Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 02-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Inside the Minds of Child Molesters - Oprah

Today Oprah had this show on 4 convicted child molesters/sex offenders. It was a no holds barred conversation. They talked about grooming their victims, outwitting parents, creating bonds with their victims, and talking to their victims like they were a couple. In some of their minds, they even pretended that they were a couple. Oy vey. I think they are manipulators, devious, and create a cycle of sexual abuse that lasts sometimes for years and years, and sometimes for a month or two.

How the child molestors/sex offenders ignore that they are damaging these children for life just blows my mind. One offender said that he murdered the child he molested for over 12 years. She will never be the woman she could have been. She forgave him, but he said what he did was unforgiveable. That is the only part he got right.

Not one of the 4 convicted molestors thought or believed they were causing harm to their victims. Each one believed that they were filling a void in the victims life. It changes who you are. The extent of devistation is just overwhelming as far as I am concerned. How a 60+ year old can molest a 5 year old just is unbelieveable to me. It is weird. I cannot wrap my head around this. Not at all. Children should talk if anything like this happens. It is a huge red flag waving.

I am a survivor. This show really hit home for me. I just cried.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Was a very good show. Watch it tonight when it comes back on at 10 east coast if you get a chance. The men were very open and honest. Doesn't make what they did ok, but they are trying to educate. Oprah handled the questioning in true Oprah form.

I'll tell you what gets me right now. I just got off Indeed looking at jobs and you wouldn't believe how many postings there were for people looking for a babysitter for this weekend "Valentines". WTF Hope some of them watched Oprah today. I can't imagine leaving my child with someone alone that I just met this week.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Oprah and Lisa Ling are going to be interviewing women, and babysitters next. That should be 2 good shows to watch. The Lisa Ling show I think is on Discovery or A&E. I will have to research it. I feel like I was just punched in the stomach.

Andrew
Old 02-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Today Oprah had this show on 4 convicted child molesters/sex offenders. It was a no holds barred conversation. They talked about grooming their victims, outwitting parents, creating bonds with their victims, and talking to their victims like they were a couple. In some of their minds, they even pretended that they were a couple. Oy vey. I think they are manipulators, devious, and create a cycle of sexual abuse that lasts sometimes for years and years, and sometimes for a month or two.

How the child molestors/sex offenders ignore that they are damaging these children for life just blows my mind. One offender said that he murdered the child he molested for over 12 years. She will never be the woman she could have been. She forgave him, but he said what he did was unforgiveable. That is the only part he got right.

Not one of the 4 convicted molestors thought or believed they were causing harm to their victims. Each one believed that they were filling a void in the victims life. It changes who you are. The extent of devistation is just overwhelming as far as I am concerned. How a 60+ year old can molest a 5 year old just is unbelieveable to me. It is weird. I cannot wrap my head around this. Not at all. Children should talk if anything like this happens. It is a huge red flag waving.

I am a survivor. This show really hit home for me. I just cried.

Namaste,
Andrew
I truly believe it's a brain thing. I don't believe many, if any of them can actually achieve insight into the consequences of their actions, although some may be able to learn socially appropriate behavior. It would be interesting if anybody had any information on where research is at in regards to pedophilia: causes, treatments, etc.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I'll tell you what gets me right now. I just got off Indeed looking at jobs and you wouldn't believe how many postings there were for people looking for a babysitter for this weekend "Valentines". WTF Hope some of them watched Oprah today. I can't imagine leaving my child with someone alone that I just met this week.
wow, i couldnt even imagine doing that..
it's scary that people might do that, :-(

i only caught the end of Oprah today, but she did say at the end that the entire 2 hour interview would be posted on her website tonight - i'll definitely be taking a look once i can and watching it, the bit i did watched was.. well words cant describe but, well.. overwhelming comes to mind..i'm pretty sure Oprah is on late tonight as well, i may record it if i can find the listing and what time it's on.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Way back in the 70's & 80"s when my boys were kids..never did I ever use a baby sitter nor did thay go to day care.Either they were with there grandma or one of my aunts and uncle if I was working hours they needed to stay with someone or they were with me..some ppl say I should have not been so restrictive with then cause u bet I checked out the friend and friends familys ..if I didnt like what I found out they didnt hang out with them.
I'm a survivor too.
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Reading posts here just makes my heavy heart even heavier. I can feel the pain and sadness.

Love to all,
Andrew