Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Post Tiger Woods - The Entire Situation

Today Tiger apologized for his behavior, having numerous affairs, and for betraying his wife & children, family, friends, and so on. He is in a private in-patient therapy for sex addiction.

What I saw was a hurting man, someone who was really confessing his "sins" to the world, and wanting to make amends for his lack of control. In my mind he was sincere.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yes he seemed to be hurting.

Not to be rude, but to me. There are more important things in this world that we have to be worrying about. I could hear him on the news, but I didn't watch it. I personally think that the media has over blown this whole situation. And we, the viewers have picked sides and pointed at a man for our own satisfaction and belittlement knowing we have our own faults and injustice to deal with.
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Blaze,

The thing with this is the children. He has so much money tied up with his foundation, and with helping under-priviledged children. These children look up to TW as a role model. And he failed them all, including his own.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

It was refreshing to see someone stand up and take responsibility for his mistakes. No blaming his wife, his past, whatever. I also agree that the particulars of his affairs are not the business of the general public. Those are matters between him and his wife.

Maybe I am a bit of a sap but I felt like what he said and presented were genuine. The facts are that many watched this "breaking news" earlier today. Hopefully if nothing else, humility, taking responsibility publicly will serve as a teachable moment.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Set my alarm for snooze

He was boring before and he's just as boring now.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

I could care less about Tiger Woods and his sexcapades. That said, is the "I am a sex addict" defense the new, "The Devil made me do it"?? *Shakes mah head*
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Sex addiction, is that what cheating is called these days or is there a 12 step program for cheaters?

I could care less whether or not he was unfaithful to his wife, but I also don't feel sorry for him. If you are a public figure and make a lot of money from being one, then your comings and goings will be noted. So if you want to keep your public image, then don't do stupid things. If you want to be stupid, be stupid and have your ass handed to you. If you want to be private, then don't become a public figure.

Sure maybe the media shouldn't dig in, but I also wonder why golfers get paid millions and millions of dollars to play a game or millions and millions of dollars to endorse things. Oh yeah so we will spend money.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

TW is just another over pampered rich guy who got caught with his pants down with a string of women..I feel sorry for his wife and kids..not him.He knew what he was geting in to and thats a fact.Like most men he forgot the meaning of what is is to be faithful to his marriage/wife/kids while he was chuckholding his wife.Me feel sorry for him,hell no!
Rockin
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Sex addiction, is that what cheating is called these days or is there a 12 step program for cheaters?
Bully, I do not believe for a moment that all "cheaters" suffer from sex addiction. However I do believe it is possible that one can suffer from sex addicition. Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA) and Sex and Love Addicts (SLAA) have been in existence for many years.

http://saa-recovery.org/

http://www.slaafws.org/
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2saapueIg"]YouTube- Oprah Winfrey Show - Inside Sex Addiction Rehab 11/23/2009 Part 1[/ame]
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
BornBronson
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently banned 7/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
Straight Butch Woman
Relationship Status:
Nice Tie

BornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond reputeBornBronson has a reputation beyond repute

IMO,he didn't have to apologize to anyone.He knows what he did was wrong and while he was doing it.In his game it's all about the money...and when he started losing to much of it,well,he called a press conference.After all,you can't have those type of women in your life anymore without all that money..now can you Mr.Woods.

Turn to the lord Tiger,and all will be well.I'd advice the same thing to all those young ladies.Ahhh,but what money can buy.

That is all.
BornBronson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BornBronson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't see it, uhhh well OSHA don't allow TV's on a forklift. This is my take. He doesn't owe anyone anything except his wife and his kids. As for being a role model or a hero and all those kids he let down. #1 kids shouldn't even have a clue as to what sex or adultery is to have that effect their view of him. #2 role models are human they make mistakes, what a great lesson to learn as a child #3 children really should have other role models than athletes#4 leave TW alone and let him deal with whatever his issue is this is a personal matter and the media and the rest of the world should stay out of it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #13
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i didn't see it, but from the earlier press, it sounds like he has an addiction to prescription drugs as well. It makes sense that he might have a number of addictions. Many addicts do. i take sex addiction seriously. Anything you do to alter your state of mind and avoid life, anything which done long term can fuck up your life, that can be a dangerous addiction. i hope the help he is getting works. i wish him the best. He's paying big time for his addictions. Most of us do. He's young, educated and rich though. He's got a chance at a bright future.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornBronson View Post
IMO,he didn't have to apologize to anyone.He knows what he did was wrong and while he was doing it.In his game it's all about the money...and when he started losing to much of it,well,he called a press conference.After all,you can't have those type of women in your life anymore without all that money..now can you Mr.Woods.

Turn to the lord Tiger,and all will be well.I'd advice the same thing to all those young ladies.Ahhh,but what money can buy.

That is all.
Yeah Tiger could be just like Jimmy and turn to the lord.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1OXAi7rNMg"]YouTube- I HAVE SINNED[/ame]
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i didn't see it, but from the earlier press, it sounds like he has an addiction to prescription drugs as well. It makes sense that he might have a number of addictions. Many addicts do. i take sex addiction seriously. Anything you do to alter your state of mind and avoid life, anything which done long term can fuck up your life, that can be a dangerous addiction. i hope the help he is getting works. i wish him the best. He's paying big time for his addictions. Most of us do. He's young, educated and rich though. He's got a chance at a bright future.
Yes, a very dangerous addiction. My hope is that through the Tiger Wood's situation, sexual addictions become better understood and recognized for what they are and how they can ruin lives. Treatment for sexual addictions just doesn't get the press that many others do. Some other well known names that come up for me are JFK, Bill Clinton, & Scott Peterson. There are more and women can have sexual addictions too.

I hope with this story unfolding, that the use of modern day male-erectile prescription abuse starts getting some press as well.

Last edited by AtLast; 02-19-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: additions
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
sharkchomp

How Do You Identify?:
TG/stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,341 Times in 309 Posts
sharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputationsharkchomp Has the BEST Reputation

It's not any of my business who TW had sex with or the state of his marriage. I also feel it wasn't any of my business who President Clinton screwed around with or his marriage. While they may have public personas, they also have private lives. But that's just my look at things. TW's sexual affairs have no bearing on me buying something from one of his sponsors. He's still the greatest golfer ever.

~~~shark~~~~~~~

take a fish boating
sharkchomp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sharkchomp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I watched the video. It was a press conference to apologize mostly to his corporate sponsors and the PGA- as he said any apology to his wife would be private. He also let everyone know he would be returning to golf.

He said he had felt he deserved to enjoy himself because he had worked hard and become successful. Maybe he's a sex addict, maybe he isn't. He's rich and famous. He was found out because of that. He's following the path of many celebrities before him for staging a comeback- holding a press conference to say he's sorry and checking himself into rehab.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
Just_G

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, Switch, Comedian...G...whichever.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He....with an e!
Relationship Status:
I'll take kinky & twisted for $200, Alex!!

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 6,165 Times in 1,450 Posts
Just_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST ReputationJust_G Has the BEST Reputation

So here is my .02 worth: I didn't think one bit of that "apology" was sincere. It was very rehearsed and the only time he looked up was when he wanted to make eye contact with the camera when he said "I'm very sorry". I don't give a rat's ass about Cheetah Woods...he is a liar and a cheater, and has no bearing on my life personally. He has no right to tell the media to leave his family alone when HE is the cause of that dramatic shitty mess.

I do hope he never comes back to play golf again because he will do nothing but make the golf course a circus and a distraction to the other golfers playing the game. (that don't have all the big sponsorships)

I think he DID leave one thing out of his apology, and that would be the tail end of it in the hidden ink, much like people hide things on here...lol

"I am very sorry I got caught."

Last edited by Just_G; 02-19-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Just_G is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just_G For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #19
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I just have no idea why he is appologizing at all. It is none of our business who he has sex with...I do not get why we care.

The only time it is our business is when politicians and other public figures run on beingagainst Gay Marriage or someone else's sexual escapades, then are found cheating on their spouses in airport restrooms.

is golf supposed to be virtuous?
Old 02-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #20
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
I just have no idea why he is appologizing at all. It is none of our business who he has sex with...I do not get why we care.

The only time it is our business is when politicians and other public figures run on beingagainst Gay Marriage or someone else's sexual escapades, then are found cheating on their spouses in airport restrooms.

is golf supposed to be virtuous?

I absolutely agree with this post.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: