Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation
Default foods, new to you

have you come across some foods, which are new to you, that you Love?
something new and unexpected...or, have you rediscovered an old favorite?

I like crunchy things...I got, since they were on sale, a bag of crispy organic apples...and--I. Fell. In. Love...they are grand...so now, I have a whole array of crunchy dried fruit...wish I'd tried them sooner, since now I have to binge on them to make up for lost time...ah well, if I *have to* then so-be-it...they don't have any fat, that's good since I like to appreciate the fat in foods and I don't have a hankering for fat in fruit...

I did find one of my all time favorites...it seems that when the Jewish Holidays come around, safeway gets in the same items--regardless of the holiday...I Love the toasted coconut covered marshmallows...yes, yes I know a practically poisonous concoction...but they are soooo good...alas, I read the bag, after it was empty ( I am no fool) and found, to my great sorrow that it was almost 1300 calories for a bag...I had to give the other bags away...even *I* can not rationalize all those empty calories...and, before you suggest that I eat only a few, they are one of the few junk food items over which I have no self control...I can have things in the cupboard for ever, and not need to eat or finish them...but these, well for me they are crack-mallows....

I comfort myself that I've found crunchy fruit chips....they are not the same as the crack-mallows, but they will do...(for now!)...I am still enjoying my rediscovered love of black olives on the savory side...

and you?...any new favorite new foods?...or rediscovered ones?
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I get into "food ruts" and just can't seem to break free....

2 things.....

This past summer, my neighbor came over to drink wine on the terrace and she brought homemade hummus......now....I realize I was the last one on the planet to TRY hummus....and I really didn't WANT to try the hummus...but she was sitting right THERE, for cryin' out loud.

Oh. My. God.

What started out as a little dab on a very large cracker wound up my face in the bowl.

Then this past weekend, Cyd brought marinated (moderately hot) red peppers, stuffed with feta...... Holy hell, they were good!

Neat thread, Neen!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,610 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

if you have not yet tried the chocolate cherrios, please do so...they are to DIE FOR!

and there is a wonderful new snack by Ritz called Crackerfuls, in classic cheddar..wow..what a sensational treat for the tongue!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I get into "food ruts" and just can't seem to break free....

2 things.....

This past summer, my neighbor came over to drink wine on the terrace and she brought homemade hummus......now....I realize I was the last one on the planet to TRY hummus....and I really didn't WANT to try the hummus...but she was sitting right THERE, for cryin' out loud.

Oh. My. God.

What started out as a little dab on a very large cracker wound up my face in the bowl.

Then this past weekend, Cyd brought marinated (moderately hot) red peppers, stuffed with feta...... Holy hell, they were good!

Neat thread, Neen!
Yep, I love both of those foods and actually had some hummus yesterday (roasted red pepper is my favorite) and ate red peppers stuffed with feta within the last couple of weeks!

I love hummus with pita bread...but when I am trying to be good, I put it on natural pita chips (with sea salt).

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Trader Joe's Crunchy Curls are my drug of choice but I recently discovered their Wasabi Peas - both come in these convenient 700+ calorie "single serving bags"...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #6
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not new to me, but I haven't had them in a loooong time, so it's like a 'born again new to me' food, right?

Flat Earth Fruit & Veggie Chips are soooo good! They are made with fruit and/or veggies and are good for you too.

Fruit flavors include: Apple Cinnamon Grove, Wild Berry Patch, Peach Mango Paradise. I've had all the fruit flavors and they are scrumptious. I think Peach is my favorite at this time.

The veggie flavors include: Farmland Cheddar, Garlic & Herb Field and Tangy Tomato Ranch. I actually haven't tried the veggie ones yet, but I hear they're excellent too.

I love the nod to 'when pigs fly' on their bags too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I've been hooked on soups for awhile now.

It's partly the comfort of spending a morning or afternoon preparing it, and partly the comfort of the soup itself.

In the past month or so I've made:
Carrot ginger
miso
potato leek
Minestra Maritata
and lentil

I keep delivering soup and baguette to my friends and family, and I have a bunch of frozen soup in the freezer.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

True North Peanut thingys which they may have stopped making?! GASP. I just looked on the website and don't see them listed. I only found them at Sweet Bay in FL when I was visiting. I haven't found them up north anywhere. They were like coated in some deliciousity so that they were crunchy outside and all nutty inside (like me lol.) I LOVED them.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #9
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Trader Joe's introduced a new coffee here last week- Diner Blend not too bad. Still, I prefer their Medium Joe. The roast is just a little darker making the flavour richer.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #10
owen4u1904

How Do You Identify?:
trans/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

owen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant future
Default Soy...

I so got my mom and myself hooked onto soy milk. I never thought I would ever get into that kinda stuff. But I love organic food even if I cant afford it all the time.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #11
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Freeze dried blueberries!
Old 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Personally, I think rice cakes are foul - to me, they have always tasted like chunks of compressed cardboard. HOWEVER, Mare's brother brought over a bag of cheddar cheese rice cake chips (you can pick these up at Aldi's), and OMG I am HOOKED. Even the cat likes them! (Not as much as Doritos, but a pretty close second).

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #13
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

I have (relatively recently) discovered that I dangerously love key lime pie.

(Lots of ly's in there)

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
Personally, I think rice cakes are foul - to me, they have always tasted like chunks of compressed cardboard. HOWEVER, Mare's brother brought over a bag of cheddar cheese rice cake chips (you can pick these up at Aldi's), and OMG I am HOOKED. Even the cat likes them! (Not as much as Doritos, but a pretty close second).
Then you should NOT try Quaker's Mini Delights in Caramel Drizzle or Chocolate Mint. Nope. Don't even THINK about....they're MINE! All MIIIINE!!!!

<insert maniacal laughter here>

*takes Mini Delight bag of Buttered Popcorn to corner*

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #15
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

Last year in the Netherlands, I experienced roti, which is from Suriname. I loved it. I describe it as a pork-based spicy Chinese with potatoes, served with a thick tortilla-type pancake. There weren't many things about Dutch cuisine I would recommend, but roti I would.

The only other Dutch thing I enjoyed, other than their amazing cheeses, was stroopwaffels. You can find them in international food stores here, too.

Oh, and poffertjes..the Dutch version of pancakes...yummy.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
owen4u1904

How Do You Identify?:
trans/queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single

owen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant futureowen4u1904 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Then you should NOT try Quaker's Mini Delights in Caramel Drizzle or Chocolate Mint. Nope. Don't even THINK about....they're MINE! All MIIIINE!!!!

<insert maniacal laughter here>

*takes Mini Delight bag of Buttered Popcorn to corner*
OMG... I never thought I would like rice cakes either. But I love getting the chocolate ones and putting peanut butter on them.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #17
Nina
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
unmistakably
Preferred Pronoun?:
dearheart
Relationship Status:
In love, loved and Happy, thanks for askin'

Thanked 3,383 Times in 931 Posts
Nina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST ReputationNina Has the BEST Reputation

just an update on my crunchy fruit snacks...I got some crunchy corn---I threw it away...I guess I could save it and add it to soup or something...but as a grand new favorite food?---it's a big no-go...

I have been searching on line for my beloved yogachips organic apple chips...so far, they are hard to find...I rarely give up on anything I actually care about...I may lose interest in nonsense, but snacking is some serious business !! :)

I am going to see if I can make them myself...looks like I need to do some research...the thought of crunchy Honey Crisp Apples is a strong incentive...
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

New to EVERYONE.....chocolate and dark chocolate covered PEEPS!

Chocolate Covered Peeps

Someone try some and let me know what they think. I've grown out of my peep fascination, but I'm interested to hear what others think about this.

I'm misunderestimated.