Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation
Default Butch Products

What products do y'all use?

Deodorants, hair products, etc?

Let's talk!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2018, 10:10 PM   #2
BermieSwim

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her ... hey you
Relationship Status:
Single

BermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST Reputation

Well I'm boring... Dial soap, finesse or really whatever shampoo I like the smell of on any given day, unscented deodorant.. no cologne or other products really.
BermieSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BermieSwim For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 12:39 AM   #3
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

I’ve always used Men’s Speedstick deodorant. I’ve been trying different smells, but the one I’m currently really loving is called “Glacier”.
As for shampoo, I recently bought a bottle of EveryManJack, and I really love it. It doesn’t have the stereotypically masculine scent, but it smells very minty. As for bar soap, I recently found a fair-trade company called Dr. Bronner’s; the one I got is also very minty, I love it.
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 10:13 AM   #4
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

I use Old Spice Swagger body wash and Swagger shampoo. Although, I'm going with Suave shampoo after I finish the Swagger. I use the Old Spice Swagger deodorant. I, also, have some bath and body works Noir body wash. I have an assortment of body sprays and colognes for the final layer of scent.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Uh oh... I had no idea I was so "girlie." lol

Shampoo / Conditioner ... Aussie's

Deodorant ... Secret (Shower Fresh)

Face... Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil With Vitamin E - Rose-hip Fragrance Yes, I just said all that. lol

Lotion ... I mix Gold Bond's Ultimate Healing and Gold Bond's Ultimate Radiance Renewal. Both moisturize very well and the second adds a hint of cocoa butter scent.

Cologne ... none at this time

Something happened in my late teens / early 20's where the products I was using (mostly men's) started to make me break out and/or started to smell just awful ... a change in my chemistry? Shrug!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2018, 07:01 PM   #6
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Shampoo... Anything that I like at the time, it can range from dove mens to garnier whole blends coconut/ milk shampoo.

Deodorants are old spice timber, swagger, pure sport plus. For work its degree stress and right guard artic refresh gel

Soap is old spice timber, swagger, pure sport plus or my friends homemade bar soaps sandalwood and eucalyptus/spearmint scents.

Lotion cetaphil unscented lotion for face, body is manready mercantile bergamot and teak.

Colognes i listed on cologne recommendations thread.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Who uses a pomade for their hair?

I need a good non greasy brand to use in my hair!
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #8
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Who uses a pomade for their hair?

I need a good non greasy brand to use in my hair!
I'll use it every once and a while, but the brand I've been using is Garnier Fructis matte; the one I have is called "Surf Hair". I've never found it to be too greasy, but then again, I haven't used a lot of different brands to compare it to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 08:41 PM   #9
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I'll use it every once and a while, but the brand I've been using is Garnier Fructis matte; the one I have is called "Surf Hair". I've never found it to be too greasy, but then again, I haven't used a lot of different brands to compare it to.
Thanks for the heads up, I saw one I wanted to buy but good lord 16 bucks is too much for me right now LOL, budget gets ya!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:47 PM   #10
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

I got a new hair styling product got2be by Schwarzkopf, and I think I like it better than the garnier one. The new one's not...wet. I don't know how to put it, but it's...dry, I like it, and it smells good too.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #11
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I finally found a pomade for my hair. At sally beauty in the mens section! Its 8 bucks, non greasy and doesnt have an overpowering smell.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #12
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Sorry forgot a link lol

https://www.sallybeauty.com/beauty/s...rburys&start=1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #13
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Have any of yall tried any natural deodorants?

I want to try the Schmidt's brand but its expensive online and the store doesnt carry the scent I want.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #14
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,764 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Have any of yall tried any natural deodorants?

I want to try the Schmidt's brand but its expensive online and the store doesnt carry the scent I want.
I tried the Tom's brand. I wasn't happy with it.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #15
hagster

How Do You Identify?:
Nothing to see here, folks.
Relationship Status:
prison lesbian

hagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputationhagster Has the BEST Reputation

This is the latest hair product for me. It also works as a dry shampoo, so it's not oily at all. The hold is great and I'm surprised how I like the gritty, beach sand feel to it. Really easy to work with; I don't have to wash my hands after using it.

Aquage Transforming Paste is my go to, though, regardless of how long the top gets. I've used it for a few years now and have a tube in every bathroom.

I use a quartz deodorant; can't get much more natural than that. It took some getting used to but in the 20 or so years, I can probably count on one hand the number of times it didn't stop odor. Any other deodorant feels gross heavy now.
hagster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hagster For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 AM   #16
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Found those natural deodorants (crystal type) didn't work for me. Especially on T, I don't dare.
For years, I have depended on my Mitchum triple odor protection
unscented gel roll on.
Has not failed me yet even after a weekend doing nothing but watching college hoops and sleeping.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2018, 08:46 PM   #17
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Most natural deodorants have propylene glycol in it, even though its aluminiun free.

So I think I'm gonna end up breaking down and buying online. After I use up my last deodorants.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:55 AM   #18
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

If anyone’s looking for aftershave/cologne products, Euphoria Men by Calvin Klein smells really nice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ender For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 07:34 AM   #19
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Blast From the Past

https://www.artofmanliness.com/artic...y-grant-shine/
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2018, 09:21 AM   #20
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
LOL.....I remember using my dad's Vitalis when I was a kid. Also I have to say I scrolled through the rest of the article and very much enjoyed it. Thanks for the post!
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post: