Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-24-2019, 09:56 AM   #7721
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default and another one has arrived...:)

1. clay (wrangler)received

2. nanners.............received

3. GeorgiaMa'am.......received

4. GEMME!!!...............received

5. nycfem/Jennifer.......received

6. CCB..........received

7. Bèsame*........enroute

Thank you Georgia Ma'am....I got your package today....I LOVE mine.......thank you! Great artwork!
Old 04-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #7722
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

6. CCB..........received

7. Bèsame*........enroute

Thank you Georgia Ma'am....I got your package today....I LOVE mine.......thank you! Great artwork!
I'm so relieved it arrived safe and sound! And I'm so glad you like it!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 11:37 AM   #7723
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. CCB..........received

7. Bèsame*........received.....

NOTE:I now have ALL the zentangles in my hands! I will mail them out next week Friday.

I have an appointment this afternoon, and one or two every single day of next week....I have some "health issues" that are a priority...so please be patient with me & I will get them in mail next Friday for sure.....

I am not able to "peek" at three of the crafters's projects as they are sealed in envelopes individually.......that is a perk of wrangling...for me anyway.. I get to see ALL the crafty goodies....but not this time....

Thanks everyone.....you all did a fantastic job.....I LOVE all of mine....
Old 04-26-2019, 08:39 PM   #7724
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default crafting advice (please & thank you!)

I hope it's okay to pop in and ask for advice, tonight. I'm trying to come up with ways to make my room dividers take on the ambiance of stained glass windows and I think I might have found a solution, but I need a titch of advice.

I was given flags of two types of colors, lots of flags. And because the flag material is light and brightly colored, I thought what I could do is cut the material of the flags into pieces that fit into each section of the room dividers, yet leave certain sections un-colored, so it takes on the effect of stained glass windows. Or, in some certain sections, I could combine the two colored so it looks like a shade of deep violet type purple, to add more depth to the stained glass window effect, as the brilliant sunshine filters through the room dividers.

My question centers around the type of glue I should use to attach to each section of each square in the room dividers. Will fabric glue be strong enough over time, to hold the material in place? Or should I get a certain type of glue to use to adhere the material to the material that is already part of the room dividers???

My goal is to attach the pre-cut pieces of flag material to each section, just around the perimeter of each square-like section, so the material lays naturally, and not damaged by the method of attachment.

So I thought I'd ask crafter's in our online group of pen pal/crafter's to see what kind of recommendations or ideas you have, that might work for my crafting project.

Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas you might have!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #7725
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Katzchen, we miss you in this thread! Good to hear from you! Hope you'll join a project again when you are all settled.

Gemme, I am intrigued by these art auctions. How do we find them on Facebook?

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 12:45 AM   #7726
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I hope it's okay to pop in and ask for advice, tonight. I'm trying to come up with ways to make my room dividers take on the ambiance of stained glass windows and I think I might have found a solution, but I need a titch of advice.

I was given flags of two types of colors, lots of flags. And because the flag material is light and brightly colored, I thought what I could do is cut the material of the flags into pieces that fit into each section of the room dividers, yet leave certain sections un-colored, so it takes on the effect of stained glass windows. Or, in some certain sections, I could combine the two colored so it looks like a shade of deep violet type purple, to add more depth to the stained glass window effect, as the brilliant sunshine filters through the room dividers.

My question centers around the type of glue I should use to attach to each section of each square in the room dividers. Will fabric glue be strong enough over time, to hold the material in place? Or should I get a certain type of glue to use to adhere the material to the material that is already part of the room dividers???

My goal is to attach the pre-cut pieces of flag material to each section, just around the perimeter of each square-like section, so the material lays naturally, and not damaged by the method of attachment.

So I thought I'd ask crafter's in our online group of pen pal/crafter's to see what kind of recommendations or ideas you have, that might work for my crafting project.

Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas you might have!
Aleene's tacky glue should do the trick. It's pretty strong.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 05:38 AM   #7727
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Katzchen, we miss you in this thread! Good to hear from you! Hope you'll join a project again when you are all settled.

Gemme, I am intrigued by these art auctions. How do we find them on Facebook?
To be honest, I stumbled across it as one of my online friends was connected to it and it popped up on my feed, so I can't say for certain. Maybe a search?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 05:53 AM   #7728
Lizdoyle83dance

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Single

Lizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST ReputationLizdoyle83dance Has the BEST Reputation
Default Incarcerated women

Hi ☺️ I’ve often thought of writing women who are incarcerated. Sometimes I just feel bad for women from our community who are imprisoned. Perhaps I would share photos of me, like a pen pal sort of thing. I would love to do something like this if anyone knows who I could write or reach out to?
Lizdoyle83dance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lizdoyle83dance For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #7729
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Here's a link for LGBT pen pals in prison:

http://www.blackandpink.org/pen-pals/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizdoyle83dance View Post
Hi ☺️ I’ve often thought of writing women who are incarcerated. Sometimes I just feel bad for women from our community who are imprisoned. Perhaps I would share photos of me, like a pen pal sort of thing. I would love to do something like this if anyone knows who I could write or reach out to?

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 09:47 AM   #7730
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Reading more about Black and Pink and saw this from an article cited on wikipedia:

"Black and Pink is an open family of LGBT prisoners and free world allies who support each other. The pen-pal project is an opportunity for people on the outside to correspond, build relationships with, and help take part in harm reduction practices with the 3,000 queer and trans folks who are part of our incarcerated family. The letters themselves function as a harm reduction tool. When people's names are read out from the mail room, prison guards and other prisoners can hear individuals’ names, so everyone else knows that this person has some element of support on the outside. If they were to harass them, sexually assault them, or abuse them by preventing them from getting their hormones or HIV medications, they know there’s going to be consequences and we will fight for these people."

Powerful stuff.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #7731
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know if the Prisoner Correspondence Project based out of Canada is still running strong but their website remains up. It contains some pretty good information, things to consider when thinking about writing to someone who is incarcerated. https://prisonercorrespondenceproject.com/
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #7732
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default Zentangle project is now done with......

Eager to hear what our next venture will be....and who will wrangler it....
Old 04-28-2019, 07:13 AM   #7733
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

OMG! OMG! OMG! They are doing a segment on Sunday morning on CBS about post secrets! I know when you see this it will be over, but you can usually find segments online from the show. It’s really pretty cool! CBS on Sunday morning also has a Facebook page...I have liked and followed that page, and I see the segments are posted on Facebook too.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2019, 05:20 AM   #7734
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I can't wait to see what everyone did!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #7735
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default Zentangles are off in the postal service....:)

Hey everyone:

THANK YOU ALL so much for your patience with me this week.

I have had at least 2 appointments every.day.this.week.

I was taking a "prep" for 3 days, a test another day, and a post day of prep....so had to stick by the apartment very closely!

Anyway, your deliciousnesses will be in your hands by Monday, according to the P.O.

Have a great weekend peoples...I love you all....
Old 05-03-2019, 03:48 PM   #7736
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks, clay!!!! I can't wait!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #7737
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums
Default UPDATES on your packets of goodies

CCB & Nanners, yours are out for delivery today!

Gemme..says your package is "arriving late" but showing today delivery?
Georgia Ma'am, Besame'..expect today...

nycfem...expect tomorrow...
Old 05-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #7738
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
CCB & Nanners, yours are out for delivery today!

Gemme..says your package is "arriving late" but showing today delivery?
Georgia Ma'am, Besame'..expect today...

nycfem...expect tomorrow...
Did you send it USPS or UPS or FedEx?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2019, 01:40 PM   #7739
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Did you send it USPS or UPS or FedEx?
All went by USPS!!
Old 05-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #7740
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I got my zentangles today!!! They are ALL fabulous and I appreciate each and every one and am entirely impressed with all of you!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types