Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Representative Cori Anika Bush, an American politician, registered nurse, pastor, and Black Lives Matter activist serving as the U.S. Representative for Missouri's 1st congressional district, testified before the House Committee on Oversight and Reform about getting an abortion after surviving a rape. Credit: Whitney Curtis for The New York Times
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2021, 04:12 AM   #22102
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Californians Try Hard to Pronounce Michigan Cities| Pure Michigan

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2021, 05:42 AM   #22103
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Randomly Posting Stuff...

PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2021, 07:59 PM   #22104
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Randomly posting cause you feel like it.

If I get a new partner I promise her I will take her to France. (will only take an hour lol)
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2021, 04:26 AM   #22105
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Randomly posting stuff cause you feel like it

I wish to say once and for all, do NOT post your own opinion if it differs in any way from the group. I am not surprised that many have stopped posting as unless it is a joke or what you had for dinner do not go beyond that. Eventually someone will pick you out to criticize you. Forget it.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:02 AM   #22106
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Dave Chappelle’s Brittle Ego

Dave Chappelle’s Brittle Ego by Roxane Gay

Ms. Gay, a contributing New York Times Opinion writer, is the editor of “The Selected Works of Audre Lorde” and the author of the memoir “Hunger,” among other books.

Credit: Art Streiber

We generally have the same debates about comedy over and over. Let’s address those upfront: Art should be made without restriction. Free speech reigns supreme. Sometimes good art should make us uncomfortable, and sometimes bad people can make good art. Comedians, in particular, are going to punch up and down and side-to-side.

Also true: Comedy is not above criticism, even if the most famous, wildly wealthy comedians will keep insulting those who question them. It’s just laughs, right? Lighten up. All criticism is forestalled with this setup, in which when you object to anything a comedian says, you’re the problem. You’re the one who’s narrow-minded or “brittle” or humorless.

“Shut up,” Dave Chappelle recalls telling a woman who had the gall to challenge his comedy, using a sexist slur and laughing at how witty he is, as if he’s the first man to ever deliver such an original, funny line. “Before I kill you and put you in the trunk. Ain’t nobody around here.” The audience cheers, before Mr. Chappelle explains that he didn’t in fact threaten the woman: “I felt that way, but that’s not what I said. I was more clever than that.”

Mr. Chappelle spends much of “The Closer,” his latest comedy special for Netflix, cleverly deflecting criticism. The set is a 72-minute display of the comedian’s own brittleness. The self-proclaimed “GOAT” (greatest of all time) of stand-up delivers five or six lucid moments of brilliance, surrounded by a joyless tirade of incoherent and seething rage, misogyny, homophobia and transphobia.

If there is brilliance in “The Closer,” it’s that Mr. Chappelle makes obvious but elegant rhetorical moves that frame any objections to his work as unreasonable. He’s just being “brutally honest.” He’s just saying the quiet part out loud. He’s just stating “facts.” He’s just making us think. But when an entire comedy set is designed as a series of strategic moves to say whatever you want and insulate yourself from valid criticism, I’m not sure you’re really making comedy.

Throughout the special, Mr. Chappelle is singularly fixated on the L.G.B.T.Q. community, as he has been in recent years. He reaches for every low-hanging piece of fruit and munches on it gratuitously. Many of Mr. Chappelle’s rants are extraordinarily dated, the kind of comedy you might expect from a conservative boomer, agog at the idea of homosexuality. At times, his voice lowers to a hoarse whisper, preparing us for a grand stroke of wisdom — but it never comes. Every once in a while, he remarks that, oh, boy, he’s in trouble now, like a mischievous little boy who just can’t help himself.

Somewhere, buried in the nonsense, is an interesting and accurate observation about the white gay community conveniently being able to claim whiteness at will. There’s a compelling observation about the relatively significant progress the L.G.B.T.Q. community has made, while progress toward racial equity has been much slower. But in these formulations, there are no gay Black people. Mr. Chappelle pits people from different marginalized groups against one another, callously suggesting that trans people are performing the gender equivalent of blackface.

In the next breath, Mr. Chappelle says something about how a Black gay person would never exhibit the behaviors to which he objects, an assertion many would dispute. The poet Saeed Jones, for example, wrote in GQ that watching “The Closer” felt like a betrayal: “I felt like I’d just been stabbed by someone I once admired and now he was demanding that I stop bleeding.”

Later in the show, Mr. Chappelle offers rambling thoughts on feminism using a Webster’s Dictionary definition, further exemplifying how limited his reading is. He makes a tired, tired joke about how he thought “feminist” meant “frumpy dyke” — and hey, I get it. If I were on his radar, he would consider me a frumpy dyke, or worse. (Some may consider that estimation accurate. Fortunately my wife doesn’t.) Then in another of those rare moments of lucidity, Mr. Chappelle talks about mainstream feminism’s historical racism. Just when you’re thinking he is going to right the ship, he starts ranting incoherently about #MeToo. I couldn’t tell you what his point was there.

This is a faded simulacrum of the once-great comedian, who now uses his significant platform to air grievances against the great many people he holds in contempt, while deftly avoiding any accountability. If we don’t like his routine, the message is, we are the problem, not him.

This toxic performance crescendos when Mr. Chappelle shares a heartbreaking story about his trans friend Daphne Dorman, a comedian, who died by suicide — suggesting that if she was fine with his comedy, how dare anyone else have a problem? The story is bittersweet and sometimes funny, and then it is tragic, and the worst part is that Mr. Chappelle is clearly so very pleased with himself when he gets to the punchline. He thinks he has won an argument when really, he is exploiting the death of a friend. For comedy. Of course, we don’t know Ms. Dorman at all; pushing back against this portrayal twists us in an impossible bind. Once more, Mr. Chappelle forestalls any resistance.

One of the strangest but most telling moments in “The Closer” is when Mr. Chappelle defends DaBaby, a rapper in the news for making pretty egregious homophobic remarks, and his fellow comedian Kevin Hart, who once lost an Oscars hosting gig for … making homophobic remarks. Both men faced professional consequences for their missteps, but neither was canceled: Mr. Hart remains one of the highest-paid comedians in the world. DaBaby has more than 43 million monthly listeners on Spotify.

At the end of his special, Mr. Chappelle admonishes the L.G.B.T.Q. community one last time, imploring us to leave his “people” alone. If it wasn’t clear from his words, the snapshots of him with his famous pals in the closing credits of “The Closer” make it abundantly clear that Dave Chappelle’s people aren’t men or women or Black people. His people are wealthy celebrities, and he resents even the possibility of them facing consequences for their actions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/13/o...lix-trans.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2021, 01:11 AM   #22107
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Thinking of sweet Boots

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2021, 05:35 AM   #22108
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

That isn't a photo of Boots, just a stock photo that reminds me of him. He didn't have a white nose, but he had white paws.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2021, 05:13 PM   #22109
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just in time for Halloween

Warning might be triggering for some people.

Sane ones.

Proceed at your own risk.

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #22110
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Witches/Warlocks Paddle Parade
This happens tomorrow..soo much fun stuff around here!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2021, 06:41 PM   #22111
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

every fall a hillside along oregon's highway 18 greets passersby with a massive smiley face formed by trees. ... the larch trees have been organized in such way that during autumn, their needles turn yellow, creating the body of the face while the douglas fir makes up the eyes and mouth.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #22112
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post

every fall a hillside along oregon's highway 18 greets passersby with a massive smiley face formed by trees. ... the larch trees have been organized in such way that during autumn, their needles turn yellow, creating the body of the face while the douglas fir makes up the eyes and mouth.
That has nothing to do with the type of trees planted it's a crop circle. Just the alien's way of saying happy holidays, each year, every winter.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:45 PM   #22113
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
That has nothing to do with the type of trees planted it's a crop circle. Just the alien's way of saying happy holidays, each year, every winter.
Oy veh, jocularity for most of us, but some people actually buy that explanation FSF! I'm constantly amazed at the schlock some people believe.
It's a nice photo, though.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:20 PM   #22114
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Randomly Posting Stuff Cause I Feel Like It.

When I went to the casino down 18 in 2019 I saw this and was amazed. I looked it up and sure enough it was put there as an interest for passers by to view. Done by a logging company. They hope it will last as it will age as it grows apparently but interesting to see. ty Besame'.
Old 10-31-2021, 06:44 AM   #22115
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Cuteness alert! Babies, some in hospitals, dressed and posed in halloween costumes.

Cuteness alert! Babies, some in hospitals, dressed and posed in halloween costumes.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2021, 08:04 AM   #22116
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Cause I feel like it

ty Orema, if these are for order I will take the one with the purple wings. What a bunch of sweet babies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2021, 01:24 PM   #22117
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
ty Orema, if these are for order I will take the one with the purple wings. What a bunch of sweet babies.
I know. They’re just adorable.

These kinds of photos were featured on the local news yesterday. Below is a link to the article with more photos. For some reason, I couln’t borrow (cough, cough) the photos from this website yesteday, but I found the ones below on the internets.

Glad you enjoyed them, Stone-Butch.

https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...-hospital.html
Old 11-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #22118
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default You Feel Like It

OMG that little purple mermaid and the little one holding hard to his pumpkin are so so so adorable. Babies are so easy to make you smile. ty Orema that made my day when not much else does.
Old 11-01-2021, 06:47 PM   #22119
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Oy veh, jocularity for most of us, but some people actually buy that explanation FSF! I'm constantly amazed at the schlock some people believe.
It's a nice photo, though.
Actually I do believe in the existence of aliens. Why? Well because I've had contact, encounter type experiences all my life. It's just something I don't talk about much. Anymore I'm bored with the argument and besides I'm not here on this planet to try and make a believer out of anyone. How fair would that be? I mean there are times I can scarcely believe it myself and I'm the one it's happened to!

I don't think it's crazy to believe in aliens. Or that just because a person is crazy they couldn't have seen real ones. In any case what does it matter? As long as a person isn't harming anyone... so what if they believe the Tooth Fairy is real and she's married to Santa Claus? To my mind, way of thinking throughout history it's far more often been a belief in an angry vengeful God the source of human misery, cause of suffering than any belief in aliens. Or Santa Claus. Or the Tooth Fairy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #22120
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Default Cause I Feel Like It

Well I got a little more of "cool" weather than I counted on LOL. It is now 32 F or up here 0 C. Sunny and freezing.

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff