Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 09-19-2022, 11:29 AM   #1521
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey V!!! Really glad to see this update, but sorry to hear of the issues related to Ibrance, etc. Have you tried any of the biotene drops for your mouth? They have a whole slew of products available. IF you can't find them, let me know & I will make sure you get some!!

My LTR partner had same issues as you are having, I found them, & she LOVED them.

Nystatin swish & swallow....she had thrush from her chemo wiping out immune system.

Big ole hugs...and you are making me blush. Your kind words are so appreciated, my dear friend.

I DO have an awesome rapport with my docs!!! They call me personally with any updates, concerns, etc!

Take care.....be gentle with you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pynkkameleon View Post
You have such a beautiful heart Clay. Thank you for caring about and checking in on all of us.

I’m sad to learn that Bulldog has these challenges ahead. Please pass on my thoughts of comfort, healing and well wishes for a speedy recovery from surgery. It sounds like she has a great team of doctors behind her and that her spirit is strong. Please continue to keep us all posted.

I’m doing okay. I’ve been pretty fatigued lately and back to napping like I’m Rip Van Winkle **Zzzzz…** Two days ago I went in for my monthly checkup and infusion and found out that my I’m neutropenic and extra susceptible to infections. The Doc put me on a short break from the Ibrance in order to get my numbers back up. It explains why I’ve been so sleepy, sluggish and have been having issues with mouth and nose sores etc. Cancer truly is the gift that keeps on giving.. This Friday I have a brain MRI to rule out mets as the cause of my headaches. I’m not too concerned about that being the cause but it’ll be good to get a baseline.

Glad to hear that you’ll be seeing the Onco soon and that you’re getting in to see pain management. It sounds like you have a pretty spectacular relationship with your entire team of doctors. That doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. You have that way about you.

Nina- Hopefully your labs came back good and you can get your scans done soon.

Kätzchen And Canela- How are each of you doing?

How’s everyone else doing?

Sending big love and good juju out into the universe for each of you. Be good to you 💜
Old 09-19-2022, 11:33 AM   #1522
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[COLOR="Blue"]B]BULLY!!!!

DAMN that is awesome news!!! It makes my heart sing for your progress AND for your positive attitude!!!! That makes a HUGE difference!

We already talked, so you KNOW how happy I am!! I called my wife & we were both crying! She & I love you so very much, J!!!!

I love being here for you, dood!!!

Go gently, baby steps, do not over do!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Thank you for giving the update Clay! She has been amazing support for the entire time. I do have stage 4 uterine cancer which is serious. I had a hysterectomy, Fallopian tubes and other bits taken out, a colostomy, and an appendectomy.

I was so weak at first but now able to walk short distances. I talked to my doctor today. I am getting out of the hospital later today. I thought I was going to have to go to rehab for 2 weeks but I don’t. Also my colostomy is temporary. I am ecstatic with all this great news.

I do have to start chemo in 3-4 weeks so more to do. But I have an amazing doctor and incredible family and friends - many of whom are facing their own very serious challenges. Yet still they support me. I am so grateful and love them all very much.

I hope everyone is doing well. I want to hear how all of you are doing and let me know if I can do anything to help.
Old 09-20-2022, 02:11 PM   #1523
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Talking My short update

Thanks for asking about me, Pynk. We're in crisis mode at work and my health appts got pushed back until we solve our situation at work.

I'm doing okay. I hurt a lot, but my bones hurt the most. I'm in no big hurry but my medical providers are so helpful and encouraging me with alternative methods of treatment, which we talk about privately on our health care website -- almost daily -- we have a robust conversation about what we can do, once we get confirmation on the biopsy result.

Bulldog, your situation sounds entirely challenging. Please know that my partner and I send tons of positive energy your way.

And Pynk, we continue to keep you in our thoughts.

Sending wellness wishes to all,
~K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2022, 01:10 PM   #1524
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

CT Chest scan.....no new nodules, no bigger growths.

See Doc again soon. I do have a large, calcified granuloma in lower right lobe. Usually benign, form after pneumonia, lung infections, inhalants, etc. I am happy about this!!

Off for a long 5 day with my wife, camping at Salt Springs....can hardly wait to get into those 72 degree salt springs!!!

Take care everyone. We have no internet nor cell service at the forest.

Mad love to all of us, facing challenges of varying degrees.

Bully...stay out of trouble, dood!!
Old 09-22-2022, 12:39 AM   #1525
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Parking Lot.....

Hi to everyone...

Had my treatment yesterday at 10am. Did 2 hours in the chair. Ya know if I gotta go through this stuff I am very grateful it is with these people. They are good to me and make sure I am ok or need anything. They are all nice and caring nurses. However there is 1 nurse that I feel a little tension from. Don't know what I did or said to her for her to be like that to me. In the early times my sister or sister-in-law would go with me to my appointments. That nurse didn't stop talking to them. I tried to get in the conversation and she would talk around me or through me. My sister-in-law saw it to. She gets me checked in when I get there. I just follow her and do not talk to her. I feel the tension and I know she does also. Chatting with the nurse getting me hooked up I asked her if she got a chance if she could look up my last treatment. She looked it up and said it was October 17th 2023. Yeah couple more weeks.

Now the parking lot....
The the last 4 times I have pulled in the parking lot for my treatment I have to look for a spot to park with my choices of 2 or 3 spots. When I first started going I had the pick of parking spots. I always park in the spot farthest away from the door and get there 15 minutes early so I can sit quiet and listen to the radio a few minutes before I go in. I see people going in and coming out with bags. They are treatment people that have gotten or getting treatments. The bags have snacks drinks and puzzle books. My time is close to going in. After this song I gotta go in. Now I am 1 of those people caring a bag in the building. The longest walk of the day.It just makes me sad to see the increase of people that need help since I started going for my treatment.
Prayers for us all. We keep fighting together.

Thank you for reading and caring.

s
Old 10-24-2022, 06:11 PM   #1526
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Another short update (...)

Well... I just want to express my heart felt thanks to members here who have supported me all these years with friendship online and liking my posts.

You all have a very special place in my heart of hearts.

I see my physician tomorrow. She referring me out to an oncologist.

My cancer is both affecting my female organs and my bones in female organ areas. I won't know the extent of damage my cancer is causing until I get a bona fide result on another particular test... but up until a phone call reminder today, I have been taking a naturopath type medication which is produced locally at a certain pharmacy. It is a CBD/THC product which is mixed at a 1:1 ratio. I also take a strict CBD medication for the way my body hurts, constantly.

I am also cutting all my hair off, soon. I promise to look as sexy as I can during this extreme struggle for survival.

Yours truly,

~D.

PS/ lightning struck outside right now. It is rather odd to have a thunderstorm with lightning in October.

PS (again): Thanks for all the love and support. I heart you all. XOXO

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2023, 02:28 AM   #1527
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

As I recently posted in another thread, the boi has lung cancer. We went to the first appointment with his pulmonologist today. The doctor showed us the x-ray; the mass is 10-15 cm in diameter, in hys right lung.

I went for moral support and also to take notes. My sister took notes for me at all my appointments when I went through cancer, and I found it extremely helpful.

We're just getting started with all the rounds of appointments and tests. They don't yet know the type of cancer or the stage. They will determine these after some more tests and then will develop a care plan. The boi is impatient; hy wants answers now, and has no idea how long and complicated a process this is going to be. I tried to give hym an idea, but I don't want to overwhelm hym.

This is all so familiar, and not in a good way. I want to be there to support hym, but it sure is bringing back some bad memories.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2023, 06:07 PM   #1528
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
As I recently posted in another thread, the boi has lung cancer. We went to the first appointment with his pulmonologist today. The doctor showed us the x-ray; the mass is 10-15 cm in diameter, in hys right lung.

This is all so familiar, and not in a good way. I want to be there to support hym, but it sure is bringing back some bad memories.
((((((((((((((((((((((((Georgia))))))))))))))))))

This IS a hard thing to see happening to a loved one, and yes, it DOES evoke one's own memories/experiences/diagnosis.

Just try to take it one step/day at a time. The visits initially are fast & furious, as it tantamount they get the stage then put a plan together. While we want them to "hurry up"...there are so many variables to consider for each person, as their "cancer" is unique to them. So, "specifics" are very important to create that plan. Patience is key, as you & I know. BUT I also know how scared one can be, with a whole spectrum of other emotions, going on. Hearing the C word scares the crap out of folks. I withdrew to myself for a week when I was diagnosed 12/2009 and told NO ONE.I had to ride that rollercoaster of emotions, thoughts, feelings....acceptance/denial/projection/etc etc and over again. IN NO ORDER!

I will stand with you from afar & offer gentle hugs, encouragement, support, a shoulder/ear.....just know you are NOT technically alone in this. We here will be with you. I know I will.

Allow yourself the time to absorb, digest, and come to terms with this as well. IT won't be easy, but you are NOT alone. Gentle hugs for you & the boi!!
Old 04-10-2023, 06:11 PM   #1529
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

UPDATE:

Saw my oncologist today...my labs are screwed up. SO, I am getting a battery of imaging/scope tests just to make sure the elevated CEA (tumor marker levels) aren't "high" for any reason.

I have faith all will come back clean.

I am a survivor & I GOT THIS!
Old 04-10-2023, 07:25 PM   #1530
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post

I withdrew to myself for a week when I was diagnosed 12/2009 and told NO ONE.I had to ride that rollercoaster of emotions, thoughts, feelings....acceptance/denial/projection/etc etc and over again.

Now that you mention it, I did the same thing. I didn't tell anyone for awhile; I couldn't decide at first if I was even going to do anything about it. Then I couldn't decide who needed to know and who didn't. And I couldn't decide what order to tell them in. I had all kinds of thoughts at first, some crazy and some not so crazy.

Thanks so much for your support and sharing your introspection.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2023, 02:12 PM   #1531
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

The boi is starting to realize hy is going to need some help to get through this. Hy's on oxygen, and can barely make it to the bathroom or the kitchen without passing out from not being on the oxygen. The oxygen people are supposed to come tomorrow, and I told hym to ask for a longer line so hy can at least get to those two places in the house.

When I called the boi today, I asked hym how hy felt today. Hy said, "Unwanted." It made me so sad.

Hys son, who lives with hym, is not stepping up to the plate to help out. The son has health problems of his own, but he can't even be bothered to make an extra sandwich for his mom when he goes to the kitchen to make himself one. He can't get himself out of the bed at 6 a.m. to let the boi's dog out - he will just lie in bed for hours and listen to the dog bark and bark. (The last time the boi tried to do it, hy got dizzy and hit hys head on the door jamb.)

The boi's son is a known bum, but the boi won't kick him out. This is just how it is, and how it has been since the kid was born. (He's in his 40s now.) He plays video games all day. I would love to kick his a**, but it wouldn't do any good. But it would make me feel better.

Anyway, we're going to have to line up some help for the boi. I can't do everything - I can't even do all this stuff for myself. I might be able to take the dog. Or we might be able to get a dog walker. I told the boi hy's just getting started on this stuff, and it's going to get harder from here on for a while. Hy said we'll just have to take care of stuff as it comes to us, and hy's right.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2023, 02:58 AM   #1532
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and for keeping us in your thoughts. It helps me so much and means a lot.

The boi is back in the hospital. Hys lung function is at 50%; hys right lung is completely blocked now by the tumor and hys left lung is doing all the work of keeping hym oxygenated. We finally got a hospital patient advocate to run interference; the billing people keep wanting to put off procedures until the boi has Medicare, and the doctors are saying they can't wait any longer. They are conducting the second biopsy today, and they are starting radiation. Apparently, the type of cancer that will be determined by the biopsy has no effect on the radiation treatment; it's the same for all types. We will have to wait for the biopsy results to start chemo, though.

All I can do to help hym at this time is to tell hym what radiation is like in detail. The son is taking care of the dog for now (probably). I'm going to file an extension on hys taxes; they are done, except hy needs to get some information that I can't get from the IRS. Hy doesn't owe anything, so there won't be any penalty. I feel pretty useless though. Thank the Goddess hy has the patient advocate on hys side now; she seems like a real tough lady.

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 04-15-2023 at 03:01 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2023, 07:03 PM   #1533
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

The boi has been through two rounds of radiation now, and they're doing a third biopsy tomorrow.

Most distressing to hym and me, right now, is that they're calling in the palliative care doctor tomorrow. He wants to meet with the whole family so that everybody is on the same page about what the boi's "options" are, and what the boi wants to do.

The boi doesn't see it as a conversation about "options", hy believes that they're going to tell hym hy has no options and hy is going to die. We have no way of finding out until the appointment tomorrow.

Hy still hasn't eaten in over a week. I made hym a squash casserole and I'm taking it tomorrow. I won't get my feelings hurt if hy can't eat it, but it's hys favorite thing that I cook. I figured it was worth a try. And besides, I needed something to take my mind off this palliative care conversation.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2023, 06:15 AM   #1534
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation
Default hi....

Been a while since I have posted and been in here. Reading and getting caught up with everyone brings back the memories of my beginnings of my journey.

The pressure in my head came and went and didn't pay much attention to it until it didn't go away. Older sister took me to the hospital had all the tests done. They said we will call you and sent me home. Of course it took forever for them to call. The call came and got my appointment to see the doctor. Not thinking it was anything more than a doctor visit. Time came for the appointment so got in the car and went to it like every appointment I ever had not thinking of the reason I was going. I went alone. Sitting in that room waiting for the Doctor. The silence was the loudest thing I ever heard. She came in and sat down beside me. We exchanged hello's and how are you feeling? Then she leaned slightly to me and opened the folder pointed at something and said you have cancer. I then asked now what do I do?

She explained the process. We talked a few more minutes then I left. I went out to my car and sat there a little bit then I called my friend 'T' and I told her and she cried with me sitting in the car on the phone still in the parking lot. Everyone knows the rest of the story.

Doing what I had to do everything going well. Months later CT scan shows a spot on my kidney. Got it back and treatments started. I had 3 treatments then few months later started treatments to keep that stuff away. Had to get a treatment every 8 weeks for 2 years. Been doing that and have 3 more left. I told the nurse that was hooking me up that the treatment doesn't hurt. It's the reason I am there. It hurts getting poked. I always ask them to tell me before they poke me. To me it's like I am at the top of the hill on a roller coaster ready to drop.

In the beginning family would go with me to my appointments see how things are going. I go to treatments myself come home. Make sure kitties have something to eat. I make a little snack for myself then take a nap to sleep the sleepy stuff off. A little girl sums it up real well. She said the worst thing about having cancer is knowing you have it.

Thank you all for reading my ramblings.

s
Old 12-18-2023, 12:11 AM   #1535
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Default Hello..

Been a while.
Well done with my 2 years of treatments every 8 weeks. I had to do that cause I got that stuff in my kidney. That was the second time for me. Kidney good and so am I. M.R.I. on my head next few days. Tuesday's at 10:00. I was gone from home bout 4 half hours from hook up to unhook. Just drove myself. I would sit out in the parking lot bout 20 minutes and listen to music
before I go in and leave. Couldn't get nicer nurses. My Dr. was from Japan. She was very nice and explained everything so I could understand.
I know things are different for me now. I am slippin a little and I catch myself then try to think it through what I missed. The past 3 days had a misunderstanding with my new vanity in my bathroom. I say the box was marked wrong so that's why I got the wrong one. After the third day today it was explained to me about the box. The lady was nice about it but we had to do a little bit of loud talking first. After she explained it to me then I get it. Long story short she personally took me around all the vanities and I ended up with better quality and nicer looking. Talked it all out and ended it with a friendly hug. Gotta go back in for a sink and she told me to get her when I am ready and I will.
Ya know after I got done at the store and drivin home I think I figured it out how I think now after that stuff got ahold of me. If this makes any sense to anyone. I am trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. By the time things are explained to me that I understand I can get the round peg to start to fit in the round hole but I can't get it in all the way. That's what I came up with.
I don't like that part of it. I try to compensate for what I am missing.
Have a project in the garage been wanting to get that finished. Worked on it the other day and struggled with it but I kept at it and did as much as myself would let me do. Doesn't look pretty but it is better than it was. Few more hours on it and it will be buttoned up. Gotta wait till my thoughts get there to finish it. Don't like that part either.
Ok that's all I got,

Thank You for reading my ramblings.
We are all fighting the fight together.

s...