Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-31-2015, 08:00 PM   #2861
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have been riding my recumbent bike nice easy going to loosen up my knee joint then walking up the block as far as I am comfy with, but for what ever reason I am sore in my knee today have some swelling that feels like fluid that goes away after a heat treatment. Tuesday I went to my chiro for a work over he said my back is really tight and stiff even though I am doing some stretching maybe I need to do more plus I am doing exercises for my sciatica.
I know I am long overdue for a round of back injections but couldn't get an appointment till after the first of the year...hurry up will ya.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 10:05 PM   #2862
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm too lazy to look for last year's stats but I think this year was less than last.

28,565 calories burned
243.54 miles walked, ran, biked and shuffled

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 01:04 AM   #2863
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

today it was cold, the kind that charges at the bones and gives your teeth a solid rattle. Its the kind of day that would have had me almost incapacitated at one point in my not so far off history. But not today. I took extra flights of stairs, and I ran with the dog. I did this remembering all the days that it wasnt an option in this body, and for my childhood friend who is being robbed of her mobility by ALS. So just for today my activity felt like a fight instead of just going through the motions.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 06:20 AM   #2864
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Nothing today as it's going to be a long day here. The toilet got scrubbed this morning. That's something.

Yesterday I painted off and on for half of the day, so there's about 3 hours or so of active painting and about another hour and change prepping and resituating things and washing the instruments plus another hour of hopping in the car and going to the store to get better instruments.

Ever noticed that people drive their shopping carts like they do their cars?

Oh and I almost got backed into while on foot by a giant SUV. That got the heart rate up a bit.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 08:45 PM   #2865
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yesterday and today I did pretty much the same routine: manual stair master for 30 minutes, levels 2-4, 2.5 floors per minute, 230 cal., 75 floors. And no back pain, what a relief! I have one more day of vacation before I go back to work on Monday.

I'm watching Making a Murderer on Netflix. So good!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #2866
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

The back is feeling pretty good, ever since I decided to push through the pain and starting working out on the eliptical starting last week. My chiro told me it made sense that this was helpful. I wish he had told me this before (last I heard from him if I was in pain, I was supposed to just do stretches....'course last time we discussed it was 9 months ago when I was in wicked bad pain).

Needless to say, that (and the chiro), along with the stretches in the morning, have made a difference. Sucks that my 6 month old mattress jacks up my back, but hey!, I only buy a mattress once every 15 years, so that is how it goes....

My and I had a great day hiking the local trails and he is still Mr. Energy even though he is 10.5 years old. Gotta love a Russell Terrier!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 11:12 PM   #2867
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I worked 11 hours and was busy the whole day. Any benefit was washed away when I gobbled up some bits and pieces of stuff at 9pm. Not my best effort tonight. Luckily, tomorrow's another day.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #2868
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Update so we are almost a month in andnim down 11 lbs. Still a lot to go. Baby steps is what that special person tells me. At the end of January I'm hoping my endurance is up so I can start some strenght training.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:09 AM   #2869
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

It's tomorrow and the sun came up.

Precor EFX 546i elliptical

306.3 cal, 2.49 mi, 35:00 min

I stretched and that was it. All in all, it was good. I definitely earned every sweat droplet and calorie burned. I went later than I normally do and there were more people there. It was the first time the gym actually smelled like a gym.

I do not like the smell of sweat.

Trainer appointment tomorrow morning and more painting tonight. There's no rest for the wicked.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 01:45 PM   #2870
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

3.5 miles on rowing machine. Might have a bike ride later on...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 03:34 PM   #2871
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Currently I'm stuck in the car. But I have plans to play a little pond hockey with friends tonight.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #2872
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Ok I have a question for all of you who have been excerising on a regular basis. I have NO idea where to start on the strength training. How many reps I should do and how often should I increase the reps?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the support I have gotten for y'all already.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:44 PM   #2873
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Punching bag
Old 01-04-2016, 12:04 AM   #2874
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Ok I have a question for all of you who have been excerising on a regular basis. I have NO idea where to start on the strength training. How many reps I should do and how often should I increase the reps?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the support I have gotten for y'all already.
I find this to be sort of a personal thing. Its really based on you and how you feel.

That being said, in my experience, a good place to start is 2 sets, 8-12 reps per set. I typically will increase the amount of weight I'm doing when I can easily, without straining, complete my reps. I do not generally increase the amount of sets or reps.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:54 AM   #2875
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1 View Post
Punching bag
I really don't think I'm anywhere near ready for the punching bag. Maybe later on yes. Thanks for the advice
Old 01-04-2016, 05:58 AM   #2876
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
I find this to be sort of a personal thing. Its really based on you and how you feel.

That being said, in my experience, a good place to start is 2 sets, 8-12 reps per set. I typically will increase the amount of weight I'm doing when I can easily, without straining, complete my reps. I do not generally increase the amount of sets or reps.
Randrum

I am assuming here that you are talking about free weights. If your not then please explain to me which machine. The gym I belong to has so many machines I have NO clue where to start or how to even use them.

I keep reading where some are talking about a circuit. Is there a certain circuit to follow? If so what is it? Do you have to do everything on the circuit everytime?

I have so many questions and don't want to hurt myself or break a machine. I promise to try and not overwhelm y'all with questions.

Thank you for your patience
Old 01-04-2016, 07:06 AM   #2877
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Randrum

I am assuming here that you are talking about free weights. If your not then please explain to me which machine. The gym I belong to has so many machines I have NO clue where to start or how to even use them.

I keep reading where some are talking about a circuit. Is there a certain circuit to follow? If so what is it? Do you have to do everything on the circuit everytime?

I have so many questions and don't want to hurt myself or break a machine. I promise to try and not overwhelm y'all with questions.

I suggest talking to the management at the gym. They should walk you through the machines and should give a general outline for what to machines to use to reach your goals. It is also important that they show you how to use the machines correctly so that you don't hurt yourself.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #2878
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Dapper is right. It is a good idea to talk to the gym staff about how each machine is used so that you use it properly. They may also be able to give advice as to where to start.

Personally, I usually lift, when healthy, 2-3 times a week. And I tend to focus on muscle groups. Upper body (chest, arms, shoulders, and back) and lower body (legs & abs). I use a combination of free weights and machines.

Occasionally I'll throw in a circuit for variety. I go to Planet Fitness and they have a 30 minute express circuit that makes it easy.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #2879
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I really don't think I'm anywhere near ready for the punching bag. Maybe later on yes. Thanks for the advice
Lol I was just saying what I like to do. Guess I should be more specific!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #2880
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Randrum

Absolutely talk to staff at your gym. They should actually be requiring that you get a "how to" on all equipment before using- (wishful thinking) But you could really hurt yourself or just not get an effective workout if you wing it. They should also be able to answer your questions about how much to start with.

Work break for me around 2pm and will be using the rowing machine. Then back to work until late tonight so that will be it for me- but that's okay.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights