femmennoir

How Do You Identify?:
femme, naturellement
Preferred Pronoun?:
Elle
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,223 Times in 478 Posts
femmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputationfemmennoir Has the BEST Reputation

Any packing femmes? Just curious!

Elle*
And your heart, as it was then, will be on fire.

Anna Akhmatova "White nights"
femmennoir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmennoir For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #22
ferret

How Do You Identify?:
As myself.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones.
Relationship Status:
Timed out.

ferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputationferret Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
ferret-You reasons mirror mine exactly! Does this make us bad butches?

I think it's safe to say I'm just me, and take it or leave it, you know? Doesn't mean we're bad butches.

Sue
Old 08-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #23
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Joining in with the non-packers.

I used to think I had to pack to be butch - because I kept hearing about butches packing and rarely ever heard from the non-packing butches .... especially on the dash site. But I wasnt being authentic to myself when I packed because that wasnt who I really was, so now I only wear my cock when I intend to use it.

If someone cant appreciate me for the butch that I *am* and not the butch that *they want me to be*, why would I want to be with them anyway? Truth is: I wouldnt.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Thanked 1,335 Times in 501 Posts
Maria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmennoir View Post

Elle*
Lots of femmes pack!
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maria For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #25
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Parker - You touched on something that I REALLY REALLY want to talk about and might go start a thread in the Red Zone about it.

I think that a lot of us were a party to some of the groundwork that was laid on the Dash that dictated that Butch = certain things and Femme = certain things.

I think it has really been pivotal to how some people have shaped their gender presentation and also some of the reason we keep having to have the circular conversation of what is good objectification and what is bad objectification.

In my mind there is a lot of gray area in the Butch/Femme dynamic and I think that people really worked to try to make it a black/white issue back then. Hence the "He" for Butches and "Femmes never pack" ideaology.

Anyway, just wanted to say I hear you.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #26
OS Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch-BLW
Preferred Pronoun?:
Default-She
Relationship Status:
Closed

Thanked 1,378 Times in 461 Posts
OS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST ReputationOS Butch Has the BEST Reputation

This thread leads me to tell a story. Seems I always have a story.

I don't know how many years ago it happened. I belonged to a group of Butchly sorts. We communicated by a yahoo group when we weren't at a gathering at someones home or out and about taking our girlfriends a night on the town.

The conversation truly was confusing me, especially because it was on line and things just get lost in translation. The topic was about Mr. Softee...which confused me even more. So....I had to ask....What does that have to do with ice cream?

Needless to say, to this day, they still tease me about that comment.
OS Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #27
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

Early on as a butch I didn't pack or strap-on. Hell, I didn't know there was such a thing. I knew I was not feminine and that I appreciated women but being a lesbian for me has been a growing experience. The person I am is fluid in my likes and dislikes (about myself) and I have changed consistantly... in a fuid way. I've questioned and wondered and explored.

When I was a non-packer I was true to myself and I was content and happy with me at that time. I have changed since and I prefer to pack now. Does that make me any more butch than who I was before... absolutely not. Was it because "everyone else" was doing it? Not at all. In fact not many, if any of my realtime friends pack... Okay one, he's trans... But there's nothing wrong or less-than about an individual who does not pack for being true to self and enjoying the you and your sexuality as you see fit. Being authentic and true to self is what makes the butch...
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmennoir View Post

Elle*
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=3839

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #29
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Parker - You touched on something that I REALLY REALLY want to talk about and might go start a thread in the Red Zone about it.

I think that a lot of us were a party to some of the groundwork that was laid on the Dash that dictated that Butch = certain things and Femme = certain things.

I think it has really been pivotal to how some people have shaped their gender presentation and also some of the reason we keep having to have the circular conversation of what is good objectification and what is bad objectification.

In my mind there is a lot of gray area in the Butch/Femme dynamic and I think that people really worked to try to make it a black/white issue back then. Hence the "He" for Butches and "Femmes never pack" ideaology.

Thanks for this
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #30
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Just be the best you, you can be. The pack, like the clothes don't make the person.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #31
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Cool thread...I have packed, soft and hard. I may pack again, but I don't feel that packing is essential for me. If someone thought less of me based on whether I pack or not, they aren't really someone I need in my circle of friends. I wouldn't assume a butch has to pack, or dress in men's clothing, or wear a compression shirt (and so on) to be butch.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #32
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Hey y'all,
I'm not trying to de-rail here, but I would like a little clarification or enhancement of what I thought I understood. I thought packing, whatever way you choose to do it, happened during non-sex (like sitting around the house or going out for the evening or having lunch at the in-laws house.)
I understand you can hard pack or soft pack or not pack at all, and its all good.

I've thought myself round in a circle and lost track of what I wanted to say, maybe just simply this. Is it still called packing DURING sex? I've heard the phrase many time "butches who strap on" Is that what one calls it during sex?

Crap!... I'm embarrasing the hell out of myself. Could you just tell me what you mean by "packing"?

Very embarrassed smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #33
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hey y'all,
I'm not trying to de-rail here, but I would like a little clarification or enhancement of what I thought I understood. I thought packing, whatever way you choose to do it, happened during non-sex (like sitting around the house or going out for the evening or having lunch at the in-laws house.)
I understand you can hard pack or soft pack or not pack at all, and its all good.

I've thought myself round in a circle and lost track of what I wanted to say, maybe just simply this. Is it still called packing DURING sex? I've heard the phrase many time "butches who strap on" Is that what one calls it during sex?

Crap!... I'm embarrasing the hell out of myself. Could you just tell me what you mean by "packing"?

Keri
I'm not gonna portray myself as an expert but strapping and packing are different in my mind. I think of packing as creating a bulge that appears similar to a penis. Strapping (again, in my opinion) is one way of securing the bulge so you don't lose it on the dance floor. Strapping can also describe wearing a strap-on for sex. I have never thought of "packing" as related to sex, other than the fact that some people see the bulge and are ready to giddyup

Oh, and feel free to check out the packing thread(s) cuz I am sure they would be happy to answer questions. You are also welcome to PM me.

Last edited by Mel C.; 08-14-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: disclaimer
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #34
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

It would be nice to be able to have conversations about these kinds of things.

Is the Red Zone the place to have them? In my experience, the Red Zone perpetuates the circular conversation along with a lot of anger, emotion, hurt feelings and nastiness.

This, in turn, makes it harder for non-popular or non-dominant thoughts to be expressed. One has to decide if expressing an idea or opinion is worth the aggravation of doing so. It is also a peer pressure thing.

To be unpopularly blunt about it, we try our best to ignore or downplay the fact that the same masculine-feminine dynamics, the same internalized sexism/misogyny on both sides of the dynamic, which created and fuel the dichotomy in the first place, just get replicated in a Red Zone arena.

Thus, what could be a fruitful and exploratory conversation with lessons learned on all sides, becomes a monologue of many to reinforce the status quo.

Red Zone does make it easier for the mods tho.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #35
arcstriker
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sir
Relationship Status:
Married to Lisalysa

arcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputationarcstriker Has the BEST Reputation
Default Packing? Awkward!

Okay I am a cop...when I am asked if I am packing...forgive the "deer in the headlights" look you get! I just never know how to answer that question..."yes and no!" "yes and yes" or "no and yes"....tonight the answer is yes and no...I am home. Someone will figuer that one out!

waiting for Mrs Arcstriker to come home!
arcstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to arcstriker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #36
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I think it comes down to personal preference and in my mind there is no debating a personal choice. I'm weird like that.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #37
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hey y'all,

Keri
In my world not during sex, packing (hard, soft). During sex, strapping. A butch who "straps on", means that they participate in strap on sex.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Hey y'all,

Keri
Please dont be embarrassed - you're just being honest and it's a good question - not to mention the fact that if one person poses the question, odds are there are others who have the same question, they just havent asked it ... yet.

I believe that, generally, when one speaks of packing, they mean that they are wearing (for lack of a better term) something that resembles or approximates a penis or butch cock under their clothing, i.e., a Mr. Softie, which is a realistic looking and feeling cock that resembles a flaccid penis. These can be worn with or without a harness.

Even if one speaks of "packing for play," generally speaking again, they mean they are wearing a hard cock with their harness (strap-on) under their clothing because they anticipate using it at some point in the near future.

I say generally speaking because (a) I dont speak for all butches and (b) some people may use different terms for different things or actions or they may just toss it all into the same pot and call it packing.

But a lot of times, you can usually guess what someone is talking about based on the context of what they are saying - so if someone mentions packing and fucking at the same time, they probably mean they were using a hard cock and harness for sex.

Also - if I could sneak off topic for one second here ..... I wanted to let you know that when you add font, bold, color, size, etc to your posts, you dont have to do it for each separate paragraph - you can highlight the whole post at once and add your font, etc that way .... saves time and energy.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
Mrs Arcstriker
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her, she...female ones...
Relationship Status:
married to Arcstriker

Mrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST ReputationMrs Arcstriker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcstriker View Post
Okay I am a cop...when I am asked if I am packing...forgive the "deer in the headlights" look you get! I just never know how to answer that question..."yes and no!" "yes and yes" or "no and yes"....tonight the answer is yes and no...I am home. Someone will figuer that one out!

waiting for Mrs Arcstriker to come home!
Why Mr. Arcstriker...So this is what you do when you have two days off!

So are we talking "heat" or cock? If so, then I prefer Yes and Yes. The cock definitely turns me on, and the .40 cal. makes up for the height discrepency. (Or is it the other way around?)

(tippy-toeing out of the room now...)
Mrs Arcstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Arcstriker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #40
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i'm packing right now, for the Reunion! It's going to be a tight squeeze!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
dislike, packing