Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #21
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I am thinking about taking mom to Dickens on the Strand in Galveston, Texas this year. It looks like big fun.

http://www.galveston.com/dickensonthestrand/
Yes for when traveling with mom that looks very good BUT may I suggest the Dinah Shore Open Palm Springs Women's Weekend, Ptown, or an Olivia Cruise for when travelling solo?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #22
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone know of a place that one can go zip lining in the contiguous 48 states? Maybe out west?
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:05 AM   #23
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Does anyone know of a place that one can go zip lining in the contiguous 48 states? Maybe out west?
I have some info and will post it later on today Cathexis
Old 06-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #24
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default scenic zip lines with Silver Streak.......

Home to 10 zip lines and an outdoor laser-tag arena on 250 acres of undisturbed mountainous terrain. Silver Streak Zip line Tours offers and exhilarating adventure rush in Wallace Idaho. Admire beautiful views of the scenery and wildlife while zipping along lines ranging from 325 feet to 1,800 feet long, at speeds reaching 60 mph.

AAA members save 15% off admission. To receive your discount, present your AAA membership card when you check in at Silver Streak's office. Season runs through mid-October.

For reservations and info called 208-556-1690. More info is available also on
http://www.silverstreakziplinetours.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #25
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite vacation ever was camping in the U.S. Virgin Islands national park on St. John. (I am suddenly having a flashback of writing a paper in the third grade, "How I spent my summer vacation" . . .)

Anyway, my partner at the time and I flew down to St. Thomas with all our camping and snorkeling gear. We spent our first and last nights at a B&B in Charlotte Amalie, visiting some great restaurants, drinking, and applying toothpaste to our mosquito bites. In between, via someone's personal fishing boat/water taxi, we traveled to St. John.

Cinnamon Bay campground is one of the nicest campgrounds I have ever been to. You camp right on the beach, but each campsite is private - they are separated by palm trees and these gigantic bushes with huge leaves. The facilities are extensive, nice and well-maintained; they have hot showers (need I say more?) Here's their web site: https://cinnamonbayresort.com/

The snorkeling was great. The water was clear, and warm. There were many opportunities for interacting with nature - I really felt a part of it, not just like an observer. The birds were fantastic. The mongooses were gigantic, and really fast. The crabs crawled past our tent down the beach every night. I had an (unwanted) close encounter with some large underwater predator - probably a shark . . . but I've told that story in another thread, so I won't repeat it here, except to say we were lucky and all turned out well.

The nearby town of Cruz Bay offers some nightlife, including some fantastic restaurants. Everything is on the pricey end. But, we did most of our eating by grilling out on the beach, anyway, so it was worth the splurges.

I miss this place so much. No other vacation has ever measured up, although I try to judge each one on its own merits. (I've traveled a bit around the world; I've stayed in hostels and resorts and 5-star hotels; I love Disney World. But this camping vacation on St. John was the ultimate. Really.) I don't think I will ever re-experience anything like it, either, because I am no longer physically capable of tent camping, and what with TSA now, I'm not sure it's possible to fly with all that equipment like we did back then. It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Thanks for traveling with me down memory lane.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2017, 08:44 AM   #26
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vacation

A decade or so back I had a conference in Lake Placid, NY and took my mom with me. We flew into Albany, NY and took the slow road to Lake Placid. By shear luck we passed the Adirondacks and I was just blown away from the beauty. I told mom that I wanted to live there and she replied that it was only like that a couple of months a year the rest of the time it was under snow. Okay it is a great place to visit.

I never forgot the natural beauty of the Adirondacks and I plan to return there again.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017, 01:49 PM   #27
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default The 18 Most Beautiful Highways for Road Trips (In and out of the U.S.)

The 18 Most Beautiful Highways for Road Trips

Jack Kerouac might have said it best in his famous novel On the Road: “I was halfway across America, at the dividing line between the East of my youth and the West of my future.” His words serve as a testament to the power of a road trip; how the process of packing a car and driving long distances has the ability to transform us. Yet, what about the roads themselves? What makes this form of travel more life-changing than, say, flying in an airplane? Or taking a cruise? The answer could be in the old chestnut: It’s not the destination but the journey that matters. AD rounds up 18 of the most beautiful road trips to take in your lifetime—routes that are as stunning for their natural beauty as they are for their architectural design.

-----------------------

(Photo: Getty Images)

Roughly 123 miles long, and cutting between Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef National Park is Utah's Highway 12. Originally built in 1914, the stretch of road winds in and out of beautiful sedimentary sandstone cliffs.
------------------------

For more click here.

Last edited by Orema; 07-31-2017 at 01:53 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2017, 05:10 PM   #28
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
A decade or so back I had a conference in Lake Placid, NY and took my mom with me. We flew into Albany, NY and took the slow road to Lake Placid. By shear luck we passed the Adirondacks and I was just blown away from the beauty. I told mom that I wanted to live there and she replied that it was only like that a couple of months a year the rest of the time it was under snow. Okay it is a great place to visit.

I never forgot the natural beauty of the Adirondacks and I plan to return there again.
Your mom is quite right. You'll want chains on your tires and a LOT of layers if you come outside of summer months. Pretty.... but cold and messy.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 10:18 AM   #29
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

With fall fast approaching consider visiting WA Olympic National Forests..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #30
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Some of the best fall foliage can be seen in and around Hiawatha National Forest.

Located in Michigan's wild and scenic Upper Peninsula, the Hiawatha National Forest's dramatic shorelines lie nestled up to Lakes Superior, Huron and Michigan -- three of the five great lakes. Lighthouses, islands, and abundant snow create a place of respite and play within a day's drive of urban and rural areas of Michigan, Wisconsin, other nearby states.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #31
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Badlands is beautiful in the Fall..and the chocolate glazed donuts at Wall Pharmacy in Wall are omg, the best!
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #32
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

OMG is that THE famous Wall Drugs that carries everything and the kitchen sink? I've seen those bumper stickers for years on cars!
Old 08-27-2017, 04:51 PM   #33
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Hawaii? What is there to know for a first time visitor?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 10:37 AM   #34
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Colmar france

This beautiful town has been owned by the French & Germans at different points in time.
Now its back in French hands, but you can still see the German influences.
Hopefully going there next year.
Google it, you wont be disappointed
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #35
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Priest Lake (Idaho)

Priest Lake is in the northern pan-handle of Idaho and it's gorgeous there, during the late summer months or early part of September. I only remember being there, when I was a young girl, but I plan to visit that area in the near future. I remember the fragrant air of the lake and the Ponderosa pines. So very pretty there, it really is.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 06:21 AM   #36
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Provincetown Massachusetts

I've only been here once, but it was one wild ride!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #37
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Provincetown Massachusetts

I've only been here once, but it was one wild ride!
yes H, but wasn't it fun?..i have fond memories
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #38
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I first went to Provincetown with my mother in 1955. She was a painter. It was an artists/writers/theatre colony then. The Gay artists and the Portuguese fishermen got along very well.
I've gone back many times since but it's never been as cool as it was then. I stopped going about 20 years ago when Commercial became a zoo of baby strollers and there were no alleys left where you could have a quick drink without being told to "move along, this is Private Property".
Old 01-03-2020, 10:39 AM   #39
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Murlough Bay, Fair Head Cliffs (subject of a song by Bob Dylan and 7th season locale for GOT)

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2020, 09:43 AM   #40
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Because of Covid-19 this year plan a staycation! Check out local haunts and pretend you're a tourist....

As most know, I'm most definitely not an outdoor enthusiast but IF you are this area offers trails for hiking, biking, camping, etc etc