Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bifocals

I just picked up my first pair of bi-focals.

Wow.

I've been using readers for a while, but they were just not getting it any more.

It's weird not being able to to see, I know it sounds silly...but I have always had excellent eyesight and it is freaking me out for my eyesight to be worse every day.

I've had all the tests, nothing is wrong other than age....

Though I have been in denial, I guess this makes me officially middle aged? Ha, at 46, I have been there for a while I guess.

Wow.

Anyone else?
Old 02-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I guess I got my first bifocals when I was Your age.....I just had trouble going down stairs at first.....totally wigged me out! lol

You'll wonder how You were seeing ANYthing before once You get used to them.....
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I guess I got my first bifocals when I was Your age.....I just had trouble going down stairs at first.....totally wigged me out! lol

You'll wonder how You were seeing ANYthing before once You get used to them.....
Everything does seem WAY more clear!

I have been resisting, but am glad I did it
Old 02-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
TIMBERWOLF

How Do You Identify?:
Old Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lesbian Butch so that would be she, but I come to just about anything *S*
Relationship Status:
Single

TIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST ReputationTIMBERWOLF Has the BEST Reputation

Yes Ma'am.......We both have bifocals but mine have lines and WT's don't. She wears her contact most when she is out and her glasses at work.Though she doesn't need them to read like I do.I have had them for about 10 years so yeah right around that age.
TIMBER
TIMBERWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TIMBERWOLF For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #5
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

My first pair was with lines and they made me dizzy as a duck going up steps and stuff like that. I had them about a month and they made me so sick to my stomach I went and bought a pair with no lines and that's all I've ever had since then. Just hope you never have to have trifocals
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Ohhhhh honey, I got my first pair at 39. Was alllll downhill from there LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post

Wow.

I've been using readers for a while, but they were just not getting it any more.

It's weird not being able to to see, I know it sounds silly...but I have always had excellent eyesight and it is freaking me out for my eyesight to be worse every day.

Though I have been in denial, I guess this makes me officially middle aged? Ha, at 46, I have been there for a while I guess.

Wow.

Anyone else?
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,107 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wow.

Wow.

Anyone else?
My son had to have bifocals at 11 years old. Mom wears trifocals... It's been a good 10 years since I've replaced my glasses (single vision), I'm seriously in denial. I just love my current pair of frames and can't bare the thought of replacing them... it's such a pain to find ones to fit and look right... and I can't wear contacts (they feel like they are always slipping under my bottom eye lid). Maybe my eyesight is part of the cause for my migraines? My mom broke her ankle her first day with new bifocals...she stepped down off the stairway wrong. My eyes have been bothering me a lot lately... time to bypass my denial...
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

I mean as soon as I turned forty my eyes went. I now have progressives.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

I got some Progressives last year and cannot get used to them

Warmly,
Jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
Yep, count me in.

I can get by holding most reading material a foot away from my face, but medicine bottles and fine print readers are needed.
lol Jack, it's when the arms aren't long enough that the trouble REALLY begins!

I had my first pair of bifocals in my mid-thirties. Couldn't adjust to them. Got rid of them and streeeeeeched my arms as far as I could. Sooner or later we all have to give in. Right now I've got a combination of contacts, reading strength with my contacts, reading strength without my glassses......It complicates my life greatly. Makes me glad I carry a purse!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
My first pair was with lines and they made me dizzy as a duck going up steps and stuff like that. I had them about a month and they made me so sick to my stomach I went and bought a pair with no lines and that's all I've ever had since then. Just hope you never have to have trifocals
Mine have lines, the ones without were $200 bucks more. Right now the bifocals are for close and medium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
My son had to have bifocals at 11 years old. Mom wears trifocals... It's been a good 10 years since I've replaced my glasses (single vision), I'm seriously in denial. I just love my current pair of frames and can't bare the thought of replacing them... it's such a pain to find ones to fit and look right... and I can't wear contacts (they feel like they are always slipping under my bottom eye lid). Maybe my eyesight is part of the cause for my migraines? My mom broke her ankle her first day with new bifocals...she stepped down off the stairway wrong. My eyes have been bothering me a lot lately... time to bypass my denial...
Maybe they can use your old frames?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
Yep, count me in.

I can get by holding most reading material a foot away from my face, but medicine bottles and fine print readers are needed.
Thats my problem too. I can see far away, but thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
I wanted to see how this did before I spent the money for progressives, that is likely next in a trifocal.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
lol Jack, it's when the arms aren't long enough that the trouble REALLY begins!

I had my first pair of bifocals in my mid-thirties. Couldn't adjust to them. Got rid of them and streeeeeeched my arms as far as I could. Sooner or later we all have to give in. Right now I've got a combination of contacts, reading strength with my contacts, reading strength without my glassses......It complicates my life greatly. Makes me glad I carry a purse!
ha, so it's just that my arms are short?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I got bifocals in my late 30's so I could see to do fine needlework
yes they take getting used to
now I have trifocals, getting used to those is so fun!!!!!!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
ha, so it's just that my arms are short?
Yup! A couple of hours on the rack and you'll be as right as rain. But that's a whole 'nother thread!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #15
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I have had mine for two years. Progressives. The first couple of weeks, I spent tripping over things, running into door frames, getting seasick going down stairs. These days, I can't see a thing without them, and will have to replace these pretty soon. But, once I got used to them, I was fine.
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #16
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Where's my magnifying glass!

I too have been having issues and have had readers for years. I got my eyes checked in Dec and got new glasses but I still have to wear my readers to drive--the Dr explained it to me because it didn't make sense but essentially it is because my eyes get so tired.

Because I am a techie and on computers all day and night I got the new computer lens which is similiar to progressives but different. The glases are set to make the distance to my computer the primary distance in the glass and then it progresses from there. I love them and had no issue getting acclimated to them. I definitely cannot drive in them though.

What shocked me was how expensive new glasses are--HOLY CRAP!! Mine were almost $700 and that is with a basic none designer frame. I love the fact that I can see so much better. I didn't realize how bad I was struggling until I got this pair. I'm saving for a second pair cause I now know how blind I've become. Sadly I used to have eagle eyes...not so much anymore!
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Apocalipstic,

I got my first pair about 2 weeks ago. I used my old pair of Ray Ban's Wavefarers. They work great. But I know what you mean about seeing. A huge difference.

Andrew

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #18
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo View Post
I too have been having issues and have had readers for years. I got my eyes checked in Dec and got new glasses but I still have to wear my readers to drive--the Dr explained it to me because it didn't make sense but essentially it is because my eyes get so tired.

Because I am a techie and on computers all day and night I got the new computer lens which is similiar to progressives but different. The glases are set to make the distance to my computer the primary distance in the glass and then it progresses from there. I love them and had no issue getting acclimated to them. I definitely cannot drive in them though.

What shocked me was how expensive new glasses are--HOLY CRAP!! Mine were almost $700 and that is with a basic none designer frame. I love the fact that I can see so much better. I didn't realize how bad I was struggling until I got this pair. I'm saving for a second pair cause I now know how blind I've become. Sadly I used to have eagle eyes...not so much anymore!
Mine are for reading and computer too. The close part is for reading and the upper part is for computer. It used to drive me nuts to read stuff on paper to type on a comuter screen. Also, shopping for books...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
Apocalipstic,

I got my first pair about 2 weeks ago. I used my old pair of Ray Ban's Wavefarers. They work great. But I know what you mean about seeing. A huge difference.

Andrew

Seeing rocks and its great to see I am not alone.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #19
Legendryder

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

Legendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST ReputationLegendryder Has the BEST Reputation

I just planning on using these same frames, with new lens. Nothing wrong with them, so why spend the money?
Legendryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Legendryder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #20
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

And you can also use your old sunglasses too. Frames are frames. It is the lenses that count. My old Ray Ban's Wave Farer's were so scratched up. I wasn't using them at all. Now, I am full time.
Reading was a nightmare. Everything was so off. What I thought I was reading I wasn't. Like a 7 was a 2. Go figure.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post: