Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Butch Zone

The Butch Zone For all things "Butch"

Old 08-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #181
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykbutch View Post
...snip...

And some of the butchness ties into bdsm stuff for me...
So thanks to CheryINYC, I now have this term I can throw around for myself..."submissive butch". I mean, I'm not going to be bossed around or anything, I'm a bit of a switch anyway. I'm five foot nothing, so its hard for me to think someone would take me seriously as a dom, especially since I'm not much of an entertainer.
You might be surprised... I know a number of tops/doms that hover at the 5' mark. Dominance isn't about size, it's about composure and authority.

Personally, I find it thrilling that I can engage with someone who could throw me across the room, but I know they won't.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #182
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Hi -
Just putting this out there, and yes I've struggled with this before...

I just had a medical emergency that will take a few months to heal. I won't be able to do my work (construction ) during that time. I am clear that being "butch" is not limited to what's referred to as "able-bodied people," but FOR ME so much of what makes me feel butch overlaps with my body and what my body does.
So now that I am very limited, I feel sad and scared that I'm not as butch as I was before.
I used to play sports, be super active all day long, run and jump and work and dance and have very physical sex. I just found out yesterday how long this recovery might take. I am worried, even though I know it's silly to think like this. *sigh*
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #183
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

hey dyke. i've felt/feel this. and in no way are your feelings silly. i went through a lot before and after heart surgery. i'm still having to learn how to handle the stress of never being the same. certain things. i've really beat myself up. don't do that to yourself.

i feel like i've lost some of my butch swagger. hurts my ego. and not being able to do what i love, what makes me who i am, ... frustrating.

there's always a new that will take the used to be's place.

because i've delayed the healing both physically and mentally. because i thought i didn't deserve. because i had lost. because i have been so angry. i have not been kind to myself.

be kind to yourself. let's both be kind.

thank you for sharing.

mac
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post: