Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #41
lyric

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
quiet and content

lyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputationlyric Has the BEST Reputation

One of the single most stupid things I've ever done was go alone to a deserted showing of the re-release of "The Exorcist" (2004ish?). I had never seen it before, and it was definitely not the sort of thing to see alone. I spent the entire night by myself, scared to death in my little fully lit up house in the woods, in chat at the other site with familiar faces to distract myself from visions of Linda Blair crab-walking down my hallway...
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lyric For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #42
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I think "The Exorcist" is pretty damn scary but I have to say too that the first "Paranormal Activity" movie had me waking up for several nights to make sure someone wasn't creepily standing over me as I slept!
I agree with these two as scary. What about Blair Witch? These type of scary movies, the exorcism and paranormal things are more scary to me than the serial killer ones.. although there are some good ones out there. Halloween! The Saw movies are also some of the good gory ones!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #43
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not really into gore but I love a good thriller/ mind fuck film.

One of my still favorites is Angel Heart. I recall leaving the theatre and being absolutely sure I was going to somehow suffer for having watched the film. It also made Deniro a definite favorite actor.

A more recent "fun but nuts to watch in big dark house alone" flick is The Strangers with Liv Tyler. I think I may have checked the door locks four times... closets.. under bed.. lmao.. exxxxhilllerating!!

Another favorite is Silent Hill.

Fun thread!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #44
txdoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Wrangled

txdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputation

I don't remember the name, but out was one of a trilogy of short films. There was some kind of little doll that came to life. I watched it when i was very young. The kid drops the doll and it rolls under the couch and when she reaches for it, without looking of course, it stabs her hand. Since then I've lived by the three d's...I don't do dolls!
txdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to txdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #45
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdoc View Post
I don't remember the name, but out was one of a trilogy of short films. There was some kind of little doll that came to life. I watched it when i was very young. The kid drops the doll and it rolls under the couch and when she reaches for it, without looking of course, it stabs her hand. Since then I've lived by the three d's...I don't do dolls!
trilogy of terror

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #46
txdoc
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Wrangled

txdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputationtxdoc Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
trilogy of terror
Ding thing, ding...that's it!
txdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #47
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,155 Times in 3,018 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I love scary movies. My friends always say it must be an alter ego for me because it's so counter to everything else about me.

I've seen every Friday the 13th and Halloween, including recent remakes. Love them. Bored now with the old ones but will watch again once I've had a couple years off. I liked the Halloween remake that came out 3 or 4 years ago where they got into the psychology of Mike Myers.

Saw, I liked the first two, then it just got a little ridiculous with the gore. Same with Hostel. Though the only time I saw Hostel I it was a bootleg copy and hard to see. Hostel II was just too gory and nothing plot worthy was happening around it after 20 minutes so I didn't finish.

Paranormal activity. I saw the first two. I liked the beginnings and ends but the middles got boring.

Silence of the Lambs. That's one that almost killed me as a teen. I can watch it now just fine, but I remember watching it in the theater and hiding under my seat afraid to tell my friends that I was afraid I was going to have a heart attack I was so scared. The same thing happened with Jacob's Ladder around that same time period.

I used to watch some movie with my BFF when we were teens about some guy who dissected live people or preserved dead people in his basement or something. No clue what that was called? It was really gross. Not sure what that phase of my life was about.

The Descent- That was freaky. Especially the first one. I felt like I couldn't breath. The whole being in the dark underground and in those small tunnels! yes, scary, very uncomfortable.

Jeepers Creepers. I loved it up until the end when he turned into that alien thing. But freaky yes and kept me singing that jeepers creepers song for weeks. I call all raggidy big trucks "beatingyou" trucks because of that movie.

Blaire Witch. Okay, when that came out it was during one of the small periods in my life when I had a television. The previews scared the hell out of me. If I was watching TV at night and a preview came on I'd have to turn on every light in the house and sleep on the couch. It made me so scared I was mad at it, and it takes a lot to get me mad. Then I went to watch the movie and almost fell asleep half way through it. Didn't do it for me. Maybe my expectations were too high.

The Strangers. That's a cool creepy suspenseful movie. A little slow but just well paced enough to keep you going.

Could not do The Hills Have eyes, not after the first 20 minutes. I don't go there. Nope.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #48
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Great Thread!

I've been a horror movie fan since before I should have been watching horror movies.

Halloween (1978) is my all-time favorite. There's just something about the atmosphere in that movie that gets me every time. It is SO well filmed.

The Strangers - This movie terrified me. I've seen it four times and I still get the willies because it's so realistic. You could picture this actually happening. The suspense was overwhelming.

The Descent - I actually screamed out loud watching this one a couple of Halloween's ago. Terrifying.

Blair Witch Project - I saw this when it first came out and could not sleep that night without my light, my TV, and the radio on. lol!

The Ring - The crawling thing just...no. *shudders*

Vacancy - Pretty good creep-fest with a boring ending.

Psycho - A classic. I love Hitchcock.

I love thriller, horror, suspense but I will not go near torture movies so anything like "Saw" and "Hotel", I won't touch with a 10-foot pole!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

I seem to like movies that not many other people have ever heard of, here two of my favourites (and I must add here, I don't scare easily after watching An American Werewolf in London at the age of 5 and having nightmares for 6 months after);

Switchblade Romance/High Tension - A french horror
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

Triangle with Melissa George.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1187064/

Silent Hill's another favourite of mine too!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #50
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I don't care if it's somewhat dated, The Excorcist still scares the crap out of me, even 30 years after the first time I saw it. I can't even watch clips of it now.

Witchboard (from the 80's) scared me and I still think it holds up.

Some movies like The Hills Have Eyes I find to be quite psychologically disturbing, but not scary. I'm uncomfortable in the same way I would be watching any rape scene, but I don't consider it "horror" or "scary."

Honestly, I'm trying to remember the last movie that actually "scared" me (as opposed to startled me- by things jumping out of closets and such), and I can't remember when! It's been THAT long! Edited to add: Final Destination actually did scare me . Edited to add even more: Ok, now that I said I can't remember, I remember! Signs (with Mel Gibson) scared and fascinated me!

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley

Last edited by QueenofSmirks; 11-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #51
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Add one more to the list: The Amityville Horror. The music alone freaks me out!

Love the other references to The Omen and Audrey Rose.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #52
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
The original B&W Night of the Living Dead still scares me.

I can watch Dawn of the Dead and other Zombie movies in color but they do not scare me like the orginal does.
Best zombie movie ever: 28 Days Later. Extra props/kudos for it being an independent, low budget film!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #53
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

There were so many great, scary movies when I was younger:

Phantasm
The Changeling (still a great movie, with George C. Scott)
The Sentinal
Rosemary's Baby
Jaws - I was an avid swimmer, and scared of my own pool after that. LOL
The Shining- possible the only screen play of Stephen King horror novels that did it any justice
John Carpenter's The Thing - which I still love today
Cat People

I'm sure there are many more!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #54
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofSmirks View Post
Honestly, I'm trying to remember the last movie that actually "scared" me (as opposed to startled me- by things jumping out of closets and such), and I can't remember when! It's been THAT long! Edited to add: Final Destination actually did scare me . Edited to add even more: Ok, now that I said I can't remember, I remember! Signs (with Mel Gibson) scared and fascinated me!
I actually like the Final Destination series, as well as the Nightmare on Elm Street series. If the movie mixes scare with humor, I can tolerate it. If not, I can't. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't get startled by stuff, but I feel fear from these movies.

Oh! There was a movie I watched when I shouldn't have eons ago, that was about a monster baby that killed pretty much everyone. I think it was called It Lives or something.

Nope. It's Alive.

See the clip @ 5:45.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #55
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I actually like the Final Destination series, as well as the Nightmare on Elm Street series. If the movie mixes scare with humor, I can tolerate it. If not, I can't. Now, that doesn't mean that I don't get startled by stuff, but I feel fear from these movies.

Oh! There was a movie I watched when I shouldn't have eons ago, that was about a monster baby that killed pretty much everyone. I think it was called It Lives or something.

Nope. It's Alive.

My sister and I went to to see the first Final Destination. My son and I went to see the fifth. When the last scene started, as soon as he spoke to the stewardess, realization hit and I found my ultimate fave film series.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #56
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a huge fan of horror movies, books, miniseries...you name it. And I've never seen a movie that actually scared me. I do have a morbid fascination with "Jaws" and "Open Water" because I have a irrational fear of sharks and these two movies are my worst nightmares come to life.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #57
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Nope. It's Alive.

See the clip @ 5:45.
Oh, I remember It's Alive very well!

Which also brought to mind: Demon Seed
Embryo
Coma (still a fav of mine!)
Saturn 3 (a sci-fi thriller)

The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #58
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Given that Hallowe'en is just around the corner..

Not really scary but visually well done I'd recommend Nightwatch and Daywatch. These Russian films (with the wildest subtitles I've ever seen) are really well done and have a flavour that seems similar to Resident Evil with some dark humour thrown in.

For horror/scary, lately I did finally check out some of the Saw movies. Seriously, however, after the first couple the point was made. I started watching VII but couldn't finish it. We did finally check out Jaws. Now that is some good scary stuff there! It's all about the mind-mess, IMO.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #59
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. I am terrified of them but can't seem to stay away from them.

I watched the Exorcist not too long ago, again. It's been awhile and honestly i thought "oh it won't be that scary now". It wasn't too scary until...

That chick comes down them steps doing a back-bend with her eyes all bugged out. I thought i would really loose it. I even lost feeling in my arms and legs.

Still, to this day, scary stuff. Gotta love it though.

Another one that comes to mind is the Shinning. That crazy looking Jack Nicholson is enough to send anyone over the edge.

princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #60
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

jaws. i went to the theater to see. 11 or 12 maybe? i can't remember when it originally came out. when jaws jumps at the screen, i devoured that snickers bar, ... and then wondered where it went.

the exorcist has a very evil presence about it. i haven't watched in many years.

the devils advocate.

candyman.

the silence of the lambs. this one has an evil presence too.

i don't watch scary movies anymore. i'm just a big o scaredee cat. other than the silence of the lambs and devils advocate. but they're not horror movies lol. those 2 i can watch over and over.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote