Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Careers, Work, Business

View Poll Results: What is Your Employment Status?
I am employed full time. 84 53.85%
I am employed part time. 7 4.49%
I do freelance work. 7 4.49%
I am on unemployment. 6 3.85%
I am not currently employed. 4 2.56%
I am not currently employed but looking for a job. 7 4.49%
I am currently employed and looking for a better job. 7 4.49%
I work more than one job. 6 3.85%
I am on disability. 15 9.62%
Other: See thread for explanation 13 8.33%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2018, 01:03 PM   #221
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I am blessed to have always had a full time job. I have also only worked for two companies over my 25 years of working.

Of course, my position has changed many times in these companies over the years, and there were times that I was not happy (most notably 3 years ago for 3-5 years with my current employer), but I hung in there, and I am glad I did. 3 years my program had an overhaul and things have been much, much less stressful. I hung in there due to the quality benefits I have, but I was close to the end of my rope with that.

Are there other people here who stay/have stayed at their jobs because they have good benefits (insurance, retirement, etc)?
My stepson’s wife stayed at a very low paying job for years just for the benefits while she went to school and her kids were young.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #222
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I am blessed to have always had a full time job. I have also only worked for two companies over my 25 years of working.

Of course, my position has changed many times in these companies over the years, and there were times that I was not happy (most notably 3 years ago for 3-5 years with my current employer), but I hung in there, and I am glad I did. 3 years my program had an overhaul and things have been much, much less stressful. I hung in there due to the quality benefits I have, but I was close to the end of my rope with that.

Are there other people here who stay/have stayed at their jobs because they have good benefits (insurance, retirement, etc)?
Yes sometimes I feel that’s why I stay. The benefits are the best I’ve had so far. But I figured when I’m ready I could find something else. THEN they went and gave a pretty hefty raise. Sooooo..... now it would be much harder to match it all. I hate the long drive on the Congested roads and the feeling I don’t have enough free time among some other things. But it could be much worse so I try to be happy with it all.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:04 PM   #223
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL1 View Post
Yes sometimes I feel that’s why I stay. The benefits are the best I’ve had so far. But I figured when I’m ready I could find something else. THEN they went and gave a pretty hefty raise. Sooooo..... now it would be much harder to match it all. I hate the long drive on the Congested roads and the feeling I don’t have enough free time among some other things. But it could be much worse so I try to be happy with it all.
Yes, I have a good salary too. Another thing that keeps one put!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #224
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I finally scored a job not using a staffing agency.

Autozone is taking a chance on me and hired me as sales/driver. With potential to further my training to become maim driver, etc.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #225
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post

Autozone is taking a chance on me and hired me as sales/driver. With potential to further my training to become maim driver, etc.
Congratulations buddy!

I worked for Autozone during college. I wish you the best of luck. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any automotive questions.

Chad
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #226
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Congratulations buddy!

I worked for Autozone during college. I wish you the best of luck. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any automotive questions.

Chad

Thank you and i will!
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 11:57 AM   #227
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,013 Times in 1,509 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Congratulations JDeere that's great.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 12:03 PM   #228
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have worked at the same mental health agency since February 2011. I started as a clinical supervisor, then was promoted to clinical director, then program director, then director of quality management then four months ago I was promoted to the Director of Clinical Operations. My work focuses on Division Outcomes, data analysis, research, and evidence-based practices. I am also an adjunct professor for a college in the area and I am working on my dissertation for my Ph.D in social work. I just hired a company to start the credentialing process to become part of insurance panels for private practice.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #229
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfemme View Post
Congratulations JDeere that's great.
Ty ty Happyfemme!
Old 10-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #230
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I scored a temp position in admin/office. I finally get to put my data entry/ shipping and receiving experience to work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #231
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I scored a temp position in admin/office. I finally get to put my data entry/ shipping and receiving experience to work.
Congratulations! i love data entry!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #232
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Congratulations! i love data entry!
Thanks. All those years of typing got put to use lol
Old 10-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #233
ReadandSnapFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

ReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST ReputationReadandSnapFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm an office manager. Nothing fancy here. It pays the bills.
ReadandSnapFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReadandSnapFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2018, 12:14 PM   #234
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadandSnapFemme View Post
I'm an office manager. Nothing fancy here. It pays the bills.

short and to the point, no embellishment I like it.....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:34 PM   #235
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

I know I have mentioned it in a different post but I’m excited to start my 4 day a week schedule at 10 hours a day!! Starting Nov 5th!

Still working...

That’s my situation.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:39 PM   #236
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I can't give a lot of personal details about my latest work placement, but I can say my former company hired me back, I work in an office that serves an international company of engineers and while I'm not salaried, I will be earning a decent living and I'm grateful to be back on board with the company I was last working for. I work a Monday through Friday schedule, get all holidays off, and I also have the opportunity to advance in placement. Just today, in front of my small office crew, I got another compliment by an vendor who frequents our office, daily. So I'm thrilled to be back at work.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 08:54 AM   #237
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

I started a new position in a different organization. Director of Ambulatory Programs which is basically the same type of work including; strategic planning, outcomes, evidence-based practice, and financials.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 12:19 PM   #238
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 26,952 Times in 5,063 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My boss is working from Florida for three months, and the rest of us, including me, are working from home. I expect that will change once we all get our vaccines. I actually love working from home, I never have to get dressed except from the waist up twice a week for our staff Zoom meetings. I'm spending hardly any money on gas, and no money on lunches out.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 03:07 PM   #239
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfemme View Post
I started a new position in a different organization. Director of Ambulatory Programs which is basically the same type of work including; strategic planning, outcomes, evidence-based practice, and financials.
Congrats Happy..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2021, 03:32 PM   #240
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Congrats Happy..........
Thanks so much homoe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
employment, job