Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I cleaned out my change purse doohickey this morning at o'dark thirty and found numerous receipts that could be thrown away and/or shredded. I have done both.

That's it for today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #22
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

This reminds me: I have to clean the kitty litter. Then I have EVERY intention of throwing it out.

Oh, ALRIGHT! Tomorrow I'll look around and see what I can purge. Do I get reserved parking? No. I don't know what Chaplin has to do with it all either. I just liked it. Okay?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #23
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today, I cleaned out 3 of my back packs; Sooo there are my pens I have been looking for about 7 months now, I went out and bought more
I cleaned out my closet; Who would have known that I had 2 sets of the same snickers because I didn't know I bought the ones earlier

I found a bunch of scrub hats that I couldn't find for Christmas that I wanted to wear <~ and a cowboy hat lol.

I have 2 bags of clothes that no longer fit me cause I lost weight because of the pesky crohn's/celiac that cut my diet in half. I guess that's a plus for me, still not sure.

And I am donating all the umbrella's I knew I just had to have incase it friggin rained to which I think I never used one of them cause I forgot them at home!
SO I know that Salvation Army will thank me, as someone else will be able to use these true treasures I once (thought) I needed
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #24
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

great thread

getting ready to move, i have been giving to freecycle alot

clothes
computer stuff
pots

then i burned trash today, love living in the country. BUT miss the beach
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #25
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
I was married to a pack rat for twenty-five years, though. Since his death, it is a lot harder to get rid of stuff he hoarded than it would have been while he was alive. Now it has become kind of dear to me, so I rationalize keeping it. I have made a lot of progress though. Last fall I took two whole van loads to Goodwill. They "won" the donations because they have a drive-through delivery system and they actually unload all the stuff out of the car for you. Yah Goodwill!!!
Keri,

You want the truth? If something were to happen to B. I think I'd find it extremely hard to get rid of anything that belonged to Hym so I really admire you for what you did.

I know my parents are already trying to reduce their possessions because they don't want my siblings or I to have to deal with it when they're gone. I know because my mother has told me, several times now, that this is what they're - or rather she's; my father won't let go of anything - doing, and although it makes me incredibly sad to think of their passing, I have to admit that I'm actually supporting them in their bid to get rid of stuff they no longer need, not because I don't want the 'trouble' of doing it when they're gone but because I'm not sure I'd be able to cope with it emotionally. Truth is, though, they have waaaaay too much stuff - my mother still uses my cut up, perfectly laundered and folded diapers (I'm 50!) - as face cloths (!), in spite of having a cupboard full of new ones - so it really does need to be done if for no other reason than to allow them to enjoy their golden years without being surrounded by clutter.

Anyway, thanks for sharing Keri...

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #26
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I cleaned out my change purse doohickey this morning at o'dark thirty and found numerous receipts that could be thrown away and/or shredded. I have done both.

That's it for today.
You just hit on one of my pet peeves...having to sort through my purse looking for a receipt that I need but instead finding hundreds that I don't need. Which is why, every couple of weeks, whilst watching TV, I go through the whole lot and purge.

Well done Gemme!
The Following User Says Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #27
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
No. I don't know what Chaplin has to do with it all either. I just liked it. Okay?[/COLOR]
Redundant smilies (sp?) NOT allowed.

So...did you do the kitty box? WELL? (I'm big on recycling but even I can't think of a use for the contents...) LOL...
Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #28
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
I cleaned out my closet; Who would have known that I had 2 sets of the same snickers because I didn't know I bought the ones earlier
Ooooooooooooh, naughty!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #29
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
getting ready to move, i have been giving to freecycle alot.
I love Freecycle.

I tried donating a table to a local charity that collects on behalf of low income families. Problem was, they only collect every few weeks and I was in a hurry to get rid of the table. So, I stuck in on Freecycle. Ten minutes later? An e-mail from a young girl moving into a new apartment but with a long list of basic items she simply couldn't afford to buy (but with a friend willing to collect). Fantastic. (W/we got the TV I'm watching right now off of Freecycle. So okay, it's huge, but it works!)

Words
Old 01-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #30
christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Its been office purging the last week or so...

Today, I watched as two gaylords of paper went to recycling. These were just out of a file room upstairs in our offices. 27 contractor bags went to trash - nothing in them was worth freecycling, etc. Who the hell still has thermal fax paper?? We did - two cases. Printers that didn't work - no sense in sending those to a thrift shop. I stood in the file room last week, expletives abounding, wondering how in the hell does a business become a hoarder?!?!? Obviously, it was the employees. We have a history of when someone leaves the company, we never clean out the old offices unless the position is being rehired. I also cleaned those out.

2003 files will be destroyed today. YAY.

Today I have tasked my DP (that's data processing, you pervs ) department with finding ways we can become more paper-less through technology. Once we have the tools in place, I may be getting rid of personnel who can't seem to navigate change LOL
(joke, people - I love my staff)

On the homefront, I will be cleaning out my closet this weekend. With the significant weight loss, I have so many suits and such that no longer fit. I will probably "lot" them and place them on Queerbay with the proceeds being donated to the Reunion Scholarship fund. (Yep, Honey, its in writing. You have proof that I WILL do it this weekend)

SOMEONE (who is probably thread stalking me) needs to continue to purge the workshop so that Hys tools can go live in the shop rather than in what is to become my exercise room.
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #31
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by christie0918 View Post

On the homefront, I will be cleaning out my closet this weekend. With the significant weight loss, I have so many suits and such that no longer fit. I will probably "lot" them and place them on Queerbay with the proceeds being donated to the Reunion Scholarship fund. (Yep, Honey, its in writing. You have proof that I WILL do it this weekend)

SOMEONE (who is probably thread stalking me) needs to continue to purge the workshop so that Hys tools can go live in the shop rather than in what is to become my exercise room.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #32
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone used freecycle? I signed up for the local freecycle thread. I haven't offered or taken anything but it is interesting to see all the stuff people give away. Also, if you have furniture you want to get rid of call your local domestic violence shelter. They often have women who are moving into apartments and have nothing who need the basics - tables, chairs, couches etc. If you have a working refrigerator call your local food bank. They often need these items.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #33
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Today, I got rid of a big ol' box o' stuff to send to my daughter in Michigan!! I usually put a box out and start filling it up with stuff for 2-3 weeks, then send it. She appreciates a Care Pkg. from Mom like nobody's bees wax!

And Spaghetti~O's travel well.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #34
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

I just sorted out my part of O/our medicine box. OMG. Vitamic C, calcium, and Primrose Oil pills, all of which I'm supposed to take - I hate pills - but don't. So, I figured, too expensive to just flush down the loo, no choice but to take them. So I did. Starting 5 minutes ago. One, because I can't stand waste or stuff hanging around and not being used and two - and more importantly - because, being the unhealthy person that I am, I need to. (My Daddy thanks me.)

I guess that means I also have to start using that cream - the one for hot flashes - that's been sitting on my bedside cabinet, unused, for the past, what, year and a half? (My Daddy will definitely thank me for that. Hy spends more time covering me up every night after I've flung off the duvet and fallen asleep again than Hy does sleeping Hymself.)

So what did I get rid of today? B's nagging about my not taking my pills. Yay! LOL...

Words
Old 01-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #35
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

So I talked with my girl and we both agreed to get rid of old text books that we no longer have a use for. So today is old text books being pulled and disposed of in some way shape or form.

Maybe tomorrow will be my giant junk box in the hallway.

I figure I better purge now because my girl has no idea that in june when my family moves home they are bringing with them about twenty boxes of stuff from my childhood that I need to go through.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #36
SFFemmePrincess

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Lesbian Princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Pronouns
Relationship Status:
Single but also non negotiably non monogamous

SFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST ReputationSFFemmePrincess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicaly View Post
So I talked with my girl and we both agreed to get rid of old text books that we no longer have a use for. So today is old text books being pulled and disposed of in some way shape or form.

Maybe tomorrow will be my giant junk box in the hallway.

I figure I better purge now because my girl has no idea that in june when my family moves home they are bringing with them about twenty boxes of stuff from my childhood that I need to go through.
Well she does now and you will not be bringing twenty boxes of stuff into the house! There will be a lot of queerbay, ebay, craigslist and freecycle action going on in june...
SFFemmePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:23 AM   #37
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Blaze;36478]

I hate to be obtuse, but what the heck are snickers? The only kind of snickers that I know of that you could store in a closet are the candy bar type snickers. It is beyond my chocolate addict's brain to be able to imagine that anyone could stick them in a closet and forget that they were there. So are we talking about some other kind of snickers? Sorry if this is an embasrrassing question.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #38
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I like this thread. It's a different perspective on the hoarder discussion. I watch those shows on late night TV and see things that people are keeping that are also in my house. Skeery.

Things I have trouble letting go:
-books, especially "good" books
-legal or important papers that I might need some day
-plastic containers for storing food
-extra buttons that come with clothing
-random electronics cords which might go with something important
-jewelry that I don't like

That's just a short list. Of all the things, the papers are most intrusive in our lives. There's too much paper lying around, cluttering tabletops and piled here and there. It remains somewhat manageable mainly because my partner couldn't stand for it to get worse. If she weren't around, I believe it would be much worse.

So...today I will spend just ten minutes going through the papers in the dining room, filling a bag with mail and papers to throw away or recycle.

I will also post the buttons to freecycle. Someone will love them for crafts or sewing, neither of which are things I do.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #39
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today was trash and recycling day, so out went the large bag o' trash from downstairs and my small bag o' garbage in my bedroom as well as a HUGE bin of stuff for recycling.

Most of my sorting/sifting/recycling/tossing/etc comes during my off days, when I have the time to actually read and filter through my junk. Some days, I'm sure I look like this

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #40
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

[quote=iamkeri1;37172]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

I hate to be obtuse, but what the heck are snickers? The only kind of snickers that I know of that you could store in a closet are the candy bar type snickers. It is beyond my chocolate addict's brain to be able to imagine that anyone could stick them in a closet and forget that they were there. So are we talking about some other kind of snickers? Sorry if this is an embasrrassing question.
Smooches,
Keri
Sneakers, maybe?? If not, then I'm clueless. But whatever they are they come as a set.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote