Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Cancer Support and Caregivers Who Are Trail Blazers!

I want to start a thread that is a support for those who are suffering from any kind of cancer. It also is for those who are caregivers to those suffering from cancer.

I want this to be a safe place to talk openly about diagnoses, treatment plans, medicines, drugs, and everything else imaginable.

My life has drastically changed with the loss of my beloved sister, JoAnn last year. She had skin cancer, called Melanoma. So I am aware of projectile vomiting, fevers, chills, and every side effect of chemo under the sun. JoAnn never complained - not even once.

So, with that said. Please feel free to post.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I complain all the time. When I get the fever I talk mad crazy shit to the people I love the most.

Without them, I'd be a bigger mess.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Jo would talk like that as well. And she hallucinated when she was given stem cell treatments the most. The combination of drugs just didn't work for her. It was wayyy to much for her body to take.

I was walking around taking a break while the nurses were changing her sheets one day, and I happened upon a lady suffering from breast cancer. She had the kind that didn't show up on the mammograms or anything. I cannot think of the name of it. It is the most deadly of all breast cancers.

Anyway, she was walking with her IV, and just had to get out of her room and away from her family. She told me that after a while they grated on her nerves. That they meant well, but after some time, they got to be too much for her to deal with. Now she was just starting out, and only had 1 surgery, and was just having her first chemo treatment. I thought to myself, and didn't say it, but man she has a very long way to go. Sad part was...she was in her late 30's to early 40's.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Inflamatory Breast Cancer or IBC is horrid.

I feel for the woman as there are certain factions of my family that gush and coo over me when I am sick. I somehow end up feeling responsible for their emotional turmoil.

My inner circle is very stern with me, and treats me as if I was healthy as much as they can. Thank god.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

I really believe that is what saved Jo for as long as it did - almost 3 years. We all treated her like she had a splinter. The little kids were the ones who didn't understand why she lost her hair, or why she would try to eat a meal at the table with us, then run to the bathroom, or would spend hours cleaning out closets to keep busy because the meds made her hyperactive.

Jo was active up to the last week of her life. She mentioned to her husband that steps were hard for her to do, and the next day she had a series of strokes that took her voice. All she could do is moan and groan.

Everyone handles devistating news differently. Some are able to deal with it, and move on. Others fear the unknown. I just pray to do God's Will, and let His Will be done, not mine. My Will - He knows what it is.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Default Suzanne Somers and Breast Cancer/Treatment Plans

We all know Suzanne Somers' from her jewelry, beauty products, sunglasses, bags, and exercise equipment like the ab roller. And then the 17 books, 8 of which are NYTimes bestsellers.

She has fought most recently her cystic breast disease that became breast cancer according to her latest book. She refused chemo, and even went to the extreme of stating that chemo is what took Patrick Swaze's (sp?) life. I am on the fence about this one. Why? I have seen first hand what chemo does to people first hand. There has to be other methods of care and treatment of cancer like Farrah Faucett (anal cancer) voiced.

Namaste,
Andrew
Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Exclamation Mammograms - Breast Cancer

The latest mammogram news...bullshit. Where do these people come up with the idea of women waiting until 50 yo to get mammograms?! And we all know that insurance carriers will deny anyone who puts in a claim to one. It all boils down to money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
The latest mammogram news...bullshit. Where do these people come up with the idea of women waiting until 50 yo to get mammograms?! And we all know that insurance carriers will deny anyone who puts in a claim to one. It all boils down to money.
yep Andrew ... it's BS and it's about the money ... and it's scary .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Angry

Why was this news released while President Obama was in China? I find that quite interesting.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

Right now I am waiting for the results of my latest pap. I had an abnormal result last July. So this is the recheck. And along with the abnormal cells came a positive for HPV. So I am really kind of freaking out. I am scared. And I am wondering if the worst happens how the heck I will get through this thing alone. I have to wait about 2 weeks and then the latest results will be in.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daryn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #11
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Daryn,

Keep us posted on how you are doing. I will be including you in my prayers.

Namaste,
Andrew
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #12
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryn View Post
Right now I am waiting for the results of my latest pap. I had an abnormal result last July. So this is the recheck. And along with the abnormal cells came a positive for HPV. So I am really kind of freaking out. I am scared. And I am wondering if the worst happens how the heck I will get through this thing alone. I have to wait about 2 weeks and then the latest results will be in.
The waiting is the hardest part.
Just try to think positive...lots of test come back positive for lots of reasons that are not the big C.
Try not to panic. (((Daryn)))
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

I just heard on the radio that Michael C. Hall of HBO's "6 Feet Under" as David Fischer, and "Dexter" as Dexter Morgan, has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He apparently is being treated for this with chemo, etc. I hope he is ok.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #14
fiercegrrl
In Memory Of

How Do You Identify?:
fierce femme grrl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful, pumpkin, princess, sweet pea, babygirl
Relationship Status:
i don't think it's in the stars for me.

fiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputationfiercegrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default sigh...

i'm 26 and over the past few days i've found out that i most likely have ovarian cancer. i meet with an oncologist team in a couple of days. and i know that major surgery will be happening as soon as possible. until they get the tumor(s) out i won't know if it's cancer. but i'll be losing my reproductive organs and possible part of my intestines in the process.
i'm so scared and nervous.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #15
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Dear Fiercegirrl,

I understand your fears, pain, and everything else. I have been thru this twice with my late sister, Jo, and my Godfather. Cancer sucks. I also had cervical cancer, but no doctor would do anything until I was opened up. Then all hell broke loose. Everything I said made sense - finally. Sometimes you have to talk and talk and talk, and get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions until you can slay that dragon.

If I can be of any support, please let me know.

You are in my prayers.

Love,
Andrew
Old 01-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #16
Daryn
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
genderqueer leaning male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/ze
Relationship Status:
open to persuasion.....

Daryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST ReputationDaryn Has the BEST Reputation

My latest results are back and this test is normal. I am so thankful.
Daryn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Daryn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #17
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Daryn,

WOOHOO!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile WooHoo!

Dear Fiercegirrl,

I am so happy with the results. Please rest. All in time. We will chat later on.

Love,
Andrew
Old 02-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Dear Fiercegirrl,

I understand your fears, pain, and everything else. I have been thru this twice with my late sister, Jo, and my Godfather. Cancer sucks. I also had cervical cancer, but no doctor would do anything until I was opened up. Then all hell broke loose. Everything I said made sense - finally. Sometimes you have to talk and talk and talk, and get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions until you can slay that dragon.

If I can be of any support, please let me know.

You are in my prayers.

Love,
Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiercegrrl View Post
i'm 26 and over the past few days i've found out that i most likely have ovarian cancer. i meet with an oncologist team in a couple of days. and i know that major surgery will be happening as soon as possible. until they get the tumor(s) out i won't know if it's cancer. but i'll be losing my reproductive organs and possible part of my intestines in the process.
i'm so scared and nervous.
Staying in touch with each other is a good thing. When it seems like you are all alone..then bing.."You have Mail"...

come back when you can and be fierce..

Tommi
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #20
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I want to start a thread that is a support for those who are suffering from any kind of cancer. It also is for those who are caregivers to those suffering from cancer.

I want this to be a safe place to talk openly about diagnoses, treatment plans, medicines, drugs, and everything else imaginable.

My life has drastically changed with the loss of my beloved sister, JoAnn last year. She had skin cancer, called Melanoma. So I am aware of projectile vomiting, fevers, chills, and every side effect of chemo under the sun. JoAnn never complained - not even once.

So, with that said. Please feel free to post.

Namaste,
Andrew
Thank you Andrew for starting this thread
As a caregiver I want to post and to enlighten those who've never dealt with Cancer or any other long term chronic illness.
Your caregiver is the one who, gets every imaginable throwback, the happy days, sad days, angry days,
the I don't want to go on days and the days.
The days with good news, bad news and no news.
If there is a change we are there, we clean and cook,
we bathe and care for our loved ones.
Out of love, we are there.
We allow them to shed tears even when we hide our own,
we laugh, we share and in the most heart breaking cases
we watch them cross over.

We are tired, worn out sleep deprived but we march on.
They depend on us, for we are their Nurses, their Pharmacy, their Cooks, their Transporters and their advocate,
we get things done when they cannot. They trust us and confide in us
and we stay strong for them, giving them encouragement even on the darkest days.
Not every Cancer patient has multiple caregivers,
so when people think that caregiver is short, or curt, flighty, in a hurry.
Give some consideration they might be on day three, with only six hours of sleep, in 72 hours and multitasking to no end just to make sure their loved ones get the care they so richly deserve.
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post: