Up In the Air 1 1.85%
An Education 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #61
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
I don't exactly love Joan but my goooooooooooooood Ryan Seacrest is stupid and boring. And the two drones up in the "pressbox" are not any better.

What's with the animation when they analyze a gown? It's like MNF diagraming a play.
I agree- it's sadly lacking. I love/hate Joan too but at least she added some spastic energy. I really hope someone wears something truly over-the-top (and I'm not talking about that hunk of granite on the front of Sarah Jesssica Parker's gown either) and someone ruins their career by some twatish behavior or self-righteous political statement! Immaletyoufinish.

Enjoy Everyone!
Happy Oscars!!!
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #62
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
I agree- it's sadly lacking. I love/hate Joan too but at least she added some spastic energy. I really hope someone wears something truly over-the-top (and I'm not talking about that hunk of granite on the front of Sarah Jesssica Parker's gown either) and someone ruins their career by some twatish behavior or self-righteous political statement! Immaletyoufinish.

Enjoy Everyone!
Happy Oscars!!!
Bravo...but you know, someone will blow it.
Happy Oscars...it's show time, gotta go.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #63
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I don't like Sandra's gown.
(or that shade of lipstick)
Old 03-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #64
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

These dances and dancers are incredible!

And I liked James Taylor singing for the In Memoriam tribute.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #65
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Best dressed: penelope, j lo and meryl...stunning...just my .02
Old 03-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #66
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jeff...way to go, dude!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #67
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Yay! His speech was awesome too!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #68
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

No surprises so far. I enjoyed Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin in their snuggies on the couch backstage.....heh.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #69
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Beautiful speech by Sandra Bullock (it seems that the Oscars are following what the Golden Globes are -- although I have to admit I'm hoping that Avatar doesn't win Best Picture).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #70
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Sandra, awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 10:59 PM   #71
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Wow. Best Director and Best Picture for The Hurt Locker! How amazing! Bravo to them all.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #72
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Kathryn Bigelow. The Hurt Locker. Bravo!.

great Oscar awards, I think. smooth, nothing contrived or boring. Steve and Alec were great, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #73
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

That was awesome!

Thanks for the thread, Jet!

(now, how am I going to go to sleep when I'm all hyped up! work, blah.)
Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #74
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I'm not disappointed in any of the winners or the presentation, I think it went off without a hitch. Really nice for once.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #75
sweetcali
BFP Angel

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Yes I have a status.

Location: I ride a cowboy in Rodeo in the communist nation of the isle of cali.
sweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputationsweetcali Has the BEST Reputation

Well seeing as I haven't seen a new movie or been to the movies in over 3 years I mostly watch the Oscars to see what dresses they are wearing. I thought there were better dresses this year then in past years.

sweetcali
sweetcali is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sweetcali For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #76
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Best dressed: penelope, j lo and meryl...stunning...just my .02

Ditto! All the ladies really. Beautiful, funny, glam and insightful. All of them have their chops by now. Just getting there. Here's to the ladies.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 03:36 PM   #77
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
I'm not disappointed in any of the winners or the presentation, I think it went off without a hitch. Really nice for once.

I wonder who designed the set, it was more glamorous than in recent years! Fabulous! My favorite part! (which means someone is gonna call here (my work) and want us to recreate it any day now....laugh)

What was the running joke with Clooney?

My favorite dress was Jennifer Lopez. HOT!

The dancers were amazing and the sound was even good.

I agree with Jet, it went off without a hitch. Great fun!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #78
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
What was the running joke with Clooney?

My favorite dress was Jennifer Lopez. HOT!

I agree with Jet, it went off without a hitch. Great fun!
This is how I read the running joke about Clooney with Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. I read it as Martin and Baldwin pretending to be envious and jealous of Clooney. Clooney is "older" like them. Clooney gets the Academy Award nomination, Great roles in films handed to him and the attention of many of the ladies.

The hitch came when the Short Documentary film "Music By Prudence" set in Zimbabwe won. The director went to the Podium to accept the Oscar and the Producer, a woman, pulled a Kanye West moment.

As for the fun quotient, I will give it an 8. Trust me, an 8 is much fun in my book.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #79
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good for her!

Not exactly a Kanye moment....excerpted from http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/blog/...y-kanye-moment by Lindsay Robertson

"Turns out the lady in purple wasn't a showboating entertainer attempting to steal the spotlight from the real winner -- "Lady Kanye" was a credited producer of the film (her name is Elinor Burkett). In other words, unlike Kanye West, Burkett did have a legitimate claim to the Oscar microphone. Or at least part of it.

