Old 07-08-2018, 06:40 PM   #4221
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
It is looking like the heat wave of the century is slowly returning to our area. Last year, after people set the gorge on fire and we endured heat waves upward of over 110*/daily. So I know how horrible heat waves can be. I don't do well in heat waves. Supposedly heat waves will return to terrorize our area by mid-week....who knows how long it will last.

Today it's only 80*.

Low tonight is 57* (perfect).

I will either stay with my BFF during the extended heat wave, or maybe I'll get lucky and find an energy efficient model a/c. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
If you are looking for something small, have you considered an Artic Air?

I have a portable a/c unit that's on wheels and you can roll it from room to room or leave it stationary. It's well worth the money.

Tomorrow it goes back to 7th Level of Hell hot for a couple of days and then slides back into the mid-80s again.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #4222
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
If you are looking for something small, have you considered an Artic Air?

I have a portable a/c unit that's on wheels and you can roll it from room to room or leave it stationary. It's well worth the money.

Tomorrow it goes back to 7th Level of Hell hot for a couple of days and then slides back into the mid-80s again.
I've seen advertisements for those on tee-vee.

I might just get an rolling a/c unit ...I found one online. Kind of spendy, but I'll only use it when it's too hot.

Link (it's on sale at Best Buy):

https://www.google.com/search?q=roll...Yl1C1oQgTYI-AU

Thanks Gemme!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2018, 11:45 AM   #4223
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,509 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

90 degrees and sunny today.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #4224
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfemme View Post
90 degrees and sunny today.
Here too and that is cool compared to the past 3 weeks. The humidity is only 29% which is way low for our Carolina Summers

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #4225
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I've seen advertisements for those on tee-vee.

I might just get an rolling a/c unit ...I found one online. Kind of spendy, but I'll only use it when it's too hot.

Link (it's on sale at Best Buy):

https://www.google.com/search?q=roll...Yl1C1oQgTYI-AU

Thanks Gemme!

Welcome!

The portable a/c units are great and their energy output is minimum. Good luck!

It's pretty hot today and muggy. I think it's about 90 outside. Not sure the heat index.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #4226
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

91 degrees, it was sunny but the clouds have rolled in and there is a chance of thunderstorms.
The Following User Says Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 06:06 AM   #4227
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Rain and storms this morning but it will be comfortable later, peaking around 81 or so.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #4228
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's 89 degrees. Temp expected to climb to 90 by 4:30 this evening. Then hold for around four hours before gradually dropping down into to the mid 70's around 10:00 tonight. Place is cool despite the heat because I ran the air conditioner all last night and still have it running now at 4:20PM. Also all the neighbors have theirs on today, at least for the moment, which really helps.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #4229
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Beautiful day here in Green Acres today! 75, a nice breeze, and low humidity
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #4230
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

It was 90 degrees today and now it is 72 degrees.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #4231
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

It was 81 degrees and sunny today.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:29 AM   #4232
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's going to be a scorcher here in Eastern Washington. Temp is 66 degrees at 7AM. It's supposed to climb to 85 over the next 3 hours, reach 100 degrees around 1PM, then stay in the in the 100s for several hours. Even between 8 and 10PM we're still supposed to be in the 90's. The expected high today is 104. Running + the airconditioner.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #4233
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

90 degrees and sunny.
The Following User Says Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2018, 09:34 PM   #4234
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

It's pretty warm outside, I think we got to 92* today.
It's going to stay warm for a while.... tho.
I bought an a/c today, so hopefully it will be here in a couple of weeks.

Highs for the next few days: 89-99* (maybe one day over an hundred?)
Lows .... : Low 60's (hopefully).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2018, 07:46 PM   #4235
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

88 degrees with a chance of rain and storms
Old 07-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #4236
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Yesterday, it was 105* (but the airport listed the temp as 101*).

My BFF found an a/c unit for me (sooner than the one I ordered could be delivered), so thank heavens for a/c yesterday.

Today Temps will climb upward toward 100* again.

But later this week, we'll get an reprieve from the heat wave.

Highs: 89-100*
Lows: 57-67*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #4237
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Now for today's weather report...

Need I say more?
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2018, 05:58 PM   #4238
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

96 degrees, it was sunny but it is becoming cloudy.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #4239
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

86 degrees and sunny
Old 07-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #4240
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

It's 4:30PM and 93 degrees out here in Eastern Washington. Just an hour left before the temperature begins to drop. We'll be down into the 80's by 9PM and from there it's all cool and increasingly cooler temperatures until around 6 tomorrow morning. I sure hope Fall comes early this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
rain, weather