cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

The discussion about "TERF" vs FTM and the origin of the term and concept will be continued in the Red Zone. I will start a thread for further discussion pro or against.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 12:38 AM   #662
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 540 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Diva Magazine responds firmly and clearly against the LRA

Diva magazine, the UK's only (I think) magazine aimed at lesbian and bi women, has spoken out against the shameful activities of the transphobic group calling themselves the "Lesbian Rights Alliance"
http://www.divamag.co.uk/Diva-Magazi...-speak-for-us/

I can say that from personal experience, as well as keeping a look out for items relating to trans issues, that it's clear that, at least in the UK, the LRA and those of like mind are but a tiny minority, and their agenda is firmly rejected by the vast majority of both lesbians and feminists.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #663
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

The quest to make German more gender-neutral (language)
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 10:55 AM   #664
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

From the news headlines this morning, I read the latest article on how the current administration is trying to undo law on the books concerning Trans people in the greater LGBTQ community (see link below).

T***p Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out Of Existence
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #665
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
From the news headlines this morning, I read the latest article on how the current administration is trying to undo law on the books concerning Trans people in the greater LGBTQ community (see link below).

This policy change would mean that intersex people would no longer officially exist.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:52 AM   #666
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
This policy change would mean that intersex people would no longer officially exist.
I think you are so correct, Cheryl.

The latest attacks levied against members of the greater LBGTQ community is very concerning and deeply worrisome.

I wondered what Dapper, Jesse or TheOddz or Anya (or other members of our community) might post concerning this issue and I came up with an excellent resource for press coverage on Trans Issues for members of our online community.

1) The Advocate

and...

2) Here is an recent press release by The Advocate, covering what Trans members are doing locally and at national levels of press coverage.

We Will Not Be Erased (video and press release by The Advocate)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #667
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 540 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association Condemns Discriminatory Policy in the US

I am so proud of the Women's Flat Track Derby Association*; they're speaking up loud and clear against recent proposed changes to legislation involving trans and intersex folk in the USA, and calling for other sports bodies to speak up too:

The Women’s Flat Track Derby Association Condemns Discriminatory Policy in the US

*I'm a non-skating member of the Birmingham Blitz Dames, currently on sabbatical whilst I do my degree)
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 06:33 PM   #668
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

It could cause transfolk to be disappeared as the Holocaust did to "gypsies". How many people nowadays have heard of the Romanies?
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #669
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
It could cause transfolk to be disappeared as the Holocaust did to "gypsies". How many people nowadays have heard of the Romanies?
In Aust this has just been launched,to combat the same battle that is happening in the USA.
SAGE,won the high court battle for non gender specific birth certificates and passports.
The Norrie case.

Also in 2011,we won our case for me to get M,on my birth certificate,without having to be steralised "hysterectomy",although 3 yrs ago it was removed,due to ovarian cancer.

http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/...OSqVdGkfCCe4nc

ATM we have a full blown fundamentalist christian Prime minister,"not vai election"who is funded by the religious far right
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 08:32 PM   #670
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,448 Times in 10,178 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

FILE - Reigning champion Patricia Manuel, of Commerce, Calif., competes in a 132-pound division at the 2010 USA boxing national championships, July 15, 2010, in Colorado Springs, Colo. Saturday night, Manuel, a transgender male, won his first professional bout.

A 33-year-old boxer entered the history books Saturday.

Pat Manuel is the first transgender male to fight professionally in the United States.

In a unanimous decision, Manuel was declared the winner in a fight against Mexican super-featherweight Hugo Aguilar in Indio, California.

“I’m a professional boxer now,” Manuel told the Los Angeles Times.

Saturday was not Manuel’s first foray into the boxing ring, however.

Olympic trials

He competed as a female in the 2012 Olympic trials for the London Games. A shoulder injury after just one fight dashed his Olympic dreams of competing in the first Olympic boxing tournament for women.

The end of one dream allowed him to pursue another dream he had held even longer — transitioning from a female to a male.

After months of hormone replacements and surgery, Manuel was ready to enter the ring again, but this time as a male.

California boxing authorities were not sure about issuing Manuel a boxing license. That all changed, however, when the International Olympic Committee ruled before the 2016 Rio Games that female-to-male transgender athletes could compete “without restriction.”

California license

California issued Manuel a license.

Aguilar, Manuel’s opponent Saturday, learned only two days before the fight about Manuel’s transition.

“It doesn’t change anything for me,” Aguilar said. “In the ring, he wants to win and I want to win, too.”

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2018, 11:03 PM   #671
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have, maybe a handful of times, but I do know what you are speaking about!

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Romanies

However on the subject of trans people "non exisiting" I don't see it happening, native tribes to this day still acknowledge their members who are two spirit, I am thankful mine does!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #672
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

NCAA board of governors takes a stand in support of Trans athletes.

Article by Mother Jones:

https://www.motherjones.com/mojo-wir...rans-athletes/

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #673
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default How cool is this......

Brian Michael Smith of '9-1-1 Lonestar' is first transgender man to make 'People' list of 'Sexiest Men'.....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bria...182441455.html
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 07:55 PM   #674
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Washington Post

The mental health establishment is failing trans kids.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mental-he...002806212.html
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2022, 03:45 PM   #675
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Washington Post

The mental health establishment is failing trans kids.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mental-he...002806212.html
The mental health establishment and health care systems is failing everyone, but its failing more on lgbtqi individuals and indigenous people as well.

Albert Einstein
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2022, 10:36 PM   #676
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
The mental health establishment and health care systems is failing everyone, but its failing more on lgbtqi individuals and indigenous people as well.
Is there any single group that's being served properly by the medical/psychiatric community, not lgbtq, not cis-folk, not bipoc?

Medical workers are simply exhausted. I can't imagine having to be a nurse through a 2+ year long pandemic. Barely made it through a 10 day hurricane. I truly have no clue. My hat is off to all of those professionals.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:44 AM   #677
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Is there any single group that's being served properly by the medical/psychiatric community, not lgbtq, not cis-folk, not bipoc?

Medical workers are simply exhausted. I can't imagine having to be a nurse through a 2+ year long pandemic. Barely made it through a 10 day hurricane. I truly have no clue. My hat is off to all of those professionals.
mainly rich people of all colors, get proper healthcare...

Albert Einstein