Old 04-08-2018, 06:29 PM   #3041
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 22,821 Times in 10,001 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
A cantankerous curmudgeon who's lost his wife and job, both of 40 some odd years and want nothing more than to end his, a horrible crippling accident on a dream vacation, a cat on the verge of its demise after nearly freezing to death, a young gay lad being turned out by his father after revealing his lifestyle, government attempted intervention to separate a wife from her husband and place him in a facility for those suffering from Alhemizers, and an ending which one might assume you'd be in tears over.. could actually be one of the most uplifting books I've read in ages!

I highly recommend A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. One of the best books I've read in some time!!!!
Today I helped Mary with the huge project of going through her books! We came across an extra used copy of this and are more than willing to send it to a good home! Please let me know if you're interested. First come first served!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #3042
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 3,689 Times in 1,119 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

i enjoyed this book as well, and was very surprised i did not cry more (the cat part made me cry) so i was very happy when i found his next book on audible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 09:36 AM   #3043
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I read this shortly after A Man Called Ove. I liked it, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea!
Old 04-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #3044
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 22

Thanked 3,627 Times in 835 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished John Grisham "The Chamber" and now on to Margaret Atwood "Alias Grace"... and all these great reviews on "The Girl Who Wrote in Silk.. I have downloaded that one for next read.

Last edited by Breathless; 04-20-2018 at 03:03 PM.
Breathless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Breathless For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 04:58 PM   #3045
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
femme in the streets, switchy in the sheets
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
love's my religion but he's my faith

Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,218 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Rite of Wrongs by Mica Stone
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2018, 04:39 PM   #3046
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
Just finished John Grisham "The Chamber" and now on to Margaret Atwood "Alias Grace"... and all these great reviews on "The Girl Who Wrote in Silk.. I have downloaded that one for next read.
You will NOT be disappointed in The Girl Who Wrote in Silk! It was a fantastic read...
Old 04-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #3047
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Just finished Leonard Cohen: A Remarkable Life
by Anthony Reynolds. If you're a Cohen fan or even if you're not you will enjoy this most interesting book.

Next I am starting Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling
Book by Amy Chozick
Old 05-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #3048
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
by Anthony Reynolds. If you're a Cohen fan or even if you're not you will enjoy this most interesting book.

Next I am starting Chasing Hillary: Ten Years, Two Presidential Campaigns, and One Intact Glass Ceiling
Book by Amy Chozick
I enjoyed Chasing Hillary.........

It includes some of the author's problematic issues dealing with fellow co-workers (men) who were less than welcoming and some issues of male's behavior in Hillary's campaign camp.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #3049
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry.........Gabrielle Zevin

I am on page 156 and although I'm enjoying this book immensely, it's a book about books and a book seller, it's nothing like I was expecting!
Old 05-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #3050
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I enjoyed Chasing Hillary.........

It includes some of the author's problematic issues dealing with fellow co-workers (men) who were less than welcoming and some issues of male's behavior in Hillary's campaign camp.
This is a new hardcover book released about a week or so ago and if anyone is interested in it, I'd be willing to pass it along!
My theory has always been books are meant to be shared on sit on dusty bookshelves!
P.S. As always first come first served.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #3051
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:

Book by Amy Chozick
This is a used (the Cohen book) copy but is in very good condition! If you're interested I'd be happy to send it to a new home as well.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #3052
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Mary ordered James Comey's A Higher Loyalty so I'm "borrowing" it and scanning it to see if I really want to read it..
Old 05-09-2018, 04:14 AM   #3053
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Mary ordered James Comey's A Higher Loyalty so I'm "borrowing" it and scanning it to see if I really want to read it..
I've decided to read it! I haven't gotten to any of the Trump stuff which is fine. The beginning deals with mafia kingpins and the whole Martha Stewart episode.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:33 AM   #3054
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,133 Times in 2,310 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Stretching Lessons by Sue Bender

I stumbled across her book Everyday Sacred months ago and decided to try out more of her musings.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 08:44 AM   #3055
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

I'm out of reading material. .....any suggestions?
Old 05-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #3056
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

The lost souls of dutch island by John Connolly
Old 05-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #3057
Kätzchen
<<< ❤ >>>

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single (friendship only).

Thanked 21,625 Times in 6,989 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I'm keeping it simple and light.... I've mostly just read posts on the boards, by member's in our community, or news articles. Mostly here, though.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:37 AM   #3058
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns.
Relationship Status:
Single. You have to be pretty amazing to change that.

PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Reading

Entrepreneurial You, Dorie Clark.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #3059
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I'm keeping it simple and light.... I've mostly just read posts on the boards, by member's in our community, or news articles. Mostly here, though.

Oh darn, I was sort of depending on you for a recommendation!
Old 05-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #3060
Kätzchen
<<< ❤ >>>

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single (friendship only).

Thanked 21,625 Times in 6,989 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh darn, I was sort of depending on you for a recommendation!
Hopefully, someone will post about an book they have read, or will read soon, that might catch your interest.......
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
books, reading