Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 08-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #501
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I got a recipe off Pinterest awhile ago for Crack Slaw and I'm going to make some tonight. I love it but my spouse does not, so she can have leftovers!

How'd this come out?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #502
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Where is Jesse??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'on't know, but I'll be glad when him and Sadie return.

He dropped a note on my visitor page a couple of weeks ago to say he is fine (thank goodness) and is just taking a break.

Gay, I would love the recipe for the crack slaw. The name alone is awesome.

Can you post it?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #503
hopelessromantic69

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
all male
Relationship Status:
Single but unavailable

hopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputation

If no one has mentioned this website yet...Spark people is free and they have some really awesome recipes.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:57 AM   #504
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
He dropped a note on my visitor page a couple of weeks ago to say he is fine (thank goodness) and is just taking a break.

Gay, I would love the recipe for the crack slaw. The name alone is awesome.

Can you post it?

If I can figure out how to do it I sure will!! I'm on my iPhone, I don't have a computer. If I can't do it I will just type it all out for you! It's really good and lowcarb so I can have seconds with no guilt!
Old 08-02-2017, 09:00 AM   #505
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopelessromantic69 View Post
If no one has mentioned this website yet...Spark people is free and they have some really awesome recipes.
Thanks for mentioning this website. It looks nice, though I haven't had a chance to check it out—will do that this weekend.

Here's a link in case others want to check it out. Thanks again.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2017, 03:20 AM   #506
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

last night i had ground turkey and brussel sprouts.

With sticking under 20 carbs a day or there abouts, brussel sprouts are a bit high but i think i was still under 20 for the day.

There is a great carb counter app that is so easy to use...its called

"Click Counter"

This lifestyle is perfect for someone like me who doesn't eat a whole lot, so when i do, i make it count.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 07:40 AM   #507
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Thanks for mentioning this website. It looks nice, though I haven't had a chance to check it out—will do that this weekend.

Here's a link in case others want to check it out. Thanks again.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/

I love this site, i was a member at one time. I already belong to several weight loss/keto groups but whats one more?

I am feeling i need more structure so will adjust accordingly.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2017, 04:52 AM   #508
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

ok i had good reason to but i blew my keto with bread this weekend. i am sure there is a weight gain

jumping back in to under 20 carbs today.

i have pork for lunch and wings for dinner, i’ll throw in some veggies.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2017, 10:54 PM   #509
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
ok i had good reason to but i blew my keto with bread this weekend. i am sure there is a weight gain

jumping back in to under 20 carbs today.

i have pork for lunch and wings for dinner, i’ll throw in some veggies.

I suggest you go to atkins.com and look at their recipes.
They have some bread recipes you can make, which are low carb. Also google 'muffin in a minute' recipe. It's yummy and made in a coffee cup..and ready to eat within a few minutes! It uses ground flax in place of flour and has just a couple of carbs. You can add cinnamon to it, and ice it with low carb icing if you like.

At Thanksgiving, I took all my side dishes with me to a gathering.. made my cranberry sauce and for dressing I used muffin in a minute (I added herbs before cooking), wild salad greens with dressing, Hershey's dark chocolate miniatures (sugar-free) .. and my dinner had 6 carbs!

Walden Farms makes jams and preserves with no carbs..
Look online for Atkins bread that's a loaf of bread, made with coconut flour.. just a few carbs per slice.

I'm writing this so you know you have choices, and muffin in a minute will fill your desire for bread within a few minutes cooking time. I hope this helps.

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 07:18 AM   #510
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah* View Post
I suggest you go to atkins.com and look at their recipes.
They have some bread recipes you can make, which are low carb. Also google 'muffin in a minute' recipe. It's yummy and made in a coffee cup..and ready to eat within a few minutes! It uses ground flax in place of flour and has just a couple of carbs. You can add cinnamon to it, and ice it with low carb icing if you like.

At Thanksgiving, I took all my side dishes with me to a gathering.. made my cranberry sauce and for dressing I used muffin in a minute (I added herbs before cooking), wild salad greens with dressing, Hershey's dark chocolate miniatures (sugar-free) .. and my dinner had 6 carbs!

Walden Farms makes jams and preserves with no carbs..
Look online for Atkins bread that's a loaf of bread, made with coconut flour.. just a few carbs per slice.

I'm writing this so you know you have choices, and muffin in a minute will fill your desire for bread within a few minutes cooking time. I hope this helps.

Deborah

thank you Deborah, i found some low card wraps - 5 carbs, that i cut in half and throw stuff in.

i’ll look into the muffin idea, i do like muffins.

i’m trying to lose a few pounds now so i really want all my carbs to come from meat and veggies, but it does get boring.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:26 AM   #511
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

So good to see this thread resurrected!

I fell off the low carb wagon a few months ago. My nemesis: bread.

I can't touch the stuff.

I did strictly low carb for over a year and did great keeping off the weight that I lost in the hospital.

Well, until I told myself I could eat bread again, that is.

I really can't even have low carb wraps or cloud bread. I can't make all the low carb sweets either. Pinterest is chock full of keto/low carb recipes for meals. I will post the next one I try.

I am sticking to lots of meat, lots of cauliflower and broccoli in different types of recipes (many from this thread) and other low carb healthy options.

The miracle of low carb/keto diets is that it is not painful to lose weight! No hunger!

Anyway, I have to be on steroids for my medical diagnosis and I feared I would never lose another pound but sticking to low carb strictly this month, I have lost almost 5 pounds. It truly is nothing short of a miracle to me for a multitude of reasons.

My cholesterol had inched up a little after I got back on the carb train, so this will help that, too. My triglycerides stayed very low and HDL high, so not too much work.

Thanks to everyone that posts awesome recipes here.

PS: Jessie! Come back!!!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 02:07 PM   #512
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

thank you Deborah, i found some low card wraps - 5 carbs, that i cut in half and throw stuff in.

i’ll look into the muffin idea, i do like muffins.

i’m trying to lose a few pounds now so i really want all my carbs to come from meat and veggies, but it does get boring.
It doesn't have to be boring.. I make all sorts of things, large variety.
Truly you should go to atkins.com and check out the recipes.. also, there's au.atkins.com which is Australia's Atkins website.. has a lovely fish pie recipe.

I enjoy the Australian website, but sometimes have difficulty with measurements.. then I write down every ingredient & make the recipe revisions to please myself.

Deborah
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #513
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah* View Post
It doesn't have to be boring.. I make all sorts of things, large variety.
Truly you should go to atkins.com and check out the recipes.. also, there's au.atkins.com which is Australia's Atkins website.. has a lovely fish pie recipe.

I enjoy the Australian website, but sometimes have difficulty with measurements.. then I write down every ingredient & make the recipe revisions to please myself.

Deborah

i am a big fan of Atkins and did atkins many times to lose weight, before low carb became a thing. i am just into simple recipes, and i don’t have a microwave.

Atkins was a big believer in no processed foods, so since his death they have done nothing but make processed foods in his name.

i am a meat and veggies person so i stick to that, but i get lazy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 04:10 PM   #514
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Quote:

i am a big fan of Atkins and did atkins many times to lose weight, before low carb became a thing. i am just into simple recipes, and i don’t have a microwave.

Atkins was a big believer in no processed foods, so since his death they have done nothing but make processed foods in his name.

i am a meat and veggies person so i stick to that, but i get lazy.
Okay, but you might find some brilliant recipes at that website.. or some ideas for your mind of things you may want to try. If you want to take a look or not, it's all okay and up to you.

Deborah
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 09:17 PM   #515
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I found a real easy recipe on a lowcarb website and made it today. It came out good! If anybody is interested: 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Jar of salsa
Brick of cream cheese
You just throw the chicken in the crockpot, thawed or frozen is fine. Mine were frozen solid straight out the freezer! Pour the jar of salsa over top and cook on low for at least 6 hours. Then put the brick of cream cheese in and turn up on high for a half hour or until all melted. Took a bit longer for mine to melt but my sister said if I had took the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften first, it would have worked better. Anyways, when it was done I shredded the chicken up right in the crockpot and served it to my spouse on a roll. I had mine just on a plate. I liked it a lot!! Went back for seconds!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:20 PM   #516
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Another one I’m gonna try next week (I’m working all weekend) is a simple one for cabbage and Libby’s canned corn beef. I’ll post how it turns out.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:45 AM   #517
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

***Peeking in to say hello and to let you all know it makes my heart happy that you all are posting in this thread!**

I have a few new recipes, some of which are my own that I will share when I get a moment to type them up. They are all Ketogenic recipes though because I am totally Keto (under 20 carbs daily) now. That said, I still have a few Paleo/lo carb recipes tucked away I can share if anyone follows that way of instead.

Later-
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 06:32 AM   #518
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
I found a real easy recipe on a lowcarb website and made it today. It came out good! If anybody is interested: 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Jar of salsa
Brick of cream cheese
You just throw the chicken in the crockpot, thawed or frozen is fine. Mine were frozen solid straight out the freezer! Pour the jar of salsa over top and cook on low for at least 6 hours. Then put the brick of cream cheese in and turn up on high for a half hour or until all melted. Took a bit longer for mine to melt but my sister said if I had took the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften first, it would have worked better. Anyways, when it was done I shredded the chicken up right in the crockpot and served it to my spouse on a roll. I had mine just on a plate. I liked it a lot!! Went back for seconds!
This is very similar to the salsa chicken i make. Throw in chicken and pour salsa over it. i sometimes add celery and whatever to it, but its amazing. i had not thought about cream cheese!.

Also be careful with cooking in a crock pot, the meat can stay at the *spoiling* temperature for too long with such low heat.

i tend to get nervous and cook mine almost all the way before throwing in crock pot for a few hours.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 06:34 AM   #519
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
***Peeking in to say hello and to let you all know it makes my heart happy that you all are posting in this thread!**

I have a few new recipes, some of which are my own that I will share when I get a moment to type them up. They are all Ketogenic recipes though because I am totally Keto (under 20 carbs daily) now. That said, I still have a few Paleo/lo carb recipes tucked away I can share if anyone follows that way of instead.

Later-
i know i feel much better when under 20 a day, but i tend to do too few and i think thats a problem.

i am also suffering with foot cramps big time. i know it’s a side effect but last night was the worst i’ve ever had. i take the supplements that normally take care of it, but they aren’t working. i’ll call my doc on Monday to see what she suggests.

anyone else deal with that?
Old 01-06-2018, 06:36 AM   #520
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

One thing i enjoy when i do make them is Salmon Cakes. You can google Low Carb Salmon Cakes and there are a ton of variations but it’s simple and they are very very good!

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo