Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 10-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #181
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,129 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

fresh cuts of meat & seafood were wrapped in paper.

dairy products were delivered

you could shop and shop and your purchases were delivered within 24 hours
Old 10-28-2018, 11:33 PM   #182
Lifesymphony

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme; Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Getting back my groove

Lifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST ReputationLifesymphony Has the BEST Reputation

Men never swore in front of women.

It was considered poor taste to call after 9pm.

Men stood when a woman left the table.

We went to bed with no tv in the bedroom.... sigh, how nice it would be to meet someone without a tv in their bedroom these days.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:48 AM   #183
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesymphony View Post
Men never swore in front of women.

It was considered poor taste to call after 9pm.

Men stood when a woman left the table.

We went to bed with no tv in the bedroom.... sigh, how nice it would be to meet someone without a tv in their bedroom these days.

I have never and I never will have a t.v. in the bedroom. That's not what the bedroom is for!

I know somebody at work who has a t.v. in every room but her bathroom. Can you imagine?

I don't have any t.v. service, not even local. I do have a t.v., but I use it for streaming videos off of my laptop with an HDMI cord.
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 12:26 PM   #184
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
I have never and I never will have a t.v. in the bedroom. That's not what the bedroom is for!

I know somebody at work who has a t.v. in every room but her bathroom. Can you imagine?

I don't have any t.v. service, not even local. I do have a t.v., but I use it for streaming videos off of my laptop with an HDMI cord.
No bedroom TV here, either. We do have this large monstrosity in the livingroom, which usually has Music Choice Smooth Jazz all night after Colbert, Rachel and Lawrence O'Donnell are over for the night...maybe Chris Hays.
Rather have a large stereo system with vinyl, cassettes, and CD capability. Wish I'd not lost my albums.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #185
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Remember when Bose speakers could be about 4 feet, and music was played Loud. We just had bands that were made to played loud, The Who, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and others from the seventies and late sixties.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 03:37 PM   #186
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post

Same here,no free to air TV
I mainly just buy series I like
I like quiet then music,or practice guitar
Although I do read a lot of non mainstream media on the net
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #187
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when:

Street curbs in Chicago were still almost a foot high because of the Model T's, and the alleys were mostly still dirt or brick.

Taking electric trolley buses that shot sparks out of the top when it rained or snowed. The seats were real leather stuffed with straw.

Every Saturday afternoon my friends and I would see a double feature for 15 cents, and big candy bars were a nickle, and pop a dime. Newspapers and comic books were a dime too.

I remember when people could rent horses and ride along Chicago's lakefront.

I remember when "pitching penny's" was a fad. The one who threw their coin closest to the line in the sidewalk, won the pot.

I remember seeing the bad kids sitting in the "bad kids row" in class, sitting under the teacher's desk with the teacher's legs, and being made to stand in a corner all day, even with wet pants.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 05:33 PM   #188
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

A time when the neighbors would help you prime the pump, all night if necessary. Everyone left their door unlocked, safely. Families next door would put your windows down right before it starts to rain. Their mom and kids would take down your line laundry. When families could leave stuff on the lawn (not always, my bike stolen x2, but we knew who).
Also, neighbors would pass clothes and such to our moms, if they think might fit, and your mom would pass them on when grown out of. Ugh!

Families played croquet outside, they'd invite individual kids to play. Neighbor dads would play horseshoes in one another's yard. Yes, I grew up in the suburbs.

Bicycling was safe from shady characters and strangers in other neighborhoods. They would ask where you came from when you went visiting. Would call your mom, she'd bitch at you for going so far away, ask you if you need a ride home. I'd tell her no, and she'd say to get home right away.

Even families of neighbors not known would want to visit, had gum and candy in their livingroom. If they had a pool or swingset, you were generally permitted to use it.

Sheese, really wish to be in those times and places, again
Old 07-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #189
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~ ~
Adults rode in cars unencumbered by seat belt restrains
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 09:04 AM   #190
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
Women used "spit curls" as a way to set their hair
Old 07-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #191
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
There were no such things as SUV's! The largest vehicle a big family owned was called a station wagon!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 03:59 PM   #192
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
Parents didn't knock themselves out planning "play dates" for their kids!

Parents told kids to entertain themselves and just to be home before dark..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 05:42 AM   #193
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 540 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Touch calculations were done with slide-rules, pencil and paper!
Old 08-24-2019, 02:47 AM   #194
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 540 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Touch calculations were done with slide-rules, pencil and paper!
That should have been "tough", not touch.

Right now, I'm remembering when I could leap out of bed rather than slide out slowly bemoaning an achey hip! 8-}. Back then I could take a bus ride to the other side of town and another back and still have change from half a crown (12.5p in the new-fangled money)!
Old 11-19-2019, 07:19 PM   #195
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Parents, well mine at least, put the wrath of god into me when getting over either a cold or flu with the fear of a relapse!

"Button that coat up", "wrap that scarf around your neck", "put those mitten on", yada yada yada

As a child, luckily I never encountered a relapse but once I started managing the video store, I had one after the other......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2019, 08:52 PM   #196
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

School bus driver and teachers would yell at you for arriving with long frozen icicles where hair ordinarily hung when showering after an AM run.
It's a similar verbal tactic as the one that seems to have been employed in the above post.
Nosy teachers and school employees. They're lucky students stay home when sick and take showers at all.
Wonder how many of us went to school with sneezy, sniffly, stinky classmates?
Old 11-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #197
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Do you remember when "STD" stood for standing room ticket seats at a football game?
Old 11-19-2019, 10:07 PM   #198
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
A time when the neighbors would help you prime the pump, all night if necessary. Everyone left their door unlocked, safely. Families next door would put your windows down right before it starts to rain. Their mom and kids would take down your line laundry. When families could leave stuff on the lawn (not always, my bike stolen x2, but we knew who).
Also, neighbors would pass clothes and such to our moms, if they think might fit, and your mom would pass them on when grown out of. Ugh!

Families played croquet outside, they'd invite individual kids to play. Neighbor dads would play horseshoes in one another's yard. Yes, I grew up in the suburbs.

Bicycling was safe from shady characters and strangers in other neighborhoods. They would ask where you came from when you went visiting. Would call your mom, she'd bitch at you for going so far away, ask you if you need a ride home. I'd tell her no, and she'd say to get home right away.

Even families of neighbors not known would want to visit, had gum and candy in their livingroom. If they had a pool or swingset, you were generally permitted to use it.

Sheese, really wish to be in those times and places, again
Where the fuck did you grow up? Sounds fabulously ideal.
Me? I grew up where you were lucky if the apartment superintendent hadn't molested you by age 4 and if you knew your neighbours it was only cause the cops were always there to arrest the guy for beating the shit out of woman, who was either his wife or just the mother of his 6 kids that he wasn't supporting.