Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-06-2016, 04:29 AM   #5781
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Sign up ends 9/16. Projects due to me on or before 10/14. They are officially late and the late rule applies on 10/22. See rule below.

"For 2016, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until January 1st, 2017. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. This rule must be posted at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules."

Here is my proposal: in addition to the method of weaving, choose one element (metal, wood, water, fire, earth) and one other option of your choice (zodiac signs, colors, seasons, directions, diseases, tastes, heavenly creatures) from the Five Elements Grid below. If you are familiar with this grid, then you know I've subtracted some options. I really don't want something connected to a bodily organ so that went out the window.

The Five Elements Grid

Elements Metal Wood Water Fire Earth (ONE OF THESE)

PLUS ONE OF THESE

Zodiac signs (yang) Monkey Tiger Rat Horse Dragon/Dog
Zodiac signs (yin) Rooster Rabbit Pig Snake Ox/Sheep
Colors White Green Black Red Brown
Seasons Autumn Spring Winter Summer Intermediate
Directions West East North South Central
Diseases Dry Wind Cold Hot Wet
Tastes Spicy Sour Salty Bitter Sweet
Planets Venus Jupiter Mercury Mars Saturn
Heavenly Creatures White Tiger Green Dragon Black Tortoise Vermilion Bird Yellow Dragon

If someone wants to include more than the minimum requirements, by all means, do so. But there would only be three required components: weaving, an element and one other grid option of your choice.

Keep the size of each piece reasonable; 5x7 or smaller. Remember to include $5 for shipping unless your pieces are on the larger side and then include more.

I'm excited for this project! I know it sounds difficult, but it's really not. Your grid option could be the color red so you would use the color red in the project with some sort of weaving (it can be added to the project as long as it's a part of the project itself and we can tell that it's weaving) and you could incorporate a piece of wood into the project (popsicle stick, anyone?). Bam! You've met the minimum requirements and are good to go.

Please don't make this more difficult than it really is. The most important thing is to have FUN. This is a bit out of the box in terms of our normal projects and I'd love for those participating to let themselves go and be as free as you can. Maybe even a little wonky. I love wonky. Wonky art winds up on my walls all the time!
Quote:
Alright! The sign up is CLOSED! No late sign ups allowed.

This is the final list of participants:

1. Gemme
2. clay
3. GeorgiaMa'am
4. cara
5. nycfem
6. CCB

Please see the post immediately before this one for details. Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions and make sure to get your 5 pieces and postage to me no later than October 14th. If they are received on or after the 22nd, they are late and you won't be able to participate in the last project of the year.

Everyone have fun and don't take yourself too seriously. I'm looking at a couple of you, specifically.

As a sidenote: maybe as a group, we should revisit the late rule as it is not 100% equal for all participants. Those who are late in the end of the year only have to wait out 1-2 projects but someone who is late in January has to wait all year. Something for us to touch on before the end of the year, maybe?
Time's a'ticking, pals! Please make sure to get your projects in the mail soon with postage funds included. If you'd like a particular person to get a certain piece make sure to mark it so I'll be able to tell.

The deadline is October 14th, just 8 days away! The project is officially LATE if I have not received it on or before the 22nd. If anyone needs me to resend my addy, please let me know.

I've received nyc's so far and she did great! Can't wait to see the rest!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2016, 05:56 AM   #5782
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default at 600am, I had this thought...:(

Just an FYI......
Matthew just may impact our packages coming out of Florida!!!!

Our mail goes through Orlando to be distributed elsewhere...just saying!!!!
Old 10-06-2016, 09:24 PM   #5783
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Your packages always find their way here on time, clay. No worries. Stay safe, my friend.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #5784
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation
Default Finished!

Just have to package them up and send 'em out. If it's not too busy at work tomorrow, they will be sent tomorrow. Otherwise, it will be Tuesday. Thanks for the opportunity to stretch my creative muscles!

❤️

~Wade Davis

Last edited by cara; 10-09-2016 at 04:10 PM.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #5785
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Mine went out last Thursday AM....will be to you ON OR before Tuesday!!!

I was so sick that morning...and had misfortune of a dead battery....finally a kind County Worker noticed my plight & rescued me...I drove straight home...car is garage...won't get a battery til next weekend..good thing I don't need to go out for anything...

Good people still walk the Planet!!! Thank you kind young man!!! Billy!!!!
Old 10-10-2016, 12:20 AM   #5786
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default CD Project

To whomever sent the watermelon slice – thanks so much! I didn’t see a screen name so I’m not sure who to credit/thank but I have it on my fridge now and every time I walk into my kitchen and see it, it just brings such a smile to my face
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2016, 03:24 PM   #5787
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I received clay's package. Well done, clay. Well done!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2016, 03:38 PM   #5788
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I'm at the point in the project where I'm freaking out that I'll never be done on time and should drop out. I get this way every time now. I barely have anything done and I guess I can pull it together but I'm really beginning to question myself.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #5789
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I'm at the point in the project where I'm freaking out that I'll never be done on time and should drop out. I get this way every time now. I barely have anything done and I guess I can pull it together but I'm really beginning to question myself.
I do the same thing, CCB. You're not alone. I'm definitely going to need this weekend and some klonopin to pull it together.

But we will do it! You and I, together! I know we can!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 10-11-2016 at 06:53 PM. Reason: To add words of encouragement.
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #5790
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I have faith that you can totally do this! I haven't been creative in so long that mine are really simple and basic. It's the best I could do given the amount of time, resources, and creativity available to me right now. I will be happy to see everyone's projects no matter what!

...and I haven't been able to get to the post office yet because I'm sick. Hopefully I can tomorrow.

Xoxo

~Wade Davis
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2016, 09:23 PM   #5791
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I received clay's package. Well done, clay. Well done!
Thank you for letting me know it arrived!

Thank you for the compliment!! I was deathly sick when I worked on those....and mailed them out BUT I "got 'er dun"...lol
Old 10-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #5792
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I do the same thing, CCB. You're not alone. I'm definitely going to need this weekend and some klonopin to pull it together.

^5 Georgia! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. Ok, we got this! I'm gonna need this weekend to pull it together, too, but we can get it in under the wire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
I have faith that you can totally do this! I haven't been creative in so long that mine are really simple and basic. It's the best I could do given the amount of time, resources, and creativity available to me right now. I will be happy to see everyone's projects no matter what!

...and I haven't been able to get to the post office yet because I'm sick. Hopefully I can tomorrow.

Xoxo
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm just going to do the best I can, too. I put too much pressure on myself.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 08:46 AM   #5793
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post

Xoxo
cara's got the right idea.....don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. The weaving can be something small and simple. It doesn't have to be the focal point. Don't overthink this! You ladies totally can do this!!

Georgia, when we were signing up, you said you had an idea right away. Did you have to adjust that during the process or is your idea still feasible?

CCB, I get that way all the time with the projects too! Luckily, this is a smaller group, so there are less projects to actually make. I would make a short list and tick off the points as you brainstorm and create.

1. Weave something. Think small, like a friendship bracelet, versus big, like a scarf or blanket. It can be a small part of the piece; it doesn't have to be the majority of it unless you want to go that big. I wanted to do something different, but not to mess anyone up so please don't look at this part of the project as a mountain to climb. It's just a cute lil molehill. Promise!

2. Choose an element and somehow incorporate it into your pieces (Metal Wood Water Fire Earth). These can be part of the base of the pieces or simulated or drawn onto the pieces or you could adhere a toothpick or bottle cap or chunks of dirt onto the pieces. That would qualify.

3. Here's the easiest part of it, imo. You can either put one of the animals I mentioned in the piece or use one of the colors mentioned or show one of the seasons somehow, for example.

If you don't try to build Rome in a day with the weaving, I think the rest will fall into place. I struggled with a couple of ideas and then I switched it when I received nyc's because she did her weaving similar to what I was going to do and I didn't want to have that duplicity.

Everyone in this round is super creative and artistic and I am mega happy that you all signed up for it. Shake the jitters out, CCB, because your work is awesome. You haven't done anything that I haven't enjoyed very much in all this time we've done rounds together.

We do have to keep the schedule in mind though. Make SURE that I have your lovely bits of goodness and a few bucks in hand on or before the 22nd.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:51 AM   #5794
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Georgia, when we were signing up, you said you had an idea right away. Did you have to adjust that during the process or is your idea still feasible?
I had the seed of an idea. Growing it into a complete project has been a little difficult because I, myself, made it difficult by not being able to make up my mind about some things. I think I've got it now, though it's going to require at least one more trip to the craft store.

Thanks for the encouragement, Gemme!

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 03:02 PM   #5795
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
cara's got the right idea.....don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. The weaving can be something small and simple. It doesn't have to be the focal point. Don't overthink this! You ladies totally can do this!!

CCB, I get that way all the time with the projects too! Luckily, this is a smaller group, so there are less projects to actually make. I would make a short list and tick off the points as you brainstorm and create.

1. Weave something. Think small, like a friendship bracelet, versus big, like a scarf or blanket. It can be a small part of the piece; it doesn't have to be the majority of it unless you want to go that big. I wanted to do something different, but not to mess anyone up so please don't look at this part of the project as a mountain to climb. It's just a cute lil molehill. Promise!

2. Choose an element and somehow incorporate it into your pieces (Metal Wood Water Fire Earth). These can be part of the base of the pieces or simulated or drawn onto the pieces or you could adhere a toothpick or bottle cap or chunks of dirt onto the pieces. That would qualify.

3. Here's the easiest part of it, imo. You can either put one of the animals I mentioned in the piece or use one of the colors mentioned or show one of the seasons somehow, for example.

If you don't try to build Rome in a day with the weaving, I think the rest will fall into place. I struggled with a couple of ideas and then I switched it when I received nyc's because she did her weaving similar to what I was going to do and I didn't want to have that duplicity.

Everyone in this round is super creative and artistic and I am mega happy that you all signed up for it. Shake the jitters out, CCB, because your work is awesome. You haven't done anything that I haven't enjoyed very much in all this time we've done rounds together.

We do have to keep the schedule in mind though. Make SURE that I have your lovely bits of goodness and a few bucks in hand on or before the 22nd.
Thank you for the coaching. It's helpful. I think I know what I'm going to do. It should be fairly simple but do the trick. I will make sure you have everything by the 22nd!!!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #5796
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:

Default Posted!

I finally, finally made it to the post office today! The package should arrive by Thursday at the latest, Gemme.

❤️ & 🎨

~Wade Davis
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2016, 09:28 PM   #5797
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I have to drop out. I just, can't. I'm sorry and apologize to everyone else in the project. I also accept the consequences of my actions as per the thread rules.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2016, 05:11 AM   #5798
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I have to drop out. I just, can't. I'm sorry and apologize to everyone else in the project. I also accept the consequences of my actions as per the thread rules.
I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #5799
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Mine should be there Wednesday, Gemme. I apologize for the lateness.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2016, 05:01 AM   #5800
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Mine should be there Wednesday, Gemme. I apologize for the lateness.
If it's this Wednesday, as in tomorrow, you're still within the window of crafty happiness and there are no worries.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types