Notices

Old 04-29-2019, 05:06 PM   #841
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Ha! lol I just saw that in last night's episode of BILLIONS. The character's a jackass so I was not surprised. Then I wondered if it was written that way or if the actor made the I'm a disgusting pig! choice on his own. Either way … ick!!

If you keep a watchful eye out you'll also notice scenes in Law & Order, The Sopranos, and many others!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2019, 11:58 PM   #842
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes, l felt that way about NYPD Blue's character "Sipowitz."
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:27 AM   #843
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

People who tell you everything else they know about a subject because they don't know the answer to the question you actually asked.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2019, 11:11 AM   #844
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Given that a lot of cis men consider their penises a God-given right, I'd be surprised if many of them consider washing their hands at any time... kinda like washing their hands after touching a statue of Jesus.

I never shake hands with men: whether they be 2 or 100 ( especially if they are 100, lol ). It can get awkward if the proffered hand is out there hanging limply but really, I refuse to be bullied into an apologetic or explanatory stance. "I don't want to shake hands; nothing personal. I just don't want to."

Not good enough? Bring me your"sanitary" hand-wash kit, a paper towel and
then we'll talk .
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2019, 12:25 AM   #845
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a big handshaker; however, once the person's back is turned, out quick comes the hand sanitizer. Can't break my habit of character judgement based on eye contact and the quality of a person's handshake for anything. I've tried.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #846
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
People who tell you everything else they know about a subject because they don't know the answer to the question you actually asked.

Old 06-06-2019, 08:52 AM   #847
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

I'm not a fan of the adjectives "nice" and "special" or better still, "so special".
Then again, I'm not a fan of folks who say "i'm not a fan of....to explain why they bought their way out of serving during the Viet Nam War.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2019, 11:10 PM   #848
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Commanders -N- Chiefs who sail in a US Navy ship needing another US ship to cover it's identity when sailing past her in foreign waters due to a disagreement with one of a distinguished line of heroes with that name.

Same person, standing in front of WWII hero graves in Normandy France, dissing Congressional Leaders during a speech meant to honor the heroes who were killed to preserve our freedom from tyranny.
Old 06-07-2019, 09:25 AM   #849
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~~
These newscasters who feel the need to stand there looking like a complete idiot with their iPad in hand while they've stepped away from the anchor desk to report a story!

R E A L L Y ........you're more than likely reading from a teleprompter, have an earpiece that feeds you info, surrounded by a cast and crew who at least half are glued to their phones, just steps away from technology that spits out any breaking news so... WHY ON EARTH would you feel the need to have that iPad strapped to your wrist? Standing there without that silly iPad, looking distinguished, would give you far more credibility IMHO!

Do you lack trust in others OR are you trying to give us, the views, the impression of the length of you and whatever news-station you're representing their level of dedication to being totally on top of things?
Old 06-07-2019, 07:23 PM   #850
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

When the person in front of you, typically in grocery checkout line ... doesn't put down one of those... this is my stuff and that's your stuff ... rubber divider thingie behind all their stuff! lol

Did I develop a new peeve or have people recently stopped bothering with that courtesy? Arg!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2019, 07:39 PM   #851
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I agree re: men's cleanliness but I actually had an opposite peeve with this Manager years back. All management was expected to arrive early in order to greet associates when they came into work. This bozo would come in every morning and greet all the male Supervisors with a handshake but all the female Supervisors got was good morning. Me... being me... ... 'round about the third week, I stuck my hand out hand as I greeted him. I know he was a little embarrassed at first but within a week ... he was shaking the hands of all of his Supervisors.

Side note... that was in Calif and the bozo was from Texas. This incident, his behavior, made me think (again) just how much the South must suck. Cut to today... years later... guess where yours truly now lives?! God's got one hell of a sense of humor! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Given that a lot of cis men consider their penises a God-given right, I'd be surprised if many of them consider washing their hands at any time... kinda like washing their hands after touching a statue of Jesus.

I never shake hands with men: whether they be 2 or 100 ( especially if they are 100, lol ). It can get awkward if the proffered hand is out there hanging limply but really, I refuse to be bullied into an apologetic or explanatory stance. "I don't want to shake hands; nothing personal. I just don't want to."

Not good enough? Bring me your"sanitary" hand-wash kit, a paper towel and
then we'll talk .
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:49 PM   #852
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default ugh

People who don't realize that a conversation is about talking and LISTENING. Lately it feels like I'm around a lot of people who think a conversation is another word for captive audience. If you are going to go on and on and on please at least be interesting. Then I can applaud when the performance is over. (Yeah just a little bitchy.)
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 04:08 PM   #853
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

On a lighter note, when I do my "may the perfect parking place be open chant" on my way somewhere then getting to watch another car right in front of me pull into my place. They never even thank me for all my chanting. Ha Ha Ha (Actually, it works 80% of the time)
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2019, 04:09 PM   #854
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
Opening a bag of chips and finding them all smashed and broken!

I know it's a small thing to some, but I prefer my chips big and fluffy.....LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2019, 02:57 AM   #855
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~
Opening a bag of chips and finding them all smashed and broken!

I know it's a small thing to some, but I prefer my chips big and fluffy.....LOL
when I find that and I DO lol Jonathan is great for that ! I use the chip crumbs as a breading, or a filler if not lil man ( Jonathan) tips the bag back and eats them lol I'm right there w/ the broom they always hit the floor lol
Old 12-25-2019, 06:39 AM   #856
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~~
A person, usually older that more then likely lived thru the depression but not always, who carefully and painstakingly unwraps their presents so they can re-use the paper!

Bow saving I can understand, but saving wrapping paper to re-use next year, not so much!
Old 12-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #857
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
~~~
A person, usually older that more then likely lived thru the depression but not always, who carefully and painstakingly unwraps their presents so they can re-use the paper!

Bow saving I can understand, but saving wrapping paper to re-use next year, not so much!
That's not the only reason some people save wrapping paper, homoe. If I get a present wrapped in paper that I think I can reuse in a craft project, I'll try to save as much of it as possible.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #858
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
That's not the only reason some people save wrapping paper, homoe. If I get a present wrapped in paper that I think I can reuse in a craft project, I'll try to save as much of it as possible.

Oh, isn't this thread for personal pet peeves which was my understand? My post is ONLY to state it's a pet peeve of mine.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #859
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh, isn't this thread for personal pet peeves which was my understand? My post is ONLY to state it's a pet peeve of mine.
Oh it is and I know. I enjoy reading many of your posts in here a lot. To be fair, you did say 'but not always' when you were being critical of the thrifty types who save wrapping paper. I was simply presenting a different viewpoint about saving holiday stuff.

I actually think it's kind of cute when people do that. It shows that they have great consideration and care for all parts of the gift they received. I think that's a wonderful thing, especially in this day and age.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 12-26-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 03:28 PM   #860
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pet Peeves...

People that stand too close.

Especially if I'm in a conversation with someone whether it's a stranger or someone I don't know very well and they step closer to be near me and in my personal space. My personal bubble isn't huge but I do like to have some personal space.

I wonder if people even realize they are doing this and do they even notice when someone steps back away from them because they're too close? eyebrow:
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:

Tags
pet peeve