imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Dear twerking bootch

Please include pictures or video with post so we can see the body language clearly. Understanding your interpretive dance is important to us. If possible, please have subtitles on your underwear.

Glitter rainbow kisses
Dutchess Feminazi
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2015, 07:18 PM   #102
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=Jane Bond;1028082]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
It's ok. I get fucked off because I tend to wind up with butches who: want me to be a house maid and do all the cleaning, do all the cooking, make sure we are on par with writing budget costs, play nursey for them whenever they get sick, look after their dog(s) when they are hung over, do the grocery shopping, do all the admin stuff with bills and letters, talk to the health services and bank and gas people if they call and out my number as the contact, talk to their parents and charm them when they don't want to talk to them, deal with their siblings in the same way, buy the birthday and Christmas presents for their family members, remind them of appointments, do their fucking laundry, and because I'm a massage therapist, give them a nice rub too. All while I'm working to bring in cash.<<<

You really mean that you've encountered some butches who are that demanding and locked in that kind of 1950s male husband stereotype? I have never met a femme who would do all that, or any butch who expected her femme to act that way. The femmes I have known and loved have been feminists, had careers, took no sh*t, but they were nurturing, sexy, fun to be around and willing to split household duties and expenses 50/50. Not to mention the lingerie, ooh la la.
It's starts off that way. Then several years later it winds up being very different. I'm no carpet. I would never agree to such a thing. But four years later, after an egalitarian start, that is, very much what happens. I'm not old school. I'm post modern and feminist. Yet, still shit happens. I'm not blaming others- like I said before, when you posted about the *other* women you dated... The ones who were not like the ones in your above quoted post? The "gimme gimme" femmes (your descriptors) that you dated? Member talking abut those ones?

I will repeat what I said previously, I need better boundaries so that slippage doesn't happen four years later. I don't personally trust myself that after years of being with someone happens, and their behaviour starts doing what others have done, I will say clean up your act or hit the highway. I didn't with my exwife, instead I made allowances and excuses because life was being hard to her. And I loved her and cared about her.

It's not always simple. I find things go very much into dynamics that slowly slip, over the years, when living with someone. So, my choice is to just not. They have their place, I have mine. We treat each other's houses like little holidays. I've always preferred that. They do their own house chores, I hire a cleaner for mine (I'm not a haus frau), my money is mine and theirs is theirs to do with as they wish, not my biz. I can invite my mates over for a cocktail at 10pm, I don't have to ask if it's ok.

I just like the set up better. Keeps my sex drive healthy to have my own space.
I feel better about my boundaries. They don't have to be my daddy ALL the time, and I'm not their mum. I just like our independence

Different boats, different floats.

Good luck with yours

Last edited by imperfect_cupcake; 11-22-2015 at 07:25 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2015, 10:14 AM   #103
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

It's funny - I'm not used to reading comments like the ones posted by Jane in this space but wow do I ever hear those comments in person, especially one-on-one. In the real world, Jane's perspective is unfortunately the norm in some places. Happily not here.

A while back, I crossed a few butches off the dating list for complaining about what femmes are like in what seemed like a cartoonish way. It feels like in the real world - at least in central Texas - people either don't know what a femme is at all or imagine we are cartoons. As I told a friend at the time though, I'm done teaching femme 101. *shrug*

As far as butch and butch goes - if I were butch, I would be all about it.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl

Last edited by Nat; 11-23-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #104
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Bond View Post
You really mean that . . .
Really??? ======
Old 11-25-2015, 11:33 PM   #105
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
I look in the mirror and it's me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Jane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Dear twerking bootch

Please include pictures or video with post so we can see the body language clearly. Understanding your interpretive dance is important to us. If possible, please have subtitles on your underwear.

Glitter rainbow kisses
Dutchess Feminazi
Wow, I like this side of you about 95% better. Could you please send me pics of you demonstrating what you want to see me doing in pics?
BTW...My unicorn horn feels very firm tonight.

Sincerely,
TwerkyB
Jane Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:43 PM   #106
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Jane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST ReputationJane Bond Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

[quote=imperfect_cupcake;1028105]
Quote:

It's starts off that way. Then several years later it winds up being very different. I'm no carpet. I would never agree to such a thing. But four years later, after an egalitarian start, that is, very much what happens. I'm not old school. I'm post modern and feminist. Yet, still shit happens. I'm not blaming others- like I said before, when you posted about the *other* women you dated... The ones who were not like the ones in your above quoted post? The "gimme gimme" femmes (your descriptors) that you dated? Member talking abut those ones?

I will repeat what I said previously, I need better boundaries so that slippage doesn't happen four years later. I don't personally trust myself that after years of being with someone happens, and their behaviour starts doing what others have done, I will say clean up your act or hit the highway. I didn't with my exwife, instead I made allowances and excuses because life was being hard to her. And I loved her and cared about her.

It's not always simple. I find things go very much into dynamics that slowly slip, over the years, when living with someone. So, my choice is to just not. They have their place, I have mine. We treat each other's houses like little holidays. I've always preferred that. They do their own house chores, I hire a cleaner for mine (I'm not a haus frau), my money is mine and theirs is theirs to do with as they wish, not my biz. I can invite my mates over for a cocktail at 10pm, I don't have to ask if it's ok.

I just like the set up better. Keeps my sex drive healthy to have my own space.
I feel better about my boundaries. They don't have to be my daddy ALL the time, and I'm not their mum. I just like our independence

Different boats, different floats.

Good luck with yours
<<<<<

I understand what you're saying, and I'm pleasantly startled to realize I feel almost the same way. By that I mean I may want to settle down in the same house with a partner one day, but it's not going to be anytime soon. Yeah, I recall mentioning the gimme gimmes, but I was freshly back on the dating scene and my picker had to be recalibrated several times at first.
I like women like I like wine--the older the vintage...nevermind... I don't want to draw any more gunfire.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:50 PM   #107
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
It's funny - I'm not used to reading comments like the ones posted by Jane in this space but wow do I ever hear those comments in person, especially one-on-one. In the real world, Jane's perspective is unfortunately the norm in some places. Happily not here.

A while back, I crossed a few butches off the dating list for complaining about what femmes are like in what seemed like a cartoonish way. It feels like in the real world - at least in central Texas - people either don't know what a femme is at all or imagine we are cartoons. As I told a friend at the time though, I'm done teaching femme 101. *shrug*

As far as butch and butch goes - if I were butch, I would be all about it.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Wow, I feel like the donkey in a game of pin the tail on the donkey.
I have to admit, I don't have much experience with sites like this where people free-style their comments. Perhaps (hopefully) I am making all the mistakes right away so I can get past them asap. Or...maybe I am a donkey. Hmm.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:09 AM   #108
Jane Bond
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
Welcome Jane.

Jane, when you find your butch and have your flingette, long after both the uncomplicated sex and the game are over, which one of you is going to wiggle about the house in a French maid`s outfit with a feather duster putting it all pretty again?...just asking !

Daisy
<<<

That was funny! I think that phase has slowed down considerably 4 me.
I figured out what the deal was with that butch thing. I recently changed colognes, and this new one is some kind of space age molecular lab project that contains only alcohol and one ingredient that is supposed to meld with the user's body chemistry and amp it up so people either don't notice it at all or they ask what it is, follow you home, try to get in your car, or lick you on the neck.
I think butches must like it because they usually don't respond to me like that---all smiley and twinkly eyed. But it turns out femmes like it, too! WooHoo!
There is another cologne called Pheromone that attracts men and butches but ... I gave my bottle to my straight sister.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:00 AM   #109
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

[quote=Jane Bond;1028788]
Quote:
<<<<<

I understand what you're saying, and I'm pleasantly startled to realize I feel almost the same way. By that I mean I may want to settle down in the same house with a partner one day, but it's not going to be anytime soon. Yeah, I recall mentioning the gimme gimmes, but I was freshly back on the dating scene and my picker had to be recalibrated several times at first.
I like women like I like wine--the older the vintage...nevermind... I don't want to draw any more gunfire.

We'll thing is, people here are just as opinionated as you are. I've gotten into full on scraps with lots of people here, mostly years ago. I got my arse handed to me on a plate a few times. I stuck around and learned how to socially understand posting in large forums.

Understanding number one - people don't know context to your comments unless you actually tell them.
Understanding number two - saying, yeah, ok that was kinda shit. Sorry. And meaning it rather than trying to always keep a wry upper hand works well. But then I used to apologise for a living and having to explain to hospital workers that saying "sorry" to patients saved a fuckton of bad feelings, upset and me having to mediates formal complaint.

Cheek is hard to read in text from those you don't know. And it's really culturally dependant on it being funny.

Don't take it personally. And saying things in like "I don't want to draw more gunfire" ... Dude, put a cup on it won't stop people from voicing their opinions on the subjects you talk about anymore than it would stop you from responding to their posts.

It's a discussion forum. People are going to tell you exactly what they think. If you don't like certain posters, block them. You won't see their posts. I have a couple people blocked.

That's just an aside about posting in large, community based forums. Some of us "know each other" for 15 years.

I personally miss the big meaty topics with lots of argumentation and critical thinking. And if you used some faulty thinking, you got called out on it. If you couldn't say "oh, right. Shit. Ok. I see your point" then you looked like a complete twat. That, at least, still happens here. People speak out and people take things on the chin.

Anyway, back to the thread. Sorry for the derail.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2015, 12:44 AM   #110
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
<snip> ... because I had no idea this site was so stacked with PC police, Feminist volunteer editors and other literal types.
Read: "I had no idea so many people on one website wouldn't put up with my chest-thumping, antiquated, bullshit ideas about how femmes should behave."

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2016, 04:06 AM   #111
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Hmmmm I kinda wondered by what was meant by the PC police but I got my question answered!

Personally why does it matter it it's butch/butch, you can't help who you fall in love with or date, etc. Love is love.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #112
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Chat has me thinking about this again!

So I am bumping the thread, lets talk!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 09:53 PM   #113
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Interested in your opinion
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

ClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST Reputation

I've been attracted to butches as well as femmes and in two LTRs with other butches

I think it totally can work IF both are comfortable with themselves. Unfortunately, in the last there seemed to be a discomfort in not having someone to "validate" their butchness. I was definitely the softer of the two of us, and I came to see they were ashamed of me. Hid me from friends and family, yelled at and punished me if I knew or did anything better than them in the "masculine" spectrum. Desired a certain bedroom dynamic that they then felt guilty for because it wasn't consistent with how they thought they should be.

I learned to hide. I would rejoice for time at home alone- I like to refurbish old hand tools and would throw a big old party for myself when they left.... then rush to hid everything in the back of the shed when they returned.

We always wanted to be able to enjoying the interests we shared.... hunting, fishing, driving off-road, camping...but the sense of competition killed it all.

Guess what I'm saying, is I get the attraction, but I know there can be some complicated dynamic. Put two healthy and secure butches together... oh the fun that be had lol
ClintB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ClintB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 02:45 PM   #114
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I still stand by my original statement, I may have to go back and re read it. I am attracted to whoever I am attracted to, femme,butch,mtf, ftm. I refuse to discriminate but to each their own on things.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #115
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

ClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST ReputationClintB Has the BEST Reputation

Yikes, there is a lot of mud slinging going on here.

Look, a good portion of the human population are shitbags. Femme shitbags, butch shitbags, trans shitbags, cis shits bags, straight shitbags.... and it isn't your fault I feel you run into one. It IS your fault is your start generalizing from the few bad ones to the whole group.

And if it's happening consistently... I really question whose fault it is. If you don't want to be a doormat, DONT BE A DOORMAT. No, I'm serious, it actually is that simple. Plus I hate to say it, but a lot of people get off on being the victim. They seek out a certain position in life just to complain about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClintB For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 08:20 PM   #116
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintB View Post
Yikes, there is a lot of mud slinging going on here.

Look, a good portion of the human population are shitbags. Femme shitbags, butch shitbags, trans shitbags, cis shits bags, straight shitbags.... and it isn't your fault I feel you run into one. It IS your fault is your start generalizing from the few bad ones to the whole group.

And if it's happening consistently... I really question whose fault it is. If you don't want to be a doormat, DONT BE A DOORMAT. No, I'm serious, it actually is that simple. Plus I hate to say it, but a lot of people get off on being the victim. They seek out a certain position in life just to complain about it.
No mud slinging at all, just opinions lol

I see the doormat, victim all the time from folks.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2017, 06:12 PM   #117
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Years ago, while I was earning my Bachelor's of Science degrees, I became good friends with a butch lesbian, who had just moved to Ashland from Las Vegas, where she spent many years as a sex worker. We're still very close friends to this day. We sometimes attended the same core classes, and we gravitated toward being study partners because in lots of our classes, She and I were known to take on really hard dialogues in group discussions, bantering back and forth, etc.

Anyhow, She eventually found herself in a relationship with another butch lesbian, and they were so incredibly right for each other. Cutest couple anyone ever did see.

Her partner died a couple years ago (though), but we still keep in touch. And I am glad for that because She was my best butch friend, ever. Anyhooo, all this to say that it shouldn't matter who a person is in an relationship with or how either individual identifies.

What matters, I think, especially in my best butch friends' case, was that both of them enjoyed each other immensely and it didn't matter to either one of them that they sort of shared an similar identity in being Butch. And any of us who knew each other were happy for them because it's kind of uncommonly rare when you find yourself well suited with the person you fall in love with and in an committed relationship with each other.

I thought they were absolutely adorable....and I counted myself very lucky to have been an chosen close friend.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2017, 11:05 PM   #118
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

I've been in both dynamics. I used to think I preferred butches only... it took a while for femmes to turn my head. Usually, I am the "softer" of the two. I think other butches are amazing and unique. If they weren't butch they were usually gender queer. I think I was really attracted to the queer aesthetic.

Femmes... it's so strange because I'm not really one who is that attracted to conventional beauty. So while I do see their attractiveness it doesn't really impact me the same. But recently I've gone crazy for them, and I'll tell you why. They really are like goddesses... damn if it isn't hot to watch them crush the world beneath their feet. The bitchier the better (using that in the best sense possible)... I love seeing a strong woman own some ignorant asshole. Their presence and strength is inspiring. I feel like I relax for once, because they got this shit.

But they make me hella nervous. Another butch I can just be frank. I'm all shy and twitchy around femmes
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ClintB For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #119
ClintB

How Do You Identify?:
Butch, questioning
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Downtrodden

So I realized my post was problematic... I basically fed into a believe that queer people look a certain way and that femmes don't look not queer. Rather than delete it I'm gunna own up and leave it... I guess we all drink the koolaid from time to time.

It makes me think, I think I held a lot of femme stereotypes. I felt insecure because they look like girls I've spent my life being grouped with and feeling so apart from. I could bet hack the girl thing and I think for that reason I felt, maybe even still feel, uncomfortable. I also have the, "they are pretty, I am ugly" insecurities. Slowly I started dating them, I still feel different, but I'm learning they can find me desirable and that without the society BS the differences are enjoyable and not threatening.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ClintB For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2017, 06:05 AM   #120
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
I've been in both dynamics. I used to think I preferred butches only... it took a while for femmes to turn my head. Usually, I am the "softer" of the two. I think other butches are amazing and unique. If they weren't butch they were usually gender queer. I think I was really attracted to the queer aesthetic.

Femmes... it's so strange because I'm not really one who is that attracted to conventional beauty. So while I do see their attractiveness it doesn't really impact me the same. But recently I've gone crazy for them, and I'll tell you why. They really are like goddesses... damn if it isn't hot to watch them crush the world beneath their feet. The bitchier the better (using that in the best sense possible)... I love seeing a strong woman own some ignorant asshole. Their presence and strength is inspiring. I feel like I relax for once, because they got this shit.

But they make me hella nervous. Another butch I can just be frank. I'm all shy and twitchy around femmes
Quote:
So I realized my post was problematic... I basically fed into a believe that queer people look a certain way and that femmes don't look not queer. Rather than delete it I'm gunna own up and leave it... I guess we all drink the koolaid from time to time.

It makes me think, I think I held a lot of femme stereotypes. I felt insecure because they look like girls I've spent my life being grouped with and feeling so apart from. I could bet hack the girl thing and I think for that reason I felt, maybe even still feel, uncomfortable. I also have the, "they are pretty, I am ugly" insecurities. Slowly I started dating them, I still feel different, but I'm learning they can find me desirable and that without the society BS the differences are enjoyable and not threatening.
I think your post was fine.

It seems to me like you are figuring out you are attracted to strong, assertive femmes (and may also match well with a femme who tends to be the more dominant one in the relationship). It seems like you have opened yourself up to seeing that the "power" in a person can come from a feminine place, not just a masculine place as we have been taught. Femme energy is extremely powerful in its own right, and when you match that with a assertive woman you will see the "hot" fireworks come out when they need to "handle shit". It is definitely different when you see it in a femme, rather than just a feminine woman. That is what you are being drawn to. Goddesses, indeed...

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: