Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

View Poll Results: Are you a Veteran???
I served in the Army 24 46.15%
I served in the Navy 5 9.62%
I served in the Air Force 7 13.46%
I served in the Coast Guard 1 1.92%
I'm a United States Marine 5 9.62%
I served in the Army Nat'l Guard 2 3.85%
I served in the Air National Guard 1 1.92%
I served in a Reserve Component (please specify) 3 5.77%
I served in the Armed Forces of another country 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2017, 01:13 PM   #221
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Veteran's Day

dee, I thought long and hard about what I'm about to say.
Yes, I served and proudly, but, no ma'am I made no sacrifice.

I've had my 20's, 30's,40's, 50's, and now my 60's, but
generations of young men and women did not get the
chance to have these years, they sacrificed.
My best buds are heavy on my mind this afternoon.

dee, don't take this personally, I know you meant no
harm. I certainly do appreciate your sentiments.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Thank you for your service! I appreciate your sacrifice!

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #222
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default Veteran's Day/Rolling Thunder POW's Memorial Day

Rolling Thunder Demonstration: Soldier's 4 Hour Salute

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 01:44 PM   #223
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default sacrifice?

When I was in the Air Force I was identified as a female...
I served during the viet nam era.
Not a very fun time to say the least.
We were not allowed to wear uniforms off base, as the civilians would harass, threaten and in some cased throw thing, eggs, bottles, etc.
Words did not was off and being called baby killer was a bit much.

When i eventually left the usaf, i never really talked about my years in service till over 20 years later, I got used to not mentioning it so i wiould not have to hear how horrible viet nam was by people who could not find it on the map.
I got tired of being looked at and treated like a monster because i joined during that time period.

Many folks who did not go overseass in a battle zone feel they did not sacrifice,,,let explain a few sacrifices we did make.
1. we joined while the war mongers did not.
2. stateside provides the support to our brothers and sisters in arms all over the world.
3. We all sacrificed our lives, by willingly becomeing military property for the number of years we served. We were not free to quit, take a vacation, leave, curse out a boss and quit, and in some cases say no.
4. Any biological female in the military is/was/continues to be subjected to sexual harrasment and intimidation; is at a greater risk for rape, and other forms of violence from her own,,,"friendly forces" than in some cases the onew we are at "war" with.
Those are a few of the sacrifices, to say nothing of women with children, whom have been called to active duty and must leave their little ones with freinds and family, etc etc

When we enlisted in the military, we made a decision to make sacrifices in service to our country, as well as our willingness to make the ultimate sacrifiec, death in service to our country. What no woman in the military agreed to was the sacrifice of her body, her identity, her self to be sexually, physically, psychologically, molested, harassed, or raped by anyone especially members of her own unit, branch or country.

sacrifice?
yes, i wllingly sacrificed much.
i also unwillingly sacrificed, my youth, my dignity, my body, my mind, and almost 50 years later, i can say i survived the friendly fire.....
with traumatic brain injury, ptsd, non functional parts, and a few replacements...
and at last i say im a vet, and i hear the words..thank you for your service....
I still can only nod....cause i am not sure if i had it to do over i would opt to serve, and be willing to sacrifice my life, for a country of war mongers that sent my friends to die in a country for the sake of...oil? precious metals? elements? not democracy, not honor, not to save civilian lives....but for oil, vendettas, corporate profits, boron, and other rare earth metals, no thanks, i woud opt out and not buy the batteries, ipads, laptops, etc...if i knew then it would keep my friends and neighbors and classmates that had no choice but were drafted and were sacrificed in viet nam, the gulf, afghanistan, iraq, DRC, etc. ALIVE...
Darn right, those computer goods have to high of a price,,and not willing to sacrifice this generation or the next for more toys!
Old 03-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #224
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default VA Hospital, WASHINGTON D.C.

VA knew for years about dangerous conditions at Washington, D.C., hospital

Donovan Slack, USA TODAY Published 10:00 a.m. ET March 7, 2018 | Updated 12:46 p.m. ET March 7, 2018

WASHINGTON — Department of Veterans Affairs officials at nearly every level knew for years about sterilization lapses and equipment shortfalls at the Washington, D.C., VA Medical Center, but they were either unwilling or unable to fix the problems, an inspector general's investigation found. The failures put patients at risk and squandered taxpayer dollars.

Local, regional and national officials had been informed of the issues repeatedly since 2013, but investigators concluded “a culture of complacency and a sense of futility pervaded offices at multiple levels.”

“In interviews, leaders frequently abrogated individual responsibility and deflected blame to others,” the investigation report says. “Despite the many warnings and ongoing indicators of serious problems, leaders failed to engage in meaningful interventions of effective remediation.”

The probe found clinicians put patients under anesthesia before realizing they didn’t have equipment to perform scheduled procedures. In some cases, they canceled and redid surgeries later. In others, they ran across the street to a private-sector hospital to borrow supplies during procedures.

Investigators also found more than 1,000 boxes of unsecured documents that contained veterans’ personal information — including medical records — in storage facilities, the basement and a dumpster.

The hospital paid exorbitant amounts for supplies and equipment, including $300 per speculum that could have been purchased for $122 each, and $900 for a special needle that was available for $250.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion/396914002/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #225
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,144 Times in 560 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default My Alma Mater reaching out,

https://www.hayspost.com/2018/03/02/...an-vet-center/

We have a local VA health center with limited abilities. My own mental health agency does receive referrals for medication services which we do provide.

The VA will not however: pay for urgent/emergent therapy services in my western Kansas area. This choice will hopefully assist our area vets for their unneeded travel to Wichita or Topeka VA for therapy. Kansas is a large state with limited affordable transportation.

ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2018, 09:35 AM   #226
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Wow, have things ever changed in the past 39 years since I trained at Parris Island MCRD and earned my Title (U.S. Marine). Watching this, I'm filled with pride, yet I feel a bit jealous, too. I'm extremely proud that Women Marines have made these giant steps of equality, and a large part of that is the fact that that accomplishment is largely due to the courage and commitment of not only my generation, but of millions of others who came before. On the other hand, I'm jealous that my generation didn't get the opportunity to meet the challenges that this new generation has.

To understand my perspective here, let me say that my boot camp series (each "series"/company consists of 2 platoons), back in the Spring of 1979, was only the second series to be issued the camouflage utility uniform (aka "BDU's" or Battle Dress Uniform) and leather combat boots. Prior to that, the female utility uniform consisted of a pair of blue trousers/slacks and a light blue blouse. Back then, we didn't get training with the M16 rifle in boot camp, nor did we receive any instruction with hand to hand combat. Instead, we had classes on makeup and military bearing.

Still, I am pretty proud to have served as a Woman Marine. Nowdays, I just call myself a Marine. It's what I am and will always be. Semper Fi.

~Theo~
Old 11-10-2018, 11:34 AM   #227
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Happy Birthday, Marines!!! OOOOO RAH!!!

Today marks the 242nd Birthday of the United States Marine Corps. On this day, every man and woman who has ever earned that precious Title with his/her blood, sweat and tears, shares a common birthday. It is a part of us, a piece of us that will never leave our hearts and souls.

We are a unique club. I have witnessed this nearly my entire adult life, in so many places, even those I did not expect. I found it in my 20 years working in the VA system, stretching across the generations, in the smiles and nods of other Marines who proudly sport caps, pins, shirts, jackets, bumper stickers.....nearly anything that proudly identifies us to others. I found it in firm handshakes and the quiet (and sometimes not so quiet!!) utterances of those precious two words, "Semper Fi", that Marines say to each other that bond us as one.

Today, we Marines celebrate our common birthday. It was on this day, back in 1775, that the Second Continental Congress authorized the raising of two battalions of Marines with these words:

"That two battalions of Marines be raised consisting of one Colonel, two lieutenant-colonels, two majors and other officers, as usual in other regiments; that they consist of an equal number of privates as with other battalions, that particular care be taken that no persons be appointed to offices, or enlisted into said battalions, but such as are good seamen, or so acquainted with maritime affairs as to be able to serve for and during the present war with Great Britain and the Colonies; unless dismissed by Congress; that they be distinguished by the names of the First and Second Battalions of Marines."

So, happy 242nd birthday to my fellow Marines.

Here's this year's message from our Commandant, Gen. Robert B. Neller:

Semper Fidelis, always.

~Theo~
Old 11-11-2018, 08:36 AM   #228
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

Posting this as a tribute to the Armistice of 1918. One hundred years ago, on this date, World War I, the "Great War" and "War to End All Wars", ended with the signing of the Armistice. So began the journey home for hundreds of thousands of war weary Veterans. Many would find war torn landscapes, families devastated by death and loss, but also the promise of peace and rejuvenation....and also opportunity and a responsibility to rebuild that which was destroyed. They would also do what Veterans, the world over, have always done. They would rebuild their lives and families the best way they could. They would "march on".

This is for them, and all Veterans on this Armistice Day, now celebrated as Veterans Day for all of us who served.

Semper Fi,

~Theo~
Old 11-11-2018, 10:11 AM   #229
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2019, 06:29 PM   #230
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default Attention. To All Vets Fort McClellan, Alabama

Found out about this today and am sharing with all of you Vets, and lovers of Vets past and present who completed basic training and/or AIT at Fort McClellan, Alabama WAC or US Army no matter the year.

https://fmvets.org

"THE STORIES & PORTRAITS OF U.S. VETERANS EXPERIENCING A RANGE OF DEBILITATING & LIFE THREATENING HEALTH ISSUES THAT THEY BELIEVE ARE CONNECTED TO NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL AND CHEMICAL HAZARDS THEY WERE EXPOSED TO WHILE STATIONED AT FORT MCCLELLAN - A U.S. ARMY INSTALLATION IN NORTHEASTERN ALABAMA CLOSED IN 1999. THEIR EXPOSURES HAVE NOT BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE OR THE VETERANS ADMINISTRATION. READ & LISTEN TO THEIR STORIES..."

Pass this on your social media as well, thank you.

We Stand Strong Always, Greco

The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 07:40 AM   #231
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

I have to share this beautiful story about a lovely Lady who served in the U.S. Army during WWII. In these days of the darkness of political corruption, it's kind of nice, every once in awhile, to see a story like this. Enjoy!!!!

A WAC's Journey to Find Her Husband In the Middle of WWII

Semper Fi...

~Theo~
Old 08-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #232
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I have to share this beautiful story about a lovely Lady who served in the U.S. Army during WWII. In these days of the darkness of political corruption, it's kind of nice, every once in awhile, to see a story like this. Enjoy!!!!

A WAC's Journey to Find Her Husband In the Middle of WWII

Semper Fi...

~Theo~

Thank you for sharing Theo!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #233
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

I just want to drop this in here and wish my United States Marine Corps a very happy and proud 244th Birthday. I am so very proud to have served my Corps as a Woman Marine in those years following the Vietnam war. It wasn't easy. They say that "the hardest steel is formed by the hottest fire", and this is how we were made into U.S. Marines at Parris Island, SC. I still have my original U.S Marine Corps collar emblems, along with my weapons (rifle and pistol "Expert") badges in a small wooden box. I will one day be buried with them.

So my most sincere and heartfelt Birthday greetings go out to my Sister Marines, as well as all other Marines who have worn the uniform, earned The Title and still carry that Marine espirit de corps and camaraderie in their hearts. Happy Birthday to us all!!!!

OOOOOOOOO RAH!!!!

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
Old 11-10-2019, 08:23 PM   #234
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,144 Times in 560 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Thank you for your service to our Country!

You’ve helped to make this world a better place with your courage, sacrifice, and dedication to our country. No words could ever express how much that means.

ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2023, 09:00 PM   #235
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Member Photo Albums

I know it’s a little late in the day, but I do want to take a moment to wish my fellow U.S. Marine Corps brothers and sisters a very happy 248th birthday!!!

Semper Fidelis to all Marines, past and present!!!! May we always stand the watch with honor, courage and commitment. 😉👍

~Theo~
Old 11-11-2023, 09:35 AM   #236
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,666 Times in 7,708 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
I know it’s a little late in the day, but I do want to take a moment to wish my fellow U.S. Marine Corps brothers and sisters a very happy 248th birthday!!!

Semper Fidelis to all Marines, past and present!!!! May we always stand the watch with honor, courage and commitment. 😉👍

~Theo~
Thank YOU for your service in the USMC, Theo!!