Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #81
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lusciouskiwi View Post
I'm thinking of catching the train up to Bangkok for a few days next month during Eid ul-Fitr/school holidays. Leave either the Saturday or the Sunday afternoon by train.

I'm not sure that I'll go out of Bangkok because I don't want to rush around like a crazy person and maybe this will be a taster for more visits to Thailand.

Any tips/suggestions for Bangkok?
It wouldn't be everyone's favourite part of Bangkok but I love the Sukhumvit area of the city. It's well worth exploring and the night life there is great also.

Siam Square is also worthwhile visiting - if you like shopping, then you NEED to visit Siam Paragon that is located there. It's spectacular.

LGBT-scene is a bit underground but not bad in Bangkok. The butch-femme scene, or tom-dee scene in Thai terminology, is actually strong with a number of specific events and clubs. I know some tom-dee folk in Bangkok so if you're visiting Bangkok and want to meet some friendly faces, then let me know and I'll see if I can put you in touch.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #82
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

The River Jordan
(Israel)
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #83
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation
Default some of my favorite places

The Olympic Rainforest, Lake Quinault

Montreal

Neah Bay
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #84
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

* Northern Lights *

(Canadian or Norwegian?)

Last edited by Kätzchen; 09-01-2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: * sweet dreams *
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #85
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Key West

Key West was a common vacation spot for my family when I was a kid. St. Augustine is my hometown and Florida in general was our playground.

My recent assignment has me working in Key West for several days while you guys are living it up at the reunion.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #86
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

It's almost pillow time for me tonight....
and because I often dream one day of visiting France, I found this lovely picture of a beautiful home in a rural French countryside. I wish I knew more about my father's mother - she was born in France and everytime we had a family reunion, my aunts, uncles and cousins would remark to me about how much I looked like my father's mother (Vera). I know that as I age, I see that I look like her - more and more, as time goes by.

*SoOoOooOo...*

I'm going here tonight in my dreams: I do believe that it's a perfectly gorgeous place to visit.

* Night Night *

_____ ______
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #87
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation
Default Aruba

Aruba is one of my favourite places to visit. Warm water, not humid, out of the hurricane belt, same temperature year round, beautiful sand.

Last year I was 4x4ing on Aruba's North shore on Christmas day, it was a great way to spend Christmas.

Been twice and will definitely go back.

Although Hawaii is a close second.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #88
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Smile La Jolla Underwater Park..This was one of my favorite vacations. Water, sun, what's not to love?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #89
Trey339

How Do You Identify?:
Gq Butch Dom
Preferred Pronoun?:
Trey

Trey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST ReputationTrey339 Has the BEST Reputation
Default all roads lead to:

Trey339 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trey339 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 AM   #90
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

The so called Nature Coast of Florida. The part I know is from the Chassahowitzka River north to about Cedar Key. Salt Marshes. Spring-fed rivers meet the Gulf.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2012, 03:51 AM   #91
pamcat

How Do You Identify?:
Leo girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/my friend/
Relationship Status:
coasting along, having fun

pamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputationpamcat Has the BEST Reputation

What a great thread this is - so many beautiful places and amazing photos!!!
My favourite place in the world is the quiet island of Bali, especially Sanur, which is on a beautiful beach, and Ubud, in the mountains where writers and artists often stay. I've just returned home from 3 weeks holiday in Bali and wish I was back there!!

If I could work out how to post a picture, I'd place some here, but I'm not sure how to do it!!
pamcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pamcat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #92
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamcat View Post
What a great thread this is - so many beautiful places and amazing photos!!!
My favourite place in the world is the quiet island of Bali, especially Sanur, which is on a beautiful beach, and Ubud, in the mountains where writers and artists often stay. I've just returned home from 3 weeks holiday in Bali and wish I was back there!!

If I could work out how to post a picture, I'd place some here, but I'm not sure how to do it!!
Welcome to the community, pamcat.

I will leave a link to a forum thread where you can find help to post photos here, but if your photos are yours personally, I would suggest you find an website outside of this website to hang your pictures -- so you find it a bit easier to post a photo here.

Link to ~>> Members Helping Members.

I like this thread too and love to see photos of places people have been fortunate to have had the pleasure of visiting. I hope you're able to hang some photos here soon! I would love to see the places you have traveled to and how beautiful they are. Thank you, to all of you, for sharing beautiful places and spaces you have been to or dream about!

Here's a place I often visit: It's part of the urban interface of the metro area where I live. Pittock Mansion. It's a gorgeous place to visit and when you're on the grounds of the mansion, you're at a fairly high altitude in that a person has a 180 degree, birdseye view of all the gorgeousness in our area. A person can see Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helen's, the W

_____ ______
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #93
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Morro Bay / Los Osos

I spent summer before last there. It was magical.

Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #94
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Tivoli (Copenhagen)

_____ ______
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #95
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation
Default Excuse me, do you have the time?

When you're not sure where you are in the universe, find a cosmic clock.

Chaco Canyon 2013.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 PM   #96
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess View Post

My absolute fave place to snorkel!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #97
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just returned from Nha Trang, Vietnam .... specifically the MUD BATH Spa! My skin feels awesome, it was so relaxing, a beautiful area to visit. Totally recommend this to be put on a bucket list!
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2012, 01:08 PM   #98
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

In my backyard...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #99
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default The Milky Way over Tajinaste (Teide National Park, The Canary Islands, Spain)

Visiting the Canary Islands has been near the top of my to-do list for ages...

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #100
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Idyllic.

The Four Seasons' beach, Kona Village, Hawai'i