Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 10-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #201
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default A year ago today..

A year ago today, my family and I returned my Mother to the earth she so loved! It was her final wish that she return to the land that so blessed her with all that is good and kind! She is now walking in the Garden with her God and holding the simple gifts of life in her kind and gentle hands.

Today we rejoice in the nourishment that she gave to all of us!

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #202
Saphyreies

How Do You Identify?:
girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, missy, Miss - please, no Ms...
Relationship Status:
Widow - but forever connected to him

Saphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST ReputationSaphyreies Has the BEST Reputation

My mom died over 32 years ago, when i was 19.
For no particular reason, i miss her terribly today.
I want to lay my head on her lap so she'll play with my hair like i remember.
I dream about her a lot lately, and in my dreams she is old and frail - like she looked when she was dying, even though she was only 60.
I was taking care of her, unlike i was able to do when she was dying because of lack of resources at my young age.
I'm 51 now, but i don't care how this sounds:
I want my mommy.
Saphyreies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Saphyreies For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #203
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Its been 1 year exactly that my best friend and travel buddy, Brenda, went to be with the Lord. She was 18 years older than I am, but we were raised as sisters. She and I were sooo close and talked on the phone atleast 2-3 times a day! She died on the 11th and was buried a year ago today. I miss her so much. I still haven't taken the time to properly grieve....
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #204
Graham

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Married to wintergreengem

Graham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
This morning my wife of 13 years left me....she says she will be back....just needs to find herself, spend some time alone. She said she hasn't been happy now for 2 years. We have seen some rough times this past couple of years....seemed happy to me, we had just got thru the last rough thing and where on our way to some sucess, and she decides to run. She did tell me that she loves me and that the next time I see her her hair will be longer you just wait. She said her boss will hire her back when she comes back.

She won't really give me a reason as to why she is leaving even though the past 2 weeks I have waited on this day anytime I tryed to talk to her she just put up the wall or changed the subject. I'm not asking for advice...just venting and trying to grieve. I know I will get past this and some days will be worse than others. Thanks for listening.
Now she just told me by facebook she is gone....done lied to my face all these 2 weeks...
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #205
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

16 years ago, on November 10th, you died. Some say maybe you knew it was coming. You even made a card for those who died of heart attacks, who would have ever guessed one would take you so young. 12 years old was far to young. I still miss you a lot. You missed all the important things. I went to prom, graduated from high school, got married, had my children, left my husband... I'm a different person now then I ever thought I would be. Grandma wrote another poem about you when you left... I read it again today. It make me cry. I hope you know I always think of you. I even named my daughter after you so you would always be close.

I love you Amber Beth.

Amber
Our Pixie has gone home.
Tonight the angels reached out their hands
And led her back
To that land from which she came.
Our lives will be less because she has left us.
But those who have gathered her home
Are rejoicing this day
And now she can sing with the angel choirs.

-Zelda Lorraine Kline
Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #206
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I just saw my ex-wife of 30+ years, who has schizophrenia, walking on the street yesterday. I kept turning my head, but could'nt stop the truck until I reached the light. When I stopped at the light, I had to keep going, leaving all those years in the past, because..30+ years of heaven and hell sort of cancelled each other out in space and time. Maybe she could have had any physical illness, and we would have griieved and rode toward the light together. Can love between people, after life and death, heaven and hell, space and time, blown bodies and minds, still survive? Is this what all relationships are for? Just passing through the streets and years together, and then, needing to move forward alone again, to the light?
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #207
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

The last week or so I been very weepy. Losing my Mom 4 yrs ago and now the holidays are close. She loved Christmas, I wish I could decorate but I don't have it in me. I'm an only child and I have 1 cousin left, and she's older. It's heart wrenching for all of us ...... these days I cry at a drop of a hat .... Mom I miss you so much , I'm so empty inside . But I will try and get my emotions together for you. You raised me to be strong and independent. I don't want to ever let you down. I love you ~RIP~
Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #208
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

(((((((((((((( bella ))))))))))))))) i soo understand my friend btw bella is KAT lol
~ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~ocean For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #209
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation
Default missing you

There are days where I feel like I am fine and life is okay, then there are days like today where I miss you, the one before your accident and the one after your accident. Grandma you were/are so important to me and now that your gone I feel a huge empty space. I miss you so very much and I pray that in time this feeling of grief so strong will be gone.

((((hugs)))) to all those grieving tonight.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #210
not2shygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
as a Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
under the cover of starry starry nights...enjoying a warm fire in the pit !

Thanked 2,454 Times in 546 Posts
not2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputationnot2shygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default You would have.....

Hiya Ma,

I know I talk with you daily. This is a different venue and seems to be more so validating in my reaching out to touch you. Other people seeing these words, feeling my pain, comforting. Sometimes it is a need that I have since I am still here on earth...living and breathing, this way of reaching out to you is a sense of validation in some strange way because it involves others seeing.

I have met a woman...... and I know you would have loved her instantly! She is kind, loving and not perfect! How sweet is that?!! You would have liked her attentiveness towards me and life. You would have liked that she is older! You would have felt and seen how she loves me and tells me daily. You would have said to me to not mess this up, you would have listened to me patiently in speaking about her, you would have another daughter Ma....... In spirit I absolutely know you already know all of this and likely even more so! But sometimes....as a mortal I have a need to be seen with you publicly. Sort of an acknowledgement that I am your daughter, and you my Ma, who breathed life, love and family into me. I love you Ma, of course I miss you terribly still.

Ma, this woman I speak of.......she has my heart.......and my soul craves her presence with such a peacefulness that even I experience this for the first time in my life. How blessed I am and a wonderful feeling deep with in me. The knowing, the exchanges, the showing, and the respect that she and I have for each other is a euphoria that I welcome. So know, that I know, you already know of her and my telling you of her here is an informality and a silly need of mine. You are present, and even likely had a hand in this! She is wonderful Ma, and I would love to have forever with her.

your loving daughter and #6 child.....A
not2shygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to not2shygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 PM   #211
ReDo

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her
Relationship Status:
I am the treat to your trick

ReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST ReputationReDo Has the BEST Reputation

I just learned today that my father passed away on Thanksgiving night. Returning home from dinner he had another heart attack. We were not close not even in my wildest imagination can I say we were ever close. I have three childhood memories of my dad. One he showed up late one night after my brithday I remember because I had just gotten my birthday bear carebear. I was so happy to show him. Then he came and him and my mother had a huge fight a knife was pulled on her and he left. He kidnaped me once held me for a couple of weeks and tortured me. So not that great of memories. I saw him again when I was 18 and it was my choice my terms... He was drunk again or still I don't know he was always drunk. I became so angry at him for all the years he wasn't there and all the hurt he brought I screamed at him and left. Those were the last words I ever said to the person who was supposed to be my father.

Today I read his obituary it didn't even mention having a daughter. It listed all the boys but not one mention of me at all. It was the final hard slap across the face from that side of my family.

I am not really sure where the hurt is coming from honestly. Yeah so he is gone it isn't like we have talked in 18 years. It isn't like I expected anything from him. Sure I would call where he worked and just make sure he was okay by asking whoever asked the phone how he was doing but never spoke to him. Just wanted to know he was okay.

I never said I am sorry I never said I love you because honestly I still don't know if I did love him.

Its pretty raw right now. I am not going to his services because they are in Vermont and I am in Florida.. I have a horse awards program to go to this saturday and honestly Tank my horse loves me far more than my dad ever did.

I guess one day it will all settle down and make sence or I will learn to forgive.. I can't forgive him but I can forgive myself for my choices.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #212
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

my father passed away this summer. The grieving has been intense and has come in waves. We had a troubled, tumultuous relationship that was reconciled in his last year and a half of life. i did everything i could to stay in the moment with him, and offer only love and compassion. i spent the last two weeks of his life with him, day and night at his side. i promised i wouldn't leave, and i didn't. I wrote the following only a short time after he died of cancer.

11 Days

The summer my father died was hot and humid. I recall simply that everything struggled for life under the oppressive heat. Outside the hospice window the lilac Rose of Sharon bloomed in resistance to the torrid conditions, and from time to time, I’d watch, as birds would feed languidly in the window feeder and then fly away through the thick, damp air. I waited.

Nothing to be done as the sea boiled and the wine turned sour during the dog days of summer. I was buoyant on an ocean of salted tears, floating and striking through waves of life changes made forever in these times of sweltering deliverance.

Through flesh made damp by sweat and tears I sat and watched. A long vigil that lasted though a blur of finite nights and days, always a steady labouring towards loss. In this final delivery room there were only the sounds of fading; tortured breathing and a primal calling as he cried “Mom. Mom. Oh Mom.” Heart wrenching and saturated with unavoidable truth. And sometimes, in a quiet hush, my own weeping that grew weary and acceptant as another layer of loss was absorbed into the working chambers of my heart.

Unlike birth, where the push is towards life, this confinement was a labour towards a final release, from pain, from suffering, from life. There was karma in this vigil, this excruciating bearing witness. Reciprocity of a tender and painful kind as I returned my father’s watch, where decades earlier, when he was young and strong, he waited for my birth, for the emergence of his first and only daughter. And now I, saturated with grief and longing and loss, held his hand, and kissed his brow, and yearned for more time, more time; even as I begged for his release.

A kiss on the hand, and a promise so beautiful and true are wrapped up in love and memories that feel too raw and painful to be remembered yet, the happiest ones hurt too much at times like these. Like sunlight that shines too brightly, I must shield my mind’s eye from the sweetness of remembered joy.

I am left with the Autumn now, vibrant hues that I see only with new amazement, as time passes and I breathe deeply of the crisp cool fall air, remembering how I suffered the pain of his remorse and tasted the bitterness of regret with him, and then for him, when all he could do was his body’s work in that bed.

Eyes closed as he endured and exerted all he could. I whispered into his ear words from my heart, words of love, truth and compassion. We both knew: we had a bumpy ride but what a gift for us Meu Pai, that we had such a happy ending. What a gift for us Dad, to know how much love we had in our hearts for each other, and how all the rest, the lost and embezzled times, in the end meant nothing at all. Our eyes, locked together in moments that cannot be undone showed us all we needed. The terrible inevitability of truth, that love trumps loss, and we are we, and will always be, and these finite moments mean all.

Your final words to me gave me everything I ever needed, and can ever want or need. My woman’s heart made strong by the words that the little girl in me always needed and wanted to hear. Now I move onward, through this world, my father’s daughter, and you are closer than ever. Inside the sunbeams that turn the falling leaves crimson, on the bright dappling of sunlight that become diamond glints on gentle waves of the lake I see every day. I experience everything in my life now, again, full of the ‘first time’s’ in this world without you in it.

That vigil, unique and personal, so painfully intimate, so ultimately universal and I had come to learn this in those 11 days; that we still exist, that the absolute unbroken continuity of us weaves its way through all, and that somewhere you Are.

xoxox your nee nee.

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #213
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Seeking my quiet heart ~

I dont believe in coincidence...but its so odd that this thread should pop up. I'm progressively blessing but trying to calm my busy head, trying to match my swirl of thoughts with a quiet heart.

Today is the one year anniversary of the death of a co-worker I'd known for over 20 years. He retired from the same squad that I work in, after 35 years of service and passed away 3 days later.

But I started counting and grieving. "Gone But Not Forgotten" the mantra for the End Of Watch list. I bless the fact that I had such great friendships with them. I was work partners for years with 5 of them. And 11 of the 16 were friends, 2 of these men were brothers to me.

I stopped counting at 16. I know there are more.

10 shot in the line of duty
2 killed in accidents
2 suicides
1 drowned
1 cancer

One of these men , my little brother that I never had... I loved him like one. He followed me through 13 years of my career and into 4 of my Units, and we worked together in each one. Hair raising experiences that we helped each other through. I transferred out of our unit away from him and less than 2 months later he was killed in the line of duty.

It was an unbelievable time for me. A blur. I was at the hospital before his wife got there, she ran straight to me once she arrived. I delivered the death message and felt such guilt over her inconsolable grief, she was now a single mother to their 2 yo son. He had finally gotten his life together, married this wonderful woman, had the son he always talked about. I stood guard over his casket, my last feeble attempt to be at his side. I rode his funeral escort through blinding tears and heaving sobs. The tears are nearly falling now. I dont know how I didnt send myself and my motorcycle into oblivion on that ride. He's the line of duty death I'll never get over. His anniversary is in March.

And add family deaths over the years...
And throw in a few citizens who've suffered unbelievable truama, Strangers that I held because I didnt want them to die alone.

Its incumbant upon us to carry the blessing of having known and loved these people in your life. And having been loved, admired and/or respected by them.

I dont ever forget how precious life is, how full it is, and how linked we are to the memory of the those who have gone before us.

Without me, you would never have known this very small part of him .
I wish I could tell you briefly about them all.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #214
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

Your post made me think of the last ten years i've spent on the front lines in the Violence Against Women/Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence field...and a quote that i can no longer source, but often came to me when working with women and their trauma, was " It's an honour and a privilege to share in my sisters' grief". Your post and your experiences make that quote easily shared with your brothers. We remain absolutely connected in having known and loved them.

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #215
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
I dont believe in coincidence...but its so odd that this thread should pop up. I'm progressively blessing but trying to calm my busy head, trying to match my swirl of thoughts with a quiet heart.

Today is the one year anniversary of the death of a co-worker I'd known for over 20 years. He retired from the same squad that I work in, after 35 years of service and passed away 3 days later.

But I started counting and grieving. "Gone But Not Forgotten" the mantra for the End Of Watch list. I bless the fact that I had such great friendships with them. I was work partners for years with 5 of them. And 11 of the 16 were friends, 2 of these men were brothers to me.

I stopped counting at 16. I know there are more.

10 shot in the line of duty
2 killed in accidents
2 suicides
1 drowned
1 cancer

One of these men , my little brother that I never had... I loved him like one. He followed me through 13 years of my career and into 4 of my Units, and we worked together in each one. Hair raising experiences that we helped each other through. I transferred out of our unit away from him and less than 2 months later he was killed in the line of duty.

It was an unbelievable time for me. A blur. I was at the hospital before his wife got there, she ran straight to me once she arrived. I delivered the death message and felt such guilt over her inconsolable grief, she was now a single mother to their 2 yo son. He had finally gotten his life together, married this wonderful woman, had the son he always talked about. I stood guard over his casket, my last feeble attempt to be at his side. I rode his funeral escort through blinding tears and heaving sobs. The tears are nearly falling now. I dont know how I didnt send myself and my motorcycle into oblivion on that ride. He's the line of duty death I'll never get over. His anniversary is in March.

And add family deaths over the years...
And throw in a few citizens who've suffered unbelievable truama, Strangers that I held because I didnt want them to die alone.

Its incumbant upon us to carry the blessing of having known and loved these people in your life. And having been loved, admired and/or respected by them.

I dont ever forget how precious life is, how full it is, and how linked we are to the memory of the those who have gone before us.

Without me, you would never have known this very small part of him .
I wish I could tell you briefly about them all.

Reading this made me contemplate so many things tonight. "...Trying to calm my busy head, trying to match my swirl of thoughts with a quiet heart"...oh, how that resonates with me. I imagine being in your line of work there is not much you haven't seen, felt, or been engaged in. Finding that space where peace and warmth and comfort can be invited into your heart, your soul, your being, can be a challenge at best. So much loss around us all. However - you - are the one that see this kind of thing up close and personal. You see, the rest of us see a blur of tragic headlines or news blurbs. To feel the kinship, compassion, respect and loyalty as you have so eloquently written of gives rise to the respect these men and women have earned in the line of noble work. They - you - made a conscious choice to keep 'us' safe and out of harms way.

Following super bowl Sunday I am certain many folks have picked their hero's. I am here to say it is the folks like yourself, your brothers and sisters in the force who are the heros in this world. You run in - when the others run out. You have given your kindred spirits honor, grace and dignity through YOU. They are keeping their watch over you now. And, that, dear hero, is their honor.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #216
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default in the end...

I guess we're all stories in the end.

I think its so important to honor our connections so that we can carry the imprint of our past into the future.

There is such strength in the kind words of others. Thank you all for your rep comments and messages.
Thank you for sharing your strength.

I'm glad this thread is here. I hope more people post their stories, their thoughts of loved ones, or their words of strength and advice.
Its important for all of us to know who we are, and how we are, in the grieving process.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #217
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
My Father passed away suddenly of a heart attack in 2000, and my beloved Grandfather 6 wks later. In November 2009 my Grandmother went to join them, and my Mother....my often imperfect, but always loving Mother passed this last Saturday the 22nd.

I have missed my Father and Grandfather every day since they left, but over time it became a warm glow I carried around with me everywhere I went. I honestly can't say if I will survive the latest loss....I know in my head I have to be here for my daughter and spouse, but the grief, the unending pain in my soul.....
Well I have indeed survived, but I cannot say the grief has become less; different, but not less. I still have such anger at my Mother for smoking and causing her health issues, with a seeming disregard of the people left to grieve. But yet, i have started to really think of her as a "person" and not just my Mom, and I have begun the process of forgiveness finally.

I miss her every day, but I try to think of the good memories now instead of the last years where the hospital and worry became my best friends. I know that in time I will carry her in my heart as a part of who I have become because of her, and every day when I think of her it will be only with love.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #218
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

When my sister is angry with me, like she is now, when there is a silence between us my gestures can't fix, I miss my other sister, the one who passed away over ten years ago. She and I would have grown old together. We would have had each other.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #219
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Grieving

I still feel the loss. This month is very hard for me. I lost my Dad who was my best friend. Valentines Day 10 years ago was the last time I spoke to him and heard him laugh. Feb 17 I got a call from my Mom in the middle of the night. I rushed to my truck drove several hours and spent the next spent 4 days watching my Dad die. I never left the hospital I said everything I wanted to say to him in those 4 days. On Feb 21 at 3:21 pm my Dad left this life to join his ancestors while I was singing to him. He looked right at me and stopped breathing. I will spend the next few weeks alone remembering and honoring a great father,role model , he was kind,compassionate,loving,caring,patient, a true gentleman. I am honored and blessed to have been your daughter.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #220
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Sad tonight for my girlfriend's father, who is dying tonight, and maybe tomorrow, and maybe for a few days more.

He was so kind to me, the two years I lived with her, and he wrote a sweet letter to me, thanking me for the tea I sent for him and his wife, for Christmas.

I will always feel grateful for his kindness and how much he loved his daughters. What a loving man, it shone through his shyness and introspective ways.