Each producer claims credit for the idea of "Music By Prudence," the inspiring story of a Zimbabwean singer/songwriter who was born disabled. But the Academy's strict rules on acceptance speeches only allow time for one person to speak. Clearly neither filmmaker wanted to surrender the speech to the other. (In fact, if you watch the video carefully, you can see that Williams was waiting in the aisle when the award was announced, and seemed to race to the stage with remarkable speed.)

In contrast to the Kanye West incident, which occurred only during the live TV broadcast, a backstage Oscar "thank-you cam" shows that Burkett was still pursuing Williams even after the televised fracas.

According to Salon.com, which wrangled separate phone interviews with both Williams and Burkett shortly after the incident, the two filmmakers have been in a dispute about the film for over a year.

Burkett, critically acclaimed author of several nonfiction books about subjects like the AIDS crisis and abuse in the Catholic Church, says the movie was her idea and that Williams "hadn't even heard of Zimbabwe before [she] told him about this." She also says the two clashed over the film's direction. Their argument resulted in a lawsuit that was "settled amicably out of court." Burkett also accuses Williams of not passing along invites to parties the two were invited to for the film, and even says that her race to the stage was intentionally impeded by Williams' mother's cane.

Williams disputes Burkett's account of the cane-tripping incident, saying his mother was just getting up to hug him. He also claims he was as much a part of the film as Burkett, citing the money he spent to fly to Zimbabwe to put the film together after Burkett told him about seeing Prudence perform."
---------------------------------

Another "hitch" was The Cove Oscar speech getting cut off for activist message:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_490305.html
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #80
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
This is how I read the running joke about Clooney with Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin. I read it as Martin and Baldwin pretending to be envious and jealous of Clooney. Clooney is "older" like them. Clooney gets the Academy Award nomination, Great roles in films handed to him and the attention of many of the ladies.

The hitch came when the Short Documentary film "Music By Prudence" set in Zimbabwe won. The director went to the Podium to accept the Oscar and the Producer, a woman, pulled a Kanye West moment.

As for the fun quotient, I will give it an 8. Trust me, an 8 is much fun in my book.
Ah, the Clooney thing makes sense, he does seem pretty enviable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
Not exactly a Kanye moment....excerpted from http://oscars.movies.yahoo.com/blog/...y-kanye-moment by Lindsay Robertson

"Turns out the lady in purple wasn't a showboating entertainer attempting to steal the spotlight from the real winner -- "Lady Kanye" was a credited producer of the film (her name is Elinor Burkett). In other words, unlike Kanye West, Burkett did have a legitimate claim to the Oscar microphone. Or at least part of it.

Each producer claims credit for the idea of "Music By Prudence," the inspiring story of a Zimbabwean singer/songwriter who was born disabled. But the Academy's strict rules on acceptance speeches only allow time for one person to speak. Clearly neither filmmaker wanted to surrender the speech to the other. (In fact, if you watch the video carefully, you can see that Williams was waiting in the aisle when the award was announced, and seemed to race to the stage with remarkable speed.)

In contrast to the Kanye West incident, which occurred only during the live TV broadcast, a backstage Oscar "thank-you cam" shows that Burkett was still pursuing Williams even after the televised fracas.

According to Salon.com, which wrangled separate phone interviews with both Williams and Burkett shortly after the incident, the two filmmakers have been in a dispute about the film for over a year.

Burkett, critically acclaimed author of several nonfiction books about subjects like the AIDS crisis and abuse in the Catholic Church, says the movie was her idea and that Williams "hadn't even heard of Zimbabwe before [she] told him about this." She also says the two clashed over the film's direction. Their argument resulted in a lawsuit that was "settled amicably out of court." Burkett also accuses Williams of not passing along invites to parties the two were invited to for the film, and even says that her race to the stage was intentionally impeded by Williams' mother's cane.

Williams disputes Burkett's account of the cane-tripping incident, saying his mother was just getting up to hug him. He also claims he was as much a part of the film as Burkett, citing the money he spent to fly to Zimbabwe to put the film together after Burkett told him about seeing Prudence perform."
---------------------------------

Another "hitch" was The Cove Oscar speech getting cut off for activist message:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_490305.html

It did seem a bit awkward, now that you mention it...I had forgotten. I was probably trying to figure out how many fly lines they had, and legs and what the sparkly stuff was around the proscenium.