Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Performance Art

Old 05-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #1
oboejive

How Do You Identify?:
Open lesbian and more femme-ish (although not much for labels) :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lee, she
Relationship Status:
Seeking Friends

oboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputation
Default Musicians of BF :)

I'd figured I would start this thread to see how many of us are musicians.

I'm Lee, 33, from Florida. I am a classical musician (oboe and English horn), and I play in a local GLBT wind ensemble while also gigging around. I also sing from time to time (alto).

What about everyone else?
oboejive is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oboejive For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I play most brass instruments. Also a little sax and clarinet. I sing some, thats why Pearls calls me Elvis. I've always wanted to learn to play guitar and piano. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sing with a trumpet or French horn in your mouth?

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 PM   #3
Evolved

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the mood...but never femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Evolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST ReputationEvolved Has the BEST Reputation

I played the trumpet for many years. In my dreams, I can still play like I did when I was younger. Perhaps a BP band is in order.
Evolved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Evolved For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #4
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I play a half a** fiddle and a fairly good banjo, I played drums a long time in high school in both marching band as well as kettle drums. I have some what learned to play a lap harp, I bought it at a country fair years ago and it was hand made. Currently I have four guitars two electric but one needs some work on it as it needs a tuner screw fixed, one classical and one I picked up in a garage sale for $5.00.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Ive sang in Bands,since I was 19,I play a singers Piano IE enough to accompany myself and a lil bit of harp.
I sang blues/rock when I was young,but since transition and getting older I do more ballads now,I've recorded a few songs,both before and after transition and still play with I would say more a of a collective band,we only play political demos,or benefits and don't play that much.
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 04:14 AM   #6
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a classically trained singer (soprano). Since having children, I am no longer as busy singing as I once was. When living in Vancouver, I sang with 4 different choirs throughout the city and was a paid singer in one of the church cathedral choirs. I currently mainly sing at weddings and have done 2 funerals in the past year. I do not like to sing at funerals...
Thanks for starting this thread!
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #7
oboejive

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lee, she
Relationship Status:
Seeking Friends

oboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputationoboejive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I play most brass instruments. Also a little sax and clarinet. I sing some, thats why Pearls calls me Elvis. I've always wanted to learn to play guitar and piano. Do you have any idea how hard it is to sing with a trumpet or French horn in your mouth?
Super cool, Blade! So you play a whole gamut of instruments? I couldn't imagine how difficult it is to sing with a brass instrument in general. I had always thought double-tonguing on the oboe was tough, but singing while playing brings it to a whole other level.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oboejive For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 12:25 PM   #8
oboejive

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lee, she
Relationship Status:
Seeking Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
I played the trumpet for many years. In my dreams, I can still play like I did when I was younger. Perhaps a BP band is in order.
Hey! You never know what can happen when you get back into it, you know?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oboejive For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 12:38 PM   #9
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,241 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboejive View Post

I'm Lee, 33, from Florida. I am a classical musician (oboe and English horn), and I play in a local GLBT wind ensemble while also gigging around. I also sing from time to time (alto).

Nice – you're quite the accomplished musician.

I play(ed) classical guitar since I was 8, but I haven't played since moving to Jersey about 1.5 yrs ago. My guitar is in storage in Atlanta right now. Next time I visit I'll grab it because I miss playing!

I also played piano, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as guitar.

Great thread!
Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #10
oboejive

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lee, she
Relationship Status:
Seeking Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post
I am a classically trained singer (soprano). Since having children, I am no longer as busy singing as I once was. When living in Vancouver, I sang with 4 different choirs throughout the city and was a paid singer in one of the church cathedral choirs. I currently mainly sing at weddings and have done 2 funerals in the past year. I do not like to sing at funerals...
Thanks for starting this thread!
That's super awesome I wish I could sing professionally but only sing when asked by churches. I bet singing at funerals is tough...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oboejive For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #11
Happy_Go_Lucky

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Butch who desires femme company.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Handsome devil you.

Thanked 3,359 Times in 626 Posts
Happy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST ReputationHappy_Go_Lucky Has the BEST Reputation

Definitely, some of my best memories of young adulthood was being in marching, symphonic and concert band.

I still laugh being a trombonist and every Halloween parade, we "bones" were ALWAYS behind the Clydesdales. So grateful for my parents they purchased a vintage "Olds" trombone for me, rose trim with amazing calligraphy. No "F" attachment, had to get that note the old fashioned way.....stretch that arm baby.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #12
Murmurs

How Do You Identify?:
femme; sometime kitty
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Confusingly attached

Murmurs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboejive View Post

Another obophonist?! Awesome

I too play the oboe/cor anglais in a local orchestra, double on the flute with a dubious level of skill, and play the piano and organ - when I can, playing disguised but entirely inappropriate voluntaries at the end of the mass. (Think the Imperial March from star wars with enough baroque fugic elements that the priest will at least turn a blind ear). At school/uni I sang in the chapel choir (alto) - some of my best memories were with that choir. I'm thinking of bassoon lessons if I can get hold of an instrument for less than 2arms and 2 legs...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murmurs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 04:54 AM   #13
Beast Lee

How Do You Identify?:
Visualization
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, but she turns me on
Relationship Status:
Single

Beast Lee is on a distinguished road
Default Wow

Wow, finally something to say. Iv played the guitar for a while, piano for three months( I plan on coming back to that but my teacher said she showed me everything she knew) and a flute. Iv written a lot of music but its always minor scales ( which means they're roots are blue) I don't think the world needs anymore sad songs so I'm waiting. Wow it sounds really stupid when I type it
Beast Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beast Lee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #14
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Former classical pianist....

I trained in classical piano from age 7 1/2 to age 13 with the late Walter Gianinni, an Italian organist and pianist who taught piano to a lot of kids in the NJ suburban community. My mom heard that there was a community music school through Montclair State College in Montclair NJ and they placed me with Mr. Mark Pakman, a defector from the Moscow Conservatory who also taught at Julliard. Within two weeks I was learning more about expression and technique than I had in years. We had a very positive working relationship for 10 years when I went away to college to major in music performances and composition. I had decided to see my now married ex partner for a weeks vacation over in England and my mom met me at the airport with a letter from my stepfather which read that if I went I'd finish my semester then move back home without any privileges and rights and finish my degree in community college. I knew at the time that I'd never get anywhere in the biz there, so when mom said it's up to you you're 18 I got on the plane and didn't come home for 4 years. I was hopelessly sex and love addicted as well as angry at the homophobic discrimination I faced. I did an Ellen before Ellen was Ellen.

My parents have grown past that incident but in one significant way I have not: I stopped playing piano. It brings back so many feelings of shame and anger. I have a piano in my home but am afraid to play it. I just don't want to put myself through the torture. But there's a little kid inside that loved it and misses it.

Question: if anyone of you has reclaimed your instrument how did you do it? What made the difference?.
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post: