Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #81
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

I recently discovered the Atkins line of frozen meals...they've got them at the WalMart by my home. And they're actually pretty good. Price averages $3.75. Calories range from 320 - 360 and net carbs average 7.

I'm not following the Atkins plan but these work well within the food plan my doctor has me on.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #82
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
I recently discovered the Atkins line of frozen meals...they've got them at the WalMart by my home. And they're actually pretty good. Price averages $3.75. Calories range from 320 - 360 and net carbs average 7.

I'm not following the Atkins plan but these work well within the food plan my doctor has me on.
I'll certainly have to check into that for myself. I need to eat much better and have a different variety of foods too. This might work out really well for me.
I am steadily doing my treadmill walking. I walked at high fast pace today for an hour and the treadmill stopped dead, it cut off on me. I guess the motor got to hot. LOL I let it cool off and it's working again. It's used so I am just glad I have it . I just hope I don't burn it up, it belongs to my mom. LOL
I am going to check into getting myself one this summer. Maybe I can find a really good one for a good price. I don't mind using it at all because on days like today, it is cold and raining so I can still do my walking everyday.
I am really glad this thread was starting, I"m subscribed to it now. And thanks to everyone that has input and shares recipes and info.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #83
Joe Mario

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'He' will be fine.
Relationship Status:
happily involved

Joe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST Reputation

Lean, grass-fed (non-corn fed) beef, turkey and free-range/ organic eggs & chicken are some of my protein choices. Always up for vegetable proteins!

Ciao,
~Joe Mario
Joe Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe Mario For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #84
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I use to live on the Adkins meal plans for years,I kept my weight at a healthy 120,if I got hungry it was because I didnt eat when I should have.Recently I went fishing/crawfishing so my fridge is full of high protien fish.I went through the cabnets today to check out on how much did I need to fill item back up with low carb or no carbs foods then discovered i'm not far off the mark.I do have things like noodles/rice/potatoes as wellas some fresh corn on the cob I put up this weekend as my son dose not need to join me on this quest so I can fix it for him.I already use natures own no sugar bread it is 50 calories and 12 carbs a slice,tomorrow I will add to my stash of frozen veggies as wellas eggs and cheese.I'm going to do my best to keep all my meals as close to zero carbs for the next month,I already check my blood sugar and have a bp wrist cuff to keep a check on that.For exersise I have redone all my exersise equipment plus added a new ellipitical thats an ass killer of a workout.This weight has got to become something that has a healthy reasonable amount,I weighed this morning at 252 and want to lose atleast 50 pounds...200 was always my goal hopefully I can get to it,if I lose more great.I am reading up on some of the recipes posted hear they will be a plus for my meal plan because real people are useing them wich helps a lot.My biggest problem is my thyroids and hormones have been way off tho I am takeing meds to fix that so they are improveing bit by bit,new lab work last week says i'm doing better.Onething about adkins meal plan if you dont feel u are getting enough adding fue carbs slowly to keep things balances is o.k.I shure hope this works I am as commited as I have ever been.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #85
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
I use to live on the Adkins meal plans for years,I kept my weight at a healthy 120,if I got hungry it was because I didnt eat when I should have.Recently I went fishing/crawfishing so my fridge is full of high protien fish.I went through the cabnets today to check out on how much did I need to fill item back up with low carb or no carbs foods then discovered i'm not far off the mark.I do have things like noodles/rice/potatoes as wellas some fresh corn on the cob I put up this weekend as my son dose not need to join me on this quest so I can fix it for him.I already use natures own no sugar bread it is 50 calories and 12 carbs a slice,tomorrow I will add to my stash of frozen veggies as wellas eggs and cheese.I'm going to do my best to keep all my meals as close to zero carbs for the next month,I already check my blood sugar and have a bp wrist cuff to keep a check on that.For exersise I have redone all my exersise equipment plus added a new ellipitical thats an ass killer of a workout.This weight has got to become something that has a healthy reasonable amount,I weighed this morning at 252 and want to lose atleast 50 pounds...200 was always my goal hopefully I can get to it,if I lose more great.I am reading up on some of the recipes posted hear they will be a plus for my meal plan because real people are useing them wich helps a lot.My biggest problem is my thyroids and hormones have been way off tho I am takeing meds to fix that so they are improveing bit by bit,new lab work last week says i'm doing better.Onething about adkins meal plan if you dont feel u are getting enough adding fue carbs slowly to keep things balances is o.k.I shure hope this works I am as commited as I have ever been.
Sounds like you have a great start! If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, regarding the no carb thing. If you discover you are having a difficult time going off carbs altogether, try doing to 30-45 carbs a day, maybe 45 at first and work down to 30. Or, some people even do a carb cycle like, 2 low carb days, then a NO carb day, then a high carb day. Just be sure to boost your protein up on low/no carb days. When folks tend to get into trouble with this is when they drop the carbs and do not do a high enough purine protein intake and do not increase their nutrients by other means. Anytime one aims to eat zero carbs for more than a small length of time, it is going to seriously restrict the range of nutrients you can eat, and generally is considered not a good idea. Yes, the person can and likely will lose weight this way, but not necessarily a healthy thing for the inner workings of the body. Good luck and please let us know it this goes for you.

This is not to be considered medical advice, rather, friendly community information being passed on.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #86
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jesse

Thanks for the sugestion on carbs,I did manage to get thrue the day with only 40 carbs for the day,that came from one small apple for a snack then some cottage cheese with a tomato for lunch.At dinner I had a tablespoon full of mashed taters to go withe the meatloaf I made,I also had a nice salad to go with it.I also have plenty of cut up chunky veggies to chew on if I need to as well as hard boiled eggs.One of my pool buddies had a dehydrator she is giveing me so I can make me some jerky,my biggest problem with any food plan is I get to just want to chew on something...i'm not hungry just fidgitty I would chew gum but it stiks to my upper plate no matter what I try.
Working out really takes the edge off the fidgets,I have a new ellipitical machine so i'm just starting to use it..it is an ass kicker my leggs feel like jello not to mention the places I never thought it would effect.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #87
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Oh man, I love my dehydrator! I buy sliced baby Portabello mushrooms and dehydrate them into yummy crunchy little snacks. 2.5 carbs for 3 oz which is almost half a container, plus they are loaded with vitamin D. I don't eat that much at one sitting. If you like shrooms try them. You can also thinly slice turkey, chicken, shrimp... what have you and dry it in there as well for protein snacks. My green leafy carb that I also have on hand is raw spinach and I dehydrate that until it is crunchy, stick it in a glass jar with a screw on lid and store it in the cupboard, anytime I need a quick veggie that won't mess with my carb load much I toss a few leaves of that in what ever I am cooking or just reconstitute it. Or you can grind it into a powder and add it to soups or a smoothie, if you aren't really a lover of the taste of it. Spinach is one of those plants that even though it does have carbs, they are so wrapped in fiber, that it has a very low impact on blood glucose levels. So in the lo-carb world, it is considered a free food when it comes to carbs, and remember, 6 cups of raw spinach cooks down to only one cup. You will find lots of lo-carb recipes online for it. Cabbage is another lo-carb veggie having less than 5 grams of carbs and only 22 calories for one cup of cabbage, this goes of course for raw or cooked. I use it a lot to make a Thai Chicken Salad with.

Oops, did not mean to write a book, I just love both my dehydrator and my big ol pressure cooker. Most of all, be good to yourself, and have fun!
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #88
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Oh man, I love my dehydrator! I buy sliced baby Portabello mushrooms and dehydrate them into yummy crunchy little snacks. 2.5 carbs for 3 oz which is almost half a container, plus they are loaded with vitamin D. I don't eat that much at one sitting. If you like shrooms try them. You can also thinly slice turkey, chicken, shrimp... what have you and dry it in there as well for protein snacks. My green leafy carb that I also have on hand is raw spinach and I dehydrate that until it is crunchy, stick it in a glass jar with a screw on lid and store it in the cupboard, anytime I need a quick veggie that won't mess with my carb load much I toss a few leaves of that in what ever I am cooking or just reconstitute it. Or you can grind it into a powder and add it to soups or a smoothie, if you aren't really a lover of the taste of it. Spinach is one of those plants that even though it does have carbs, they are so wrapped in fiber, that it has a very low impact on blood glucose levels. So in the lo-carb world, it is considered a free food when it comes to carbs, and remember, 6 cups of raw spinach cooks down to only one cup. You will find lots of lo-carb recipes online for it. Cabbage is another lo-carb veggie having less than 5 grams of carbs and only 22 calories for one cup of cabbage, this goes of course for raw or cooked. I use it a lot to make a Thai Chicken Salad with.

Oops, did not mean to write a book, I just love both my dehydrator and my big ol pressure cooker. Most of all, be good to yourself, and have fun!

I do love mushrooms,I put them in about anything I have te slitest idea it will go with,u canbet I will use some in the dehydrator.I eat lots of salads and use the 50/50 spring mix it has lots of spinich in it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #89
Sweetfeme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, Princess ...lol
Relationship Status:
~ On Hiatus ~

Sweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST ReputationSweetfeme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great Thread..

Hi All,

I have recently changed my diet completey and that means No Sugar,No Wheat and mostly No Meat. I avoid meats and all processed oils.
I know that this way of eating is working for me because I have alot more energy, I actually feel my hunger now and best of all I am losing weight.
The only thing is I am looking for high meatless protein meals that are not processed/fake meats or full of soduim.
Also I think beans are a complex carb so I eat alot of them, as well as fresh/canned fish, eggs, cottage cheese, tofu, greek yougurt with my veggies.
Thanks for the reminder about the cabbage & spinach. I'll be heading out tomorrow to pick up two big heads.
Any suggestions are helpful, Thanks
Sweetfeme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweetfeme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #90
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Avocado and cucumber salad !!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #91
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

LOOK

Do you use any of these to cook with? I do. I cook with ghee and coconut oil. and I'm starting to cook more with butter --

What about you?
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #92
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I also cook with coconut oil, but do use grass fed butter on occasion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #93
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Follow this link to a recipe for YUM + Good for you + No Cook bars! Great to make up a tray and keep in the freezer for when you want a sweet snack without all of the crazy stuff in it.

This site, Stupid Easy Paleo also has lots of other recipes for those of us who follow a Paleo eating plan, as well as a few other eating plans.

P.S. I add unsweetened shredded coconut to my bars most of the time.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #94
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Very similar to the Larabar -- I bet you could add other flavours instead of orange/cacao. What kind of nuts do you use??
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #95
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

It is similar to the Lara bar, but I think it tastes better...maybe because I love the orange with the coconut added. I use the nuts that are in the house (unless they are company! Lol!), which is usually almonds and walnuts, or pecans even.

How are you doing with the Paleo? Any new awesome recipes to share?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #96
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

I have a few-- but I'll share more later this weekend. Its time for bed-- early start tomorrow to farmers market.

It's going good-- I've slipped a few times eating a grain or two, but its getting easier to realize what is and isn't Paleo. I thought I would have a hard time with making dinners, but really my issue is breakfast. I always usually ate the same thing but I just can't seem to get the breakfast issue down yet. Any suggestions?

I have found an excellent recipe for "cereal" which I cannot wait to try-- its a nut base with coconut. Let me go find it-- http://jennsraq.com/2013/07/paleo-cereal.html. I can't always eat eggs everyday, doesn't matter how I prepare them, by day 3 I'm done for the week.

I'm not sure if I'm 100 percent Paleo but that's okay-- I'm doing my best. and Karla she's doing pretty good too. Its been harder for her, I think. She misses her bread and other treats. My one thing I really miss is pizza-- <sigh>

I haven't tried any of these yet-- but its a great idea.

http://hollywouldifshecould.net/2011...ckpot-recipes/

and here are a few links-- I've been looking at

http://paleospirit.com/2013/paleo-banana-pancakes/ (going to attempt these this weekend)

and if you haven't seen this gal's web page you should--

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/39832097...sian-meatballs

Okay, more later--night, night.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #97
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Good links AHK!

Here is a cool pic that may help those who are new to Paleo.

P.S. I just saw the part about the sweet potato and disagree with that. Eat the sweet potato if you want it, but limit your intake of it IF you are intentionally trying to drop a few pounds.

Image removed!

Last edited by Medusa; 08-20-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Sweet potato saying
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #98
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,772 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

"Don't eat unless you are skinny"???

WTH???

That doesn't feel helpful to me. Skinny doesn't equate healthy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #99
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
"Don't eat unless you are skinny"???

WTH???

That doesn't feel helpful to me. Skinny doesn't equate healthy.
I didn't like it either, which is why I put a statement in the post about it. If it is creating issues for people then I will ask admin to remove it.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #100
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i don't understand the chart!!!!!

i have had ONE tiny piece of bread/bread product in over a month.

NO sugar except for a little in the milk i put in coffee a couple times a day.

i feel /see no difference in getting these few pounds off.

//discouraged
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo