shows have been dipping into Steampunk parties that I just heart over. I am very interested in the clothing choices lately. And I am not one that usually likes clothes unless it's during the mid evil era so for me to be so infatuated lately is different for me. I also love the photography gadgets that have been shown lately. Thanks again for sharing!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation
Default Get Out of My Head

Why yes, yes I am.

I've liked the style from afar for some time, but have recently started researching the culture as well a bit. I've found this website has alot of cool info in their forum. They have one forum dedicated solely to steampunk literature, others to music, and my favorite-Fashion.

Subscribing....
A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

This is one place I've contemplated buying an outfit from. http://www.steampunkemporium.com/steam.php

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #8
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

I want this chopper

But I wouldn't mind paddling this around either!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love it

Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #10
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
I want this chopper

[/SIZE]
As I was driving around today, I was thinking that after I get all my "big expenses" out of the way over the next couple of years, that I want to get a bike and steampunk it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #11
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default No you get out of my head! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara View Post

Why yes, yes I am.

I've liked the style from afar for some time, but have recently started researching the culture as well a bit. I've found this website has alot of cool info in their forum. They have one forum dedicated solely to steampunk literature, others to music, and my favorite-Fashion.

Subscribing....
A
Now I will be trying, and I said it right, trying to sing that song, perhaps I should stick to humming or more so whistling that tune. Thanks for sharing this awesome Youtube clip... Go back to paddling your yak, let me revel in my new found excitement lmao
Old 07-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #12
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Now I will be trying, and I said it right, trying to sing that song,
Give my sincerest apologies to Doll.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #13
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Another great link for clothes http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/...-clothing.aspx
Old 07-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Loooovvvve steampunk! I already have an outfit geared up for cabaret night! Very similar to these, with a few other twists and turns thrown in.

I like more than just the fashion though. Would love to have this...

dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #15
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

What I love most about Steampunk, they don't only cater to small size costumes, they have links to Plus size Woman and men. This is what life is all about, it's a fit for everyone!
http://xerposa.com/plus-size-steampunks-unite
You can also log onto etsy
or you can look under Plus size steampunk and they have many listings.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara View Post
As I was driving around today, I was thinking that after I get all my "big expenses" out of the way over the next couple of years, that I want to get a bike and steampunk it.
That bike is shit hot!
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums
Default I have to share this Spirit Dancer

I just have to share this picture that Spirit Dancer left on my page, She's right, I could get away with this look! I was going to go for the typical rose colored goggle look but I love this look she picked! She said I favored this image. My friend knows me well...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #18
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
I just have to share this picture that Spirit Dancer left on my page, She's right, I could get away with this look! I was going to go for the typical rose colored goggle look but I love this look she picked! She said I favored this image. My friend knows me well...

You know they use nerf guns to make the cool guns. There's tons of youtubes on how to do it.

Being helpful 'cause I wanna see you in this too!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #19
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't read the novels, but I am fascinated by the fashion!

www.steampunktrheads.com

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #20
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

This is a must have piece